Lifting like girls

Hi everybody! Today was my Wednesday workout. Back dominant. Yes, I got a call Saturday night. They found my car. She has been abused. Ignition, totally jacked up. The gas was full when it was stolen, empty, when I saw it at the impound lot. That's at least 300 miles. Think they burned out the clutch. The car was filthy, full of mud, and they messed up the radio. I had left one of my craft projects in the back, they didn't bother it. So, I will have a cute Christmas sled. I had her towed to the Honda dealership, so they can check her out, see what damage was done, and if it's worth the repair cost.
I did a HoCo today, after my weights. Felt good, but as usual, kicked my butt. Hope your week is going well. Oh yea, is it Friday yet???

Aw, Karen, that's awful. So sorry! How can people do such horrible things? At least your Christmas sled is safe, not that that takes it away or anything.

And in other news, I still can't read. When you wrote "back dominant," I thought you wrote "back dammit." Or maybe my mind is just in the gutter.

Karen, glad she is back..hope the injuries are not fatal. I don't know why some people do stuff like that, no respect for anything. Lisa, they do have someone now, he is working 4 days. We need 7 days/ week so I will work 2 or 3. I'm working everyday this week to catch up and help orient the new guy. Today I did shoulders and abs. I started with strict press, but I had to stay really light and have my hands almost touching each other, really close. I did 45x20 and it was fine, 65x15 was good, but when I got to 85, it was obvious she didnt like that. I did 1x8 at 85, then dropped back to 65 and did 1x15. Next, 3x8 side lat/ front raise, 3x16 rear delt fly, and dumbbell shrugs x30 x25 x20. I finished with 1x50 crunches and 1x20 cable crunches. Even though I wasn't able to go heavy on presses, front raises or side lat, I feel like I got a good w/o in. Hope Thursday is kind to ya'll!

Today was chest, shoulders and triceps. With a little bicep and abs thrown in. As much as I love this program, I need a little more variety. Think I'm going to add on a little cardio, or something metabolic. I'm already working out well over an hour, so where the cardio and metabolic will fit, is anyone's guess. Maybe add on little snippets of Cathe Live.
Today was my Friday. Came home at 2:00, workout done. I'm ready to start the week-end. I see the laundry piling up; hope that's not my weekend.
Have a great evening everybody.

Karen, big piles of laundry? That's what DHs are for! Yeah, well, I guess it's all about compromise. I mostly do the laundry but my DH does all the outside stuff, toilets, floors, and trash. I'm pretty spoiled honestly. I hear you on the need for variety. That's kinda why all I ever want to do is Cathe Live because they're all so different, well with the exception of any super heavy lifting which just isn't practical for a group fitness setting. If you just want a few minutes here and there, a lot of the boxing workouts have like 20-30 minutes of punching and heavy bag before moving onto metabolic so those could be pretty easy to split up. Anyway, yay for your early weekend! Did you celebrate National Coffee Day today? I got a large Dutch Bros coffee and the 'reward' for Coffee Day was a punch card with 9 stamps, so 1 more stamp and I get a free coffee. It's the little things folks.

Tom, glad you got some back up at work. It's about time! You don't always have to go heavy to be feeling your workout, that's for sure, but I know you love the heavy lifting so I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can be back at it ASAP.

Today I did Step & Pump Live (5/12/16). It's a everything plus the kitchen sink kinda workout which I just really love.

So, hey, what new Fall TV shows are you guys watching, if any? We started watching Bull on CBS because we are gigantic NCIS fans and the star of Bull left NCIS to be on this show. We love it which probably means it's going to be cancelled soon. Just our luck

Arm day Friday, don't get any better than that! Typical w/o for me, tri pushdowns x10/ dumbbell curls x 10, skullc x 12/ hammercurls x 10, kickbacks x 20/ conc curls x 10 and finished with 1 set of 15's (like 21's, only less!!) I kept it simple and used 1 set of dumbbells for everything...except the set if 15s), and that is why most of the tricep sets are longer. Even though Karen got her Friday early, hope everyone else enjoys theirs! I'm off to another Homecoming at my small undergrad college, should be fun. Have a great weekend Commandos!

Just finished my Friday leg work. What a great combination. Tom, looks like you love arms, like I love legs. Meeting my sisters, in a few, for a late lunch, gossip, and catching up. Waving to all our missing in action friends. Hope everyone is having a spectacular day. Later!

Tom, way to work those glamour muscles on your arms! Enjoy your reunion. Flex your muscles and you'll be sure to impress your old friends. ;)

Karen, lunch with your sisters sounds fun. I have one sister and we're not particularly close (as in, not at all) so I'm always envious of sisters who are grown up, real life girlfriends. I'm with you, love leg day! Feels like such an accomplishment.

Today I did Old School Cardio Plus Kickboxing Live, from yesterday. Fab-u-lous!

Lisa, I think we are so close, because our Mother was so distant. We were just kind of there for each other. I'm envious of my friends who have, or had a great relationship with their Mother.

Well, no need to be jealous of me because my mom sounds like she went to the same school of parenting as your mom (sadly). I'm pretty sure Mother Gothel from the Disney cartoon movie Rapunzel was modeled after my mom. There's a song called Mother Knows Best which is totally my mom. It's worth listening to. We can compare notes!

But hey, that's why you and I are both such amazing moms because we had hardcore examples of what not to do!

Karen, so sorry to hear about your car!!

Hi everyone! Miss you all!

Started back to STS today, now that I have thr grove down and the fit tower, I am ready to get into a regular program. Haven't been swimming, my friend has been really sick, and I have been taking advantage of a quiet house to study in. Have been doing something most days......not enough to list, but walking if nothing else.

Today I tried to do a little of everything EXCEPT chest and shoulders. I started with bodyweight stuff. I did a circuit of crunches x 50, airsquats x 25, skaters x 25, and 1 leg calf raises x 25, repeating the circuit 1 more time. Then chin-ups 12 10, deadlifts (205) x8 conv and 8 sumo, and tri pushdowns 2x10 and dumbbell curls 2x10. LIsa...THIS WAS CARDIO!! I had trouble catching my breath, especially after deads. I don't set the bar down on the concrete, and it really revs up my heatrate to do longer sets (8 is long for me!). Tomorrow is chest and I hope I can do SOMETHING. Lib, glad you are able to get back at it! Karen, Lisa, I know you are GREAT Moms, despite your role models, Sometimes I think people from those situations work extra hard at being what they think is right, you should both be very proud of who you are to your kids! I am back to a couple of days a week...yay, back to semi retirement! Karen, enjoy the deload..the rest of ya,,bust it up!

Saturday late afternoon. I needed a little cardio. So......Step & Pump Live. You are so right, Lisa. Everything is in this workout. Loved it. I could get addicted to Live. Thanks for the recommendation!! Hmmm, Bootcamp with Step? Sounds like another goody!
Good to hear from you, Lib. You were missed!

Last edited:
Monday all! Really wasn't into it this morning, but did do some light bench and tri's. For bench I started with the bar only and gradually increased my rom until I was near chest and did most of my sets this way and I was able to do 8 sets, but never tried to go heavy. My rep range was between 8 and 20, although many were not full rom. I increased the weight gradually and decreased reps, and I think it was ok. Next, for tri's, I did 3x12 skc's and 3x12 kickbacks and finished with 2x20 cable crunches. Have a good Monday everyone!

Lib, so great to have you back! You are all set for STS with your tower. Should be a whole different experience from the last time you did it, hopefully even more fun!

Tom, whoa, yeah yesterday's workout looks like a total heart rate raiser. I am so impressed!!! And, well as for today it's Monday so at least you got it done! Glad you're back in semi-retirement mode. Working full-time is for the birds, LOL!

Karen, welcome to your deload week! So glad you loved the Step & Pump Live! So much good stuff to choose from!

Today I opted for KCM 30MTF Kickboxing + bonus abs. It just sounded good so I went with it. I'm going to try to get in some UB splits this week. It's been a couple of weeks since I've lifted "heavier." But hey don't hold me to it because I might change my mind. It's my right as an American woman!

Off to the races!

So proud of myself! I ended up having to go in earlier than planned today.....which meant I would have to workout at 630 tonight.....ugh. We all know how well I stick to that. But I did it! I got home, changed, then called Dad to wish him a Happy Birthday while I put my shoes on, then started my workout.
Using the fit tower for pull ups is awesome, tough, but also safer than what I was having to do last time.

I have a lot of major assignments due this month. So I need to focus on school, working out, and eating right. I need to stay on track. When my muscles were getting fatigued, I just pictured myself in a photo I feel fat in. It helped.

I may print that out, and keep it on hand.

Hope everyone is well. I have to get some research started, and get the kids to bed.

Back and bi day for me. Chin ups x 15 x8 x6 ( the 15 was really a max out, kinda "shot the works" on that one!). Next were dumbbell pullovers( I use 2 dumbbells for these because the powerblocks fit together pretty well with their flat surfaces) x12 x10 x8. lat pulldowns x12 x10 x10. dumbbell curls 2x10. hammer curls 2x8 and ez bar curls 2x10, finishing with 1 set of 21's. I was more ready to workout today, guess maybe a better night sleep?? dunno, but I will take it! Lib, good work finding a time! If I don't get it early, sometimes it is tough for me to "get er done"! My last day of work this week, but it has been surgery week. I need to take out 16 teeth on a young lady this morning...really sad, but she goes home soon and it will save her lotsa coin!! Make Tuesday "all it can be"!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.