Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for June 2016

Today I did Hard Strikes mix no drills, 35 minutes, 114 avg./151 max heart rate, 210 calories. I then did Ice Upper Body, 42 minutes, 171 calories. Total time 77 minutes, 381 calories. I wanted to do abs too but, I had my grandson come to clean and wax my car and my 5 year old grandson here so I quit there. Boy was my legs and glutes sore when I got up and went upstairs this morning. Once I was up and moving it felt better though. Maybe my kettle bell lower workout should have been a bit shorter :)
Ice Upper Body I can never seem to get the actual count down on reps when I do this.
swinging military press 8# 12 reps
triple dead row/triple upright row/ shrug 12's#
windmills 5's# 8 left 8 right
Hammer Curl/clutch curl 12's# I think this one was 8 reps then 8 both
overhead press/overhead extension 10's#
forward tilt bent arm lateral raise 10's# 2 sets 12 reps, 6 reps
rotational rows 2 sets 12's# 16 reps, 16 reps
discus throw 5# 2 sets 12 reps right and left
3 curls /1 press 10's
triceps push up with leg lift 3 sets 12/8/4 reps
rear delt raise with leg extension 5# 2 sets 12 reps right then left
chest fly with leg extension 2 sets 12's 16, 12 reps
pullover extensions 8's3 sets 16, 16,8reps
bear crawl plank walks BW
high plank descents BW 12 reps
high plank descents wide arm 8 reps and hold

Deb, nice work on the lower body today. I would have to look and see if Cory has a website. It seems so many people get rid of the website when they are on other media. I got rid of twitter. I have enough with Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. I only got Instagram so I could look at some food and exercise stuff along with makeup. Plus my granddaughters are there. Half of my grandchildren use Pinterest and it is hand when choosing gifts for them.

Today I did Press Play - all of it - and after the leg workout I had yesterday, I probably should have done a shorter one. My knees are talking to me right now. But I had an awesome workout and I feel great.

Workout was 65 minutes, ran 4.3 miles!!!! Burned 442 calories (TM said 639) and went 8800 steps. Really did good with this one

One observation about my heart rates (if anyone cares LOL!) - So when I begin a workout and after the warm-up is complete and I start jogging my HR is pretty steady. Once I do the first challenge, like sprints, my HR shoots up to the 140's-150's. After that it drops to the 120's for the rest of the workout. How weird. It's almost like my heart is going "UUUUGGGG!" when I start and then it realizes what I'm doing and it comes down. Could that be possible? It seems to acclimate to what I'm doing. How strange. It's either that or my heart is going to stop one of these days. My resting HR is usually 45 or 46 bpm. :cool:

Hope you all have great workouts. Going out to lunch with my cousins. :)

Diane Sue - Cory had a Twitter account but hasn't posted since 2013. LOL!!!

Today I did Low Impact Circuit cardio only mix, 48 minutes, hr. 115 avg. /143 max, 290 calories. I then did some of Abs Circuits, weights and plates followed by med ball abs no partner and adding 3 sets of 10 barbell roll outs using a 45 # barbell, 34 minutes, 130 calories. I used a 15# medicine ball for most of the med ball portion dropping to 10# for a couple of moves. 420 calories, 83 minutes.

Deb, I can never figure if it is my heat rate or if the device is doing it's own thing. My heart rate stayed at 111 for the longest time after the warm up and kept wondering if the monitor was stuck or something. It is great that we have such low resting heart rates. I do sometimes if the monitors take some time to really get the heart rate and that is why it stays at a particular rate for awhile. I really felt like I was working harder today than what it was giving me for a heart rate. When I was using the Bluetooth monitor I could watch it and it would go way high and then after a bit drop to zero and come back with an acceptable heart. It was like it was trying to get itself where it should be. Either that or I confuse the silly things.

Sorry for not checking in yesterday, the day got away from me. I took a rest day because I was exhausted and I couldn't get going. Today I went and joined a gym for the next month, instead of waiting for my kids at football, I can go and work out!:) It is a small gym call Anytime Fitness and it has all the cardio, free weights, machines and so much more. I have a two hour window of time each day so I will fit my workout in at that time. I will still do my Cathe Live workouts when we don't have football and I can work out at home.

Today I did STS # 15 Back only.

Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs 50# x 16 reps, 60# x 12, x 12, x 12 reps

1 Arm Rows- 30# x 12, x 10, x 8, x 12 TF

BB Underhand Rows- 60# x 12, x 10, x8, x 13 TF

Deadlifts- 55# x 12, x 10, x 8, x 15 TF

I really miss doing the STS workouts. What I don't like is the one minute rest between each set, the workouts take too much time. But, they are good!

Nice Workout ladies!!!

Roselyn, have a nice vacation with your family!

Debbie, I loved Cory Everson! She was awesome back in the day. Now the hot girl is Dana Lynn Bailey.

Have a great day!

PS. I have to do abs tomorrow, I have neglected them this week.

Today I did Body Beast - Tempo: Back & Bi's. Really had a good workout today, this one was tough. Loved it. I can't believe I didn't like the Tempo workouts when I first did them.

This is what I did:

BACK
Pull-Over:
20#/25#s/30# - 15/12/8 reps - 6/6 count; 3/6 count; 3/3 count (triceps got real tight, had to stop periodically on this one)
Wide-Plank In & Outs: 10 reps

Band Pull-Down: 15/12/8 reps - 6/6 count; 3/6 count; 3/3 count
Hanging Circle: 10 reps (loved this one and so glad I got my hanging ab sleeves! So fun!)

EZ Bar Underhand Row: 20#/25#/35# - 15/12/8 reps - 6/6 count; 3/6 count; 3/3 count
Lat Oblique Twists: 17# - 10 reps each side

BICEPS

EZ Bar Curls:
20#/25#/30# - 15/12/8 reps - 6/6 count; 3/6 count; 3/3 count
Hanging Leg Raise: 10 reps (Again, used my hanging sleeves and getting better at using them)
(EZ Bar were supposed to Preacher Curls, but these hurt my elbows too much)

Dumbbell Curls Wide: 10s - 15 reps - 6/6 count
Dumbbell Curls Close: 10s - 12 reps - 3/6 count
EZ Barbell Reverse Curls: 20# - 8 reps - 3/3 count
Bench V-Ups: Bench V-Ups (supposed to be Mountain Climbers but I hate those)

Also walked on my treadmill for 2 miles. :cool:

Have great workouts everyone!

Today I did Ice Boot camp timesaver mix 5 no upper body, 35 minutes, 191 calories, heart rate 109 avg /138 max. I then did Great Clutes compound, chair, and ball segments with the warm up, 40 minutes, 184 calories, 101 avg. / 124 max heart rate. I then did Lean Legs and Abs, chair firewalker and bonus chair with the final stretch, 34 minutes, 116 calories, avg. 90/ max 112 avg. heart rate. Total time was 1 hour 49 minutes, calories burned 496. I kept the weights higher than Cathe on most of the moves on these workouts today. 20's for the deadlifts. I used the heavy blue firewalker band for the firewalkers and a heavy band for the floor work. On the bonus chair on the lean legs I used a used 5# ankle weights above the knees on the leg work after the stuff on the toes, forward leg lifts, angled leg lifts, abductor lifts, and in and out.

Jolie, great idea for getting a gym membership. There are Anytime Fitness Gyms around here too. Nice work on the weights. I kind of contemplated pulling out some of the STS workouts again. I really am enjoying doing some lighter work though and a bit more cardio.

Debbie, I always liked the Tempo workouts. They made a nice break in the rotation with having a second choice. I really liked the ab work on that workout. I was wondering if I could make used of my super band for some relief of some of the pressure when doing the hanging work. My door pullup bar is a bit different so I do not have just a straight across bar on it. I loved doing those moves. I don't think that one shoulder is ready to just hang again. If I could get my X Mount on the ceiling I could get in some great abs work with the TRX suspension trainer.

Last edited:
Todays workout was a walk on the treadmill, high incline 10.0, 3.4 pace. I walked for 45 minutes, 2.5 miles and burned 425 calories. Next I did Muscle Meltdown Biceps, same as last week so I wont post the weights. Abs I did my own thing, doing all my favorite ab exercises. The gym has a leg raise station, which I tried because Debbie is doing them currently, HOLY CRAP, those are tough on the lower abs!!!

Debbie and Diane Sue, great workouts!

I am so exhausted lately. I have to get up at 4:30am to get my oldest to football practice and I just cant get used to getting up at this time. Also, Its hard for me to go to bed early so I get enough sleep, so I am actually getting too little sleep. Kill me now!!!

Have a wonderful evening!

Workout today was Hardstrikes Cathe Live workout. I used 2 lb hand weights. Workout was 60 minutes. I tried the new Cathe Live workout from yesterday, boxing as well, the first 10 minutes and I liked it. Workout was only 10 minutes. Total calories burned was 640 calories. I was drenched after this workout because it is hot and humid today.

Yesterday I went and bought a new workout outfit. I have to tell you, my cloths have seen better days. It is amazing how something new can motivate you. I bought some Lululemon crops in an Eggplant color and a new white tank. I love the crops because they really suck me in and make me look thinner than I really am!!!

I hope you all have great workouts today and I will be back later to read your posts.

Today I did Body Beast - Build: Shoulders. Had a great workout, I upped the weights from last time and what a difference a few pounds make. My shoulders are still burning!

SHOULDERS
Single Set
Dumbbell Shoulder Press:
10s/12s/15s/20s - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Super Set
Lateral Raise:
8s/10s/12s - 15/12/8 reps
ss w/
Upright Row: 25#/30#/35#/30# - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Giant Set
EZ Bar Underhand Press:
20#/25#/35# - 15/12/8 reps
1, 1, 2 Front Raise: 3s/5s/8s - 15/12/8 reps
Rear Delt Raise: 10s/12s/15s - 10/12/8 reps

Super Set
Dumbbell Shrugs:
15s/20s/25s/20s - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)
ss w/
Dumbbell Scrap Trap: Skipped - These hurt my upper back

Super Set
Sagi Six-Way:
5s & 3s - 12/8 reps
ss w/
Tuck & Roll:
2 sets/15 reps

Walked on my treadmill for 2 miles as well. :)

Hope you all have great workouts. I need to get going and get my Chevy Trax. It's not even a year old and it's already in the shop. :eek:

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Circuit Upper Body, 46 minutes, 276 calories. I used my HR7 Bluetooth today with the new Polar Beats App. I like the app. It worked well till somewhere in the middle it decided to go up to 200 and then drop to 0. I tried to give it time to right itself then finally paused and switched straps. It went back to working right after that. I then did Ice Muscle Meltdown Biceps, 15 minutes, 83 calories and X Train Burn sets triceps, 14 minutes, 43 calories. I ended with Brook Benton's Butts and Guts Kettlebell workout Express Abs using a 20# kettle bell, 11 minutes with the 2 minute stretch, 60 calories. Total time was 86 minutes, calories burned 472.
Biceps Giant sets 12 reps 3 rounds of 5 exercises
standing curl 17.5#, 17.5#, 17.5
hammer curl 17.5#,17.5#,17.5#
Preacher curl in stability ball 12#, 15#,15#
Incline curl on ball 15#, 15#,15#
concentration curl on ball 15#, 17.5, 17.5#
Triceps
triceps push ups
dumbbell lying extension 15's , 15, 15, 10 reps, 10 reps, 14 to failure
one arm kickbacks 15, 15, 15, 10,10,15 to failure
burn set tubing overhead extensions

Jolie, a new workout can sure make a person feel good :) I am getting to the point where I really need some new jeans and pants. I have been eyeing capris for a good price. Eggplant would be a nice color with the whit top. Nice calorie burn today.

Debbie, great job on those weights. I never do those scap traps.

Today I did Legs. I did my own version of a Muscle Meltdown workout, Giant sets, 3 rounds with no rest between exercises.

DB Squats- 20# x 16, x 16, x 12 Reps
Bent Leg Deadlifts BB- 35# x 16, x 16, x 12
Slide Back Lunge with disc BW- x 16, x 16, x 12
Deadlifts BB- 55# x 16, x 16, x 12
Narrow Stance Squats DB- 15# x 16, x 16, x 12
Plie Squats DB- 12# x 16, x 16, x 16
Leg Extensions- 50# x 16, x 16, x 16
Leg Curls- 25# x 16, x 16, x 16

I finished with ABS.

Workout was 50 minutes and I burned 377 Calories. My heart rate was 122 and max was 148. I really worked hard because I was tired from my workout yesterday and it is hot and humid.

Debbie, I hope your car is perfect after being serviced. For as much as we spend on our cars, they should not be in the shop within a year. My husband works for FORD so he does all the car stuff for me!

Nice workout yesterday ladies! You both inspire me to do better!

Have a wonderful day. Stay cool.

Today I did Ice Low impact sweat both workouts and blizzard blast, 54 minutes, 398 calories according the the Polar HR7 and Polar app. It is over a hundred calories more if I use the stats on Calorie burned app. I will keep with the polar though. I love the new app and the read outs on it. I will have to post a picture of my cardio workout on the app today. I also did Les Mills Combat Strength and Stretch, 19 minutes, 71 calories. 73minutes, 469 calories.

Today I did Build: Chest & Tri's and had a great workout. I went higher with my weights and really felt it. This was tough but I really enjoyed it.

Single Set
Dumbbell Chest Press:
17's/22's/25's/22's - 15/12/8/8 (last two sets were drop sets)

Super Set
Incline Dumbbell Fly:
15's/20's/25's
ss w/
Incline Dumbbell Press: 20's/25's/30's/25's - 15/12/8/8 (last two sets were drop sets)

Giant Set
Close Grip Press:
15s/20s/25s - 15/12/8
Partial Chest Press: 15s/20s/25s - 15/12/8
Decline Pushups: 15 (2 on knees) /12 (4 on knees) /8 reps

Single Set
Lying Dumbbell Tricep Extensions:
8'/10's/12's/10's - 15/12/8/8 (last two sets were drop sets)

Super Set
Single-Arm Kickbacks:
8's/10's/12's/10's (last two sets were drop sets)
ss w/
Tricep Pushups: 15/10/8 - (all on my knees)

Super Set
Dips:
60 seconds
ss w/
Ins & Outs (abs): 60 seconds

I also did the ab work from Cardio & Weights and walked on my treadmill for 3 miles. Had a great workout today!!!

You all have great workouts today!!! Be back later for personals if I can.

Today I wanted to do STS Muscle Endurance Legs. I did not have a work sheet already printed for day 3 so I did day 9 since I had that one. I have not done Muscle Endurance in a long time. Most of the time I skip to Meso 2. This was 60 minutes for me. I had to make a couple of pauses to get heavier weights and equipment changes made. 290 calories. I then did Les Mills Combat Kick start 31 minutes, 187 calorie. I finished off with STS Extended stretch, 15 minutes, 30 calories. Total time 1 hr 46 minutes, 507 calories. I will probably have some days I will need to take off from working out this month so will try to get in as much as I can.
squat lunge sequence bodyweight
1 leg sit and slide 12# 15 reps
lateral step ups dumbbell 15# 15 reps
deadlifts wide stance 25's x 15reps
side lunge onto 6 inch high step 20#x 15 reps
45 degree lunge (same leg) 20's x 15r
squats narrow stance 25's x 15r
static low end lunge same leg 3/1 count 20's x 12r
plie squats alternating hand 30# 24 reps
deadlifts wide stance 30's 15 reps
one leg slide back lunge 15's x 16r
side slide lunge 20# x 16 reps
front lunge same leg 20's 15 r
squats 30's x 16 reps
calf raises 30's x 116 reps
leg press 25's 15 reps
stiff legged deadlift on platform 30's x 15 reps
wall squats double leg 15's x 8 reps
one leg deadlift toe elevated 25# x 12r
bonus- 5# ankle weights, leg raises and outer thigh 24 reps each move per leg
gliding discs hamstring and glute work
no equipment glute presses

Debbie, nice workout this morning :)

Back from vacation yesterday, so I did Bulk Chest and this morning I did Bulk Legs

We had so much fun it was great to be with both kids + one bo.yfriend:) Husband went to Kansas City for work so kind of a downer went to work and now all by myself:( after being around everyone

I promise I will be a good girl and start posting weights!!

Roselyn, all of the activity and being surrounded by people can leave a real empty feeling. I went through that when my husband went out of country and would come home on leave and family would all be around. Once left alone it was pretty quiet. I talked to my dog a lot. Or maybe it was myself ;)

I did Body Beast - Build: Legs. Went heavier with the weights this time, my knee have been good and I hope it stays that way! Had a great, sweaty workout!

LEGS

Single Set
Sumo Squat (Plies):
15#/25#/30#/25# - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Super Set
Alternating Lunge (did Static Lunges instead):
10s/12s/15s - 15/12/8 reps
ss w/
Step-Up to Reverse Lunge: 10s/12s/15s - 15/12/8 reps

Giant Set
Parallel Squat:
15s/20s/25s - 15/12/8 reps
Bulgarian Squat: 10s/12s/15s - 15/12/8 reps
Sagi EZ Bar Deads: 20#/25#/30# - 10/12/8 reps

Giant Set
Single Calf Raise:
20# - 2 sets/30 seconds
Seated Calf Raise (did Standing Calf Raises instead): No weights - 2 sets/30 seconds
ABS
Ins and Outs:
2 sets/30 seconds

Then I walked on my treadmill for 1 mile and did Yoga Stretch because my legs are really tight. Actually, my whole body is tight so this felt good.

Diane Sue - Nice workout yesterday! I do like Meso 2 for legs for some reason, not sure why. I don't care to do those as long as it is in the rotation, but I like them for a change of pace. Nice job!!

Roselyn - Sorry to hear everyone is gone again, that is hard. Glad you had such a good time, though. Great memories forever!

Jolie - Where you at? Hope you post today. My car got serviced and is fixed and it better stay that way. The thing has already had a recall on it, they updated the "system" and then that's when all the stuff went wrong. Oy. Just get it right, people!

Today I did Party Rockin Step 1, 54 minutes, 318 calories, heart rate avg. 113/ max 159. I did have some issues with the Bluetooth monitor though. I restarted it 3 times. I think the 3rd time my husband had got off of streaming to go use the tread climber. I then did X10 step, 26 minutes, 169 calories, 116 avg. / 149 max heart rate. I was a bit surprised at the max heart rate on X 10 since it seemed I was working so much harder than the previous workout. Total time 80 minutes, 487 calories. I missed abs again. We needed to go vote and my grandson came over to do some yard work and help here before he goes to work later. I hardly slept again last night. I started coughing and sneezing almost as soon as I hit the pillow. These allergies are bad. Today I took down the drapes that have been here since we moved here. I have vacuumed them but they need cleaned or replaced. Couldn't take down the valance because it appears to be fastened to a wooden box frame. I guess it will require a screwdriver. I also cleaned the ceiling fan. I had not done this in awhile. Hopefully this helps. My husband mentioned getting another Honeywell air purifier for our room but the one I have cost my daughter over 225 dollars and she bought me extra filters for replacing. I have an ionic breeze in our room.

Debbie, nice workout today. I always liked that one. I just figured tat I have hardly used Mesocycle 1 so I would do it for a bit. I am not committing to a particular rotation though.

Bulk Arms

Standing Curls
15,12,8,8,12,15 reps 16#,17,18,18,17,16

Tricep Extension
15,12,8,8 (DS) 21#,23,25,23

Wide Barbell Curl
5 sets of 5 40#

Skull Crusher
15,12,8,8, 16#,17,18,17

Hammer Curl
15,12,8,8,12,15 16#,18,20,20,18,16

Tricep Kickbacks
15,12,8,8,12,15 reps 14#,15,16,16,15,14

Weighted Crunch

Nice workouts everyone!!

Sorry I did not check in yesterday, I have had two hectic days!!! Yesterday I worked out at the gym and did Hardstrikes DVD for cardio, (2 pound gloves) there is a private room I can do my cardio in and that's awesome!!!! Then I did STS # 13 Chest.

Chest Press 25# x 12, x 10, x 8, x 14 TF
Chest Flies 20# x 12, x 10 x 8, x 13 TF
Incline Chest Press 25# x 12, x 10, x 8, x 12 TF
Incline Flies 20# x 12, x 10, x 8, x 12 TF

Hardstrikes has a weight workout included and abs so I had a kickass workout!!!

I burned 759 calories and workout was 1 hour and 36 minutes.

Today I did Cathe Live Hardstrikes with 2 pound gloves. This one is much different then her dvd, but just as effective. 10# DB for the weight workout and abs. Then I did STS #15 BACK. Same rep count as chest yesterday so I will just post my weights and my To Failure reps

Wide Grip pull downs- 50# x 16, x 15, x 14, 18 TF
One Arm Rows- 25# x 12, x 10, x 8, x 15 TF
Underhand grip BB rows- 50# same rep pattern, 13 TF
Deadlifts- 50# x same rep pattern, 14 TF

Extra exercise-
Cable rows- 50# 16, x 16, x 16, x 16 TF I like these, I wish I had this at my house.

I went lighter on the weights because two back to back boxing workouts have my upper body sore and tired.

Roselyn, I am so glad you had a great vacation!!! When my kids leave for college, I am going to die! Nice workout.

Debbie, I am happy that you got your car back, I hope nothing else goes wrong. I hate dealing with car issues. Your did a great job on the leg workout, impressive weights as always. I might do legs tomorrow, lets see how I feel when I wake up. Its so hot here and I don't sleep well.

Diane Sue, Nice workout. Sorry you are not sleeping well, I'm not either. It really can ruin your day.

Have a great day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.