Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for June 2016

Debbie, I have a Chevy Spark with only 6000 miles on it and I have already had recalls on it. One was for the warning systems. I went to vote a few months ago and locked my keys in the car with it running. No warning that my keys were in there with the door open and it running. They recently sent out another recall card but when I called them they said no nothing needs done on it. I hope not.

Roselyn, nice job on the weights.

Jolie, you have come up with some good combos. It sounds like the gym membership is working well for you.

Last edited:
Today I did Build: Back & Bi's and had a great workout - I feel BEASTY!! Went heavier than last time and boy I sure did feel it. Tough workout.

BACK
Single Set
Deadlifts:
15s/20s/25s/20s - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Super Set
Dumbbell Pullover:
20#/25#/30#/25# - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)
ss w/
Pullups: 3 sets/10 reps (used my bands for this)

Giant Set
EZ Bar Row:
30#/40#/50# - 15/12/8 reps
One-Arm Row: 20#/25#/30# - 15/12/8 reps
Reverse Fly: 10s/12s/15s - 10/12/8 reps

Single Set
Close Grip Chin Ups:
Used my Bands for this - 3 sets/30 seconds each set

BICEPS
Single Set
Seated Dumbbell Bicep Curl:
12s/15s/20s/15s - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Single Set
1, 1, 2 Hammer Curl:
8s/10s/12s - 15/12/8

Single Set
Neutral EZ Bar Curl:
20#/30#/35#/30# - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Single Set
Airplane Cobra:
Skipped - I don't like doing these because they hurt my upper back

Diane Sue - That is exactly what the recall was for mine as well. I hope you don't have issues like I had after they fixed it.

Nice job yesterday everyone!! Got some errands to do so I don't have time for personals. Have great workouts everyone!! :)

Today I thought I wanted to do STS meso 1 upper but looked at all of the push ups and pull ups and changed my mind. I ended up doing Ripped With Hiit chest, shoulders, and triceps, 45 minutes with an extra warm up that I started on STS, 180 calories. I then did Rock Out Knock Out timesaver #1 cardio kickbox, gloved cardio, and stretch, 38 minutes, 225 calories. I finished off with Ripped with Hiit bonus abs #1, using a 12# dumbbell, and bonus abs #2 using a 10 for the toe touch move, 23 minutes, 104 calories. Total time spent was 1 hr 46 minutes, 509 calories.
Flat Bench Press 25# x 12; 22.5 x 12; 22.5 x 12
finisher push ups 16 reps
Incline bench press 22.5# x 12 r x 3 sets
finisher triceps push up 16 reps
incline fly 20# x 12 r x 3 sets
decline push ups 16 r
superset BB overhead press/ upright row 30# x 10/10 x 3 sets
finisher scare crows 5# x 20 reps
superset lateral raise and front raise 10#/15# x 12 reps x 3
finisher external rotation lateral raise 8# x 15 reps
overhead triceps extension standing 30# x 12r; 35# x 12r; 35# x 12r
finisher dips 20 reps
barbell lying triceps extensions 35# x 12 rep x 3 sets
finisher kickbacks 10#

Deb, I hope there is not trouble after the repair. Nice workout this morning :)

Todays workout was Biceps and Triceps, my own workout. I just wanted to hit them hard so I did my favorite exercises.

DB curls-
12.5# x 15 reps
15# x 12
20# x 8
20# x 8
15# x 12
12.5# x 15

Lying Tricep ext.-
10# x 15 reps
12# x 12
15# x 8
12# x 8

Preacher Curls DB-
15# x 12 reps
15# x 12
15# x 12
12# x 13TF

Cross Body Ext-
12# x 12 reps
12# x 12
12# x 12
10# x 15TF

Conc. Curls-
20# x 12
20# x 11
20# x 10
12.5# (1.5 conc. curls) x 12

1 Arm Kickbacks-
8# x 15
10# x 12
12# x 8
10# x 10

BB Bicep 21's- 35# x 21

W Curls- 15# x 20 reps

Lying Triceps extensions 12.5# x 26 TF ( I burned them out!)

ABS

Its hot here again, I'm getting tired of it. Diane Sue and Debbie, great workouts! Debbie, you are a BEAST! Diane Sue, I completely agree with you when it comes to those pushups in STS Meso 1!!! I cant do more than 12 in a row anymore, probably because I don't work on them too much.

Have a fantastic day!

Jolie, I find all of these workouts that throw in shoulder work tend to keep the shoulders and arms so fatigued hitting push ups gets harder. Nice workout. I love doing crossbow extensions.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Today I did Cardio Coach 3. I wanted to do a bit of a longer CC workout but my legs are still really sore. My whole body is sore today. I am really feeling these BB workouts this week. :)

Workout was 40 minutes, ran 2.77 miles, burned 287 calories (TM sai 370) and went 5544 steps.

I also did the ab work from the Oxygen mag that I love so well:

3 giant sets of:
Hanging knee raise
Bench V-Ups
Bench Reverse Crunch

15/12/10 reps with 1 minute rest between each giant set.

Diane Sue - Nice workout! I don't like some of those Meso workouts with all the pushup an pull ups either She gets a bit carried away with that.

Jolie - Nice workout as well. Great job on the weights!! Impressive! I hate concentration curls! I used to love incline curls but those really hurt my elbow. Not sure what I'm doing wrong with those.

Roselyn - Never heard of Toby. Did you like the workout?

I have two of my grandchildren here so just did a shorter cardio. I did Ice Low Impact Sweat 1 & 2 , 46 minutes, 330 calories.

Deb, I don't mind incline curls. Which one's hurt your elbows? Hammer or straight curls? I generally lighten a bit. They seem to hit the forearms a bit more.

Roselyn, I have heard of Toby Massenburg but am not familiar with the workouts.

No workout for me today. I took my rest day now because I have the next 4 days off from driving my kids to football so I have time to get some good workouts in over the holiday weekend.

Roselyn, Toby's workouts are tough!!! Good for you on that one.

Debbie, Nice workout. Don't you just love when your sore, it really makes me feel like a I worked hard and my body is responding to it. Regarding concentration curls, I can only go as high as 20# or my elbows hurts too. I put a memory foam pillow on my leg where my arm is and it really takes the pressure off my elbow.

Diane Sue, nice workout even though you didn't have much time. Enjoy your grandchildren.

I will check in tomorrow with a workout on the books!

Today I did Body Beast - Build: Shoulders. Had a great workout, I stayed with the same weights as last time on all but the last shoulder exercise. Went up on those and it about killed me! :)

SHOULDERS
Single Set
Dumbbell Shoulder Press:
10s/12s/15s/20s - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Super Set
Lateral Raise:
8s/10s/12s - 15/12/8 reps
ss w/
Upright Row: 25#/30#/35#/30# - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)

Giant Set
EZ Bar Underhand Press:
20#/25#/35# - 15/12/8 reps
1, 1, 2 Front Raise: 3s/5s/8s - 15/12/8 reps
Rear Delt Raise: 10s/12s/15s - 10/12/8 reps

Super Set
Dumbbell Shrugs:
15s/20s/25s/20s - 15/12/8/8 reps (last two sets were drop sets)
ss w/
Dumbbell Scrap Trap: Skipped - These hurt my upper back

Super Set
Sagi Six-Way:
5s & 5s - 12/8 reps (this is where I went up - did 5s and 3s last week)
ss w/
Tuck & Roll:
skipped because I did these yesterday

Walked on my treadmill for 2.25 miles as well. :)

Diane Sue - Straight incline curls hurt my elbows. I think when I used to do them way back I lifted too heavy and hyper-extended them. Now every time I do them my elbow is sore forever so I just don't do them anymore. And these aren't the inclines that Cathe does while laying on the ball with her back on ball - those I can do - it's the kind you do when you are laying with your stomach over the ball or in my case, my incline attachment for my bench, that hurts. Used to love that exercise but just can't do them anymore.

Jolie - I just never cared for concentration curls. Other than them hurting my elbow, I never feel like I'm working the biceps that much with that exercise. Could be my form?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.