Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2016

WD

Cathlete
Today I used my Treadclimber for 30 minutes 246 calories, Max Hr. was 160. I didn't get average because the Tread climber picks up the Bluetooth heartrate but I cannot use the Polar app at the same time. I then did Ripped with Hiit Lift it Hit it legs Strength only premix, 31 minutes, 210 calories. I finished with Hammer and Chisel 15 minute glute chisel adding 2 sets of 50 calf raises with 30#, 20 minutes, 117 calories. Total time 81 minutes 573 calories.
Lift it Hit it legs
Squats 24 reps 25# each hand
Plie Squat 16 reps 45#
Static Lunge right 25# each hand 16 reps
Static Lunge left 25# each hand 16 reps
squats 24 reps 30# in each hand
plie squat 16 reps 45# dumbbell
wood chop lunge right 16reps 12# repeat on left
cross back lunge 20# 4 alternating then 16 reps repeat on opposite side
low pulse lunge 20# 10 right half/full, then 10 pulses repeat all on left
deadlift 16 reps 16 reps 30# each hand
deadlift 16 reps 30# each hand left
walking lunge 6 sets 4 steps then 4 back 15# each hand
Stretch

Last edited:
Today I did Cardio for my workout. Power Strike 5 with 1 pound gloves . There are a lot of kicks in this workout, which is great for my flabby legs! I finished the workout with some leg exercises. Workout was 1 hour and 5 minutes. Average heart rate was 138 and the max was 181. Total Calories burned- 538! I was really dripping at the end of this workout.

Body Weight Squats x 100 reps
Leg ext- 50 pounds x 20 reps, x 16, x 12
Leg curls- 25 pounds x 20 reps, x 16, x 12
Plie squats 12 pounds x 20 reps, x 20, x 20

Diane Sue, great workout today! I need to try that workout. I also have to come up with a substitution for lunges, they just hurt my knees too much lately. What do you suggest? I do leg extensions and leg curls and some warrior lunges on the paper plates. Anything else?

I hope you all have a wonderful day. I have a lot to do to catch up from having company this weekend.

Jolie, I like Lift it Hit it legs a lot better without the plyo stuff and I can go a bit heavier that way. 15 minute Glute Chisel was a nice finish :). I have such a hard time with balance on the non surgery leg. I try to work balance in and really concentrate but I think a lot is just body mechanics.
Does squats bother your knees too? I find reverse lunges are a bit easier on the knees than forward lunges. I have to be really careful with those crossback lunges and not go too low. You could do leg raises forward, back, and to the side with a light ankle weight. I used to do this with the cable when I still had my Bowflex. I keep a mirror in front to monitor my knee tracking since the injury. I know I was going really heavy at the end of the last Beast rotation before the injury and I could feel my knees going inward. For me lunging onto a step feels a bit better than pushing off of the floor. Ball roll ins and Hip raise with one leg extended would be good. High step ups can cause me knee discomfort. My knee injury was more on the inside and back of the knee. I hope maybe you can get some ideas for something else to try.

Last edited:
Hi all, sorry I didn't post this morning. I had to go into work at the butt crack of dawn and didn't have time to post my workout. I did workout but only for about 30 minutes. I did the chest and back work from Pyramids. Wow, what a burner this workout is, I forgot how it felt to do this workout. Really worked my muscles good. I also did some plank work. I'm planning on doing Pyramid Bi's & Tri's Wednesday an Shoulders on Friday. Wish i could work my legs, my knees just hurt too bad anymore. :(

This is what I did:

Chest Flyes & Presses: 12's/15's/20's/15's/12's
Pullovers & Double Arm Rows: 12's/15's/20's/15's/12's
Probably could have gone heavier with back, but it burned as is.

Hope you all had a great day!

Meals today
Usual morning coffee, half and half, Amazing grass green superfood, Bcaa powder
Applegate farms chicken and apple sausage
Omelet with kale
Coffee iced with silk coconut milk unsweetened
Snack
Peanut butter, a few chocolate chips and unsweetened coconut toasted
Dinner
Steamed broccoli
Performance Paleo mocha rubbed pot roast
Salad with homemade avocado ranch dressing
Snack
Banana mashed with a few walnuts
The banana is just occasional because they make it harder to keep the weight off. I needed some calories.
1330 calories 22% carbs, 59% fat, 19% pro

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Today I walked on my treadmill for 2.5 miles. Was going to do CC #2 but my body is sore all over. I've been on my feet since Sunday at noon and my legs are so tired. I got some good steps in this morning, though, and I broke a sweat. So all is good. :)

Diane Sue
- Nice eats. I love the mashed banana idea, that sounds good. Your calories are low, do you always eat that little? I usually range between 1600-1700 a day. I'm starving all the time if I don't eat that much.

Jolie - Nice leg workout. Watch those leg extensions. I think that is one reason my knees hurt so bad. I used to do those a lot. I would not be able to do those now, my knees were really hurt doing those. But kudos to you, that was a nice leg workout!!!

Roselyn - Where are you?

here i am i got my mon and tues w/outs in i cut my finger open last night my blender slipped and i got a nice gash so er this morning they glued it up instead of stitch it is on my right ring finger first knuckle so it is splinted as not to keep opening so will hinder my biceps curls:( so not typing all my exercises made awseome sauce it is good is it supposed to be thick

Workout today was BACK and BICEPS. I did my own workout. I minute rest in between sets and the last set was to failure. I am a bit tired today so I had to go a tad lighter on a few exercise.

Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs-
50# x 16 reps
60# x 12 reps, x 12, x 12 TF

1 Arm Rows-
30# x 12 reps, x 10, x 8, x 12 TF

Barbell Rows-
60# x 12 reps, x 10, x 8, 13 TF

Deadlifts- ( I go light on these so I don't hurt my back)
45# x 12 reps, x 12, x 12

Bicep DB Curls- Progressive Set
12# x 15 reps
15# x 12
20# x 8
20# x 8
15# x 12
12# x 21 TF

Preacher Curls on the ball
15# x 12 reps, x 10, x 8, x 11 TF

Conc. Curls-
20# x 12 reps, x 10, x 8, x 10 TF

Crazy 8's Barbell-
25# x 24 reps

ABS

I'm done and I am fried!
Great workouts everyone. Debbie, I like leg extentions, I do not let myself go heavy so I don't run into problems. The thing that kills my knees are lunges. I don't do them anymore. I got some great ideas from Diane Sue for substations and I am going to try those instead. Getting old sucks!!!

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Lift it hit it back, biceps, and shoulders with abs 2 and added the stretch to the end. 65 minutes, 333 calories. I then did Hammer and Chisel 10 minute ab hammer 12 minutes 46 calories. I finished off with a Fitness Blender shoulder and neck exercises & stretches workout that uses a stability ball. I only did one set of the moves and uses 3# dumbbells and followed with the stretches which were good, 17 minutes, 26 calories. The go through a group of neck and shoulder flexibility and strength moves at 16 reps each 3 times. Total time was 93 minutes, 405 calories. My Bluetooth heartrate monitor decided to torment me with erratic readings and I gave up stopping and changed to the watch and regular transmitter.
Weights today
one arm row 12 reps 37.5; 37.5 ; 37.5
finisher 35# barbell row & green band 20 reps
Pullover 40# dumbbell 12 reps 40; 40; 40
barbell row 35# finisher & 21 reps supine band pulls
one arm angled row 12 reps 30; 30; 30
seated 1 arm band pulls 20 reps
rear delt flys 15 # each hand, 12# each, 12# each
one arm band pull 20 reps
prone rear delts 5#, 5#, 5# each hand(I do not like these)
finisher seated band pulls
biceps curls barbell 12 reps 45#; 40#, 40#
finisher W curls with 10# dumbbells 20 reps
concentration curl 12r x 22.5#. 10r x 20#, 10r x 20#
finisher barbell crazy 8's 24 reps 30#
simultaneous standing hammer curls 12 reps 17.5, 15#, 15# pair for all
finisher barbell crazy 8's 25#

Deb, I thought I responded to you this morning from my tablet but I do not see it. I do not always eat that low. I just really need to get out shopping and start pre-planning and cooking up things to have when I don't feel like cooking. I run out of things and I just wander off till later. I should get more protein powder because I will fill in with that. I am going to try to get out and do some grocery shopping over the next couple of days. I am rarely hungry unless it is under 1000 calories.

Roselyn, sorry about cutting your finger. Those kinds of slips are not pleasant. Awesome sauce is a bit thick. It is thicker if you don't soak the almonds. Soaking nuts is sort of like sprouting things. It makes them more digestible. I love it. Someday I will try it with Cashews.

Jolie, nice workout today .

Last edited:
Calories today were better but a bit more carbs and fat than I like.
Usual morning coffee, half and half, Amazing grass green superfood, Bcaa powder
lunch
yesterdays Performance Paleo mocha rubbed pot roast 6 oz
broccoli topped with awesome sauce on all of it
snack
2 Kind Dark Chocolate Mocha Almond bars
Dinner
Wild Caught Mahi Mahi 6 oz cooked in coconut oil
salad with apple, celery, and onion, topped with Whole 30 ranch dressing
Snack
1 Kind Dark Chocolate Mocha Almond Bar (I am glad that there are only 4 of these in a box)
1839 calories 20% carbs; 60% fat; 21% protein (I am still under my total calories with exercise for the day)
I went to Walmart today. I don't know what was up but they had a lot of empty shelves and people stocking. I am going to Sprouts tomorrow and will get some things for recipes and some protein powder. I saw that Amazing Grass has greens with protein now. I think that I would rather just have the two separate though.

Today I did the bi's and tri's work from Pyramids. Man, loved this workout. I'm having fun with these older workouts. I think I'm going to do the same thing next week with Power Hour. Fun and they are all different.

This is what I did:

Kickbacks: 3's/5's/8's/5's/3's
Overhead Extensions: 12's/15's/20's/15's/12's
Hammer/Regular Curls: 8's/10's/12's/10's/8's

Got a great burn with both and I think I picked perfect weights. Kept good form and really felt it.

I also walked on my treadmill for 1.25 miles.

Roselyn - I'm so sorry to hear about your finger. I sure hope it heals fast. Ouch!!!!

Jolie - Nice strong workout yesterday, I like your mixes.

Diane Sue - Awesome sauce on broccoli? OMG, what a great idea. Is it good? What else do you put that stuff on? I was going to make hard boiled eggs and make deviled eggs with awesome sauce but not sure it would be good. I guess I could just try it and see. Love that stuff!!!

Todays workout was Power Strike 5 the whole workout and Power Strike 6 Combos 1 and 2. I wore 1 pound gloves for the entire workout. This was tough today, and not getting a good nights sleep made it harder than it had to be. I did abs from Les Mills Extreme Cardio Fighter. Total workout was 80 minutes and I burned 661 calories. Average heart rate was 138 and max was 168.

My eating has been off lately. I am so hungry since I have increased my cardio. I'm starving...:oops: I have to get some healthy snacks prepared so I don't head for the wrong food item when my will power is gone.

Debbie, I love the Pyramid workouts myself. You don't have to do a lot for each body part and you defiantly feel the burn. I use Power Hour all the time at the end of my workout for a single body part just to burn it out.

Roselyn, I hope your finger is feel better today.

Diane Sue, great workout and your eating is so inspiring! The key is having things prepared ahead of time so you just eat what you are suppose to eat. If you have to prepare something when your hungry that's when I make wrong choices because it is easier.

Make it a great day!

Today I did X Train Hard Strikes with the heavy bag tabatas, 60 minutes, 445 calories. I got out early and hit Sprouts Farmers Market. I bought a packet of the Amazing Grass Protein Superfood in Chocolate Peanut butter. I was surprised how good this was. I figured that it would be as nasty tasting as most of the vegan protein powders. I thought I would try it because the superfood powders are not bad. I hated the ones from GNC. I also picked up a tub of vanilla whey because I wasn't sure about buying a whole container of the Amazing grass. The Amazing grass sure gets thick. I always make these like a pudding and added a spoonful of dark chocolate chips. Normally it would be berries but not with peanut butter. Hopefully this is the last time I have to drive that far to hit Sprouts. The new one opens the 25th and is so close. I needed to get a lot because I have two grandchildren staying here and will be taking them to school while their parents are on their Alaskan cruise.

Debbie, awesome sauce is good on most meats and veggies. I loved it on the broccoli. It is my favorite sauce. Whole 30 has a sunshine sauce that is good too that uses sunflower butter but can use almond butter as well. I also like to make their roasted red pepper sauce and add it to the homemade mayo for the red pepper mayonnaise. Works nice on a lot of things. It was so nice discovering some things that make eating vegetables really taste so good I look forward to eating them. I would think awesome sauce would work for deviled eggs. I have used avocado mayonnaise before. I also have added some bacon crumbled. There is a recipe there that I think uses the chipotle mayonnaise option.

Last edited:
Jolie, good idea using body parts from Power Hour for a burn out. Yes, it definitely helps to have healthy snacks ready when hunger strikes. I have some cooking that I need to get done tonight.

Roselyn, I responded to you yesterday. Yes awesome sauce is a bit thick. It also makes a difference if you don't soak the almonds but not much.

I made the Performance Paleo Larb in Lettuce Wraps tonight. This was really good. I didn't have the kicked up sriracha made so I used some Whole 30 ranch dressing with some Franks Red sauce to top it. I was pleasantly surprised because normally I have never liked dishes I have tried with lemon grass. I did hedge on the 1 inch piece though. I used about 1/2 an inch. I used to worry about fish sauce till I tried it. It does not give a fish taste to the food.
Meals today
Usual morning- coffee, half and half, Amazing grass green superfood, Bcaa powder
lunch
Rebel Maca Mocha drink
Amazing Grass Protein Superfood chocolate peanut butter
silk unsweetened coconut milk
dark chocolate chips
snack
Kind Dark Chocolate Almond bar
small amount of leftover mocha potroast from Performance Paleo
Dinner
Performance Paleo Larb in lettuce wraps
whole 30 ranch dressing 1/2 serving with Franks Red sauce
Spring mix greens on top and Romaine leaves on bottom
4 strawberries
unsweetened silk coconut milk, coffee, topped with full fat canned coconut milk
snack
2% Fage greek yogurt 1/2 cup
1/2 cup blackberries
small amount of walnuts
Calories 1665 21% carb; 53% fat; 25% protein

Roselyn, I miss things when I am not on meds :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.