Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2016

I woke up all stuffed up with a terrible headache. I had a crappy night sleep and I didn't feel like doing anything today. I started feeling a cold coming on last week and now it's in full swing. Great. However, I did get up and got on my treadmill and walked for about 2.5 miles. I worked up a sweat so I guess all is good.

I need a tan...

Jolie - I have STS Total Body and love it. I will maybe do that one next weekend.

Diane Sue - OMG on your HR monitor. How annoying is that??? I'm glad you emailed Polar. For godsakes, their product should work better than that, with or without other devices in the room. Let me know if they respond.

Roselyn - I hope your dad is ok. I will definitely keep him in my prayers.

Let me just start out by saying, Roselyn I am praying for your father! I hope everything turns out well for him at the hospital.

Workout today was a 5.36 mile walk outside. My foot was killing me today, probably arthritis from all of my foot surgeries. Workout was 1 hour 25 minutes and I burned 602 calories.

My dad came by today since he was in town for a Board Meeting and I took him out to lunch. It is his 83 birthday tomorrow, it was nice that we could get together, just the two of us. I also gave him his gift so he could open it tomorrow on the big day.

Debbie, my dad walks in and gives me my usual hug and says..."Jesus you are solid"! I told you I am built like a football player at the moment. :eek: He said it looked like I had put on some muscle since the last time I saw him, which I did. He likes it! My dad is old school and loves a girl that's tough and can take care of herself. I want to be strong but cut not thick.

Diane Sue, I hope I don't run into any problems with my Fitbit like you are having with your heart rate monitor. So far so good. Nothing makes me more mad when something goes wrong with my workout or my equipment!

Have a nice day!

I am late getting here today. I had to get out and run errands and take care of business before I have the grandchildren tonight. I will be up bright and early tomorrow to get them out to school.
Today I did Hammer Build up warm up and round 1 lower body, 7 minutes, 20 calories followed by Lift it Hit it legs, strength only adding 3 sets of calf raises 25 reps, 35 minutes, 190 calories. I wanted to use the tread climber so did 30 minutes on the treadclimber 206 calories and finished with stretch from fitness blender 15 minutes, 34 calories. Total time was 87 minutes and calories 450.
Lift it Hit it legs and calf addition
squat 30's# 24 reps
plie squats 20# 16 reps
static lunge 25's# 16 reps right then 16 reps left
squats 25's# 24 reps
plie squat 40#
wood chop side lunge 12# 24 reps right then 24 reps left
cross back lunge 4 reps alterntating then 16 reps right 4 reps alternating then 16 reps left 15's#
low pulse lunge 15's# 20 reps all right then all left
deadlift 30's# 16 reps
wide stance deadlift 30's# 16 reps
walking lunge 6 passes 15's#
calf raises 30# 25 reps right then 25 reps left then both 30's both calves 25 reps
Hammer build up was squats, lunges, and step ups They used an 8# medicine ball and suggested you could use weights. I just used weights 15's for step ups 1 15 # for the lunges and two for the squats. Made a good warm up.

Debbie, I am sorry you had a lousy night. I have had the allergies so half the night I am clogged and coughing. I woke this morning with puffy eyes. I will be glad when I get it under control. I have not heard from Polar yet. It took them awhile to return my watch and answer before.

Jolie, I think that arthritis seems to show up wherever there were injuries or surgeries. I hope that your foot gets to feeling better. I use collagen and turmeric/curcumin to help with that. I doubt that you are that big :)

Meals
coffee with half and half, Amazing Grass acai berry, bcaa
lunch
protein powder
unsweetened coconut
almond butter
coconut milk
Dinner
steak strips stir fry with peppers, onions, garlic and coconut aminos
romaine lettuce
roasted asparagus with sunshine sauce from Whole 30 cookbook
1327 calories 12% carbs; 55% fat; 33% pro

Polar sent a generalized email again saying they were really busy and would get to me.

Today I did the 2nd half of Power Hour. Wow, had a great 30 minute workout. Then I walked on my treadmill for 1 mile.

This is what I did:

Shoulder Front Raise: 10# plate
Side Lateral Raise: 5's
Rear Delt Raise: 3's (these kill my upper back so went light)
Barbell Overhead Press: 25#

Bicep Curls: 20#
Bicep Curls: 20#

Lying Barbell Tricep Extension: 25#
Kickbacks: 5's
Lying Barbell Tricep Extension: 25#

Killer. The high reps really catch up to you. I'm glad I revisited this workout. :)

Jolie - LOL! Too funny. My mom hugs me and says I'm "solid" as well. My dad never really said much about my weight lifting. Not sure why? My mom always tells me what a solid little body I have, though.

Roselyn - I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I am keeping him in my prayers.

Diane Sue - I like Lift It, Hit It. I need to do those again as well. Nice eats!!! Hope you hear from Polar soon.

Todays workout was a killer that I have not done since last year! Athletica by Illaria by PowerStrike. OMG is all I can say. It is a total body workout with exercise I never see in workouts. Total workout was 1 hour and I burned 491 calories. I did so many squats, I doubt I will be able to walk tomorrow! ;) Average heart rate was 131 and max was 171. each set is 1 minute long and you do each side two rounds!
Round 1
DB swing (kettlebell style) 12# (for 1 minute)
Clean and Press- 12# for 1 minute one side only
Plie squat- 12# for 1 minute one side only
DB swing back (shoulders) to side squat 8# for 1 minute one side only
Do the other side and then repeat all again!!!

Round 2
High row to back to side squat- 8# for 1 minute one side only
Circle swing to side squat- 8# for 1 minute one side only
side to side punches- 5# for 1 minute both sides
Do the other side then repeat all again!!!

Round 3

Bench Press 12# x 30 reps ( suppose to be Burpees but I cant do them due to my foot)
1 Arm Rows- 20# x 20 reps each side
Repeat

Round 4
Bicep Curls- 12# x 25 reps, 10# x 15 reps, 8# x 15 reps

ABS
Leg raises 20 on each leg
Crunches 30 reps
Repeat

Since there wasn't any tricep work I did Lying Tricep Extentions from High Reps 8#

I'm dead!!!

Roselyn, I hope your dad is doing better.

Debbie, I'm going to do Power Hour soon. I always do the bicep workout at the end of arm day, its a killer.

Diane Sue and Debbie, I follow this Cookbook on Face Book called SkinnyTaste. It shows recipes that are low calorie and very healthy. You should look into it for ideas. It also post the Smart Points for each recipe if you do Weight Watchers. For instance, Baked Eggs with Wilted Baby Spinach for todays recipe. Yum. it shows the points for each recipe and the calories, Fat, Protein, Carb, Fiber, Sugar and Sodium. I like it I hope you do as well.

Have a great day.

Today I had planned on cardio but since my knee is still hurting I did Lift it Hit it Chest, Shoulders, Triceps with Abs 1 and adding the stretch on . 51 minutes, 204 calories. I followed this with Kelly Coffey Athletic Conditioning #1 stretch workout 27 minutes. I am dragging today. I went to bed early enough but between coughing and that stomach issue again I did not sleep. I had the same thing happen not long ago and I couldn't figure out if I ate something bad. I had made everything fresh. The same yesterday. My daughter told me that because of how long it lasted it was probably something that I ate. I finished off that Silk unsweetened almond coconut milk that I mentioned awhile back as being really sweet. I am wondering if it was that. I mixed it into my protein powder with the canned coconut milk. It was a busy morning and I had to hit the bank and store after taking the children to school. I had to go buy toothpaste for my 5 year old grandson that was not pink with princesses on it and was not minty. He refused to brush his teeth this morning. I tried to convince him that it was pink bubble gum. Didn't work. Tonight I have to figure out how I pick them up at 5:30 get them fed and to their church for Awards at 6:30 . They live so far out and they have to take multiple cars and the first one off picks up and gets food. I would go crazy trying to keep up with all of it.
flat bench press 25's; 22.5's; 22.5's 12 reps
push ups
incline bench press 22.5 's x 3 sets 12 reps
triceps push up
incline fly 20's x 3 sets 12 reps
decline push up
barbell overhead press/upright row 25# 3 sets I did this with 30 last time but just didn't have it in me today
scarecrows 5#
lateral raise alternating 10's/front raise 15# 3 sets 10 reps each move
external rotation 8's
overhead triceps extension 30# 12 reps 3 sets
dips 20 reps , 20 reps
barbell lying extension 35# 12 reps 3 sets
kickbacks 10's 20 reps

rest day but I did a bonus shoulder focused rotation

Keep my dad in your prayers they did not find an upper gi bleed so colonoscopy tomorrow, this poor guy.

I thought I had responded to you ladies. I have just been so busy all day. I got home about 45 minutes ago and am just having dinner. I got the others McDonalds on the run. They had 15 minutes to eat and us run back out the door. I just chose to wait. I had a bowl of the Paleo Slow Cooker Taco soup (No Tacos ;) ) with some avocado on it. need to mix up some salad dressing before I go to bed to have tomorrow.

Jolie, I will check out that Skinny Taste. It seems familiar to me. I have a huge food website/facebook favorites folder. I find a lot of great recipes on Penterist too. Yummly sends me recipes according to the type of recipes like Paleo and low carb that I prefer. I am always coming up with ideas to put together something with ingredients that I have on hand. Tomorrow I am making the family spaghetti so I think I am going to use my spiralizer for zucchini noodles and my own sauce. That looks like one tough workout. I didn't know Illaria did anything besides kickboxing type workouts. I have heard of Athletica but I guess I never paid much attention.

Roselyn, I will be praying for your Dad. There must be something causing his problems.

Debbie, I still remember those biceps curls being killer. Like they were never going to end and Cathe's laugh. Les Mills Pump is like that with around 5 minutes solid non-stop work for a bodypart. There is one for triceps on it that nearly kills me even though I am lying on the floor with triceps press to skull crushers. I always feel like my arms are going to give out. They finally give a brief sit up break when there is about 45 seconds left. Not much of a reprieve.

Today was Cardio Coach #3. I've been having real bad issues with my right foot - I have HUGE bunions on both sides and really need to have surgery. I had surgery on my left foot back in 1995 and it was the WORST surgery ever. I had to wear a cast for 6 weeks and then had to wait another 2 weeks before I could workout. They had to straighten out the bones on both sides of my foot which made the recovery time so long. I do not want to go through that again. If they can just take the bunions off, my recover time would not be that long. I will have to see my foot doctor soon and find out what I can do. Right now even my running shoes hurt to wear. It's ridiculous.

Anyways, I'm babbling. Workout was 40 minutes, ran 2.8 miles, burned 265 calories and went 5563 steps.

I don't have time for personals but I hope you have a great workout and a great day today!!!

Today is a rest day for me. I like to take my recovery day during the week because I love to workout on the weekends when I don't have to rush. I thought I would be completely wiped out today from my workout yesterday but I feel good.

Debbie, I use toe spacers that I purchase on Amazon for my bunion issue. They keep your toes straight to avoid getting or making your bunions worse. They are gel material and you cant even tell you have them on your toes. They are a life saver for me. I use one on my big toe and my pinkie toe.

Diane Sue, I need to look into Les Mills Pump. I don't think they sell it anymore, maybe I could get it on Craigslist. I always wanted to try it.

Roselyn, How is your father doing today? Praying...

Have a nice day.

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Low Impact Hiit #2, 30 minutes, 198 calories. So today I wasted 18 minutes with my heartrate monitor watch. I kept losing my heartrate and then it would start back up at 228 :( I would think I had it fixed and look and it would say check transmitter. So, I went and got another strap and transmitter. This did well for awhile and at the last I had no heartrate again. I am seriously frustrated. I know I have changed a lot of the batteries out. None show low. Anyway, I went on to do SHaron Twombly Zero to Sixty pre-mix zero to 26 all combos which included the abs, and no stretch 26 minutes, 131 calories. This was with the second transmitter and it gives low heartrate readings. I finished with yoga from fitness blender , 14 minutes, 26 calories. The UPS truck came after this and I got Ice Chiseled Upper Body and Low Impact Sweat. I did Icy Core #1 just to check it out :) 11 minutes, 39 calories. One of the times that I stopped and restarted the heatrate monitor during Low Impact Hiit it had me at an average of 90 bpm. I was pretty irritated with it. There was no way it was average 90.

Deb, I have a bone spur and my doctor told me that unless it really bothered me I should leave it alone. She said she could get me in to a surgeon but a lot of people that have foot surgery have more problems. So, is the foot you had the surgery on doing well? I am wondering if you discussed it with them if there is any alternatives or maybe new advances to make the recovery faster.

Jolie, I am surprised they don't have Les Mills Pump anymore. I love those workouts. I like how they change instructors and music for each body part segment. It is pretty easy to just use one segment as an add on. I have those and the cardio set that was extra with a step, combat, and floor cardio that all run about 30 minutes. I have some of the gel spacers that I got from Walgreens as a two pack. I usually use them in the winter when I have to wear shoes with closed toes because I get an ingrown toenail on the left toe every time. This year for some reason that didn't happen. Maybe because I spend a lot of time in the house and I don't wear shoes , just slipper socks.

You guys are all making we want to do my cathe workouts again. I was going to start beast on Monday but maybe I will get cathe out. Are you guys just doing your own thing of following any rotation?

Waiting on colonoscopy right now for my dad praying!!

Roselyn, I was just working a bit with Ripped with Hiit till I get 21 Day Fix next week. I am sure I will be adding to that one. Now I have the Ice low impact cardio for another cardio option and the upper body Ice to work with too. No real definite plans. I doubt I will be doing 21 Day Fix Extreme Plyometrics very much. I hope the colonoscopy goes well. Praying for your Dad.

Diane Sue

I have 21 day fix extreme if you want to do a rotation together.

The colonoscopy was clear so the docs said sometime they never find the origin of the bleed, so he has to be on a blood thinner, so I don't know what or which one they will do, if he would bleed again they would have him swallow a capsule that would take pictures of the small intestine. so he gets some real food today and hopefully home by the weekend, he was up walking with physical therapy today.

Roselyn, I hope that he can be good about knowing when he takes the blood thinners. I think my Dad would forget and take it again. Plus things like glucosamine chondroitin supplements can be thinners as well. He didn't survive the surgery after he hit his head because they had to wait so long to try to get his blood not so thin (cant remember the term). They were down to do it or not. I just really worry about them. I hope your Dad does not have any more bleeds. That is good he is through the colonoscopy and they didn't find anything.

Today I did a 6 mile walk outside and it was a butt burner! I burned 761 calories yay! I'm tired today and my legs are still sore from doing Athletica so I decided to just walk. It is beautiful here today so being outside was nice.

Roselyn, my mom went through hell for 3 years and almost died because they couldn't figure what was wrong with her. She couldn't eat and she had tremendous pain in her stomach area. Come to find out she had an ulcer in her stomach and a tear or hole in the stomach as well. She was misdiagnosed so many times, it was horrible. She had surgery and they removed part of her stomach and she is doing so good now! I pray your father finds the right doctor and they figure out what is really the problem. I am praying for your dad and I hope he is home by the end of the weekend.

Diane Sue, I searched all on line for Les Mills Pump and it is gone now. I cant find it on Craigslist or ebay. :( I can sign up for On Demand and get some workouts that way but not the Body Pump classes. I have to go to a gym to take a class, I cant find anything online.

Debbie, have a great time while you are out of town!

Enjoy the day!

Today I did Ice Chiseled upper body 42 minutes, 189 calories and Ice Sweat muscle meltdown back, 21 minutes, 89 calories. I finished off with Ice Sweat Cardio workout #1, 28 minutes, 176 calories. 91 minutes, 454 calories. I liked all of the workouts. I am glad that I purchased them. I am tired today. I woke at 4:30 with a headache. At least the cramping was gone. I had to leave before 7 this morning to get my granddaughter to school to leave and help with special Olympics. It was hard getting the 5 year old up.
Chiseled Upper Body I may be off a bit on reps because they are not listed on the workout card
swinging military press 1 set 12 reps 8# pair dumbbells
triple dead row /triple upright row/ shrug 1 set 10# pair 4 reps then 4 reps with the shrugs added
windmills 1 set right thn 1 left 8 reps started with 8# and dropped to 5#. I used to use much heavier with the kettlebell I felt like a wimp
overhead press/overhead extension 1 set 8# pair 8 reps 6 quick/ 2 slow
forward tilt bent arm lateral raise 2 sets 8# pair 8 reps/6 reps
rotational row 2 sets 15# pair 16 reps (?)
discus throw 2 sets 5# 12 reps on right then 12 reps on left
mat
3 curls 1 press 1 set 8# pair reps ?
triceps push up with leg lift 3 sets 16, 8, 4
rear delt raise with leg extension 2 sets 5# 12 reps each side
chest fly with leg extension 2 sets 10# each hand 16 reps
pullover extensions 3 sets 8# pair 16 right, 16 left, 8 both feet extension
bear crawl plank walks 1 set 8 reps 4 right/4 left
high plank descents
high plank descents wid arm
Muscle Melt down Back Giant set 3 rounds 12 reps
1 arm row 25# right 25#
pullover 25#
1 arm wide row 25# right then left
1 arm pullover 15# right then left
Deadlift 25# pair
3 rounds same weights throughout

I did not keep track of my eats the yesterday
Wednesday's eats
usual morning coffee half and half, bcaa and Amazing Grass superfood acai berry
lunch
whey, walnuts, coconut milk, coconut flakes unsweetened, almond butter, dark chocolate chips
snack
kind dark chocolate cherry cashew bar
left over beef pepper onion stir fry
Dinner
Paleo Slow cooker soups and stews cookbook taco soup
1561 calories 17% carbs; 53% fat; 30% protein

Yesterday I had the usual breakfast, lunch was the Performance Paleo garlic shrimp with cauliflower grits.
I had a couple of chocolate chip cookies that I made for the grandchildren with gluten free oats, 60% dark chocolate chips, and coconut oil. Not terrible other than the sugar, dinner ended up being a zucchini dish and salad with whole 30 dressing and taco seasoned ground beef
I never put it in my fitness pal so I don't have all of the info.

Jolie, I looked too and noticed the Combat workouts were not available either. I wonder if Les Mills Himself has them. It seems odd tha they just quit having them. It looks like Beach Body has got rid of a lot of workouts. I think I would be a bit annoyed with the selection on the On Demand workouts because I don't think t hey have the newest ones available on demand.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.