Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 1/31

Good morning,

Yesterday I did ICE Low Impact Sweat w/Icy Core. This one is good, except I still cannot do the side planks. I wish Amanda would show a modification for those. :(.

Lynda, thanks for the info on the recipe. I am going to go over and find it. My niece makes a great baked artichoke dip for parties, holidays etc. Will check that out as well. I never saw shin beef anywhere. Not sure if butchers have it here. Love the Carhartts & Cocktails name! I won't be watching the Superbowl, but will Google the commercials afterwards.

Diane Sue, your family brunch sounds great! I am also on the hunt for local grass fed beef, free range chicken etc.

Judy, would like to see pics of your gym. I have the puzzle mats as well. They are over the concrete floor, and I had a carpet over that, but took that out recently. Cute pics! Those cats have their inner clocks turned upside down!

Hi to Lori & Josie,

Agility class today, then laundry, and other HouseMax stuff.

Take care,

We did a bunch of yard work yesterday. I did therapy exercises for half an hour. not a hard day. definitely spring here. all kinds of stuff blooming and growing. it almost never gets to "dead winter" here. always a lot of green leafiness. I've been lax on upper body work since the therapy started, need to get back to doing it regularly.

cats would always sleep all day and party all night if we let them, wouldn't they? ETA darling pics. I can't see them right away when I first get here, but if I come back after being on this site for a while, then they show up.

I will do like you Deb, and google the super bowl commercials later. won't be watching it at all this year.

I agree, eggs and chickens are hard to figure out.... too many weasel words that imply things that are not true. I've become very very thorough about washing surfaces for potential contamination from poultry products. sad that almost everything likely has super bugs... mass production and over use of antibiotics. I don't want to raise my own chickens & eggs either .

Here is my gym so far.

Attachments

• IMG_4812.JPG
    IMG_4812.JPG
    309.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4810.JPG
    IMG_4810.JPG
    258.8 KB · Views: 9
  • gym.jpg
    gym.jpg
    969.1 KB · Views: 9
Thank you Lynda! I've had a lot of time to organize and reorganize things and I think I have it set up the way I want it now.

Today's workout was Iso Strength Chisel and 10 minute Chisel Abs, 49 minutes, 247 calories. I then did Ripped With Hiit Low Impact Hiit 1, 28 minutes, 215 calories. I wanted more stretching and my low back on one side has felt pinched so I did Fitness Blender Sciatica stretch and low back stretch, 13 minutes. The sciatica one was better because it had a bit different stretch for one of the 8 stretches that you hold for 30 seconds. The other one just repeated some of the moves and was real short. Total time was 90 minutes and calories burned 483. I am so sore from all of these back to back weight workouts and today was a real challenge. Also yesterday the yoga I selected had you going through push ups and holding at the bottom repeatedly. Today the workout had a push up 10 reps hold 10 ct repeat 3 times. Ouch. Yesterday was push ups and speed push ups. I have a rest day tomorrow:D I will be back in awhile for personals. I have to head to the store because I am missing an ingredient for a recipe I am making.

Deb, some of the side planks make my knee hurt. I am good on one side with most of it but the other I end up resting part of my leg on the floor when it starts hurting. I am not a real fan. The side planks that Autumn does with the workout bench on her elbow is easier to me. It is one where she reaches up and then under with an arm. I really like using the step for this and not being on my hands.

Judy, your cats are cute! They look so relaxed in the pictures :) We had a part Siamese that was all over the house at night. She would get on the refrigerator and knock the dog treats off so she could eat them.
You have a nice set up for your workouts. I wish I could make my puzzle mats stay in one place. I have enough 7/8 inch thick ones I got from Great Mats that I used in my last home but I don't care how much I try to anchor them up against the walls and with weight on them, they slide on the carpet into a peak or separate while I am working out. I got fed up and now they are standing in a corner and the closet.

As for chicken and turkey I always try to find it without solution?? injected in it. You are just paying for the liquid and they claim it makes it moist and tender. My grandparents raised chickens in Nebraska and I do not remember dried out chicken. I usually buy some ground turkey at Sprouts that has no antibiotics or additives but they did not have any this time or the last time. I read that the family sold the company that had stayed in the family for 70 years. Maybe I won't be able to get it anymore. Autumn of 21 day fix and the Fixate cookbook uses a lo of chicken and ground turkey. I made the Mexican taco meat up today because I like it for quick taco salad and other dishes. If I make a paleo tortillas I will sometimes use those. My Performance Paleo cookbook has a really easy tortilla recipe and I freeze some with wax paper between so I can pull out one when I want it. I think they have the recipe on her Stupideasypaleo.com website. I love the hassleback sweet potatoes from her too.

Diane Sue-Thank you! Chino & Shadow are like that at night. They are all over the condo. Shadow gets into cupboards. I've had to cat proof the kitchen so that she can't get into anything that could hurt her.

I always try to get chicken and meats that are all natural without additives too.

Judy

Lynda, your land is beautiful. I really enjoyed the pictures that you have on facebook. I bet it is so peaceful. I loved the fall colors and the snow. It would make spectacular paintings or photographs for hanging :)

Judy, cats can get in a lot of trouble. When I was a child my we went out of town for a couple of days and thought we had left food and water for our Siamese cat. Her name was Simba, before lion king was ever out. Apparently my brother forgot the water and she turned it on in the bathroom. Couldn't blame her. I thought she was smart figuring how to paw the faucet on. There was a Candy wrapper in the sink so you can imagine what we came home too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.