Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

This morning was my first Cathe Live workout! I did PHA training and I LOVED IT. Awesome workout. I love the live aspect of it too. I will definitely be returning to this one--but not right away. I plan to sample a new Live workout every day for the next two weeks. Then (hopefully) it's ICE time. Yesterday I did Element's Weight Loss Yoga--another awesome yoga workout from Ashley Turner.

Nathalie--I'll have to take a look at that picture! I didn't pay any attention to my backside. I did EBE2 through the first two mesocycles--along with Butt Bible. I actually did a blog post for this rotation if you want to check it out. I don't usually do that but I decided, since the blog is a personal database of my workouts, I should start including other things I possibly want to return to--and that includes rotations. So if I like a rotation enough, I will start creating a blog post for it.

Today was PS Back, Biceps and Abs. Since this split is a shorter one, I also added on the 100 rep challenge for biceps from Xtrain and did my own 100 rep challenge for back. I did back rows, 50 underhand grip and 50 overhand.

I missed Monday chest day, so I combined chest and back today. I started with chest and did 15 sets of flat bench doing a pyramid from 65# to 195# most volume in the 135 - 165 area. Next was 3 sets of inclined bench at 115. For back I started with chin ups but I added weight. Set 1 was with a 50kb x2 set 2 40# kb x3 set 3 30#kb x4 set 4 20# kb x5 then with no weight added 4 sets x7x5x4x3. Next was heavy bent over barbell rows x6x6x6 and deadlifts x5x5x5 I will probably pay for this tomorrow...hope so!! Hope everyone has a great day!

Glad you checked in Cafelattee! Great work with the weights! I really liked meso 3, and dreaded meso 1. Liked the heavy,shorter rep stuff!! Sounds like you have a great set up for w/o's .Looking forward to future post!

I love this style of lifting. I've done it with upper body but its been 5 years since I really went heavy for lowerbody. I had joint overuse injury. I'm finally healed up enough to go heavy and get back to running within extreme moderation (once a week a few miles) I now have the ankle /feet stability so back to heavy lifts. :D

I was conservative with my lower body weights last week. I've only been doing Cathe legs and haven't used over 60lb for lower body in years. I've discovered that contrast leg work really gets your legs strong (just fyi for those that don't have a squat rack)

I used the squat rack tonight.

I squatted 130lb all 4 set (which is my body weight) :D
deadlifts I moved up to 90lb. I could of went heavier but my hands just didn't like the weight. My dh has the hold hooks they were awkward so I'm going to get me the versa (?) whatever I saw in the fit mag
Front squats I'm going wide and deep I moved up to 75. ( making it more booty focused -yes the glutes are burning)
Then for my lunges I used the smith machine again went up to 115lb.

I did chest and back over the weekend. I pretty much stayed were I was with my last xtrain burnset with dumbbells. I was able to add a bit more cause I was using a bench press but its wasn't exciting like the squats kwim.

Oh and Nathalie I love Petal Power ;) its like a ride in the park :D

Hey to all thanks for the warm welcome.

My P.I.N.K set arrived today! (A really big box!) I did the first workout with my son and then previewed wo #12. It looks too easy in the beginning but then by the end looks really tough! I'm thinking I'll use the workouts as a warm up as a way to go back to the beginning and make sure I'm good on form, balance, etc and get all the steps along the way progressing to the full snatch in the end!

I also discovered Kelly Coffey-Meyer's Plateau Buster DVD this week (checked out from the library) I loved it! Not necessary that anything was so new or different but I could see the pace of the compound moves is slow enough I could really work HEAVY through these workouts. (Some of Cathe's compound movement workouts are too fast paced to really go heavy in my opinion). So I may have to watch for that to go on sale somewhere!

My PINK set arrived on Monday and I did the same thing as you DMerz (previewing 1 and then 12)! LOL! Since the workouts are short I plan on using them as add on's or doubles. I am going to wait until ICE arrives to decide which program I am going to do next (ICE vs. Hammer and Chisel) and will start adding in some of the PINK workouts at that time.

Today was leg day and since my old arthritic hips make parallel tough, I decided to "force them". I went with box squats to force the issue and it worked! It was interesting because I felt it much more in quads and hips which probably means I wasn't getting parallel! I went 115x8 135x8 155x6x6x6x4 135x8x8 and wow I was pretty pooped!! Next I did barbell reverse lunges with 85# and these always get me 3x6 alternate and finished with double calf raises 175 x 25 x20 x20 and 1 set of single calf raises , no weight x25 Finally for abs I did 1 set of hanging knee raises x8, but due to a sore right elbow from yesterdays chins, I finished with ab wheel roll outs x25 x20 x15. Cafelattee, For just starting heavy, you" hit it hard" Great work!! Envious of the smith machine! Have a great day everyone!!

I am in love...with the Overall Legs premix from Butts and Guts! I have only done the main workout once or twice (another gem I've ignored), but have never done any of the premixes. I didn't want to do abs today so I went with that premix. Holy cow! I think I will be wincing every time I sit down tomorrow!

Today was shoulder day for me and I am determined to get stronger here. I started doing a 12 set military press pyramid using from 65# to 110#. Next was 4 sets of side laterals, dropping to 20s and keeping arms straight. Followed side lats with barbell front raise 4x10 then 5 sets of dumbbell shoulder press x8x6x6x6x3 and finished with 3 sets of heavy shrugs 210x18x15x10. I wanted to target obliques so I did 3 sets of dumbbell side bends and a 3 minute side plank only set, alternating every 30 seconds. I feel good, shot but good!!!Hope everyone has a great day

I've tried to go to the website provided in the P.I.N.K. materials but I get an error. Looks like the program was originally released around 2008. Anybody know if the website is inactive or if it just moved? Thanks!

ARM DAY today and I started with 8 sets of barbell curls, 3 sets of conc curls then 5 sets of skullcrushers and 3 sets of tricep pushdowns finishing with 25 tricep pushups. Tendonitis almost caused a cease in activity, but it actually got better as the wo went along! Have a great weekend everyone!

Hello friends,

Dmerz - I love Kelly Coffey Meyer, she is my second favorite - after Cathe :) Luckily, Kelly's DVDs can be found quite cheap at Amazon (when they get older). I have 20 KCM DVDs and like them all. My most used one are Train Like A Contender for make-me-happy cardio and Your Best Body for weights which has great premix options :)
Jen - I'm sorry for the problems caused by the storm.
I enjoy reading your Cathe Live reviews! Fitness is a great escape of everyday life.
Nathalie - I agree with you Symmetry is the right word to describe the body I aim for. Hope you had a great time on the wedding party :)
Jodi - you are not exaggerating! Gym Styles workouts are DOMS-inducing and effective ;) I love the exercise selection in Lower Body Blast but don't do it often because of the music.
Healing11 - I'm excited to try To The Mat and Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox which I pre-ordered before seeing the previews. From the clips, I think Bootcamp and Low Impact Sweat would be my favorites of the series - fun colors, moves and music!
Sar Bear and Tom - Well done lifting heavy :) I'll be there some day.

My workouts since the last post:
Saturday - LIHI legs (using 12 lbs dumbbells only), the leg segments from Less Mills Pump Doubles - KCM Your Best Body - Legs & Cardio premix.
Sunday - 2 cardio segments from Amy Dixon's Give Me 10 & 10 More and the 100 reps challenges from Xtrain
Monday - Michelle Dozois Anywhere, Anytime Doubles - KCM Your Healthy Back
Tuesday - Turbo Fire 45EZ and Abs10 Doubles - KCM Steboxing w/o #2
Wednesday - Cathe's Muscle Endurance Doubles - KCM NYC
Thursday - Turbo Fire Hiit 15, KCM Bootcamp w/o #1 , Doubles - 2 inner thigh segments from 10 Minutes Solution Belly, Butt and Thighs & Blast Off Body Fat
Yesterday - Kick, Punch & Crunch Doubles - Paul Katami Hard Ball (45 min of it)
Today - Gin Miller Intense Moves Planned doubles - KCM Weights (w/o 2)

Happy exercising everyone, and enjoy the upcoming holiday season!

Today for me was a core/leg day. I started with crunches x50 x25. Then knee in x25 x25. Next I used a 50# kb and did side bends/straight leg dl 10 right 10 front 10 left x 2 sets. as an ab finisher I did a 10 min plank series, 2 min both, 1 min right, 1 min left,90 sec both, 45 sec right, 45 left. 60 sec both, 30 sec right, 30 sec left 1 min both alternate knee to chest. For legs I did 3 sets of goblet squats 50#kb x15 x12 x10. Glute bridges 210 x 20 x15 x15 and deadlifts 210x5 (conventional) and 240 x3 (sumo) x 2 (conv) I finished with calf raises, first single with a 50#kb x20 x20 x20 and double unweighted x50 x40. This was a good week, doms everywhere! It seems strange that getting sore feels GOOD, but it does!!! Svetlana, your mastery of English is phenomenal !! I feel so humbled that I know no other languages. Great workouts last week and I am wishing the best for you!!Have a great weekend everyone!

Hi all!

Friday - rest day
Sat - treadmill
Sun - today begins my week of experimenting with Cross Train Express. Today I did Leaner Legs, minus the ab work and stretch, and Kickbox, minus the warm-up and bicep work. Leaner Legs...so.many.reps! Haha!! I really liked the workout, and my legs are feeling it. I think in the future, I will again leave the ab work off and pair it with either floor or barre work. Kickbox...LOVE IT! Awesome no-nonsense punching and kicking drills, and I loved the plank and ab work as well. I would love to pair this next time with the kickboxing cardio from 4DS. That would make for a great hour of punching and kicking!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Greetings All,

Week 4 Xtrain rotation completed

Day 1 Burn Sets-- Chest, Back and Shoulders
Day 2 Xtrain Ride-- Premix 2 (???)
Day 3 Rockout Knockout (love this workout, so much fun)
Day 4 Lean Legs
Day 5 Burn Sets-- Biceps/Triceps
Day 6 Tabatacize-- Premix 2

Good workout week. Still subbing Rockout Knockout for Hard Strikes. Love Rockout Knockout. So much fun and a serious calorie burner. I burn around 630 calories each workout. Also subbed Lean Legs for the Xtrain Legs. Hadn't done Tabatacize in a while and it felt really good. I was on an emotional high all day and I think it was the tabatas.

Looking forward to my ICE workouts.

Have a great week.

Today was chest day. I spent several hours yesterday cleaning out the weight room only to find water in it this morning from rain...ugh! Oh well, time to lift, water or not. It wasn't a real strong day today, so I did a bunch of sets on the way down my usual pyramid. I did 21 sets of bench and inclined bench, 1 set of dumbbell squeeze press and 3 sets of pushups x25 x10 x10 to finish. Hope it is a great start to everyone's week!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.