Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > SUCCESS STORIES

SUCCESS STORIES Welcome to the Success Story Forum. We are excited to feature your Success Story. If you have experienced a positive change in your life since doing our workouts, or a variety of workouts, we would love to hear about it! It is our hope that these success stories will provide inspiration, motivation, as well as shared enthusiasm for the hard work you do to become a healthier you. Pictures are welcome too.

My first figure competition

This is a discussion on My first figure competition within the SUCCESS STORIES forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Well I participated in my first figure competition on October 10th. It was a great experience and alot of fun. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 04:43 PM
Cathlete

Default My first figure competition

Well I participated in my first figure competition on October 10th. It was a great experience and alot of fun. I placed 6th. I'm ok with that considering it was my first competition and I did it at the age of 42! Got feedback from the judges on where I can improve and start my new bulking training program and diet with my trainer on Monday!

Attached Thumbnails
Old 10-17-2009, 04:20 AM
Cathlete

Congratulations! You look incredible!
Old 10-17-2009, 06:45 AM
Cathlete

YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! Congrats on placing 6th. Thats a huge accomplishment. I would love to compete in figure or bikini some day. What were your workouts/diet like during your prep? did you still get to do cathe's workouts?
Old 10-18-2009, 02:53 AM
Cathlete
ellesan's Profile Fields

Sonya,

Congrats--that is an awesome achievement and you look amazing!!! Must feel great!
Triathlete in 2010!
http://www.maintainmyweight.blogspot.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Keepin...09098779121323
Old 10-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Cathlete
banslug's Profile Fields

Send a message via AIM to banslug

Congrats, Sonya!!!!

Gayle

"Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about the one's who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."
Old 10-19-2009, 07:30 AM
Cathlete
morningstar's Profile Fields

Wonderful muscle definition and length! And you can clearly see all the guts it took to do it!

You can't outrun a bad diet and you can't outeat bad feelings.

DO IT ANYWAY
Old 10-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev View Post
YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! Congrats on placing 6th. Thats a huge accomplishment. I would love to compete in figure or bikini some day. What were your workouts/diet like during your prep? did you still get to do cathe's workouts?

No unfortunately I did not get to do Cathe workouts...I miss her! My trainer had me doing 3 fullbody workouts, HIIT 3x a week, hill sprints 2x week, plyometrics and 10 min SS cafter FB w/outs. The diet is very, very strict! I carb cycled. I still got a cheat meal once a week...even 1 week out of the comp. The diet 3 days before and the day of the comp was quite interesting to say the least!

Thank you to everyone for the kind words. If you have ever considered doing a comp you truly should....it was a lot of fun!!!!
Old 10-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Cathlete
nspire's Profile Fields

I've been interested in carb cycling, how exactly does that work? Can you give a sample of what your diet looked like?
Old 10-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Cathlete
LaughingWater's Profile Fields

Beautiful! Congratulations!
Old 10-21-2009, 03:15 PM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by nspire View Post
I've been interested in carb cycling, how exactly does that work? Can you give a sample of what your diet looked like?
nspire....typically I follow high day (40% carbs), medium day (35% carbs), low day (30% carbs)... back to high. However when I got about 4 weeks out from comp I would do medium, low, medium, low, high, medium, low... I only eat 1 cheat meal a week (not a cheat day )

Protein Sources: eggwhites, chicken, turkey, fish, low fat steak, low fat ground turkey, protein shake
Carbs: oatmeal, brown rice, yams, potatoes, rice cakes, green veggies, fruit (limited)
Fats: olive oil, almonds, fish oil

I do not eat bread or dairy and of course I take my supplements.