My first figure competition

Well I participated in my first figure competition on October 10th. It was a great experience and alot of fun. I placed 6th. I'm ok with that considering it was my first competition and I did it at the age of 42! Got feedback from the judges on where I can improve and start my new bulking training program and diet with my trainer on Monday!

Attached Thumbnails

YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! Congrats on placing 6th. Thats a huge accomplishment. I would love to compete in figure or bikini some day. What were your workouts/diet like during your prep? did you still get to do cathe's workouts?

YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! Congrats on placing 6th. Thats a huge accomplishment. I would love to compete in figure or bikini some day. What were your workouts/diet like during your prep? did you still get to do cathe's workouts?

No unfortunately I did not get to do Cathe workouts...I miss her! My trainer had me doing 3 fullbody workouts, HIIT 3x a week, hill sprints 2x week, plyometrics and 10 min SS cafter FB w/outs. The diet is very, very strict! I carb cycled. I still got a cheat meal once a week...even 1 week out of the comp. The diet 3 days before and the day of the comp was quite interesting to say the least!

Thank you to everyone for the kind words. If you have ever considered doing a comp you truly should....it was a lot of fun!!!!

I've been interested in carb cycling, how exactly does that work? Can you give a sample of what your diet looked like?

I've been interested in carb cycling, how exactly does that work? Can you give a sample of what your diet looked like?

nspire....typically I follow high day (40% carbs), medium day (35% carbs), low day (30% carbs)... back to high. However when I got about 4 weeks out from comp I would do medium, low, medium, low, high, medium, low... I only eat 1 cheat meal a week (not a cheat day :( )

Protein Sources: eggwhites, chicken, turkey, fish, low fat steak, low fat ground turkey, protein shake
Carbs: oatmeal, brown rice, yams, potatoes, rice cakes, green veggies, fruit (limited)
Fats: olive oil, almonds, fish oil

I do not eat bread or dairy and of course I take my supplements. ;)

Sonya -

You look amazing! Congratulations! You have such determination and drive to be so successful. You should really be proud of yourself. Best of luck with your future competitions, and please keep us posted.
I'm on one of FF check-ins, and would read the one that you were on also. I got some great tips from Figure Athlete thanks to you! And now I visit Oliciouslife, too. Again, congratulations!

Sonya -

You look amazing! Congratulations! You have such determination and drive to be so successful. You should really be proud of yourself. Best of luck with your future competitions, and please keep us posted.
I'm on one of FF check-ins, and would read the one that you were on also. I got some great tips from Figure Athlete thanks to you! And now I visit Oliciouslife, too. Again, congratulations!

Wendy...Thank you so much! I am so excited that you visit Olicciouslife! It is such a great website. Olesya has done a good job. I will be sure to keep you posted on future comps.

Fantastic

I too am looking at doing my first figure competition next year (2010). Any advice to a newbie? I've never even been to a competition. I live in Perkinston, Mississippi and it isn't exactly the "in" thing around here...you know, to be fit and live a healthy lifestyle!!!

Hi

Hi there , Congratulation on your WIN , I also compete myself :) How do you feel now after the show , some girls experience Rebound effect . Just checking with you :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.