Week of Jan 25th TTC/ Miscarriage Support

melanalyus

Cathlete
Hey ladies. I thought I might start off this week. :)

Today is day 11 of my cycle. My mucuous is getting super wet & slippery...preparing for my fertile period. My ovulation meter has not shown peak yet. It's good that I'm using the meter...b/c in my opinion I'd be fertile based on my CM today. I will go ahead and jump DH tonight....just to be sure. :D I've read that some women don't get egg white CM (peak fertile CM)...and I don't think I always do either. I know sometimes it gets super stretchy,...but it's not common.

This week I start my new schedule of Tues, Thurs & Sats. Justin will bump his preschool to Mon & Wed AMS....goal being Mon & Wed all day by end of March. Hopefully it goes well.

I've worked out hard this past week. I'm just a lb or so away from my goal weight of 135. :)

Bethany, how's your knee?

Jen, how's DH's back? You know, you can get pg tests at the dollar store. With all my testing throughout the years...I have found that it's more economic that way. They are all about 98% accurate,...so if I had a positive one,...then I"d probably confirm with another. So are you able to be intimate with DH despite his back?

Susan, charting is helpful,...just not my thing. I"m crossing my fingers for you & am estatic about your house selling. Did you end up losing alot?

Ageleg, how r u feeling? You're in my thoughts,...even if you lurk. :)

Laine, how are you feeling? Do you have your first ob appt scheduled? What is your EDD?

Well, i"m off to do Powerstrike 5.

Hey everyone! Well last night I went to see the Dancing With the Stars tour and it was absolutely wonderful! My dad bought me a ticket for Christmas so we had a wonderful night out. I took him to dinner and then we went to the show. I posted some pics on FB. Two of the dancers have a band so they played at a local bar downtown after so we went to watch and got to see Shannon Elizabeth (from American Pie) and Cody Linley (the young dancer this past season from Hannah Montana). I took lots of pics and had so much fun! We agreed that we definitely want to go again next time they come!

DH's back is doing good. He has been soaking in Epsom salt baths sometimes 2x a day and doing some gentle stretching. He was able to touch his toes for a moment which is a HUGE step forward. His ortho prescribed different meds so he has been taking an anti inflammatory and muscle relaxer which I think has helped tremendously. Melanie- Actually DH and I DTD two days after he injured his back. I was so worried about hurting him but he said his back felt really good after. ;)

Once again, Melanie, you are right! I did Amy Bento's Kickboxing Extreme today and I loved it! I like it much better than In the Ring! I didn't care much for her ab work at the end (not enough) so I tacked on ME abs. I was soaking wet when I was done. I love that feeling! :) Congrats on being so close to goal weight! I wish I could get close to my goal abs!

I'm glad you are close to O'ing Melanie! Hope you catch that eggie! I did buy some FRER and digital today at the store but I am keeping them in my work bag. I didn't temp this AM so I don't know what is going on there (stayed up too late and then slept in) but still no real symptoms of AF or BFP. I'm pretty relaxed about it though. I've had a couple alcoholic drinks this past week/weekend because I really don't think I am (still gotta live life!) so..... I won't test (hopefully) :) until this weekend if AF doesn't show this week. For some reason I can never find dollar store tests at ours. I've looked and I've heard others say the same thing.

Hi to Susan, Bethany, Lainie and Ageleg! Hope you guys had a good weekend!

Jen

Hi!
Its been a busy weekend here. Nothing exciting, just stuff around the house.
Melanie-I am SO hoping this is your month!!! I think I am most fertile after ewcm..we'll see. My bb's are starting to tingle..but they do for af too. My preg symtoms and af are identical...so its just a waiting game. Been peeing a lot, but that might just be in my mind. Af not due til Feb 4 I think. We came down 40 grand on our house and got 225for it. Not what it is worth..but at this point I dont care!!!

Ok, I am ready to clean up my diet and lose this last 6 pounds. The perfect weight for me is 115 and since the holidays I havent tightened up on the eats. I eat healthy food for the most part...but I have a major sweet tooth!! I mean major...and I LOVE to bake..not good!!!!! Thank goodness I work out! I feel gross and fat!..dh gets so made when I say that. I am so lucky. He loves me so much. Hes a sweetie.

Jen HI..glad dh's back is better. Ohhh..you just might be preg. Ya never know!!!!

I"m hoping for some Fall babies her on the forum!! Yee Haw!

DH & I got busy this afternoon. It's so much fun. I feel like a teenager. :p:p

Susan, I'm hoping this is the month for you too. How do you feel about twins? ;) How's school going? Did you get a nice break for the holidays?

Bethany,...you around tonight?

Morning!
Melanie-how do you find time for "fun" in the afternoon with all your kids..nap time???
I have never really thought about twins...the more the better, right!! I am taking my last pre-req before starting hygiene school in August. Socioloy is SOOO FREAAKING BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I prefer disecting things. I start class tomorrow.

Ok, today I am determined to eat clean. I mean squeaky clean! Yesterday I did good, then dd wanted muffins, the chocolate kind, so I had 2, then last night I made a blackberry cobbler for dh..had some of that. Its the extra baking that gets me in trouble. My goad to to be 112-115 or below by Spring break. Send me some clean eating vibes girls!

today is errands and chores at home. Hi to everyone!

Susan, LOL on the baked goods. It happens to us all. I've eaten a dozen chocolate chip cookies at one setting!! At some point it's just best to finish them up so the temptation is gone, right?!? My kids love to bake,...I try to find things that THEY like, but I don't really care for...so I won't eat it. I HATE peanut butter---so many things use PB, so that works well.

As far as our initimacy,...most of the time it's about midnight or so. That's a little problematic b/c it leads to insomnia for me---which I'm leaned towards anywho. But I find that I'm a happier person for at least a day afterwards. :) A couple times this month I've had Jory (gulp) watch the kids for 30 minutes while Dad & I go "relax" in the hottub. :p:p

I found Sociology and such boring too. However, they're easy---so these classes helped boost my GPA.

Have a good day!

Melanie- You give me hope that there is still nookie to be had after kids! That is great that you guys take the time to be intimate together! Chocolate chip cookies....why'd you have to bring that up? I've been doing so good and now I want to make some. Still no symptoms of AF or BFP. Who knows? Usually my bbs or nipples are sore by now but I wonder if my hormones/cycle is just thrown off because of the m/c??? I don't know. Still trying not to get my hopes up. But its hard because I had such a vivid dream of DH cheating on me last night and us getting divorced. I had two of those types of dreams when I was preggo the last time and they were so real that I woke up mad at him. :p That's how it was today. So it is in the back of my mind but I am still assuming I am not.

Susan- I'm sending you lots of squeaky clean eating vibes!!!! Good luck! I miss going to school. I have been thinking that if we don't get preggo again before the fall then I might go back and get my Master's. I always believe that there is a master plan for everyone so if I don't get preggo again soon then maybe my plan is to go back. Who knows?

Anyway-back to work for today. I'm hoping we are not too busy but I don't see that happening lately. Our cases keep getting worse and worse because of the economy and the combined stressors on families. Have a great day ladies!

Jen

Hi everyone,
I'm home with Taylor today, I just called the doc and will take her in at 10:45. She's had a fever since Friday night and this crazy amount of eye goop...doesn't really look like pink eye but who knows. I feel so guilty about calling off work, but as DH says, "family first!"

My DH gets mad when I say that I'm fat and gross too...which, these past few days, is quite often!!:p I have a huge sweet tooth as well. Thankfully DH does NOT, so knowing that if I did bake, I'd be the only one eating it is often enough to deter me. And the store-bought stuff isn't worth the calories to me.;)

Susan, DH is a dentist and when we were first dating he said I should go to hygiene school. Not sure I could be in people's mouths like that though...

Melanie, I too am impressed at your resoursefulness for getting some 'alone' time with your husband. It's good to hear that you're getting that time with him! Are you ovulating yet?

Jen, it's so weird you mention the dreams. I had very very vivid and crazy dreams when I was first pregnant too. So if you test next weekend and Susan tests around the 4th...we could be having some fall babies after all!:D

Oh, and I finally figured out a way to tape my knee so it doesn't hurt as much when I'm walking on it. I'm planning on testing it out by walking Taylor around the neighborhood today for a bit. I was telling DH yesterday how much I missed Cathe - I even turned on FitTv for a bit to watch her. He thinks I'm nuts:p:eek:

My ovulation kit has not shown peak yet---so I guess I"m not "ovulating" it's so hard to know when there's "deposit fluid" in there----can't check CM accurately. TMI? ;)

Jen,---GO TAKE THAT TEST, NOW!!!!!!! The suspense is killing me. Wouldn't you just like to know one way or another?!?!?!? Urgh. Sorry, my emotions sometimes get the best of me.

Bethany,---you're beautiful and not fat. :D :D I'm sure your husband is attracted to your bright, white & shiny smile. Did you have braces? I always have thought teeth look so pretty when they're super straight. Mine are okay---not a cavity/filling---ever!

Susan,---my dreams are vivid all the time. I'm just so darn horny these days---I almost had an orgasm in my dream a couple weeks ago. I know I was moaning and moving around & such. I don't remember who the hunk was (maybe he didn't show me his face). ;) I just hope I wasn't yelling out some other guys name!!!!!!!

Best get going...

Hi!
I just fininsed legs and glutes and Im having my oatmeal with pb..sorry Melanie I LOVE pb!! Over the holidays we told DD we needed to go "wrap presents" :D. I prefer afternoons...but don't always get the chance. DD is usually asleep by 9 so we have time at night most nights.
Melanie-you crack me up!
Jen-thanks for the vibes!! I love going to school this time around. Having been so long since I went before Im having to take stuff over...but Ive got a 4.0 this time :p Im with Melanie..go test!!
Bethany-I was a dental assisant for years and from the time I started I wanted to be a dh..I just love it! Can't wait to start school.
Im off to dry hair etc and run errands.

Susan, you have a 4.0?!?!? Wow, I guess you don't need those easy classes--like I did then. :p I had a 3.5 throughout most of college---my last entire year (all clinicals) I got a 4.0---other than that I worked my butt off for 3.5!

I'm glad I can make you smile. I know, I'm such a dork!!!!

Jen, well? COME ON! COME ON! COME ON! COME ON! TELL US!!!!!

Mealnie-thank goodness I don't have to take Eng comp, history, algebra over..I WOULD RATHER POKE MYSELF IN THE EYE!! Sociology is the only non-science course I am having to take...whew!

Girls! Back off! :) Just kidding. You guys are cracking me up about testing! I seriously don't think that I am so I will not waste a test. Unless you send me a dollar store test before the end of the week or AF shows, I am not using the expensive ones! :)
I figure I will know soon enough one way or other. But I do have a killer headache today so there is a symptom for you! Whether it is AF or not we will see. Now I just want to wait to drive you ladies nuts! LOL!

Bethany- I'm sorry about Taylor. I hope she feels better. It must be hard to see your child sick.

I did so much better in school when I went back when I was older than when I tried to go right after high school.

I always have a hard time with the "deposit fluid" thing too. That was not TMI; you worded if very nicely. I just start BDing from the moment of EWCM until my temp jumps for at least three days. Then we rest... :) I was very very horny around my O time this month. Even DH was surprised. I like morning/afternoon time best. Maybe we are all influencing each other.

Jen, I understand about not testing. I wish I was as patient as you. I always test early!

Today has been clean..or as clean as it gets for me
7am protein pancake and 1 cup strawberries
10 am oatmeal with 1T peanut butter
noon 2 cups of homeade veggie soup, and a 80 cal fudge bar
3pm bowl of plain oatmeal ( I love oatmeal)
dinner is planned to be homeade green pea soup, 1oz of cheese and triscuits.
snack will be a Melanie muffin

I usually eat a bit more for dinner..but I have a roast int he crock pot for dh..I don't like read meat.....tomorrow Im making a new chicken recipe.

Anyway, hope everyone is having a good day. Off to call out spelling words to dd

"Melanie Muffin"---I hope that's not named after my middle hanging over my waist!!! I"m sooooooo glad you're enjoying those! Do you put chocolate chip pieces in them? Protein Pancakes sound good---can you post recipe?

Sooooooooo.........who had sex in the last 24hrs!?!?! Raise your hands ladies!! Maybe we should call this the "Horney Ladies Check-in". :D :D

I go back to work tomorrow. I really enjoyed my 4 days off. I'll start my new schedule of one day on/one day off. :)

Bethany---Is Taylor feeling better? Did they think it was viral? bacterial?

Susan----to funny about poking yourself in the eye-----you certainly made your point!!!

Hand Raised!

Melanie-this batch of muffins is just plain, with walnuts. I have put choc chips but really love butterscotch chips in them! YUM! DD and DH also love them.
Protein Pancakes-
1cup oatmeal
1cup cottage cheese
6 egg whites
1/2 t vanilla
Put in blender and puree, then make like a pancake. Some put sugar or splenda in but I dont think it needs it at all...but I dont put anything in my oatmeal either. I LOVE these! I use a 1/2 cup for each pancake and I triple the batch and it makes 12 at roughly 150cal each.
Melanie, sorry you have to work today. I have class..yuck.
Hi Jen and Bethany!

No not me....no hand raised. DH had to work last night. I did B&G and took a nice long bath with a glass of wine and my Clean Eating Magazine. It was actually a wonderful night for myself. I love those kind of nights....

Temp is still up...don't have any idea what my body is doing. My LP have always been 10 or 11 days but maybe that changes after m/c??? I have no idea. I still have two more days until I am technically considered late (14 DPO). This is driving me crazy because I chart so I know what my body is doing and I still have no idea. :) Goes to show you its out of my hands.

Jen-your restraint for not testing amazes me! Im trying to remember my body after the m/c. My first m/c was over in 2 days and I pretty much started 28 days later...my last m/c lasted 6 weeks, so I was messed up for a while. I do think I started pretty much around 30 days after I stopped bleeding from the m/c.
I still am having back cramps daily and just a fullness feeling in by bb's. Don't think Im preg. My bb's ususaly get wicked sore! Af is not due for a week, so I have some waiting to do.
Today I will do upper body and LIS then off to class.
BBL

We're all sick here.:( Taylor does have pink eye, and it's nearly impossible to put drops in a 10 month old's eyes! Any suggestions? DH woke up this AM with pink eye too, so he started using Taylor's drops. Her fever went down yesterday and thankfully she slept a lot because I could barely lift my head much less take care of her...my temp was between 102.9 - 101.1 all day WITH Motrin. Today it's better but I still haven't been able to eat and my whole body aches. I have no clue what hit me!

Needless to say, no hand raised here.:p Jen and Susan - my fingers are crossed for you!!! Melanie, did you get your "peak" yet???

Bethany, sorry you guys are sick!! HOpe you feel better soon!
Ok, I don't enjoy sociology...iick. I need a subject for a 7 page research paper..any suggestions. I was thinking of motherhood over 40
Ok and here was my question for today. How does suicide promote stability in society??Uh??? See I just don't think like that..too darn deep for me!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.