Week of 2/16 Pregnancy Check in

Clarissa

Cathlete
Okay, sooooo, where is everyone? Hellooooooo?!

I am okay today. Serious nesting today, but I was tellling Laura earlier that over obsessive cleaning is something I always do. LOL! It makes me feel safe to have straight vacuum lines on my carpet. Anyone else like that? I have become WORSE not better since having children too. I wish I could invent a hover craft for all family members. Either that or get all berber carpet or all hardwood! :)

Anywho, just checking to see what you all are up to today. I am excited that one or a few of you might be at the hospital!!!!!!!!!

Talk to you all soon!

Clarissa

Clarissa -there is a thread started already. they combined the TTC and preggo checkin. I like to be clean but I really feel like its a loosing battle if I want perfection. I just try to get it basically clean around here. Although lately I"m on a mission to organize a bunch of things that were in need of it.

hi everyone

I'm still here. I have been cleaning all day today. Mopping floors and dusting everything. The next thing on my list is to clean all the glass mirrors in front room and dinning room.

I am trying to think what I can do to keep the wood floors clean. Everytime I clean them and the dogs go out, they mess the floors up when they come back into the house.

It seems that a few of us are going in the hosp on the 4th!!

have a good night ladies,

hi susan, dont be sorry :) I like chatting with everyone. I came back here this mornign tho because im getting mixed messages over there at the other one and i do not want to offend anyone. i came back to the main threads in the pregnancy forum and saw this check in so i'm back here.

cleaning bug huh? I wish i loved to clean! My house could use it . I did dust and sweep on saturday though. The floors need a mopping, we have all tile in our home except for carpet in the bedroom. i just haaaaaaaaaaaate cleaning. i havent felt the 'nesting' bug i dont think.

anyway, my due date is TOMORROW!! But still no signs of labor starting so who knows!!

hope you all have a great day!

Thank you Skyy!
I have a feeling i will be on the forums another week or two though :( But ya never know, right? They wont let me go past 42 weeks so March 4th will be the latest. But the day you dont hear from me will most likely be the day i'm at the hospital haha

Jen - Your soooo close! I guess it probably doesn't help that were all excited and keep asking you everyday ha. I got that alot and the end of mine with Noah.

Susan -it's ok. I really am fine either way but I had a feeling some on the TTC checkin would rather keep it that way. no biggie.

Skyy- I'm cleaning too but its like a never ending tornado I clean up after (my two boys) lol. We homeschool so they are busy making messes all day long. So I keep the house pretty clean but not PERFECT like some can manage. There is always something else to get to. My mom is like that now that she has no kids in the house.

I've actually been into some projects. I've been reorganizing our homeschool room and tons of books. I am going to make cushion covers for the big couch cushions cause they are falling off the couch and getting ripped. We can't afford new ones right now. I just got some slipcovers on overstock. Not sure if I'll put the cushions under or over the slipcover but the cushions had to be reupholstered anyway. oy! I may make a slipcover for the huge automan(sp?) It matches the couches but they don't sell slipcovers for those.
I just made some iron on transfer onsies for the baby. They turned out too cute! I found one paper left from my boys tshirts they had made so I made 4 onsies out of it. It was fun. :) I have to get to schoolwork now and eat my breakfast. my boys are done.
I have to try to get a dr or midwife to put my glucose test in the system today so I can get it done before my appt tomorrow! That was so frustrating to go all the way over there and it not be in the system. ugh.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone! Doesn't it seem like we have been pregnant forever? I know I feel that way. I was 15 days late with my first. With #2 I was about on time give or take. This one, I could just go NOW but I am only 36 weeks. The thought of going almost another month kills me. I feel like the baby is going to fall out when I walk. It is craziness.

I just got back from the store and as always I forgot the most important thing I went there for - string cheese! I love me a piece of string cheese when I am craving a snack...I bought 200 dollars worth of groceries and walked right past the cheese... I am NOT going back out though! :(

Okay, gotta go pick up DD from pre-school. You girls are ALMOST THERE! Clarissa

Hello everybody! Just a quick check-in before running a few errands in town.

Wow, Jen! It seems like your due date got here so fast! She can be here any time now...yippee!

Gosh, I wish I had the cleaning bug too. I really, really need to vacuum today. DS is not a fan of it (thinks it's too loud), but we're going to have to strike a deal today so I can get it done.

We took some pics the other night. I think I'll attach one. I wanted to wear some comfy pj's and found an old pair that my in-laws got me. DH had to point out to me that my belly was sticking out. I thought it was funny and used it as an opportunity to get some belly pics.

Off to run those errands. Hope everyone's having a great day!

Attachments

• 2009-02-14 002.jpg
    2009-02-14 002.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 24
Jess... and everyone who home school and SAHM; you are so lucky to be able to be with your kids all day! did you get your glucose test put into the system?

Tana... your pic is cute. Normally... cleaning calms me down; but not now because my dogs keep messing the floors up!!! so it seems that I have to clean them every time the dogs come in--- not fun.

I am a little blue today because my baby boy (my 16 year old) is going to live with his dad. He is leaving on the weekend. I know that this is the right move for him at this time, but it is hard for me to let him go. I feel that I am about to lose a child right when I am about to have another one.

There are so many things that I wish I had done differently with him. I've spoiled him so much over the years that it is hard for him to do for himself.

I wonder if that will make me harder on Anna when she arrives. Enough feeling blue…. I am going to pick another color to feel….. green!!! That is my favorite color.

Skyy - I love being with my kids all day. I can't get enough of them. ha. I'm very thankful I can too. I did work full time when Seth was a baby and I was so happy when I started staying home w/him. I know some feel they need to get out everyday and enjoy working. But this suits me.

I did get my glucose test done today. yay. hoping its in the system for my appt tomorrow. Not sure but I think from here on my appts are every 2 weeks? (I'm 30 weeks). So it wouldn't be too long till I have to go back anyway.

I'm sorry about your son leaving. :( I hope he adjusts and does well and you feel ok about it. HUGS!!

Tana - you look great :) How many weeks are you again?

Well, I have a busy day tomorrow. I have my appt then another extra long art class for DS. Then again on Thursday.

good morning all
well...its my DUE DATE and im STILL HERE! that was to be expected though :)
i still dont feel a thing. this baby just wants to stay in there as long as possible i think.

you SAHM's are so lucky. i wish ic ould be a stay at home mom. there is no way that is finaically possible for us, given our situation. i envy all the moms who dont have to go to work and can stay home and raise their babies and children.

how is everyone feeling today?

we ate pizza last ntie so i felt like an oinker but its all good. DH is working tonite and tomorrow nite so i'll be workign out the rest of the week unless the baby decides to come. hopefully i can do some cardio without any issue.

hope you all have a great day!

Skyy, I am sorry you are so sad. I couldn't stand not seeing my children every single day. I cant even imagine.
Tana - you look cute! How far along?
Jen - Have you tried any natural induction methods yet? I am 3 or so weeks behind you and I am already ready to get this baby boy out of me! haha! I eat balsamic everyday b/c I heard that might work. (ya right) I thought I would try to seduce my DH but I am just not in the mood these days. I feel gross, in pain, and am tired. Anyway, I guess babies don't come out until they are ready! I guess all I can say is enjoy the peace and quiet for a few more days while you can!

Laura - where are you? You doing okay?

Does anyone else experience pain in the evening only, or primarily? As soon as 7 or 8 pm hits, I feel like a completely different person. I have sharp pains in the uterus, hip joints, and extreme BH contractions. Also excessive movement on the baby's part. Just wondering.

Have a good day, Clarissa

clarissa i dont feel any pains at all anymore. i've never even had BH contractions :( but im sure its completely normal and you are coming up on delivery time soon! I wouldnt be too worried abotu it, but you could always ask your doctors about it.

i havent really tried any natural inductions - i work out more or less, that doesnt help. so i figure if kickbox and cardio arent doing the trick then walking wont be much help. DH and i have had some 'quality time' otgether recently, but that hasnt dont the trick either. Someone told me eat pineapple. But you know...i really think that babies will come on their own time when they are ready (unless of course the doctor makes you get induced!)

skyy im sorry to hear about the situation with your son. i imagine that is hard to deal with. if you think its for the best tho, at least there is an upside to it? That doesnt make it any easier i know. i hope things get easier for you. Green is my favorite color too :)

Hi all,

I've been MIA for awhile. Busy with clients and work. Not feeling good in my skin at all, and people still say that I'm tiny. It's just wierd being in my skin for 36 years and now it's just itching, itching...

I'm not having any pain except for the sciatica, but it's getting a little better. Thanks for thinking of me. I promise to post more later. I got a bunch of baby stuff from a friend this weekend and the only thing I don't have is a crib. I'll post the rest of the pics in another post.

Attachments

• P5220029.jpg
    P5220029.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 14
  • P5220030.jpg
    P5220030.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 8
  • P5220031.jpg
    P5220031.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 8
  • P5220032.jpg
    P5220032.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 8
  • P5220033.jpg
    P5220033.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 8
So I don't have the steadiest hand. :p

Attachments

• P5220034.jpg
    P5220034.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 6
  • P5220035.jpg
    P5220035.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 6
  • P5220036.jpg
    P5220036.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 5
  • P5220037.jpg
    P5220037.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 8
  • P5220038.jpg
    P5220038.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 8
welcome back laura, we missed you!
i think feeling uncomfy in your own skin is a normal feeling, especially when you are not used to growing so quickly and definately arent used to having a belly! I totally feel your pain! Im due today and no signs of baby arriving, so i guess i'll continue to grow until she makes an appearance. Just rest assured knowing you will bounce back after baby pretty quickly :) Its normal to grow and normal to be uncomfy. It does go by quickly so try to cherish the good parts of your pregnacy. Everyone tells me im going to miss my belly when its gone!

looks like you made out pretty good on the baby gear!

Laura looks like you have everyone you could possibly need. I remember the pretty baby things they had when I was in Germany.

Clarissa I get pain only at night also. I’ve noticed that I feel it more when I am really tired. The last few nights I have been sleeping well… so no more contractions.

Jen, I’m still a little sad about my baby leaving, but as it gets closer I know that I am doing the right thing.
Teenagers are really funny though, my son said to me “mom even though I’m leaving; can you still give me some money? I want to buy a few things when I get to dad’s.” Can’t blame him, I was just like that at his age too. :eek:

Jess.. I have always wanted to stay home with my kids but never got the chance. Maybe, someday.

Today was pretty stress-free.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.