TTC/ Miscarriage Support--- SuperBowl Week

melanalyus

Cathlete
Hi ladies. Thought I'd get us started this week. Anyone have Superbowl plans?

Nothing new on TTC end here. I believe I'm day 18 or so on cycle. I still have watery type discharge. No sticky stuff yet. I have some abdominal pains, most likely do to my ovaries working overtime with Clomid. Clomid has an cumulative type response on your ovaries....which means it may help next cycle more than this cycle. My weight is back to normal, I believe I was retaining fluid. I'm pretty fortunate as I"m able to kick things into gear and lose 5-8lbs fairly easily.

Susan, has AF arrived? As you know, every pg portrays itself differently. I'm here for you, girlie,...on or off forums. ;)

Jen, how you doing emotionally today?

Bethany, I can't wait to hear of your news after ob/gyn appt!

Precilla, have you decided on an ovulation kit? Where are you in your cycle?

Lurkers....... waves to you all! I'm praying that we may offer you support & encouragement,....even without conversation. ;) Whereever you are, please know that you are not alone....

Chat later!

Melanie, my mom was 36 and my grandma was 40 I believe. Mom was also disgnosed with osteopenia in her late 20s, which may or may not be related to anything. I sometimes worry about my bone density from all the years of not getting my period with the eating disorders and such. That's great you're able to lose lbs so easily! I lost some weight from being sick, though I'm sure it'll come back once I get back into eating the way I was before.

Susan, I bet you'll be glad when the closing business is over. Thanks for the update!

Jen, (((HUGS))):)

Hey ladies! I am much better today. I went shopping and bought some things for the house which always makes me feel better. I bought an olive oil mister and I swear its the coolest thing since sliced bread! I am using it tonight to spray on my chicken that will be baked with panko bread crumbs. My take on this whole situation is that I have no control over anything except my fitness so I am really going full force with eating clean and exercising. Not that I don't already but now I am kicking it up a notch! My job is hosting a 5K as a fundraiser here in May so I am going to train for that. I can run a 5K but I really want to have a good time (under 35 min) so that is my goal. And if I fall pregnant along the way then so be it. :) I will still be temping and all that good stuff but I need to keep my mind busy. Thanks for checking on me. Ya'll are so sweet! :)

ok girls. I just got a BFP. I am in total shock! AF is not due until Thursday so I thought what the heck. And yep. I have not even told dh. He is gonna freak in more ways than one. This changes all our plans etc. And I am still very skeptical of things working out. Ok..so I don't know what to do now!

WOW WOW WOW - how awesome Susan!!! Things really do have a way of working themselves out. Did you tell your DH yet? What did he say? OMG how exciting!!!:):eek::D

hey..thanks kate!!!! I know you have been rooting for me
Hi Bethany..thankss!!
Yes I told dh..he is in shock. we havent really had a chance to talk becasue of dd. We will not tell her anything for a couple months. She was heartbroken after my m/c so I'll save her from the heartach just in case.
I still have a ways to go before Im out of the woods..but still very excited!

Hey

Good night ladies!

I just finish my period yesterday and I'm on Day #6. I ran to Target and bought First Response Ovulation kit (20 test) which should last for a month. I probably start testing in a couple of days. I really wanted to get the Clear Blue digital but it was about the same price for only 7 test. I hope my eyes don't play games on me (seeing 2 lines instead of 1) LOL

Susan, What is a BFP?
Bethany, I also order the book Taking charge of your fertility and it has shipped already!!
I normally can check the forum at night time only, but I want to tell you all that I feel like I'm not alone on this. I will keep ya posted
Hugs

Congrats Susan! Yeah! Three shouts for the good girls!!! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

BFP= Big Fat Positive (she's pregnant)!!!

Yippie!

thanks guys so much. it hasnt sunk it at all. 6-8 weeks was when I m/c so I will be uptight until that time. Im totally happy but scared stiff. I wish I could just be happy and not worry...but that is just NOT me...I fret over everything.

Melanie-what does progesterone do during pregnacy. My dr told me as soon as I got a bfp to call and he would call me in prog suppositories for the first 12 weeks.

Progesterone helps to maintain an embryo/fetus during pregnancy. Without adequate progrestrone, miscarriage occurs early within pregnancy. In high risk pregnancies, drs will prescribe progesterone for first 12 weeks to help "maintain" pregnancy...throughout the high risk period of your pregnancy. By your second trimester, your baby's placenta will take over making adequate amount of progesterone (the predominate pregnancy hormone).

Let your dr know right away (tomorrow) and they will call in the prescription to the pharmacy. These suppositories are compounded (not commercially available)---so may need to be ordered by a specialty pharmacy---or a pharmacy that specializes in compounding. Not every pharmacy has the ingredients and equipment to make them.

Congrats, Susan. I hope there will be more of us to join you in the upcoming months. :D

Thanks Melanie-I plan on calling doc first thing!
It will happen for you Melanie...dont give up. It took 8 months this time.

Hoorah Susan! I can't believe I missed this last night! I am so incredibly happy for you! I love BFP's! (Even when they aren't my own!) Woo hoo! Please keep us posted on how you are doing. Good luck at the dr when you call!

Hi everyone else! Temp dropped way down (but not below coverline yet) today so I am hoping AF will start in the next few days.

BBL!

hey jen..thanks! Im hoping af comes soon so you can a fresh start ttc.

I go in at 1 to confirm pregnancy and get an rx for progesterone. Im so nervous!

I know you're nervous, Susan. I'd be a nervous wreck!! I"m praying that God will surround you with an incredible peace---beyond all understanding. YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE THIS BABY!!!!!! It's simply your time, hon....

Let us know how your appointment goes. We want all the details!!!!

You are so sweet!
Well its official I am pregnant. Not far along at all of course since af wasnt due until Wednesday or Thursday of THIS week. Dr was glad I called so I could get on progesterone. He said its better to get on it before period would of come. So I use a suppository 2 times a day. I go back to the dr in 3 weeks to see if there is a heartbeat.
I am cleared to do any exciersie..so that makes me happy. I plan on hitting it hard while I can.
You guys better hurry, I want some company!

Susan, I'm beaming with excitement for you. You'll find alot of good support at pg check-ins. Of course, you're welcome to continue to check in here too, if you'd like.

It just dawned on me that my next "ovulation" week I'll be at Disney....with ZERO opportunity for intimacy (with 3 boys in the tiny room with us). I will take an unofficial month "off".

I just got back from my appt and I'm not happy.:mad: I was afraid this would happen. The midwife basically told me to gain weight and stop exercising for an entire month!!!! What?!?! Especially since I weigh more now than I ever did...I weigh what I did when I was 20 weeks preg! I'm appalled at my weight with how high it is and then she tells me I'm too thin and that I have to have a body fat of ~22% to menstuate! She asked me if I eat. HA! 2500 cals a day on a low day. On the up side, she was really nice and seemed to be listening to me. I have another appt scheduled in a month and if there's no period by then (which there won't be) she talked about starting me "on a pill for 10 days to kickstart my periods"...not sure if that's Clomid or not. She order blood work which will test 3 things only: Hcg, prolactin, and thyroid levels. She also seemed to think that it may be due to me stopping nursing "not too long ago" in Sept...which I feel like was ages ago. Ugh. I don't think I can stop exercising. I got pregnant with Taylor weighing 10 lbs less than I do now and exercising 2 hrs/day (I wasn't working due to having just graduated from PT school). I guess I'll just get the blood work and then wait for my next appt...what else CAN I do?

Thanks for listening...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.