Is Clearblue pg test really 99% accurate because if so.....

Fitnik

Cathlete
....I'm 99% likely to be pregnant - I simply can't believe it!!!

No sign of AF this month whatsoever - nearly a week late now and I can time myself to do second as far as my cycle's concerned. Plus I've done 2 PG tests, both with 2 very bright blue lines. I still don't believe it and am going to the doctor tomorrow to be sure - but all the signs are that I am!! I've already gone up a cup size, am going to the loo 10 times a day and am constantly tired no matter how much sleep I get.

I am sooooo excited about becoming a mummy and DH is over the moon - I'll let you know how it goes with the doctor.

According to online PG calenders, I'm about 4 weeks along??!!

I'll keep you all posted but had to let you all know since you were all so supportive when I posted a few months ago about the frustrations of TTC.

:)

Your friend in fitness, Fitnik

Congratulations!!

The pregnancy tests look for HCG in your system. HCG can only be in your system if you are pregnant of if you took it as part of fertility treatments. If you had two positive tests, I would say that you can be absolutely sure that you are pregnant.
If you are a week late, you would be considered 5 weeks pregnant if you have a 28 day cycle - usually you count the weeks from your last menstrual period.
Good luck at the doctor tomorrow!! Keep us posted!
Erica

Oh my!

It's after midnight and I'm wide awake and so excited. I haven't been on any fertility drugs at all and have since done 2 more tests, also strongly positive!!

I'm pregnant !

big boobs... peeing all of the time... exhausted...and you can't question HCG!!

You, m'dear, are pregnant... congratulations and welcome aboard :)
susan

RE: Congratulations!!

I think that is soo weird how they say you count from the first day of your last period.It hardly seems to make sense,because you can't be pregnant while getting a normal period,right?But I guess they all say you are 2 weeks farther along,so if you were 6 weeks along your baby would be 4 weeks.Is that correct?:-hmmm

First ante natal not till Friday 12th April - oh my!

Yup, there's no doubt I'm pregnant but the first ante natal isn't till 12th April !?!

Oh well, luckily I come from a family of doctors and my sister is a paediatrician so I'll be seeing her this weekend anyway.

I am so excited I can't sit still - the thought of a new life inside me right now is mind-blowing!

Yes, I’m confused about that too

Surely if conception occurs around ovulation time, that’s when you’re pregnant, not the first day of your last period?! So much to learn…….

Right back to work now - *sigh*

>I think that is soo weird
>how they say you count
>from the first day of
>your last period.It hardly seems
>to make sense,because you
>can't be pregnant while getting
>a normal period,right?But I guess
>they all say you are
>2 weeks farther along,so if
>you were 6 weeks along
>your baby would be 4
>weeks.Is that correct?:-hmmm

Best wishes from me too

I haven't had a chance yet to wish you the best, but I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy!

How exciting!

Congratulations!

A new life growing inside you is such an awesome miracle. I hope to be posting my own news in a few months(will be trying for baby#3).

Keep us posted!
Rockette

RE: Wonderful news

I know - 6 months has seemed like an eternity but I suppose isn’t really when you consider what the average is - we women are very impatient!

:)

>Congratulations! And especially exciting after waiting
>so long for that baby!
>
>
>Sandi

I have been out of town for a while and just wanted to jump on and say congratulations! I remember your posts when you first started trying. I am so excited for you and your husband and wish you all the best for a healthy and happy pregnancy! :)

Alison

Congratulations, Fitnik!! I know you have been really eager for this. I just wanted to jump in about the dates thing. This is how my ob/gyn explained it to me. The reason they date your pregnancy from the first day of your last period is simply that it makes it easier to count, because most women who were trying to conceive will remember what that date was. Ovulation would have occurred around 2-3 weeks later, depending on the length of your cycle. You're right, you weren't pregnant yet, and in fact your body was still cleaning up from the last cycle, to prepare for the new one where you did get pregnant! Gestation is actually 38 weeks. Technically, when you are 6 weeks pregnant, your baby is actually somewhere between 3 and 4 weeks along.

For the first little while, I always found it easier to thing to myself "X weeks since last period started" rather than "X weeks pregnant". Now, at 19 weeks, I find I have heard the terminology so often that it doesn't bother me anymore, even though I know I have not been pregnant for 19 weeks!

Hope that made a little bit of sense.

My waist - blimey!!

It is truly alarming how quickly fat is accumulating around my waist - yikes ! My stomach was practically concave before I got pregnant and I never had to do any ab work and never gained weight there. Well, my obliques are quickly being covered in a layer of fat - oh joy (!!)

RE: My waist - blimey!!

That happened to me too -- before I was even "showing", my waist went from 27" to 32". I lost my nice abs and waistline! I found I put on a lot of fat during my first trimester, but now the weight I'm putting on seems to be other stuff (boobs, baby, placenta, extra blood, etc.). My hip measturement hasn't increased for the past 6 weeks, so I don't seem to be putting down any fat there for the moment (although that was the second place I started putting it on in the first trimester, right after my abs and waist). I read recently that you lay down fat in the first trimester, and that gradually slows down in the second trimester, then in the third trimester the baby starts using your fat stores to build up its own fat stores.

It is a miracle, really, that your body knows what to do. You just need to trust it and remind yourself that the whole process is interesting! How are you feeling?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.