Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about almost anything you like in this forum, but understand we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness videos, not to be used by other companies or people to promote their website, earn a commission or sell their products.

Weider Ruthless set

This is a discussion on Weider Ruthless set within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Hello Cathletes! I thought I would share this find as I just got this set and it's getting good buzz ...

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Cathlete
cokonkel's Profile Fields

Default Weider Ruthless set

Hello Cathletes!

I thought I would share this find as I just got this set and it's getting good buzz on VF. It's the Weider Ruthless set from Wal-Mart: Weider Ruthless DVD Kit: Exercise & Fitness : Walmart.com There are twenty, 20 minute workouts in the set for $29.97. I did the Rip 10's workout and it was intense! No rest, just GO until the 20 minutes is up. Some people on VF talked about how the guy yelled like a drill sergeant during the workouts but I didn't find him annoying at all. I found him motivational. It could be the sexy South African accent and well...he's not hard to look at either. I figured it would be right up the alley for most Cathletes who love intensity. I'm looking forward to doing another one today after my leg workout with Cathe (I'm thinking Pyramid Lower Body followed by "Lunatic Intervals" from Ruthless).

Enjoy!

If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you

To get the body you want, you must love the body you have.

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 11-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Cathlete

I just picked mine up yesterday, can't wait to try it!
cokonkel likes this.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Cathlete
labnick's Profile Fields

My son bought this set a couple of weeks ago. When he came to visit last weekend he brought them so I could preview and I think they look awesome. My son has done about 10 of the workouts and likes them better than T25. The instructor does yell a lot but I kind of liked him and he did not bother me at all. To me they look like a perfect add on. And 20 workouts for 30 bucks! How can you beat that? I think I just talked myself into buying them!
cokonkel likes this.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Cathlete
tlc93's Profile Fields

Can you compare it to anything of Cathe's so we have an idea of what it's like? Or another instructor...Patrick Goudeau? Michelle Dozois? Just curious.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Cathlete
tlc93's Profile Fields

What's VF?
Old 11-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc93 View Post
Can you compare it to anything of Cathe's so we have an idea of what it's like? Or another instructor...Patrick Goudeau? Michelle Dozois? Just curious.
I think the closest I could compare these to are Zuzana's workouts. Are you familiar with her? She does short, intense workouts like this. I think you could compare it to Cathe's new X10 as well, although the two I have done so far feel different from X10, I think.

VF is videofitness.com ( General Discussion - Video Fitness Forum). It is a site devoted to fitness dvds in general, although there are tons of Cathletes on there.
Carmen829 likes this.

Do what you feel to be right in your heart, for you will be criticized anyway. ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 11-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Cathlete
tlc93's Profile Fields

Yes! Video fitness......has anyone traded dvd's there? I would like to try it but I'm leary about it. I'm not familiar with Zuzana. Not sure if I can handle another X10....I'm the one who drooled after doing it and now I'm afraid of it!

I love the quote by Eleanor Roosevelt.....I've actually said it many times along with some of her other quotes!
cokonkel likes this.

Last edited by tlc93; 11-10-2013 at 05:40 PM..
Old 11-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Cathlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc93 View Post
Yes! Video fitness......has anyone traded dvd's there? I would like to try it but I'm leary about it. I'm not familiar with Zuzana. Not sure if I can handle another X10....I'm the one who drooled after doing it and now I'm afraid of it!

I love the quote by Eleanor Roosevelt.....I've actually said it many times along with some of her other quotes!
Yes they have a trade exchange you can participate in if you are a member: Video Fitness Forum Although, since this is a newer set and sort of "hot" now, it may be difficult to get someone to trade it, but you never know! I've only done two of the Ruthless workouts so far and I think I may have to declare X10 is a little harder, if that helps. The one I did to day (Lunatic Intervals) wasn't too bad, although the Rip 10's one was TOUGH! I think I am going to focus on trying to work these in as often as I can by adding them onto workouts when feasible so I can test them all out. So far, I really like the two I've done!

Old 11-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Cathlete
tlc93's Profile Fields

Leave it to the forum chats to enable me......sounds like something I'll have to purchase!
cokonkel likes this.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:53 AM
Cathlete
labnick's Profile Fields

You can see the trailer on Youtube...

Ruthless Total Body Training - YouTube

Not sure if I did the above link correctly. If not search YouTube for Weider Ruthless and I am sure you will find it.