Weider Ruthless set

cokonkel

Cathlete
Hello Cathletes!

I thought I would share this find as I just got this set and it's getting good buzz on VF. :) It's the Weider Ruthless set from Wal-Mart: Weider Ruthless DVD Kit: Exercise & Fitness : Walmart.com There are twenty, 20 minute workouts in the set for $29.97. I did the Rip 10's workout and it was intense! :eek: No rest, just GO until the 20 minutes is up. Some people on VF talked about how the guy yelled like a drill sergeant during the workouts but I didn't find him annoying at all. I found him motivational. It could be the sexy South African accent and well...he's not hard to look at either. ;) I figured it would be right up the alley for most Cathletes who love intensity. :D I'm looking forward to doing another one today after my leg workout with Cathe (I'm thinking Pyramid Lower Body followed by "Lunatic Intervals" from Ruthless).

Enjoy!

My son bought this set a couple of weeks ago. When he came to visit last weekend he brought them so I could preview and I think they look awesome. My son has done about 10 of the workouts and likes them better than T25. The instructor does yell a lot but I kind of liked him and he did not bother me at all. To me they look like a perfect add on. And 20 workouts for 30 bucks! How can you beat that? I think I just talked myself into buying them! :eek:

Can you compare it to anything of Cathe's so we have an idea of what it's like? Or another instructor...Patrick Goudeau? Michelle Dozois? Just curious.

Can you compare it to anything of Cathe's so we have an idea of what it's like? Or another instructor...Patrick Goudeau? Michelle Dozois? Just curious.

I think the closest I could compare these to are Zuzana's workouts. Are you familiar with her? She does short, intense workouts like this. I think you could compare it to Cathe's new X10 as well, although the two I have done so far feel different from X10, I think.

VF is videofitness.com ( General Discussion - Video Fitness Forum). It is a site devoted to fitness dvds in general, although there are tons of Cathletes on there. :)

Yes! Video fitness......has anyone traded dvd's there? I would like to try it but I'm leary about it. I'm not familiar with Zuzana. Not sure if I can handle another X10....I'm the one who drooled after doing it and now I'm afraid of it!

I love the quote by Eleanor Roosevelt.....I've actually said it many times along with some of her other quotes!

Last edited:
Yes! Video fitness......has anyone traded dvd's there? I would like to try it but I'm leary about it. I'm not familiar with Zuzana. Not sure if I can handle another X10....I'm the one who drooled after doing it and now I'm afraid of it!

I love the quote by Eleanor Roosevelt.....I've actually said it many times along with some of her other quotes!

Yes they have a trade exchange you can participate in if you are a member: Video Fitness Forum Although, since this is a newer set and sort of "hot" now, it may be difficult to get someone to trade it, but you never know! I've only done two of the Ruthless workouts so far and I think I may have to declare X10 is a little harder, if that helps. ;) The one I did to day (Lunatic Intervals) wasn't too bad, although the Rip 10's one was TOUGH! :D I think I am going to focus on trying to work these in as often as I can by adding them onto workouts when feasible so I can test them all out. So far, I really like the two I've done!

hi,
anyone know if this set is region free or have the USA regional code?

Thank you so much

Hi Chiara,

I have checked on walmart website and there is no information you are looking for.

More likely this DVD is compatible for north america.
If your dvd player has the option to play any regional code, you should be able to play it.

HTH

Not sure exactly what he did, but my hubby googled how to get around the region codes etc and we have successfully played dvds were werent technically supposed to be able to play by some simple click clicks on the remote.

i love Zuzka workouts. I have her DVDs and do her YouTube workouts all the time. These look good! Thanks.

Carmen

I've had this set for a few weeks now and have done maybe 8-10 of the workouts. Let me just add my two thumbs up. I love, love, love these workouts!

These look similar to Insanity, but shorter. Can anyone confirm that? I got in great shape by doing Insanity this spring. I have been thinking about another round of insanity but cannot bring myself to it do it again due to the dread factor. Hoping these would be comparable?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.