Weider Ruthless set

I'd also like to know how similar this set is to Insanity, but also to JNL Fusion, where you do as many reps as possible in the 30 seconds? Also, can someone comment on what type of music Ruthless has, or if there is a 'music off' option or anything similar? Thanks!

I can't say with authority how similar these are to Insanity, since I've only done two Insanity workouts, but they're drill based like Insanity and most are intense. I don't have any dread factor with these, though, because they're only 20 minutes. And even if they were longer, I wouldn't mind, because I enjoy these types of workouts. In fact, I think I've never done just one of these and always tack on a second one even when I didn't start out planning to do that. Easy to do when they're so short.

I really like some of the moves, which are very familiar (no previewing needed), but at the same time often have an interesting twist. There are several moves, like squats, where you simply pull your arms back at the end of the move, which I find to be a simple change, yet a good postural move/reminder.

As for JNL Fusion, I'm not familiar with that, sorry, so I can't help...maybe somebody else has both?

Thanks, Trixoo - it sounds like these will be great add-ons to my other workouts as I'm always adding to my original workout. :)

How would you describe the music in the set - (if it does have any music) and if there are music on/off options?

I am thinking this would make a great Christmas present for me. :)

Thanks!!!

You can hardly hear the music, but it's generic popular sounding music (no lyrics, no sound alikes). But again, it doesn't matter because it's so low and, frankly, the instructor talks so much you probably couldn't hear it much even if it were louder!

If you get them, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.