Spinning

I've got a schwinn gel seat picked it up from a local sport store. I ride about 2-3 hours a week with no problems. When I first started spinning I wore the padded shorts but stop needing them after a few weeks.

My husband raced bicycles for years. He was always telling me that getting used to a bicycle saddle is just something you do. But, there are saddles made specifically for women. As to whether they work on a spinning bike, not sure. I would think that they would. Any bicycle shop would have them. Some can be expensive. When I ride, I wear padded shorts, they do help, until you get used to the saddle.

My husband raced bicycles for years. He was always telling me that getting used to a bicycle saddle is just something you do.

This was my experience, too. I remember when I started spinning (about 8 years ago), I felt unbelievably sore and almost did go out and buy a pad for the saddle. I'm glad I didn't! After a few weeks, I got used to the saddle and have not had a problem since...which is saying something, since I don't have much natural padding on my rear end! Just make sure the bike is set up properly and that you are positioned properly on the saddle itself. If you are planning on cycling regularly, I would recommend shoes with clips. There is no better way to connect your mind and muscles with your bike!

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.