Re; check in for 9/13

Missthang

Hi Challenger ;o)

How's everyone doing? Well, I hafta tell you guys. I simply LOVE Pour Hour. OMG, I just finished it about an hour ago. And, my legs are friedddd, and shakyyyy too,woe.

It feels like I've gone too another level in fitness, really. I increase my weights too tonight, by 5lbs. Making it a total of 40 lbs on my barbell, for dips, lungs etc... It felt really good to challenge myself, it may not seem like 5 lbs is alot, trust me...it makes a difference. That Cathe what a gal, hehe, I love how she pushes you too failure in each exercise, and you can't quit, because she is pushing and struggling too. LOVE IT. okay, okay!! I'll get control, I can't, hehe I LOVED IT

My Eating was okay today; no junk food, it went like this:

B: boost protein drink
S: 1 c of raisin bran cereal w/c ff skim milk
S: peach
L: 3 lean slices of corn beef w/2 slices of lite whole wheat bread & watermelon
D: grilled chicken w/ rice& beans & broccoli

Hope everyone had a good day, over & out

Trese

Hi Trese!! Great job!! 5lb does make a difference!! Sometimes those little 5 lbs can make or break a set!!
I'm plugging along!! I have 6 weeks to go until my comp!! I have to tell you all this, I went to the World Gym Classic last night and guess who was the guests posers??? RONNIE COLEMAN &JENNY HENDERSHOTT!!! It was awesome seeing them!! Just a dream come true!! They were both magnificent!
Anyway, my bodyfat, measurements, and weight are dropping, while I've been able to increase my strength every 2 weeks. I'm told I'm right on track:)!! Here's my week!

MON: a.m. power walk, BBA w/ forearms and calves p.m. IMAX

TUES: a.m. power walk, Chest and tri's, p.m. power walk

WED: a.m. yoga, SLA & Shoulders

THURS: a.m. power walk, Intense Moves

FRI: a.m. power walk, Chest and Back, p.m. 10-10-10

SAT: a.m. walk, Legs & Shoulders & abs

SUN: REST, Shopping, and some yoga!!

Have a great week everyone, let's hope we can all pull through this national crisis with faith and love and hope!

Aimee

Aimee--Seeing Ronnie and Jenny :-wow ! How fun! Do you eat before your a.m. workouts? I'm trying to find a balance between not eating too much so that I'll be nauseous, but eating enough so that I don't bonk. Sundays are so much easier--plenty of time to digest.

Anyway, here's my week:

SUNDAY: 3 mile bike round-trip to favorite running spot; jog 1.5 miles; PS Shoulders, Triceps, Back & Chest
MONDAY: bike & jog routine
TUESDAY: short hike with fifth-graders
WEDNESDAY: first 24 min. of Classic Step; Body Max & MIS shoulders; S&H Chest & Back
THURSDAY: 3 mile hike; 1.75 mile jog on treadmill (this was very hard--forgot that the gym had tons of TVs--funny how the HR would shoot up and I would feel fatigued at the same time)
FRIDAY: 2 mile hike
SATURDAY: 1000 yd. swim

That Strong & Heavy is some hefty stuff. I was shaking the entire time, and surprisingly, wasn't too sore the next day. My lower back is shot before we even get to the deadlifts, though, and I think I'll throw in some extra lat exercises. Just two exercises doesn't do it for me. Time to dig out the exertubes!

:) Gretchen

Hi Everyone,

I had a really good workout week, which I needed after all the tragedy. I hope no one here was directly involved in that. Anyway, here is what I did:

M: Circuit Max; walk with baby
T: S&H Chest/Back; walk with baby
W: Cardio Kicks
T: S&H Legs/Shoulders
F: CIA 7005 hi/lo
S: Body Max plus moved all day to new apartment

I hope everyone has a great week.

Emily

Hey everyone! I saw the doctor Thursday for my yearly checkup and to see what all this extreme fatigue is about. Well, my white blood cell count was a tiny bit low which told him that I had a viral infection at some point. I am not anemic. He thinks I am depressed and gave me Paxil to take. I do have all the classic symptoms of depression but I think there has to be another reason for those feelings. The thyroid test will not be back until next week so I have to wait to see if it is still abnormal. He said my thyroid was prominent but not necessarily enlarged. Probably more than you wanted to know so I will get on with my week.

MONDAY: CIA 9806 up to the abs

TUESDAY: Power Hour

WEDNESDAY: Advanced Step. Andre definitely made me smile, as usual.

THURSDAY: 2 hours of yard work at my brother's house

FRIDAY: Unplanned rest. Just couldn't do it today.

SATURDAY: 4 hours of cleaning windows at my church. One whole wall is glass so you can imagine how time consuming that would be.

I wasn't particularly happy with this week but considering the tragic week combined with my extreme fatigue I guess it will do! :) Hope everyone has a better week next week and we can get back to normal...whatever that is!

Kelly

I guess I will check in, though my heart is just not in it. Every day I would get up and remember what happened and my first impulse was to pull the covers over my head. Somehow I dragged myself into doing what I planned--so here goes:

Before tragedy:

Sunday: Power Hour

Monday: IMax

Tuesday: PSLA

After:

Wednesday: PSBBA +CTX All Step cardio

Thursday: PSSh, Ch, Tri+ CTX Step Intervals

Friday: Christi Taylor's Still Steppin'

Saturday: rest

Started with Power Hour again today.

Hope next week will restore some normalcy, but don't believe life will ever be the same.

l

I definitely could not get into it this week. Still recovering from whatever has a hold on my immune system, and then the tragedy that struck. It's all been overwhelming...I know I should push myself to work out at times like these but just couldn't...

Sunday: Leaner Legs
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: S&H Chest & Back/Planks & Abs
Wednesday: Way too overcome with emotion to do a thing.
Thursday: CTX Triceps/Biceps/Abs
Friday: Rest
Saturday: CTX Chest/CTX Shoulders - Dancing at my stepson's wedding (does that count for exercise???)
Sunday: S&H Triceps & Biceps

I'm planning to incorporate some light cardio next week and see how my body/colitis deals with it. Nothing too strenuous...meaning, I guess I won't be doing Circuit Max for awhile! But I really MENTALLY need a cardio workout...we'll see how it goes...

Terri

RE: Re; check in for 9/16

Hi everyone!

Great job Aimee ;o), wow. You must be on cloud nine, meeting Ronnie Coleman & Jenny Hendershot, great going. OMG!! only six weeks remaining for the comp. Girlfriend, I've know doubt, that you'll do just fine ;o) As for me, I still plugging away.

I made some changes in my rotation. I'm now doing the Pour Hour rotation. Then for my 2nd week I am doing S&H rotation then PS CTX rotation. So tomorrow I'll be starting PH rotation. I Think I'm going to rotate the three rotations, for the next 12 weeks or so.

Hey Aimee, I subscribed to Muscle & Fitness Hers. And they're suppose to send me something regarding body building, Oh, I think it is called....how too get started body building, something like that.

Well guys here's my week:

Sunday: CTX All step, tae-bo (lower body only) & climbed 6 flights of stairs 8x

Monday: Jog 1 hour & all step

Tuesday: Cardio kick & reebok *the video*

Wednesday: The video, stairs 8x & firm 5 day abs days 1,2&3

Thursday: Pour Hour pm abs

Friday: IMAX & abs

Saturday: Restday ;o) yay!!!!

Sunday: 40 minute jog, the video

Trese

Aimee...

Your post about heartburn & my response disappeared when the forum went down. The Oct Runners World has a 1/2 page discussion on the subject. Two possible causes of heartburn are consuming protein before a workout and dehydration. If you can't wait a few hours between protein consumption & your workouts, as might be the case with your training diet & routine, you might try an antiacid (per RW not me).

I'm sure you're drinking lots of water but the body uses lots when processing protein. If you're not getting up at least 1x a night to urinate, you need to drink more. That's from my sports nutrition class.

Hope this helps. Your workout schedule is amazing. How are you feeling in general?

Debra

The pullovers don't get you?

You must have super strong lats 'cause the S&H pullovers left me sore for a few days! I don't let my ribcage expand at all during the move (something a Pilates instructor taught me). Are you training for a triathlon or just mixing it up?

What a week

Surprised our workouts weren't kickboxing & yoga. I alternated between anger, great sorrow, confusion,... The great heroics of the rescue effort was so inspiring.

My week:
Trot 35-40 min w/ dogs (3x)
Slow & Heavy series (1x)
Cycling (2x) 77 miles total
Stretching tapes (2x)
Pilates matwork (1x)

Please take care.
Debra

RE: Nikki, Debra, and Gretchen.....

Nikki- My a.m. power walks consist of me and my boxer/pit going at it for 2.55 miles. I takes me exactly 35min. I wear a HR monitor and my HR stay right around 135bpm. We basically just walk as fast as our legs will carry us without breaking into a jog.

Debra- I think it's the protein and the water, especially since you said I should be getting up at least once a night. Hmmmmm....This is food for thought. I honestly can't switch it around though, due to time consrants. I'll try the antacid thing.

Gretchen- I don't eat anything before my a.m. walks. Well, I do have 1 cup of coffee and 2 fat burners. That's it. Then I come home and have either a protein smoothie, or egg whites or oatmeal with protein powder in it. It hard acquiring a taste for this stuff. He he he! Now, I actually look forward to my breakfast when I come home from my walks. My afternoon weight training, I always eat before and after usually consist of another protein smoothie. P.m. cardio I do the same. I also have a protein shake 2 hr. before bed. Ok, more info than yu asked for. Sorry about that. I'm just sooo excited!!

Ok, hope this helps you all and Debra, you certainly helped me!! Have a good one guys!!

Aimee

Hi everyone!

I'm with Lynda~Not much in the mood to check-in but will anyway, because I wanted to say HI to you all and to thank you for all you have done for me this past year! You're all terrific. I know this week has been very depressing and I am also suffering from a bit of depression over it all. My heart just aches for all the suffering people. This probably sounds silly but I actually felt a pang of guilt last night at midnight as I sat at my dining room table polishing my nails. I heard a plane go over and I sat there thinking how LUCKY and BLESSED I was to be sitting in a warm home with a roof over my head, my hubby in the next room. my daughter and Kennedy visiting for the weekend and of course, my 23 year old son who was still OUT & ABOUT!!! I thought to myself~How lucky I was to be just sitting there doing my nails when others were grieving. Soooo, we all need to take a minute and be thankful for all those little things we take for granted. Not that we all don't! Thanks again, my friends! Okay, my week:

MONDAY~Jogged 4 miles, attended a Hi/Lo class of an instructor friend

TUESDAY~Jogged 4 miles, S&H-LEGS & SHOULDERS

WEDNESDAY~Jogged 5 miles, S&H-CHEST & BACK(incl. lower back & Planks

THURSDAY~Jogged 4 miles, S&H-TRICEPS & BICEPS & ABS

FRIDAY~IMax!!!!! LOVE IT! WHEW! :-tired I knew I was meeting up with HoneyBunch at Dairy Queen so I figured I best go for the gusto! HB~It was FUN! I have test scores for you for all your Pillsbury Entries! YUMMY :9 :9

SATURDAY~PowerHour & CTX-Kickbox-PLEASE remind me NOT to do these two back-to-back again! Oh my goodness, I went to get out of bed this morning and I could hardly stand straight up as my ABS were the SOREST they have EVER been! I went in to get my cup of coffeee, walked back in and laid down again as they HURT soo bad! I got back up and about CRAWLED to the shower. This is one week I think I would have missed church if it weren't for me needing to get my dose of encouragement after the happenings this week. I remember when I was doing the "knee-slams" in Kickbox I tired to be real sharp with the elbows and knees coming together and really contracted my ABS hard. Cathe is right when she says, after Kickboxing, you won't need to do ABS. Dummy me then did PowerHour and boy, are those ABS tough with the bikes! I guess I just want to warn you all of this combo. I was almost sick to my stomach they hurt so bad. Okay, sorry for that looooong ramble!

SUNDAY~REST!!!! THANK GOODNESS! :7

IF ANY of you are still awake~Julie & Kennedy came to spend the weekend with us because Scott was out-ot-town on a rafting trip. I got to baby-sit for about 7-8 hours on Saturday while Julie went and met up with some friends. Fun, fun day! Say a prayer for me tomorrow as I start my very 1st. session of my new program. I think I am ready and quite excited. Hope my students are happy!! Here's wishing you all a calming and halfway normal week. Thinking of you all!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Hi everyone!

I too don't feel like checking in, but I NEED things to be back to normal again...

MONDAY: Step & Intervals + MIC intervals, cd and stretch, + PH, Bmax MIS and L&S stretches + PH abs

TUESDAY: S&H C&B and abs + Imax and Pmax stretches

WEDNESDAY: Rhythmic Step + Imax and MIC stretches

THURSDAY: rest

FRIDAY: S&H T&B and absWendy

SATURDAY: Stepfit + RS stretch

SUNDAY: S&H L&S + MIS abs and stretch

Hang in there, everyone.
Wendy

RE: Hi everyone!

It IS hard to go on about your business with all the suffering going on. I just hope they can find more survivors.

Deb, I'm anxious to get your opinions on my samples!

My week....all CTX again.

Sat: Kickbox and biceps

Sun. Power Circuit and back, with extra leg work

Monday: All Step

Tues: Legs at the Y.

Wed. Nothing....spent my time in front of the TV watching the coverage

Thur: Step and Intervals

Fri: Legs at Y and 10-10-10-

This week I'm going off CTX reluctantly to shake things up with PS and some longer tapes, but only 4 days of cardio.

Please be well, everyone, and I hope those of you that are waiting for good news get it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.