Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

Question about Almond Milk

This is a discussion on Question about Almond Milk within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; There recently was a thread (by Jules, I think) about Almond / Rice/ Coconut Milk, and your responses inspired me ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Catheite
Jane A's Profile Fields

Default Question about Almond Milk

There recently was a thread (by Jules, I think) about Almond / Rice/ Coconut Milk, and your responses inspired me to try Almond Breeze. I love it! Thanks!!

I have a question, though. How long does it stay good after you open it? Will it smell funny when it's too old?

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." (Nietzsche)
Old 05-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Catheite

My Almond Breeze has an expiration date stamped on the top which is February (I just bought it 2 days ago). I usually drink mine within 2 weeks after opening it and I have never noticed it going bad during that time. Maybe I drink it too fast so I haven't had that problem?
Old 05-23-2010, 11:22 AM
Catheite
LastTango's Profile Fields

I was about to buy some Almond or Coconut milk when I was in Whole Foods yesterday, but instead, I bought some Hemp milk. It is a really good source of Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, not to mention B vitamins. I got the unsweetened original and vanilla flavors to try. I used some this morning in my home-made Vanilla Latte....cuts out some calories and fat while still being nutritious. I can see I'll have to make another trip to buy more.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:35 AM
Cathlete
PhyllisG's Profile Fields

Almond, hemp, coconut milk--I think they are all good and usually buy whatever is on sale. I have not had any problems with any of them going bad like you have with dairy.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Cathlete
nspire's Profile Fields

Whatever you do, don't freeze it. I bought two cartons of Silk Almond milk because I had a coupon, buy one get one free. Well, I froze one because I knew it would be a few weeks before I would get to the second carton and once I thawed it out, it had a weird look to it. Not sure if anyone else had this experience.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:03 PM
Cathlete
lisa_la_machina's Profile Fields

The instructions on the 32 oz Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze box say to refrigerate after opening and to use within 7-10 days of opening. I agree with another poster that my almond milk has never turned funky like dairy milk, but I also use it so often that I have never had an opened container in the fridge for more than 2 weeks.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Catheite
Jane A's Profile Fields

Thanks for your responses -- so helpful. This forum's great!

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." (Nietzsche)
Old 06-03-2010, 01:36 PM
boilerchick's Profile Fields

Great question. I've recently started using Almond Breeze (mostly in my smoothies) and I love it! The carton says good for 7-10 days after opening, but I've used it longer. I've probably used some that's been open 3 weeks, and it was perfectly fine.

http://laurajane.wordpress.com
Old 06-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Cathlete
Stephanie0523's Profile Fields

I buy the smaller non-referigerated carton (which you refrigerate after opening), so that I can use it up within the 7 to 10 days. Man, I love this stuff! Sooooo good on cereal!!