Protein Powder for Smoothies

wonderwoman

Cathlete
Hi,
I was just wondering for those of you who make smoothies for breakfast do you use protein powder? If so, which kind??
TIA

I alternate between Whey Factors Double Chocolate (has gotten expensive lately, used to be $25, now around $40), Growing Naturals Rice Vanilla Blast, and Growing Naturals Pea Vanilla Blast. Forgot to mention that Whey Factors uses grass fed cows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I use Abouttime whey protein isolate. Mocha mint is my favorite. Especially with a Tbsp of instant coffee added. 24g of isolate protein, and gluten free.

Thanks!
I have used shakeology in the past for my smoothies but I can't keep spending the money for it anymore. I really do like it but it's so expensive. I do have vanilla Gold Standard and Isolyze.

Thanks!

I have used shakeology in the past for my smoothies but I can't keep spending the money for it anymore. I really do like it but it's so expensive. I do have vanilla Gold Standard and Isolyze.

Everyone that tries Shakeology, loves it. I don't want to try it, I may get addicted as well. I guess my question is: What's so great about it? Is it just the flavors? Or something else? It's so expensive.

Hi, I was just wondering for those of you who make smoothies for breakfast do you use protein powder? If so, which kind?? TIA

BSN Syntha in Mocachino is very nice. Muscle Milk chocolate. I don't like Muscle a Milk Vanilla cream...still looking for a nice Vanilla one. Any recommendations? Not a fan of Cookies n Cream flavours either.

I'm a broken record on this topic, but my favorite is Plant Fusion Vanilla Bean...with an emphasis on the vanilla bean flavor since I don't like the other flavors in this brand nearly as much.

My DH's favorite is Gold Standard Whey Double Chocolate. Not as good as the Plant Fusion Vanilla Bean IMO, but it is good.

Lisa

I love Shakeology chocolate flavor with almond milk. It taste like chocolate icecream. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. It's full of healthy stuff. It also regulates me like nothing else,

I have used Shakeology in the past. I really like the taste. It is expensive so I use a hall of scoop and only drink in 3-4 times per week. I can make a bags last 3 months.

I just ordered this peanut protein powder from Jamie Eason. You can use it 3 ways, can be mixed with water or your favorite liquid to make a peanut butter protein shake, mix with water to make a creamy peanut butter spread and you can use it for a topping for oatmeal, yogurt etc.

I'm looking forward to trying this stuff :D Here's a link to check it out

Jamie Eason Signature Series Peanut Protein by Labrada at Bodybuilding.com - Lowest Prices on Jamie Eason Signature Series Peanut Protein! Has anyone tried this protein powder?

I want to hear what you think about it. I saw information about it recently as well. I just wonder how good it tastes. I finally tried PB2 recently and it's pretty good.

I use Sun Warrior Blend; it's vegan and I buy non-flavored (natural). I'm not vegan but it digests easily and the frozen fruit, kefir milk, and kefir water I use flavor it nicely. It's also cold-pressed so it's nutrient dense since a heat processing doesn't kill the nutrients. No artificial anything. I also like Protein 17 which is cold pressed, organic, grass-fed whey but it's expensive.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.