Introducing myself

Pamela1635

Cathlete
Hi,

I've been frequenting this forum and taking advantage of all of the wonderful advice and rotations offereds since July of this year. I'd like to finally introduce myself. I'm Pam, and I'm working on losing weight, strengthening, and toning. My sister introduced me to to Cathe over the summer, and I've been using her workouts ever since. I've lost about 47 pounds since June 1, and I still have about 45-50 to go. I started with SJP on fit tv in July, which led to my purchase of the body blast series in late July. I later added ctx in August, and then added the hard cores at the end of September when I placed my pre-order for the new dvds. (FYI I also have basic step, LIS, Total Body Sculpt)

I love the HC series, and since getting them my workouts seem to center around them. Currently I do MM, and the GS one day each for 4 days of strength work (I modify GS legs as I only do the standing leg work right now, and I also do 30-40 min of cardi0 3-4 days a week. (kpc premix, sjp premix, sb w/o the blast, imax 3 step only, lis)

I just ordered P90X and TurboJam based on all of your comments, and also because I just got a Power Tower and I'd like to incorporate it into my workouts. I have to confess, I haven't seen the workouts yet, but I suspect I'm not ready for it -- I'm very nervous!:eek: I find I enjoy the strength workouts far more than the cardio, but I know I need cardio to lose the weight. Anyway, I figure if I'm not ready for P90X now, I will be eventually, right?! :) (FYI I can only do 3 assisted pullups, and 0 unassisted)

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself, and thank you guys for all the motivation and advice you've been giving me for the past several months. With your help and WW, I've gone from a size 20 to a 14 in the past six months. I'm hoping to achieve my goal over the course of the next 6 months. Thank you!

Awesome results Pam, you go girl! It's people like you that motivate ME! Keep up the hard work and Good Luck with your goal this next 6 months. So nice to have you join in. Look forward to getting to know you better.
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hi, Pam! Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us and stop stalking us (tee hee!).

As for P90X, go for it. I still can't do an unassisted pull-up, but I can do a 40# 1-arm row for 8 reps or so. Just the way I'm built, perhaps.

One tip: when I first previewed P90X, I was SOOOO intimidated by the first workout in the rotation (chest and back) because of all the push-ups and pull-ups. It kept me from starting the rotation for a long time. Then one day, I just decided to start with Shoulders and Arms (which is now probably my favorite P90X workout) and cycle through the "classic" rotation from there. It made the rotation more approachable for me.

Congratulations on your fitness progress!

Welcome Pam!! Congrats on your successful journey!!

I agree with Kathryn about P90X it can be intimidating. Just take your time and pace yourself. I just restarted a P90X rotation because I , like you, got a tower and want to use it. I still can't keep up with anyone it those workouts!! But I just do what I can and try to do more when I can. I guess that's the key not to compare yourself to others but to compete with ONLY yourself.

Good luck and Warmest Welcome,
Catherine

Don't have any advice on P90X, but welcome to the forum! Congrats on your weight loss and new fitness level! Look forward to more chats with you in the future!
MJ

Welcome to the forum Pam. You are certainly an inspiration. Join us on the daily checkins where we post our workouts and let us know what you're doing.

Welcome, Pam.

It sounds like you are already on the right track and doing great! We'll all be coming to you for advice, just wait and see.

Shelbygirl

Welcome Pam. It's a great group here and there are all sorts of daily check-ins to join! I'm partial to the daily check-in!

Congrats on your success!

Welcome!

Pam - you rawk! Welcome to the gang. We are most talented at spending your money for you, especially on Cathe workouts and related fitness equipment.

Keep up the good work! I'm sure many here will want to know YOUR tips.

A-Jock

Welcome, Pam, and congratulations on all of your accomplishments! ...Very, very impressive. Good for you! I have no doubt you will realize your next 6 month goal. Please keep posting and keep us up to date on your achievements! ...we're all in this together...I'm happy to have another "friend" aboard!

Best wishes for a healthy, fit New Year!

~ Kim

"Welcome the challenge...embrace it...don't fear it." - Cathe Friedrich

http://bestsmileys.com/signs13/24.gif[/img] Pam!...like Kathryn said P90X can be intimidating in the beginning. But every work out shows a way to modify. I got my best results with P90X and am doing a rotation now. I could never do more than 3 unassisted pull-ups. But that did feel good!!! You have done an awesome job so far. Looking forward to your posts...:)...Carole

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. You are truly an impressive group, and I look forward to getting to know all of you. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.