Help with Legs and Butt

LizC7

Cathlete
Hello everyone
I've been sticking to Cathe's recent rotations and upper body is coming along nicely. I do get DOMS everywhere including butt and legs enough to know that I must be doing something :)
However, I'm just not seeing the results in my legs that I want. Still jiggly, not as toned as the rest of me. Any tips on really hitting my trouble area?
Thanks!

If I were going to focus on my legs/butt I would probably do a rotation similar to this:

Monday: Leg/butt Strength
Tuesday: HiiT
Wednesday: Circuit
Thursday: Steady State Cardio (kickboxing or step)
Friday: Leg/butt Strength
Saturday: HiiT
Sunday: Off

How long have you been working on this area? I ask because my legs and butt took a looooong time to come around once I started working out seriously. :eek: My journey to banish the saddlebags started 3 years ago and it wasn't until last year that I really noticed the big changes taking place. I also had to commit two full days a week to lower body work and really push the weights a lot. High rep, low weight and endless leg lifts with barre workouts never did a thing for me! Diet is huge, too. I adjusted my carb/protein ratio more in favor of protein. Also, for me personally, eliminating dairy from my diet made a big difference. It wasn't by choice though! :eek: I developed lactose intolerance that made eating dairy very painful. :( The upside though, was once I pin pointed that and eliminated all milk, cheese and yogurt I lost 5 lbs in two weeks with no other change to my diet or exercise regimen.

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions and I'll definitely try that rotation. I've only upped my intensity and workouts to 6 days a week over the past 3 months. I don't think I'm looking to lose weight - it's strictly these areas that I'm struggling with. I'll try that rotation and get more focus!

Hi Ladies,

This is an interesting thread and would like to have updates.

@LizC7

How are doing in gaining some lower body result?
Hope you took Zenara and colleen advise on board.:)

Do you do much incline walking? That made quite a difference for me (I'm of willowy and a bit lanky build with thick thighs), although it took a few weeks before I noticed. Also, I think many women (myself included) just happen to have more jiggle around the bum than others. And I don't mean you ought to be lazy due to that or anything, just merely suggesting that it's possible that your bum is meant to have more bounce! ;)

Hello everyone
I've been sticking to Cathe's recent rotations and upper body is coming along nicely. I do get DOMS everywhere including butt and legs enough to know that I must be doing something :)
However, I'm just not seeing the results in my legs that I want. Still jiggly, not as toned as the rest of me. Any tips on really hitting my trouble area?
Thanks!
How long have you been working on this area? I ask because my legs and butt took a looooong time to come around once I started working out seriously. :eek: My journey to banish the saddlebags started 3 years ago and it wasn't until last year that I really noticed the big changes taking place. I also had to commit two full days a week to lower body work and really push the weights a lot. High rep, low weight and endless leg lifts with barre workouts never did a thing for me! Diet is huge, too. I adjusted my carb/protein ratio more in favor of protein. Also, for me personally, eliminating dairy from my diet made a big difference. It wasn't by choice though! :eek: I developed lactose intolerance that made eating dairy very painful. :( The upside though, was once I pin pointed that and eliminated all milk, cheese and yogurt I lost 5 lbs in two weeks with no other change to my diet or exercise regimen.
I also saw a big improvement after diet change. More protein less carb with minimal dairy.

I've noticed gains in my legs - more muscle and definitely a little more roundness to my butt :) However, still a work in progress. I'm trying Ingrid's Edge Booty. Any barre workout recommendations would be great too! I'm also focusing more on my diet while I start her program. Let's hope for progress over the next 7 weeks!

I've noticed gains in my legs - more muscle and definitely a little more roundness to my butt :) However, still a work in progress. I'm trying Ingrid's Edge Booty. Any barre workout recommendations would be great too! I'm also focusing more on my diet while I start her program. Let's hope for progress over the next 7 weeks!

Liz, do you subscribe to Cathe Live? Her Live leg workouts offer excellent variety and are great for toning. At least they have been for me. I can only imagine that you would get phenomenal results from combining 1 leg building routine and 1 Cathe Live leg workout each week.

Lisa

Liz, do you subscribe to Cathe Live? Her Live leg workouts offer excellent variety and are great for toning. At least they have been for me. I can only imagine that you would get phenomenal results from combining 1 leg building routine and 1 Cathe Live leg workout each week.

Lisa

I second Lisa's comment! Cathe's Live Leg/Lower Body routines are OUTSTANDING!! I love them!

I'm a big fan of Barre workouts. One of my most favorite Barre workouts is Ballet Physique's Amped Up. It's about 51 minutes, the time goes by so fast, and the routine is very effective. Tracey Mallet has some good Barre workouts. Last year during the Thanksgiving weekend, Physique 57 ran a sale on their DVDs, so I bought a 6-pack. Physique 57 is really good, but they aren't cheap. I recently bought the Piloxing DVD from Walmart for a whopping $5.25! The DVD contains two workouts - a one-hour boxing/Pilates fusion routine, and three 20-minute toning segments - arms, legs & glutes, and abs. I wore wrist and ankle weights when I did the toning workout and I really felt it the next day. If you check Total Fitness DVDs, you can search for Barre workouts and then check out the video clips to see what appeals to you. If you decide to buy, use the code 10off. And as you probably know, there are several Barre segments in some of Cathe's lower body workouts too. :)

If I were going to focus on my legs/butt I would probably do a rotation similar to this:

Monday: Leg/butt Strength
Tuesday: HiiT
Wednesday: Circuit
Thursday: Steady State Cardio (kickboxing or step)
Friday: Leg/butt Strength
Saturday: HiiT
Sunday: Off

Lisa

Im going to implement this rotation into my workouts,I've been needing to round of my glutes =) I'm just finishing up the Drill Max rotation(I'm not sure if the series had a title..lol) Thank you for the great suggestions =)

Weighted walking lunges-like 300 reps each side-3 times a week will help tone. I discovered these during one of Cathe's Rock Bottom rotations and wear my 20 lb. vest to do them. It takes about 15 minutes.

Beth

Like Beth, I love lunges, especially walking ones, they do do the trick for me. Now for those who are concerned about their quad size and prefer to hit glute and hams lunging tilting very slightly forward to target glutes instead of quads.

I love variation of lunges too. One leg slide reverse lunge on a disc holding weights work wonder for me:):)
Same for all lateral lunges.

Weighted walking lunges-like 300 reps each side-3 times a week will help tone. I discovered these during one of Cathe's Rock Bottom rotations and wear my 20 lb. vest to do them. It takes about 15 minutes.

Beth-B-Fit,
20# weighted vest - Yowza & 3 times a week - You are a BEAST!
Love lunges too even included some Farmers Walk up and down the stairs! But not with a 20# vest!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.