Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

Dumbbell rack

This is a discussion on Dumbbell rack within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I need to get a dumbbell rack. I really like the one like cathe has in her videos.....it stands more ...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Cathlete
tsagona's Profile Fields

Default Dumbbell rack

I need to get a dumbbell rack. I really like the one like cathe has in her videos.....it stands more vertical and takes up less room than the ones that are more horizontal. Anyone have one they like. Easy to get the weights off and on during a workout without the weights falling off the holders or raking your knuckles across the other dumbbells? Just want to buy the right one the first time.

Thanks.

I KNOW I can. I KNOW I can.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:56 PM
Cathlete

Tracy Are those Brussels Griffons in your avatar?

Jean
Old 02-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Cathlete
tsagona's Profile Fields

Yes Jean. I just love Brussels Griffons. Do you have them too?

I KNOW I can. I KNOW I can.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:34 AM
Cathlete
Jenniferlove's Profile Fields

Cute dogs!

I don't know which weight rack you are tired of but if you can get a Cathe-style one that would be awesome. I would love that one but it's not a possibility for me.

However, I'm pretty happy with my two A-frame cap dumbbell rack. One is tall and white, holds weights 5#s to 20#s.
Then I have a short and black A-frame cap dumbbell rack that holds weights 25-40#.

The small one sits right in front of the tall one - it works perfectly for me.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsagona View Post
I need to get a dumbbell rack. I really like the one like cathe has in her videos.....it stands more vertical and takes up less room than the ones that are more horizontal. Anyone have one they like. Easy to get the weights off and on during a workout without the weights falling off the holders or raking your knuckles across the other dumbbells? Just want to buy the right one the first time.

Thanks.
Hi not sure if you bought one yet but I just upgraded mine to the Apex Deluxe 3 tier rack. I got it from amazon for $87 with free shipping. I like the horizontal because it's better for my back. I put my 30's and 35 lb DBs on the middle rack and 20 and 25's on the top and small weights on the bottom. No bending to get the heavier weights. However it doesn't fit DB's less than 8 lbs. they don't lay right in the racks . Chris
Old 02-14-2013, 01:40 PM
Cathlete
DebbieH's Profile Fields

Quote:

Thanks.
Tracy, here is the one my husband & I have. It is very similar to Cathe's. We never have problems with dropping the weights or banging our knuckles at all! They've worked out very well.

Body Solid GDR44 Vertical Dumbbell Rack

DBRack1.jpg

DBRack2.jpg

Last edited by DebbieH; 02-14-2013 at 01:42 PM..
Old 02-14-2013, 01:50 PM
Cathlete

The one Cathe uses is the York 2-sided rack. Perform better.com carries them. You can probably find other outlets, too.

Sent from my iPad using CatheForum
Old 02-14-2013, 02:04 PM
Cathlete

Quote:
Yes Jean. I just love Brussels Griffons. Do you have them too?
Sorry it took so long for my reply.
Yes I have a female who is 12 yrs old. She is a wonderful dog. I got her from the Animal Shelter. I have had her for 8 years. She is my best dog.

Jean
Old 02-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Cathlete
Jenniferlove's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyderca View Post
Hi not sure if you bought one yet but I just upgraded mine to the Apex Deluxe 3 tier rack. I got it from amazon for $87 with free shipping. I like the horizontal because it's better for my back. I put my 30's and 35 lb DBs on the middle rack and 20 and 25's on the top and small weights on the bottom. No bending to get the heavier weights. However it doesn't fit DB's less than 8 lbs. they don't lay right in the racks . Chris
Just looked it up - very nice!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:17 AM
DeCathelete
fit_fairy's Profile Fields

I just got the one like Cathe has. Got it from Amazon.com. I love it. For years I've wanted one and finally I have it
Jenniferlove likes this.