Dumbbell rack

tsagona

Cathlete
I need to get a dumbbell rack. I really like the one like cathe has in her videos.....it stands more vertical and takes up less room than the ones that are more horizontal. Anyone have one they like. Easy to get the weights off and on during a workout without the weights falling off the holders or raking your knuckles across the other dumbbells? Just want to buy the right one the first time.

Thanks.

Cute dogs!

I don't know which weight rack you are tired of but if you can get a Cathe-style one that would be awesome. I would love that one but it's not a possibility for me.

However, I'm pretty happy with my two A-frame cap dumbbell rack. One is tall and white, holds weights 5#s to 20#s.
Then I have a short and black A-frame cap dumbbell rack that holds weights 25-40#.

The small one sits right in front of the tall one - it works perfectly for me.

I need to get a dumbbell rack. I really like the one like cathe has in her videos.....it stands more vertical and takes up less room than the ones that are more horizontal. Anyone have one they like. Easy to get the weights off and on during a workout without the weights falling off the holders or raking your knuckles across the other dumbbells? Just want to buy the right one the first time.

Thanks.

Hi not sure if you bought one yet but I just upgraded mine to the Apex Deluxe 3 tier rack. I got it from amazon for $87 with free shipping. I like the horizontal because it's better for my back. I put my 30's and 35 lb DBs on the middle rack and 20 and 25's on the top and small weights on the bottom. No bending to get the heavier weights. However it doesn't fit DB's less than 8 lbs. they don't lay right in the racks . Chris

Thanks.

Tracy, here is the one my husband & I have. It is very similar to Cathe's. We never have problems with dropping the weights or banging our knuckles at all! They've worked out very well.

Body Solid GDR44 Vertical Dumbbell Rack

DBRack1.jpg

DBRack2.jpg

Last edited:
The one Cathe uses is the York 2-sided rack. Perform better.com carries them. You can probably find other outlets, too.

Sent from my iPad using CatheForum

Hi not sure if you bought one yet but I just upgraded mine to the Apex Deluxe 3 tier rack. I got it from amazon for $87 with free shipping. I like the horizontal because it's better for my back. I put my 30's and 35 lb DBs on the middle rack and 20 and 25's on the top and small weights on the bottom. No bending to get the heavier weights. However it doesn't fit DB's less than 8 lbs. they don't lay right in the racks . Chris

Just looked it up - very nice!

I just got the one like Cathe has. Got it from Amazon.com. I love it. For years I've wanted one and finally I have it :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.