Dave's self tanning Question

chefling

Cathlete
Hi to all Dave fans,

I'm the poster who was having trouble with Paypal when ordering Dave's tanner. I've finally got all that straightened out and now my question is how long?

The reason I ask is that I bought a bottle for my DNL for her birthday and we celebrate this Sunday. Do you think there is any chance in getting it before then? I purchased it off ebay and paid it with PalPal just 2 minutes ago? I bought sunglasses, hat & beach towel to wrap up with it and was thinking maybe I should return these and find something else and just give her the tanner in the 'by the way' department rather than birthday. What do you think?

TIA

Hi Carol,

Could you maybe print up a photo of the tanner bottle from their website and wrap it with the other goodies, with a note that the actual bottle is on its way? I've done that before when a gift hasn't arrived in time, and it's worked out alright.

What a cute gift idea!:)

What a clever idea! How about some Sunblock lip balm? I agree that putting a pic in is a great idea! I've also done that before. Let us know what she says! CUTE idea!!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

I got mine quickly. anyone else having problems getting it to go natural looking on there hands. I cant seem to get it to go on smoothly, I have marks but just on my hands., havent had problems with applying anywhere else.

I got mine very quickly too, so don't be surprised if you get it in time. I think your idea is super, and shows a lot of thought and care!
Lynn

>I got mine quickly. anyone else having problems getting it to
>go natural looking on there hands. I cant seem to get it to go
>on smoothly, I have marks but just on my hands., havent had
>problems with applying anywhere else.

Laura - no luck on my hands either. It looks great everywhere (face, legs, arms, shoulders) but the hands look like crud. The inside of my wrists are pretty awful right now too, lol. I'm going to try reapplying tonight and then slathering with lotion right afterwards and see if that smooths things out. I seem to have more problems when I do not do lotion right afterwards.

Thanks for the ideas and the responses. She's very fair skinned and doesn't tan well so I think she will like it and won't mind waiting for it. I'm still crossing my fingers that it makes it though. :)

Mostly I just feel very lucky to have heard about it. I can't wait to try it myself.

hands are tricky. what i do is after i apply it to my entire body i wash my palms for 1 min with a face wash (clean and clear) the AHA in it and the microbeads really gets the tanner off my hands. Then, i put a small drop on the back of my hands and i rub the back of my hands together. i then take a moist makeup sponge and rub it across my knuckles and the bony prominances on my wrists or any area that tends to absorb tanner easily. my hands come out perfect. hope this helps.

Ok, my hands worked a little better this time. ;) I think it just takes practice.

So now that I'm "even", I'm having another little issue I'm wondering if anyone else has had. My skin is burning! Last night I laid down for bed and it felt like I was laying on wool - you know that icky prickly feeling when wool hits bare skin? Anyways, I ended up changing my pajama top and then the skin started burning and the area around my neck began burning. I couldn't see anything in the mirror - no rash or anything. Today if I scratch my arm, back, neck, etc... it starts burning really bad again. I'm wondering if maybe I just need to not use it as often and this is just a minor reaction? I'll lay off a week and see what happens the next time I use it. Seems like there is always something. :( I really like the color and all, so hopefully my skin can take a once a week application.

i didn't notice any burning. I have used it three days in a row. hmmm...maybe using it a bit less would help? that's weird that there's no rash.

i am LOVING this product and was even asked if i went to the islands for spring break!!! the color is awesome! i tried the hand thing and it workd but my big problem is my feet. i can't seem to get it even around the toes. i want to wear sandals, etc. but i have white toes (even though i put the stuff on all around my toes).

any advice?

Hey guys! I haven't had any problems at all, either. In fact, I'm telling EVERYBODY I KNOW about it! lol I just applied again last night and it went on MUCh better this second time. I took the suggestion of putting it on, letting it dry for 2 minutes, then applying regular lotion all over to kind of smooth it out! I LOVE IT!!!!!

Gayle

Lorie - I've been using it about 3 weeks now. I didn't notice any bad burning until last night. Now that I think back though, I did notice some of the tingling on my back in the car on the way to work the past 2 weeks, but I do wear a wool jacket, so I blamed it on the wool. I'm hoping using it less helps, cuz' I do like the color and i do not want to go back to being white again :(.

For the feet, you could apply it like you have been and then as soon as it dries rub lotion all over your feet. I think that fills everything well. You can also take Kariev's suggestion and go ahead and apply it directly to the knuckles/toes, but use a sponge to blot it off the areas that will most likely take darker if you leave it there. I kind of combined both techniques and it seemed to work better for my hands.

another great hand and foot technique is to buy L'Oreal's sublime gradual in the spray and lightly mist the tops of your hands and feet. it works well. are you guys using daves as your sole tanning source or do some of you have a real tan from being outdoors with sunscreen or the tanning salon??

so far, the only color i'm getting is from dave's. now that the weather is finally getting warmer, i am sure i will end up getting some color from doing more outdoors (mowing, swimming, walking with the pups, etc.). what are you doing , kariev?

>so far, the only color i'm getting is from dave's. now that
>the weather is finally getting warmer, i am sure i will end up
>getting some color from doing more outdoors (mowing, swimming,
>walking with the pups, etc.). what are you doing , kariev?

i use daves and always apply an spf 15 or 30 when outdoors depending on how long i'm going to be outside. i get color through the sunscreen so i guess i use both daves and natural sunlight.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.