Moves you don't look graceful doing

Beaner

There are just some moves that I look downright goofy doing - for one the Podamoran(spelling) in Cardio and Weights and the cha-cha's on the step. I'm hoping that the fitter I get, the more graceful the moves will become.

Anybody else feel they look goofy doing certain moves?

Ellie

My DH says I always look goofy when working out ;) But yes, I would HATE to see my uncoordinated self on film doing any Cathe workout-I guess that's part of the reason I don't workout in public other than the basic run/walk.:)

Great thread, Wendy

Any and all of the kickboxing moves. I know I look like a complete spaz doing them! Glad I don't have a mirror in my living room.

Ever watch Brenda in the CTX Kickboxing workout? I think that's probably how I look. I'd like to look like Jai or Lorraine. Those ladies look like they could do some damage in a fight.

Ha! Ha! I have this really big flat screen tv and sometimes I can see my reflection in it while I'm working out. Oh, and the window to the side of me also gives me a good look at myself and pushes me to try to "un-dork" myself. ;o)
This morning it was the "superjig" and "strike a pose" on Step Pump Jump. I'm trying to look "cute" like Cathe and Crew. ;o)

HOWEVER, my 14 yr old neighbor got caught watching me the other day. Not sure if he's getting an eyeful of a mom in workout clothes or a good laugh.

For me its the "tuck jumps" in the 10th interval of IMax and those Plie Jumping jacks in Imax 2.. so NOT pretty!!

I don't know how Cathe and crew can get so high in the air like that and still look so graceful!

Lynn M.

Ellie, I think the "tap dance" move on top of the step is definitely my dorky move. If that isn't bad enough I am wearing BLACK shoes with white sox that makes me loook reeeal good! :7
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

YEAH! The "strike a pose" - forgot about that one! I feel like a major loser doing that and hope my husband never happens to walk by while I'm pretending to be 007.

Great Thread!

I like the comment from Amy B. about "un-dorking" herself. I feel the same way when catching a glimpse of myself in an unflattering/dorky pose.

The most dorky moves for me are:

-- "strike a pose" in SJP: I just cannot bring myself to do this one.
-- football run with bicep flurry in KPC: Butt flopping bothers me, and there's just no way to keep my butt from flopping when doing this move.
-- "funk the arms" in Step Heat (I think). I just appear to be flailing...nothing funky about it.
-- Pikes on the ball: I strain so hard that I look as if I'm going to pop a vessel at any moment...then dismounting off the ball never goes well either.

Oh I'm sure there are more, especially in some of the older videos. Anytime the arms get complicated...I'm an instant dork.

Shonie

LOL..This thread is too funny :7 !! For me it's definitely those windmills in KPC..man I look like an a** when I do those.

Aila:)

It is the "tap dance" for me also. I just can't get that down. And I'm sure I look just lovely when I'm doing crunches "froggy style." :)Not very long ago I was doing Firm Yoga and my son said he was going to have the camara ready next time I do it. I'm not familiar with yoga moves, but I was lying on my back with my knees to my chest and the palms of my hands on bottom of my feet. I was supposed to be doing a gentle rocking motion, but it never fails I almost roll completely over to my side every time.

LOL!!! THANK you for mentioning the "flopping" in the football run/bicep flurry move in KPC! I always feel like a bowl full of jello. No amount of spandex can keep it still!

I'm with all of you on the "strike a pose" move.

I can tell you without a doubt, there is nothing "angelic" about how I look doing flying angels. It's more like a "flailing angel" (and once, because I was trying to see if Cathe's feet were doing what my feet were doing, and not paying attention to my own step - it was almost a "fallen angel"):7

Come to think of it, I probably look like a complete dork doing most of it. But the bottom line is I sweat, and have a great time, so whatcha gonna do. ;-)

You ladies are too funny. I am laughing a LITTLE LOUDER than I should be at the office.

Although I don't what either you look like in person, just visualizing a body doing these moves is the funniest thing.

Haydee

For me, it would probably be easier to list the moves where I DON'T look like a dork, since there are so few of them!

I'm a clumsy spaz with back kicks in kickboxing. Flying angles and windmills are quite "flattering" for me as well.

Shelbygirl

Huh, I can't see myself, but I know that the airborne jacks in IMAX 2, can't look good! Especially because I'm soo tired at that point, I can barely muster the strength to do regular jacks, much less airborne jacks. I'm pretty sure I look like a fish flopping my legs around at that point! Ha, ha!

Kathy

Ellie, FUNNY thread!

Well, my list is long, but I'll just choose a few of the more GLARING stand-outs. :)

Super-jig (I look absolutely frighteningly ridiculous trying this. If I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror I'm a lost cause for five minutes.)

Peg-leg pivot (The name makes me feel like an extra in a bad pirate movie -- I have to avoid looking at myself on this too, or I'm sure I'd start yelling "AHOY, YE BUCKOS!!" at the top of my lungs.)

Flying angels (As BreckGirl so aptly said, these are Flailing Angels around my workout room. Truly scary to watch. I've fallen off the step I don't even know how many times!)

Strike a pose (I never even attempted this -- I knew better. ;-))

Pony up/run down (I have NO idea why I can't do this without looking like a complete geek, because I actually am a pretty good dancer and fairly rhythmic and coordinated. Except not on this move, apparently.)

Last but certainly not least -- Genie hops (While Cathe and crew stand still and smile, I am ALL over the floor on this, and usually after a couple of sets I'm wildly flinging my arms around trying to avoid falling over completely. I'm sure the expression on my face is, er, not a smile at that point.)

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/spezial/spudniks/spudniklifter.gif

I won't touch "strike a pose" with a ten foot pole either!;-) And I NEVER do the "party arms" in Powermax - even when I'm all alone I try to avoid doing something that I know I just can't pull off without looking like Megadork.

YES...I forgot about the "party arms"! I actually scratched my face once trying to do these. Can you imagine how out-of-control that party must have been?

Shonie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.