Do you work out exclusively with Cathe?

lax lover2

Cathlete
I was just wondering this as a follow up to the "DO you have ALL of Cathe's workouts".
Being fairly new to Cathe, I am slowly acquiring her workout thanks to everyone's input here. But I find it hard right now to work out to anyone but Cathe (except I try to do some yoga on a off day). I was wondering what everyone else did, and who else they work out to or if they go to a gym, how often vs working out at home.

I only do Cathe. I would do others, if there were anything out there that compared to her. So far, she has spoiled me rotten and I can't make myself do other videos.

In terms of land cardio at home, all I do is Cathe, and in all honesty it's getting harder and harder to keep the cardio intensity challenging even with Cathe DVD premixes! She wasn't kidding when she said in I-Max 1's intro, "As you get stronger and stronger you can go longer and longer, not only through this workout but all your other workouts."

I "do my own thing" as far as weight training goes (with the exception of Cathe circuit workouts) and I teach a high-intensity aqua class twice a week, but other than that it's Cathe all the way. Like Jillybean, I want to fold in some jogging or running (I'm a total beginner at those!) this spring if this freakin' snow would ever melt.

A-Jock

I do mostly Cathe now. I have lots of Firm workouts that I throw in every now and then when I want something "lighter" or when I'm pressed for time. I also have one beginning weight lifting tape that I keep for days when I can't breathe because of chronic sinus infections--it is very basic with no jumping/aerobics whatsoever...a very gentle tape. Overall, I just love the way Cathe presents her workouts. She is tough, fun and her form is unbelievable, so I'm kind of in a Cathe place right now! :)

No, I don't do Cathe exclusively. For weight work, I do about 75% Cathe, and 25% a mix of others (Slim Series, the new Tracie Long's, Firm, Kathy Smith, odds and ends of different instructors). FOr cardio, it's about 25% Cathe (most of her new step is too torquey for my knees). The other 75% is various kickboxing (Powerstrike, Tae Bo), step (Gin Miller, CIA) spinning and rebounding.

I love Cathe, but I think there is definitely a benefit to mixing things up. I try to keep to 100 workout videos/DVD's, but it often gets above that.

Cathe is my favorite instructor, but I like doing other workouts as well. My favorite cardio activities are running and spinning. I run outdoors and have a spinning bike and use Spinervals videos. I also like using Powerstrike videos for kickboxing and I usually add on the drills from Cardio Kicks. For strength, I do mostly Cathe, but I do a lot of my own strength work and also like CIA 2102 Powerbar Training.

I used to jump rope and use my slide a lot, but haven't in a while. I enjoy those activities as well. I don't belong to a gym, but would like to for the variety of equipment.

Erica

I have only been using Cathe for three months, I received a step with the Allstep tape for xmas, thought I could never do it and now I just love it , then I bought the Body Blast series I have been using them for 2 months and love them and now the Intensity's are on their way. Last week I tried doing my firms and I just could not do them I would do one for a few minutes pull it out put another one in and so on finally I put in a Cathe and was able to be motivated to work out. So I sold my fanny lifter and 20+ tapes and now I have more money to buy the preorder and high step so as far as tapes go I will only be using Cathe. I love the step and to think 8 weeks ago I thought there was no way I would ever be able to do allstep or Stepblast and now I know them by heart! I work out at home only 6 days. We have a weight machine/gym that I use from time to time but find I push myself harder trying to keep up with Cathe than I do on my own.

I started all Cathe workouts about 4 weeks ago. I love the challenge. I love my Firms and will probably never sell them. Only two still challenge me, but, I can make it all the way through them. They are fun for me and hold sentimental value.

Whereas with Cathe's, there's only three that I can do all the way through. I love the new challengs of Cathe's workouts. She's a tough cookie. I like having one instructor all the time and when I grow up, I want to be like her.

No, I do not. I use some of my old favorite Firms every once in a while, and recently have begun using Tracie Long Productions's functional fitness workouts as well, and I really like them! I do Cathe's workouts more than any others, but I like to alternate types of workouts and instructors so my workout routines stay fresh and balanced. Each of them has their own unique style, and I like the variety.

Carol
:)

I'm about 85% Cathe for my home workouts. I have two old Firm tapes - Sculpted Buns Hips & Thighs and Tough Tape - that make an occasional appearance, as well as Gin Miller's interval tape and a Kathy Smith beginner kickboxing DVD.

Outside of home, I run sometimes - looking forward to starting again when spring arrives - and I go to Pilates classes twice a week.

Allison

I do about 90% Cathe. The only nonCathe workout I still even own is Gin Miller's Intense Moves. I got rid of all my Firms and actually, all my easier Cathes. I do run some, use my Airdyne for a workout although I usually ride while I watch a Cathe, and take the occasional spinning class, as well as cross-country skiing and biking when I'm on vacation. I'd say 9 out of 10 workouts are Cathe.

I alternate between Cathe & Mindy.On lighter days I use Gilad & Janis Saffell.I feel it is important to have variety & not get accustomed to one style of working out.Cathe is one of the best & definetly best production.I do find Mindy is as intense if not more in my opion on her cardio workouts.
Cheers
Ki

Almost exclusively. I have so many of her workouts now. The odd time I would throw in Firm vol.1 and CAWT. I get Yoga from Kest and Core from Stott Pilates but other than that it's all Cathe. The next few months though it will be the Treadmill for cardio. I just finished 2 months of BB! I love that series.

No, but it's about 95%. I, too, recently bought Tracie Long Productions' new functional fitness videos like Carol, and I like the two I've done but don't love them. They were the first non-Cathe tapes I'd bought in five years. I now own Cathe's whole collection. If she creates it I'll buy it. I'm happily obsessed. ;-)

For weight work, I do exclusively Cathe. For cardio, I do Cathe with a little of my elliptical trainer, recumbent bike, treadmill and Nordic Track built in for variety. I also like to walk with my girlfriends when the weather's nice -- our neighborhood is hilly and we can do a nice circuit of almost 5 miles. But I don't ever count the walks as aerobic -- just recreational. :)

I am trying out some yoga right now, too, courtesy of my friend Bobbi's loan of a tape. Might just invest in a few more of these -- I really need the flexibility training.

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/spezial/spudniks/spudniklifter.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.