Is the crew happy?

Cruncholi

Cathlete
Is it me or does the crew in the BB series seem less happy and perky than in past videos/series, especially Cedie? Other than that, I love this new series.

I noticed that too but did not say anything, lest anyone take it personal.

http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/lol2.gif[/img]http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/lol2.gif[/img]http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/lol2.gif[/img]Blessings from our home to yours...Runathon http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/l

That's cuz they're making her modify everything and she doesn't want to look weak. She wants to show off her strength!

Just kidding, in case someone thinks I mean it.

They look fine to me.

>Is it me or does the crew in the BB series seem less happy
>and perky than in past videos/series, especially Cedie? Other
>than that, I love this new series.

I noticed this too. I thought Jai looked straight up bored during the step workouts.

I didn't really notice that. Maybe I should look harder.:)

I do Step Blast pretty often. I think they all look fine there. I did L&G for the first time last week, and all I could look at was Cathe as I huffed and puffed while she was going, "The next exercise is..." and "We're doing one more set..." Man, she never gets tired...

Last night I did those KPC combos. I love following Lorraine. I know she's really concentrating and working hard, but it never struck me that she seemed less happy.

Pinky

I would guess it's pretty hard to smile throughout a workout. Being the geek I am, I actually try it from time to time and last about 3 minutes.:)

I was thinking the same thing Susan. It's hard to smile when you're working so hard. :) They are concentrating!!! :p

I thought the same thing. Cedie just didn't look happy in a big part of it. I don't know why, but I have an active imagination. It may have something to do with the fact that they had her dress differently than everyone else? Why? I think she is so beautiful and she is honestly the one that I watch in EVERY Cathe workout I have. I don't watch Cathe or the others, I just keep my eyes on Cedie. I want to reach into the TV every time I see her looking unhappy and tell her how wonderful I think she is and how much of an inspiration she is to me.

Bummer about videos is that you can't do that, and their mood never changes.

Trying to smile while you workout

From time to time I catch a glimpse of my face in the mirror while I'm in mid-workout. I usually am focusing on the TV screen or in the mirror for form on whatever part I'm working -- rarely am I deliberately looking at my face, and that's a good thing. Not a pretty sight, lemme tell ya. We're talking the Face of Pain & Exertion here. The very model. Heck, the Cindy Crawford of Pain. So then I'll think "Yegads, I look like I'm dyin' here when I feel fine, just a little winded, that's all" and I then try to smile like Cathe and Crew -- I'll concentrate on making the next move OH SO MUCH FUN. For example, I'll just try flying over the length of the board with a happy little clap-clap-clap, just oh so light on my feet. Uh-huh. As you say, this lasts about three minutes, and in all honesty when I catch a glimpse of my "flying over the board" self, I'm smiling the kind of smile my 8th grader gives the school photographer -- do you know the kid-school-photo smile? Looks more like a chimpanzee examining its teeth in the mirror. Oh my! :)

I do love my workouts, but you would NEVER know it to watch me!!! :)

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/spezial/spudniks/spudniklifter.gif

Cedie always dresses differently than everyone else, preferring longer tops and shorts. She is very beautiful!

I could be waaaay off base here, but after the Intensity Series there were some folks here and at VF who complained about some of the whooping in the background on that series...(which really doesn't bother me since in that series I have the music up anyway and unless it is just overly obnoxious, I don't hear it - sometimes I'm even doing it!). Perhaps they were overly trying to keep themselves down to little or no response. I thought Cathe seemed a bit distracted in these videos since several times she doesn't introduce the crew at the beginning. Plus it was summer and who wants to be inside a hot studio when you could be outside playing?

I challenge anyone here to make believe they are being filmed and see how long they can keep smiling during weight work..I bet its tougher than it looks!

BTW,when I first previewed the workouts, I thought that less smiles from Cedie must mean harder work!!!

I was also thinking that maybe they were trying to keep from getting too excited because a lot of people didn't like the whooping in the Intensity Series?

I think Cedie is just concentrating. Don't forget that we all rely on her to count the reps for us! A lot of times it looks like she is just counting the reps. Helen

I think Gibbe is right in her reply - for that is the first thing I noticed when I got the BB Series - that Cedie didn't whoop or look excited! Well, I am sure she had to subdue herself to not do that since she is so used to doing so!

When I am into a workout and I am absolutely loving it - I whoop and yell - which is a compliment. If I felt I couldn't do that I would definitely look down. I really liked hearing Cedie do that for I knew she really enjoyed herself!

I really have missed that - but so many people complained about it from the last series - that I am sure it was taken to heart. For they do not want to offend anyone - but no matter what they do they will never please everyone.

I would definitely vote for her to whoop it up on the next series!

Cheryl

I find it fascinating what every one pays attention to...I never notice things like that, I'm usually focused on Cathe, my form, and getting a good workout!

Jo

I'm with you Jo....never noticed myself. I would hate to trip on my step or something....:)....yes, kidding...Carole

I didn't notice them being any less happy at all -- Lorraine gets a "working hard" look on her face often on KPC, but that just motivated me more. Isn't there even one where Brenda throws her head back and laughs (I think when Cathe says something about "I know what they're thinking -- I worked them real hard in rehearsal" -- was this in PP or SS?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.