Is the crew happy?

Watch Cedie and Brenda in some of the weight videos. When it gets hard and is burning, they look at each other like they are in pain and grin. Their reactions are like mine at those parts!

I have to agree with the posters who said that Cedie most likely subdued herself because of the complaints that were voiced after the Intensity Series.

I didn't realize there was so MUCH whooping in the Intensity series until I read this thread. I always thought, especially in Pyramids, that there was some noise in the background (not from the crew behind Cathe, but those I don't see onscreen) but that never really bothered me. Those workouts are so tough I have to shut out everything else to get through them.:)

Pinky

I noticed whooping in the intensity series but I am use to it now and I don't hear it anymore.There are just as many people around here who love whopping as there are people who don't like whopping.I don't see why she would be asked to give it up.
But at the sametime I didn't really notice that they were less happy.I am to busy thinking about the sweat thats on the tips of my eyelashes...that TOTALLY bugs me.
Lori:)

I am always astounded at their composure. Yesterday I was doing PUB, I was carrying on like a maniac by the end of each set and loudly too. I am particularly crazy about Cedie and I often watch her during the workouts because her smile has been a pleasure since I discovered Cathe in the Collage catalogue. I definitely watch the crew as well as Cathe.

I think they are still happy. I feel hey are very intent on working out hard and sticking the routines. I could not do what they do. I am not only loud, I make monsterous faces! :)

Bobbi "Chick's rule!" http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif

I was one who was frankly annoyed by the whooping in Boot Camp. It wasn't it's mere existance that annoyed me, but the fact that it seemed like a mike was really close to Cedie, so it picked up on it. I don't think the background exercisers should be "whoopless" to the point of paranoia, but I do appreciate that it is kept "in the background."

There was a thread at VF a while ago about, especially, Cedie's more serious demeanor. I frankly didn't think she seemed sad or anything, just a bit more serious than usual.

These workouts are filmed in the space of a few days, so the serious looks could be fatigue, or something else that is going on in people's lives (which we should not speculate on!).

Compared to the exercisers in Karen Voight's earlier workouts (and Karen herself), everybody looks frankly jovial!

I also notice that Jai looks like step is NOT her favorite thing in the world. But hey, more power to them for putting themselves out there for our critiques! Lord only know the things that would be said about me! ;-)

Nadine

~~Happiness is an Attitude~~

This post is addressed to everyone:

1. It amazes me the things people worry about and speculate on, especially when they have absolutely no first-hand knowledge of what they're speculating about. Does anyone on here actually KNOW Cathe's crew in person? I know I don't, and so I wouldn't even attempt to speculate or guess what any of them were thinking or feeling while filming any of the series.

2. Cedie does not ALWAYS wear different things. I can think of quite a few videos where she and Brenda or someone else are dressed the same. Go and take another look.

3. Have any of you ever gone through the training and time and effort it must take to film a workout series? I know I haven't, and I can't even imagine what it would take out of me. I'm AMAZED at Cathe AND her crew for doing what they do!! I watch all of them, but especially Cathe, Cedie and Brenda. I don't watch them to try and guess what they're thinking. I watch them for form and for inspiration. I don't have a mirror in the room where I workout, but I'm sure if I did I would never in a million years look as polished and perfect as those ladies do!! Whatever they are thinking, they inspire me and help me get through the workouts, each and every time.

4. I LOVE Cedie's whooping in Boot Camp and the rest of the Intensity series! Boot Camp was the first tape I did in the Intensity series, and I was still VERY new to Cathe when I did it. My daughter and I did it together, and we just fell in love with Cedie! We cracked up every time she whooped!! I still love that tape, and I watch Cedie all the way through it. Her enthusiasm is catching, and I'm grateful she is so vocal!

5. I hope no one takes offense at this post (but I'm sure someone will), but I really think if you have time to nit-pick the workouts like this, you're either bored with them, or need to concentrate more on your form or something.

6. The workout videos I've owned in the past where everyone has a ridiculous smile plastered on their face the entire time always struck me as fake and contrived. One of the reasons I love Cathe and her crew so much is because they are REAL. I feel as though I'm right there with them, sweating and in pain.

7. That being said, if you want Hollywood smiles and happy faces, there are tapes out there like that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I buy a tape to WORKOUT. Not to worry about what the crew is thinking.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.

Carol
:)

I am relaxed. But I think the people who worry about what someone is thinking on a workout video need to find something better to do. Just my opinion of course ...

Thank you for worrying about the state of my mental health. I do appreciate it.

Carol

But Carol, you say that you watch Cedie all the way through, and that you find her enthusiasm catching, and you enjoy her smile, and liked her whooping in Boot Camp. Isn't that paying as much attention to detail as someone who notices a lack of smile/less smiling and a lack of whooping? I really don't think that anyone was nit-picking, they were just commenting on something they observed. I certainly didn't take it a criticism, just as observation. Also, no one said they wanted everyone to have smiles plastered on their faces. They simply noticed that some of the cast memebers don't look as smiley as they have in the past. I noticed this as well, and judging from the amount of people who noticed it, it was something that actually exists in the Body Blast series. Why is that bad? It is simply an observation and a curiousity, which is natural for people to feel.

Wendy

Carol, you must understand that some of us have been with the crew for so many years they are like dear friends. I think Cathe's workouts are so much more thatn mere workouts. And there's no harm in speculating. I watch the crew for form and because I find them facinating. And isn't that why they are in the background? I must say I was taken aback by the vehemence of your post. We are expressing our opinions, are we not? The ones we are entitled to. You are giving me a negative vibe, man!

Bobbi, I meant absolutely no vehemence in my post. In fact, although you couldn't possibly know this, I was not angry when I wrote it, and I'm not angry now. It was my OPINION, just like everyone else's on here. Am I not just as entitled to it??? Apparently not. I'm really very offended that everyone else can come on here and give their opinions about everything from boob size to how often someone has sex, and yet when I come on here and offer my own insight into something, people are taken aback. Good grief. I was expressing an OPINION. If some of us are not allowed to do that, then maybe you all should start a thread, letting everyone know who can, and who can't. It will make it easier for the newbies.

Carol

It's not bad. It was my OPINION. I, however, am apparently not allowed to express one on here. Whatever. Thanks for the insight. I appreciate it.

Carol

Thank you ... but beware ... the flames may fall off me onto you.

Carol

I'm a major league lurker here and have learned so much from everyone on the boards. That being said, every so often I'm mystified how someone can say something and another person will respond w/ a disagreeing opinion and everyone has to get their 2 cents in. (And here I am now, I know!).

I really think it's a "woman thing". We tend to get so invested emotionally in everything we do and everyone wants their word to be the last one. Sometimes a thread takes an unintentional ugly turn and it's hard to remember what the original topic was.

Cathe has, over the years, put out consistently better and better workouts in terms of quality, options etc. Threads like this must make her want to tear her hair out.
Valerie

I doubt it. Cathe's an adult. In reality, there's always going to be a little strife and we have to accept that and I know that we should all "be the better man" so to speak but that's unrealistic too. I feel the hand ringers who always try to smooth things over often make them worse. There's a difference of opinion. There are differences of opinion among my family, among my friends and they are going to happen here. We are going to express ourselves, sometimes positively and sometimes negatively because, we get mad, we get irritated and 10 thousand other emotions. It's ok. We are human. And you know what, we will all get over it because it's really only a silly little argument and I have way more important things going on. I felt like responding and I did. I responded honestly. It's a good thing. Really. Life is not a lovefest and it would be boring if it were. There's no harm here. Don't take it so seriously. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.