INTENSE WORKOUTS

P

PALJANIE

HI CATHE- I CAN'T PRAISE YOU ENOUGH FOR THE TOUGH WORKOUTS YOU HAVE GIVEN TO ME ! I HAVE BEEN WORKING OUT FOR ABOUT 15 YRS; I WAS A FITNESS COMPETITOR WHEN I WAS IN MY TWENTIES, I AM A PERSONAL TRAINER, MARATHONER,RN , AND FITNESS IS JUST MY LIFE....SO TO FINALLY GET A WORKOUTS THAT PUSH ME TO MY LIMITS HAS BEEN RENEWING.
HERE IS THE PROBLEM- I WAS SO EXCITED WHEN YOU CAME OUT WITH A NEW CATHE VIDEO- RYTHMIC STEP. BUT IS JUST WASN'T HARD AND I AM SO SAD. DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER VIDEOS COMING OUT THAT COMPARE TO THE INTENSITY OF INTERVAL MAX OR MAXIMUM INTENSITY ? PLEASE SAY YES ! YOUR WORKOUTS ARE FANTASTIC AND EXCITING - ON MY OFF DAYS FROM RUNNING I AM SO PUMPED TO WORKOUT WITH YOU - -
WE JUST NEW AN UPDATED - HARD, HARD, HARD WORKOUT. ARE THERE ANY PLANS IN THE MAKING?
PLEASE CATHE- MY WORKOUT LIFE IS OVER ....HA HA... JUST KIDDING
HAVE A GREAT DAY! JANIE

Isn't Cathe the greatest!
By the way, it's considered bad etiquette on the internet to write using all caps. Not only is it hard to read (I tend to skip messages in all caps), but you can't EMPHASIZE specific words when you want (like that!) and it can LOOK LIKE YOU'RE ALWAYS SHOUTING (see what I mean).

WHAT A SHAME THAT I GO ONLINE FOR A BIT OF FUN AND RELAXATION AND SOMEBODY TAKES IT UPON THEMSELVES TO TEACH ME AN "ETIQUETTE" LESSON. I AM INTERESTED IN WORKOUTS AND FITNESS HINTS AND DIDN'T KNOW I HAD TO WORRY ABOUT IF I WAS "DOING IT RIGHT".
DID I GET A FAILING GRADE?

P.S. I AM WAITING FOR A NEW KEYBOARD- MY CAP LOCK BUTTON IS NOT FUNCTIONING APPROPRIATELY AS YOU CAN SEE.

I too was looking for something just as intense as Maximum Cardio and/or Interval Max. Rythmic Step is quite fun but just doesn't have that power of the other two. I've tried other instructors , and yes, they may be hard but they cannot compare to Cathe's style. Since Cathe is pregnant now, it just doesn't look like we'll be getting a new video for awhile :) ...
I suggest trying heavy hands to add to the intensity- it works believe me!

P.S. Sorry you had an etiquette lesson. Your capital letters were fine by me. Keep stepping !!! :)

I don't post very often but I logon to this forum regularly because I've gained a lot of fitness and nutrition knowledge from this "educated crowd" - to quote Cathe. I'm also addicted to Cathe workouts but who isn't, right?;-)

I sincerely believe that most people on this forum are friendly, helpful, supportive, and sincere individuals. Being that's the case, I don't think Kathryn's reply to you regarding your caps lock was meant to be snooty or condescending in any way. I work in an Information Systems department and have found that people's knowledge of the internet and computers in general varies quite a bit. She was just trying to clue you in on something you may not have already known. Plain and simple. Please don't take offense or be turned off in any way.

Sue

Yes, Sue, you read me right.
I didn't mean to offend anyone. Sometimes written messages come off as being harsher than they are meant.

I am continuously surprised these days to read that people don't find Rhythmic Step that intense... I sweat more doing this tape than I do during Interval Max! (and I go all out on that tape, so it's not for lack of effort)

Is there anyone who *does* consider Rhythmic Step to be somewhat intense or at least quite sweat-producing? :) I'm a very advanced exerciser, but all the jumping and impact in this tape really get my heart pumping!

Oh, by the way, Cathe, I LOVE this tape!!
Amy S.

Yes, Amy, I think rythmic step is intense! Then again, I really sink low into those squats off the side. I think this routine is MENTALLY intense, because you have to pay attention at all times, or you'll get lost in the choreography (but then again I haven't done it enough to get all the choreography. I haven't really noticed a LOT of people saying it isn't intense...?

I find it intense

It's not IMax intense for me, but it's definitely on a level with Power Max and Step Fit. I'm always drenched in sweat when I finish it. I love it! I especially love the drop squats into the the pendulums and then drop squats into the cha chas across the board. Boy do my legs ever feel those! :) And they're so fun!! :)

ErinF

I find it intense too. Not a killer workout where I'm gasping for air, but a nice, consistent intensity level that keeps my heart rate up. I am really enjoying this video!
Erica

RE: I find it intense

I think Rythmic step is very intense! The thing about rythmic step is that you're having so much fun, you forget how hard you're working!!!When I do it, I'm having so much fun and I'm drenched in sweat! I love it!!!

Joi

I also LOVE Rhythmic step, and find it a refreshing change from the all out intensity of Interval Max, and even the Cross Training series have intervals and power 15's throughout. I think Cathe did a great job on giving us another great workout--one that keeps your heartrate in a 65 to 80 percent range, just where I want it. If I want to raise the intensity, it can be done very simply by adding more jumps, or squating deeper on the squats. I have had to stop myself from choosing it ever workout, I don't want to burn myself out on it, but tommorow is finally my Rhythmic step day! Thanks Cathe for great workouts. Diane

I find Rhythmic Step very intense in terms of the sweating I do. I don't think my heartbeat goes WAY,WAY UP like it does on IMAX and when I do MIC, but I like the steady and lengthy nature of RS. I think there's something to be said for being in your training zone for an extended period in terms of calorie-burning. I also just have so much fun with this routine. The only thing I miss is a longer cooldown at the end and find that I have to add something on--a bit more walking around and some abs work--before I shower, just because my body temp is up there.

Hi Kathryn,
Just wanted to send a note to you with my new keyboard in place. I hope this is better on your eyes since your tendency is to skip over notes that are capitalized. I have to tell you though, something that was mindless and fun is now a bit tedious for me. I now check my postings several times before sending them, and actually have decided not to send any of them because they "didn't sound right".
All I wanted was some computer friends who wanted to share some fitness tips with me.

Hi paljanie,

I lurk more than I post but I think that everyone on this forum would say to continue to post. I don't think you should get so upset by Kathryns comments. She was only trying to be helpful. Iam sure she didn't mean it as an attack just as an FYI. I certainly would want to be told if I was doing something that I shouldn't. I would accept the comments and move on.

Hey, Paljanie -

If you want intensity, I've been tracking my average heart rate, calories burned, etc. on a spreadsheet and I've found that MIC, IMAX, and Step Works are the most intense so far for me. I haven't tried Rhythmic Step yet so I can't compare this one yet. I also haven't tracked the Cross Train cardios individually but I'm sure they rank right up there! This morning I did CTX Kickbox cardio followed by MIC step. WOW! I burned 566 calories with an average BPM of 153 (130-165 is my range based on my resting heart rate of 59 - although lately I've measured it as low as 52). I know the calories are an approximation and I use it for comparison to see how hard I'm working out.

My recommendation: do back-to-back Cross Train cardios if you want more variety and intensity like MIC and IMAX. Believe me, any 2 of these done back-to-back (especially if you're brave enough to attempt an 8 inch step:-tired) is DEFINITELY intense (IMO).

Sue

Hey Everyone!

I think we should just all lighten up out there. I don't think
anyone was trying to hurt anyones feelings but just trying to
be helpful.

As for the new workout, I just love it and find myself sweating
just as much as any other tape. It was not suppose to be as intense as the interval tape but be added along side Power Max or Step Fit or any of the others. Like someone else said add more power or increase the height of the step.

Keep up the great work Cathe!

Although I cannot speak for her,I am pretty sure Cathe does not want her site full of the kind of nit picky cat fighting that is present in this thread. It's the exact reason why myself and others stopped posting regularly. Stick to fitness topics ladies!
Trevor

RE: Yes!

Hi Deb!
You're a sweetheart for saying that. :)
I am still around, just picking and choosing my posts more carefully. I posted the above from work where I had a bad day so I hope I wasn't too harsh. I've just seen this type of thing on here too many times and it gets old. Usually starts the same way......someone offers constructive criticism and it is taken the wrong way. I'll quote that guy from Tinseltown(L.A.) who the cops beat up....Rodney King -- "Can't we all just get along?"
lol!!!!
Trevor :) :-jumpy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.