Back after long absence question.

L

Lora

Hi Cathe and all,
I've mainly been running this spring and summer. But my body doesn't seem to like it. I've had knee, hip/groin problems and now my back is telling me to get back into me old step aerobic workouts. I've hesitated because I love the female fellowship (I run with a group). I will have to start posting and reading your forum again. I have missed you and everyone on it. Sounds like good things have been happening.

As I look at all the comments about the new CTX, I'm wondering if that might be the workout for me. It looks appealing because it looks like an entire package where at the end of the week I can feel assured I've hit all the bases. However I'm wondering if having 6 new tapes all at once to learn is a bit overwhelming. What do you gals think? Do you feel overloaded? Also will I need to buy heavier weights? Remember, its been along time since I did weights so I'm almost starting at ground zero in that department. I do have a set of 2-3-4-5# and a 7#er. I feel like my body really needs to get back into weights and stretching. My cardio is doing ok but my body doesn't move as well or feel as flexible. It feels old and brittle. I'm a 48 year old and would be very interested in that new forum they have proposed.

Thanks for your help. Lora

Hi Lora!

WELCOME BACK!! I can't give you any advice on the 6-pack yet as I ordered the DVD's and they have not been shipped yet. I would think that you could start the tapes w/o weights to get back into it if you are feeling "out of it". As Cathe always says, MODIFY, MODIFY, MODIFY!! I also am noticing changes lately in my body. I will be 48 in a couple of months, but I truly think that being consistent in your program is so important even if you need to modify. I also am interseted in the "Over 35" thread and hope that we can get it started soon. Anyway, I just wanted to welcome you back and maybe Cathe or someone could jump in here and give you more advice on starting back in!!

DebbieH

6-Pack

Hi Lora! Yes definitely order the 6 pack CTX tapes. The weights you have are fine. You do 30 min. of cardio a day followed by a body part. You'll have to purchase, however, a body bar for the Leaner Legs tape. We all use a barbell but since your new to weight training please get yourself a body bar. They come in different sizes: 9, 12 and 18. You decide after lifting each of these up which one would be best for you. The choreography in each tape is simple enough to get the first time around and with Cathe's impeccable cuing, you really can't mess up. I don't feel overloaded at all. Cathe's cut my bodyfat and I have more cuts in my arms now than before. Your going to be working your muscles in a completely different way so I would stick with the weights you have. Good luck! Kathy

Clearification on body bar.

Thank Kathy,
About the body bar, do I understand you right in that each bar weighs a different amount? How would one know what size to get if they couldn't find one to try out? I live out in the toolies and might not be able to find one except through the mail. Could I use my other weights till I get one. Could you give me an idea of how much they cost, and where to buy one. Thanks. Lora

P.S. Glad to hear that the CTX isn't too complex. Sounds like they have allot of varity, which is what I like.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.