Roadtrip Jitters

JessyS

I cannot believe the Roadtrip is only days away!! This is my first time attending and I am feeling both excited and nervous. I hope I can keep up!! :eek:

Jess

The only you need to worry about is having too much fun. Keeping up should not be a worry. First of all, your adrenaline will have you flying higher than you could imagine. Second, everyone can go at their own pace. Modify if needed. Take a break, if needed. Just get out there and have fun working out, meeting Cathe, visiting with other Cathlete, eating wonderdul food and just having a great time.

Jean

You're going to be fine, Jess.
hug4.gif
Relax. This is my second RT and I understand exactly how you're feeling. I was concerned that I couldn't keep up last year but I did fine and I'm sure you will too. :D

I'm not nervous this year but I am very excited. :eek: I'd love to meet you but you'll have to introduce yourself because I don't know what you look like. ;)

Hey Jess! This is my first road trip too and I have the same feelings going on. I am so excited and nervous at the same time. We may not know exactly what to expect, but it is going to be a blast!

Kristin

Hi Jess and Kristin! Jean and Rhondalyn are right....you will have a blast!!!! Next year I promise you will be typing these exact words to the next first timer who posts just like you are now. It is so understandable to be nervous, but that will leave the second you arrive. The atmosphere is relaxed and full of love and hugs. I can't wait to meet you and maybe even be lucky enough to give you both your first GREAT BIG hug! See you in 10 more days !!!!!

Jess - I am right there with you! This was such a spur of the moment decision for me. I just hit submit and didn't really expect that I had made the 105 cut off. I am usually such a planner so this is my first impulse trip ever.

I am more worried about getting in protein (vegetarian), snacks, and all the changing and such. I'm so confused about what to wear when and what to bring where!

Ladies, I felt the same way my first RT. All I can say is go with the flow, relax and have fun.

My first RT I stressed out so much about what to wear, when to change, etc, etc and it all ended up being a big waste of time and energy.

No matter how much pre-planning you do, it might just all fly right out the window because once you get there you are going to have so much fun you won't even remember what you were stressing out over for these past few weeks!!

I so agree. Everything just falls into place. People are fun, friendly, and enjoying the ride. The minute that step class begins, you can't get the smile off your face. :eek:

I'm a first timer as well...!!!!

Spur of the moment...oh yeah...that was me too! I couldn't believe it when I made it in....I was so excited. Now I'm like [gulp]...oh my...I made it in! I can't wait, and even though I'm nervous about keeping up as well...I'll do my best and can't wait to meet everyone. My roomie (Christina "Weener" Cacic) has been so helpful with hints and suggestions on packing.

SEE EVERYONE IN NINE MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D

After Cathe, I'll be second in line to hand out a big hug! :D

Heather, refer to the packing list for what you need EACH day when you are packing your bag for the gym...that should help. No worries on the food either. You will have a great selection to choose from.

Leave all your worries at home everyone...we are going to have a blast and as Cathe said, as soon as you step foot in the gym, you will forget you were worried. See you all very soon!

You first timers are going to have an awesome time and you will meet so many new friends! I've gone the last 3 years and every year has been awesome. It doesn't matter if you do not know anyone because everyone is so friendly and you'll make friends quickly. I only wish I could be there again this year. :( And don't even worry about keeping up. It's not competitive at all. You just do what you can do and enjoy yourself. You'll find the energy is contagious anyways and you'll probably be able to do more than you would think.

Thank you, everyone! I will take a deep breath and enjoy every moment. Looking forward to meeting all of you :D

Jess

First time jitters

JessyS - Don't be nervous. I'm celebrating my 60th birthday by making my first road trip. I'll do what I can - I just figure that it's now or never. I'm sure no one will be judging us!:)

Thanks again for all the supportive words! I just had to share a quick story. For my 26th birthday, my Dad gave me a necklace with a gold cross on it that I have since cherished. A few months ago, the chain broke and I kept it in my jewelery box. Well, last night when I got home from work, my wonderful husband handed me a small box. When I opened it, it was my necklace! He had taken it to the jeweler's and had if fixed!! When I took it out of the box, he looked at me and said; "Now you have no reason to be nervous about next weekend, your Dad is with you." My Dad died 2 years ago from ALS. As you can imagine, I was crying my eyes out. What a wonderful husband I have. And he is right, whatever nerves I had are gone!!

Jess

Well Jess,,,that is wonderful!

Luckily my Dad (75) is still alive...>Still working the line (and even recetly almost was run over by a forklift). Your dad is with you (and always will be).

We're gonna have a ton of fun with Cathe and on this RT!!!

Awwww Jess! What a wonderful hubby! Give him a huge hug. You will be just fine. Can't wait to meet you!

Awww, Jess -- what a beautiful story :)

I was so nervous my first RT, but I had a great time! This is my third -- I can't wait :)

I was relieved to see the group was comprised of people with all different workout levels and abilities --I thought for sure I would stick out like a sore thumb as the "one who needed to modify" (I don't "do" fast feet and a few other moves that would likely end in me face planting LOL). But everyone is AWESOME and just there to have FUN!!!

Aww Jess, what a sweet husband!! That is so nice :)

This is my 1st time RT too, and like everyone else, it was a huge impulse buy for me. I wasn't planning on splurging on a trip for myself this year but so many things have happened that I just said ah suck it up and GO! I've heard nothing but awesome things about the RT since I've been on these forums (can't believe it's been 2 years already!! :eek:), so while I'm still very nervous about going, I'm also really REALLY excited!!!!!!!! I can't wait to meet everyone!

Do we get to wear name tags?? I'm horrible with names especially when I meet a bunch of new people at once; I don't want to come out the gate as being rude. I just have very limited short term memory ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.