finding one rep max

Cathe, can you suggest an online rep calculator? Also, am I supposed to find a one rep max for every exercise? I'm sorry I'm a bit confused and want to start as soon as it comes! I just saw the clips on collage video and I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!! :D

thanks - one more thing?

so i need to go through every exercise and look for a one rep max?

cathe - are you going to be telling the amount of weight you use for each exercise on the STS dvds as you do on other workouts in the past? i just can't imagine going through and finding a one rep max for each exercise before i begin? i usually follow the weight selection you do and increase/decrease from there.

No cathe wont be telling us her weight selections in STS, they really want you to use your 1RM max this way the program will be successful!!!

i cannot be the only one baffled by this - should i wait until the dvds and instructions come? i am not clear on how to get the one rep max

Not Cathe, but if you go to the original post about STS, she explains how to do a 1RM. Basically you choose a weight that you think you can lift between 8-10 times. If you can do lots more, you need more weight. The advantage of Cathe´s calculator is that it then figures out the weight you should use, say, for 60% in Mesocycle 1. HTH

i cannot be the only one baffled by this - should i wait until the dvds and instructions come? i am not clear on how to get the one rep max

It's not complicated (though all the info to choose from on the 1RM calculator on this site can make it seem so):

Pick an exercise to test, pick the heaviest weights you think you can lift with good form for 8-10 reps, and do the reps. Then use a 1RM calculator (the one on this site, or the plain-and-basic one I linked to above), fill in the weight you used and the number of reps you got (the lower the reps to failure, the more accurate the 1RM calculation), and it will give you your 1RM.

We're going to be posting later today a pdf file taken from the STS Users Guide that you can download that will list all of the 1RM exercises that you may want to test for. A picture for each exercise is shown and we also have spaces where you can write your "weight lifted" and "actual reps" performed. These sheets make it very easy for you to take and record your STS 1RM results.

Also, our Beta 2.0 Workout manager will be available very soon that will also really help you to understand 1RM testing and make it much easier for you to calculate and record your results. We will show a screen shot of the new 1RM Calculator later today also.

Thank you Cathe Super Staff. I'm someone who needs to have a helping hand on the 1 Rep Max so I'm waiting for the workout manager. Have a Happy New Year!
Colleen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.