Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Check-ins & Challenges

Check-ins & Challenges We've created this brand new forums to post all of your Cathe and fitness related check-ins and challenges

XTrain 90 Day Undulating Rotation

This is a discussion on XTrain 90 Day Undulating Rotation within the Check-ins & Challenges forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Greetings, If anyone else wants to check in and do this awesome rotation together, I'm game. I can commit to ...

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 10:15 PM
Cathlete

Talking XTrain 90 Day Undulating Rotation

Greetings,
If anyone else wants to check in and do this awesome rotation together, I'm game. I can commit to starting a new thread just about every day, and am pretty anal about staying on schedule with my workouts unless something serious happens, so I'm happy to take that responsibility.

Join me if you're interested!
Eva
Old 01-03-2013, 11:40 PM
Cathlete
ReneePruitt's Profile Fields

Send a message via Yahoo to ReneePruitt

Hi.. Have you started yet? Im on day 3.. Im very sore... I never have been able to stick with a rotation. Im commmetted to tring now. I exercise everyday but i cant focus on a rotation. Im hoping too change all that. Oh, im renee, i have two boys who are grown, im also a cert med assistant who is also a demtal assistant. My job right now is dental assistant. I need to lose 30 poinds.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:13 AM
Cathlete

I would be interested too. I am on day 4 am sore too. I too have trouble committing to a rotation but want to commit to this one. It is time I committed to a program.

Eva, you mentioned about starting a thread every day; would you want to make it a weekly thread versus a daily thread and take some of the pressure off? I am flexible.

Murphy
Old 01-04-2013, 07:21 AM
Outlander12's Profile Fields

I'm going to try to stick to this rotation too.. well at least the strength part. I like to run so I may run instead of the other cardio options. Just depends on how cold it is outside. Starting on Monday.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:42 AM
Cathlete

Thanks for starting the thread. I am almost done with week one. This week I put in RIDE instead of Hard Strikes. I did Hard Strikes last weekend and my knees were sore for a few days so I figured I would switch that out. I may try it again next week and see how it goes.

Today was Legs and since I don't have 80 minutes to workout I did the standing and floor portions. I enjoyed the standing but didn't care for the floor portion. Next week I will try the standing with barre and ball.

I haven't been as sore as I thought I would be. After each workout I could feel all the places that were worked but then it would go away. next week is Burn Sets so we will see how that goes.

So far so good. I want to lose at least 10 pounds if not more so also going back on WW to see if I can get it to work again.

Rhonda
Old 01-04-2013, 08:17 AM
Cathlete

Hello,
Thanks for responding!

Renee, to answer your question, I did start the rotation on Monday, as soon as I got my package. I actually did two workouts that day. I did the Tabatacise first because I was most excited about that one, and then I did the Chest, Back and Shoulders workout in the evening because by then I decided to start the rotation and I was also heading to a NYE party that night and figured if I did two workouts, I could drink more champagne.

So, that said, I am now on day 5 of the first week. Today is Legs, but since that is an 80 minute workout, I am going to swap it with the Saturday workout, since I have more time to workout on the weekend. I will do All Out LIHiiT today. I'm looking forward to that one as well...it looks fun from the previews.

I should be able to do the rotation without much modifying, since there is not a lot of high impact here, but enough. I did not order the boxing gloves, they look cute but I just cannot see myself in them. I did order some 1 lb. gloves from Amazon last night so the next time I do Hard Strikes, I'm going to use those. Hopefully they will work. I've tried to use my regular weighted gloves before for kickboxing but I *hate* the feeling of the weight sloshing around. If these gloves don't work then I'll break down and get the boxing gloves.

Murphy, to your point about starting a weekly thread, I'll take your suggestion. Thank you.

So, Let this be the thread for week 1. I'll start another one next Monday.

As far as goals, I would always like to lose 10 more pounds, but I don't know if that can happen for me. I eat clean, exercise 6 days a week with Cathe, and log food religiously, but I am surviving on the least amount of calories I can without feeling deprived or crappy, which is usually about 1600-1800, some times more, and I just can't/won't cut back any more. I'll be happy with more toning, since there is certainly room for that in my life, and that has been an attainable goal for me.

Rhonda and Outlander, Renee and Murphy, I'm looking forward to riding the XTrain with you!

Eva
Old 01-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Cathlete
ReneePruitt's Profile Fields

Send a message via Yahoo to ReneePruitt

Gwad im sore im on day four as well. Tomorrow will be legs the 80 min, sat so ill have the time to do the whole thing. I got lucky, i think? Lol
I am lovn this i hope the leg one is doable for me too. I have issues, me and legs... now today is bi and tri but i think am going to jog some as well to get some sorness out. I love to jog also, had to stop on and off because pf. But i love it so i can do it now but only once or twice a week.
Eva i also did a dvd from xtrain before the rotation. You skund like me.. But i NEED to lose im on mfp exercise log my food and im not losing. I need to lose 25 or 30. I eat 1230 to 1400 i still havnt lost i ate back my exercise calories but i gained so now im trying again, but not eating the exercise calories. This has been hard soo far because im sore. So im hkping this threead will motivate.. I can do this! Focus focus lol. I am having fun even tho im so sore. I love,the music !

Last edited by ReneePruitt; 01-04-2013 at 08:33 AM..
Old 01-04-2013, 08:29 AM

Hi! Do you mind if I join in? I'm using the 90 day undulating schedule for my company transformation challenge. I sign up tomorrow for that. This week I've been doing the first week of workouts just to play around with them and see about weights etc. At first I didnt choose heavy enough weights but yesterday I did bis/tris and given my soreness today I think I chose well! I intend to follow the schedule exactly although I might add short bouts of cardio on the weights days midway through if I think I need some more for my goals. I would like to lose 16 lbs in the 12 weeks to hit my goal.

So today I'll do legs and I'm a little nervous. Legs always has major dread for me and the cardio leg blast on tuesday was killer. After each cycle I took a rest. That's actually one of my non visual goals for this rotation....to be able to make it through all videos without pausing the dvd.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Cathlete

I am going to join you lovely ladies if you do not mind! While I have been on the fourms for a while, I have never done a check in, so I will give it a shot. Thanks for getting it started Eva.

I started the 90 day rotation on Sunday the 30th and love it!!

Rhonda~I am with you on the 80 minute leg workout! Floor work is really not my thing, so I did the standing/barre/leg&chair premix. I figure this is more then enough with Cardio Leg Blast also being done in the same week.

Lisa
Old 01-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Cathlete

Hi everyone!

I'm so glad to see a check-in for 90 Day undulating. Today is the start of week 2 for me. I loved the first week and couldn't wait for my rest day to be over.

Today is Burn Sets Chest/Back/Shoulders. I've had my morning protein/coffee... have protein & BCAA's flowing through my body, now I going in my gym to kill this workout!

I saw this yesterday and thought it was pretty funny, so I thought I would share.