XTrain 90 Day Undulating Rotation

deineira

Cathlete
Greetings,
If anyone else wants to check in and do this awesome rotation together, I'm game. I can commit to starting a new thread just about every day, and am pretty anal about staying on schedule with my workouts unless something serious happens, so I'm happy to take that responsibility.

Join me if you're interested!
Eva

Hi.. Have you started yet? Im on day 3.. Im very sore... I never have been able to stick with a rotation. Im commmetted to tring now. I exercise everyday but i cant focus on a rotation. Im hoping too change all that. Oh, im renee, i have two boys who are grown, im also a cert med assistant who is also a demtal assistant. My job right now is dental assistant. I need to lose 30 poinds.

I would be interested too. I am on day 4 am sore too. I too have trouble committing to a rotation but want to commit to this one. It is time I committed to a program.

Eva, you mentioned about starting a thread every day; would you want to make it a weekly thread versus a daily thread and take some of the pressure off? I am flexible.

Murphy

I'm going to try to stick to this rotation too.. well at least the strength part. I like to run so I may run instead of the other cardio options. Just depends on how cold it is outside. Starting on Monday.

Thanks for starting the thread. I am almost done with week one. This week I put in RIDE instead of Hard Strikes. I did Hard Strikes last weekend and my knees were sore for a few days so I figured I would switch that out. I may try it again next week and see how it goes.

Today was Legs and since I don't have 80 minutes to workout I did the standing and floor portions. I enjoyed the standing but didn't care for the floor portion. Next week I will try the standing with barre and ball.

I haven't been as sore as I thought I would be. After each workout I could feel all the places that were worked but then it would go away. next week is Burn Sets so we will see how that goes.

So far so good. I want to lose at least 10 pounds if not more so also going back on WW to see if I can get it to work again.

Rhonda

Hello,
Thanks for responding!

Renee, to answer your question, I did start the rotation on Monday, as soon as I got my package. I actually did two workouts that day. I did the Tabatacise first because I was most excited about that one, and then I did the Chest, Back and Shoulders workout in the evening because by then I decided to start the rotation and I was also heading to a NYE party that night and figured if I did two workouts, I could drink more champagne.:p

So, that said, I am now on day 5 of the first week. Today is Legs, but since that is an 80 minute workout, I am going to swap it with the Saturday workout, since I have more time to workout on the weekend. I will do All Out LIHiiT today. I'm looking forward to that one as well...it looks fun from the previews.

I should be able to do the rotation without much modifying, since there is not a lot of high impact here, but enough. I did not order the boxing gloves, they look cute but I just cannot see myself in them. I did order some 1 lb. gloves from Amazon last night so the next time I do Hard Strikes, I'm going to use those. Hopefully they will work. I've tried to use my regular weighted gloves before for kickboxing but I *hate* the feeling of the weight sloshing around. If these gloves don't work then I'll break down and get the boxing gloves.

Murphy, to your point about starting a weekly thread, I'll take your suggestion. Thank you.

So, Let this be the thread for week 1. I'll start another one next Monday.

As far as goals, I would always like to lose 10 more pounds, but I don't know if that can happen for me. I eat clean, exercise 6 days a week with Cathe, and log food religiously, but I am surviving on the least amount of calories I can without feeling deprived or crappy, which is usually about 1600-1800, some times more, and I just can't/won't cut back any more. I'll be happy with more toning, since there is certainly room for that in my life, and that has been an attainable goal for me.

Rhonda and Outlander, Renee and Murphy, I'm looking forward to riding the XTrain with you!

Eva

Gwad im sore im on day four as well. Tomorrow will be legs the 80 min, sat so ill have the time to do the whole thing. I got lucky, i think? Lol
I am lovn this i hope the leg one is doable for me too. I have issues, me and legs... :) now today is bi and tri but i think am going to jog some as well to get some sorness out. I love to jog also, had to stop on and off because pf. But i love it so i can do it now but only once or twice a week.
Eva i also did a dvd from xtrain before the rotation. You skund like me.. But i NEED to lose im on mfp exercise log my food and im not losing. I need to lose 25 or 30. I eat 1230 to 1400 i still havnt lost i ate back my exercise calories but i gained so now im trying again, but not eating the exercise calories. This has been hard soo far because im sore. So im hkping this threead will motivate.. I can do this! Focus focus lol. I am having fun even tho im so sore. I love,the music !

Last edited:
Hi! Do you mind if I join in? I'm using the 90 day undulating schedule for my company transformation challenge. I sign up tomorrow for that. This week I've been doing the first week of workouts just to play around with them and see about weights etc. At first I didnt choose heavy enough weights but yesterday I did bis/tris and given my soreness today I think I chose well! I intend to follow the schedule exactly although I might add short bouts of cardio on the weights days midway through if I think I need some more for my goals. I would like to lose 16 lbs in the 12 weeks to hit my goal.

So today I'll do legs and I'm a little nervous. Legs always has major dread for me and the cardio leg blast on tuesday was killer. After each cycle I took a rest. That's actually one of my non visual goals for this rotation....to be able to make it through all videos without pausing the dvd.

I am going to join you lovely ladies if you do not mind! While I have been on the fourms for a while, I have never done a check in, so I will give it a shot. Thanks for getting it started Eva.

I started the 90 day rotation on Sunday the 30th and love it!!

Rhonda~I am with you on the 80 minute leg workout! Floor work is really not my thing, so I did the standing/barre/leg&chair premix. I figure this is more then enough with Cardio Leg Blast also being done in the same week.

Lisa

Hi everyone!

I'm so glad to see a check-in for 90 Day undulating. Today is the start of week 2 for me. I loved the first week and couldn't wait for my rest day to be over.:D:)

Today is Burn Sets Chest/Back/Shoulders. I've had my morning protein/coffee... have protein & BCAA's flowing through my body, now I going in my gym to kill this workout! :cool:

I saw this yesterday and thought it was pretty funny, so I thought I would share.
400031_483299658375060_100643162_n_zpsd35517e0.jpg

I'm starting X-Train tomorrow and I can't wait! I need something to get my booty in better shape! I've got about 10 stubborn pounds to lose, I'm hoping this will rotation will help. This is the 1st Cathe rotation I have ever done. I have the LIS Barre dvd and I really like it. I've always just walked/jogged on the treadmill or used Jillian Michaels DVD's, but I just can't stand her anymore, she gets on my nerves. I'm glad to see so many people excited (and sore!) from these dvd's!!

Do you all mind if I join in? I got my xtrain on monday but am starting the 90 day rotation on sunday. i have tried out a few of the dvds and am so excited! i did supercuts on wednesday, all out low impact hiit yesterday and then added on the standing legs segment to my less impact crossfire premix today. i am watching/fighting a case of tendonitis, so i had been doing mainly low impact series since christmas (when the tendonitis started). anyway, i am hoping by icing it and keeping my foot up some during the day i can stick with my xtrain rotation! that's what i get for having flat feet, i guess! it would be great to follow along with you guys and see how we all do:D. a bit about me: i am a thai yoga bodywork therapist who also homeschools two of my kids (ages 11 and 14) and provides daycare to a sweet little 21 month old during the week. i also have a 16 year old who is a sophomore at a performing arts charter school. all three of my kids are serious string players and hope to have careers in music someday. my 14 year old daughter is also a cathlete and has started tried a couple xtrain workouts.:) looking forward to getting to know you all better!

Hi everyone!

I'm so glad to see a check-in for 90 Day undulating. Today is the start of week 2 for me. I loved the first week and couldn't wait for my rest day to be over.:D:)

Today is Burn Sets Chest/Back/Shoulders. I've had my morning protein/coffee... have protein & BCAA's flowing through my body, now I going in my gym to kill this workout! :cool:

I saw this yesterday and thought it was pretty funny, so I thought I would share.

Lol thats me! Lol i have been so sore tomorrow will be legss and im still sore from cardio leg blast. I barly can move lol

Oh hi .. I was wondering if we all can add are name at the end of ur post? I find its hard to address everyone without names. I cant remember user names to well. That way i can talk to individual instead of quoting a whole thing to address that person. Am i making sense? Lol i ramble. ..sorry. Im excited about this thread it looks like this is first rotation we have done for most of us! How cool ..we can do it!

I just did the 80 min leg premix - actually I did the "75 min" premix. I had to skip some of the floor work, I was just so tired. Plus, the kids came down (5 and 8) and I just could not focus. I also did the 100 hip thrust challenge, but with no weights. I still felt it w/o the weights. My booty needed it. :)

fit44- love the cartoon!

Murphy

Murphy,
I HOPE i can make it too 60 minutes even on the legs.
The rotation has me up for that today, we shall see. How, did u like it? I am on my eay to church first.. Then this afternoon it is my turn! Ha

hi everyone!

my hips are sore from just the standing sequence of legs yesterday! full rotation starts tomorrow-- thank goodness it's chest,back and shoulders;). i am thinking i might add some low impact hiit since it is my work day off and i have the morning free.

hope everyone has a good weekend!

katie

Greetings,
Glad to see this group is growing quickly! There are so many of us who were excited to get this new series and start this rotation. It could not have come at a better time!

I noted Renee made a request for folks to use their real names if they were comfortable doing so, and I have to second that. It is also easier for me to remember names rather than screen IDs, although I'm not sure why. However, if you'd rather stay anonymous, that's fine too.

It looks like we're all at different stages on our rotation, give or take a day or two, but I think if we just report on what we've done and how our results are coming along, it will be nice to see everyone's progress. Obviously none of us are that far apart because we all just got this.

I just finished the first week of the 90 day rotation and I have to say it actually exceeded my expectations. When I first noticed that the workouts were all under an hour, I was happy, but wrongfully assumed they might not be that challenging. What was I thinking? I've been working out with Cathe long enough to know better, so I don't know why I assumed this. I was dead wrong.

I am sore today, and after doing the 80 minute leg workout today (I switched Low Impact HIIT because I had more time today than Friday), I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow. Cathe has such a great way of working legs. I also noticed that the other workouts I did this week gave me a great leg workout almost every day. Yesterday my hip flexors were actually sore, and I don't think that's ever happened to me. I, too, hate floor work, and cheated on those somewhat. I'll try to work up to doing all of it over the next few weeks. I just find it so BORING and annoying, for some reason...but my legs are the bane of my existence, so I'm going to try to buck up and work them as hard as I can.

I've been following the rotation to a Tee so far, but next week I'm going to start being more proactive about fitting in the 100 rep challenges. This week I did the chest one, the rear delts one and another one and the one with just rear flies. They were all nice add ons after the workout. I did not do the hip thrusts today, I just ran out of steam, but that gives me something to look forward to.;) I am curious about them. I noticed that they are done with three risers and I only have two, so I ordered more and will do them at some point. I had been wanting to order more risers but procrastinating, so I finally did. I also got my weighted gloves today, so I'll use them the next time I do Hard Strikes to see how that impacts the workout.

Tomorrow is my rest day and I'm really looking forward to it. I might do one of the yoga workouts in LIS. I really feel like I need it!

Have a good evening, ladies!

Eva

Hi!
I'm going to start on Monday, the 7th! I haven't followed a rotation before either! Looking forward to really tracking my healthy eating, following this program and sharing how things are going with others!
Eileen :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.