XTrain 90 Day Undulating Rotation

Gosh dog jengollf!
4 pounds?!
Wow good job! I am so thankful for my rest day but cant,wait to start again!
I am thinking of adding an,extra cardio in a week as well maybe i will do it after a weight wo. Go for a jog or a step wo ..

Hi all,

I am joining in here, started the 90 day rotation on Tuesday.
Sunday I did the Low Impact Hiit Premix with Core 1.
Today I can barely move....

rest day today - I did Les Mills Combat 45 Kata workout, and TF stretch 10 to try to work out some soreness.

Greetings,
I could not get on to the forums yesterday for some reason, so I am checking in late. Yesterday I did Burn Sets chest, back and shoulders. This was a good workout. I went as heavy as I could, and even managed to do 10 of the 16 pushups on my toes at the end of the chest portion. I am striving to get through that set and do all 16 by the end of the 90 days. That's a concrete goal that will definitely indicate I've made progress.

Even though I just finished STS, I am finding it hard to work the same weights that I was on during Meso 3. I think it's because these sets have more reps. Even though it is just 4 more, they are making a big difference. Another goal is to get back to the M3 weights for all sets. These two goals should keep me on task for this rotation.

The other goal is to get through all of those banana sit ups in Core #1. Those things are horrible. :mad:I can only do a few. It would be easier if they started off the set, but by the time they roll around I'm starting to fatigue. Oh well, something else to work towards. I don't know which I hate more, those or mountain climbers. It's a tough call.

Today is Cardio Legs, which I'm looking forward to, in theory.

Conni, I also bought Les Mills Combat while I was waiting for XTrain, and I think I might sub some of the Hard Strikes workouts with the Power60. I did not find Hard Strikes to be that difficult, and sometimes I like some variety.

Cynthia, I love your inspirational photos. Keep 'em coming! :D

This morning was Cardio Leg Blast. LOVE that workout! Since it was my second time doing it I went heavier (the weights I used the first time weren't heavy enough) and got a much better workout. I think I can go even heavier next week on some of them.

My chest and shoulders are seriously sore from Burn Sets Chest, Back & Shoulders yesterday. Love that workout! I posted this question in another section, but anyone have any clue why Burn Sets Bi's & Tri's is featured 7 times in the 90 rotation but Burn Sets Chest, Back & Shoulders is only featured 5 times? Why is regular Chest, Back & Shoulders done more often than the Burn Sets version? And why is Burn Sets Bi's & Tri's done more often than the regular version of Bi's & Tri's?

I really like them both--but Burn Sets Chest, Back & Shoulders gave me some serious DOMS, and the other Chest, Back & Shoulders didn't. Even though I love them both, Burn Sets seems more effective for me. Wondering if I should swap them out so I do the Burn Sets version more frequently. But I wanted to know if there was a specific reason for the way they featured in the rotation.

Good morning!

I did Legs today.:) I wore my 10lb vest (works great with this workout) and increased the poundage for several exercises(walking lunges, sumo squats, deadlifts). I'm trying to add muscle to my legs and build up strength to go even heavier.
My legs are toast.
196078_4817242144897_1496015711_n_zps0dfdbf69.jpg

Jengolf, about the SuperSets... that's a great question! My body is so used to endurance workouts, I feel a more dramatic response from the heavy weights. I may have to switch some of the workouts. ;)

Have a great day!
Cynthia

Hard Strikes, premix 17 I added core#1. :) I can really feel my core working with hard strikes -- love it!

Hi everyone! Getting up the nerve to do cardio leg blast. Last week when I did it I just about died multiple times lol! Pluo type workouts are just not my thing. It takes a lot of effort to get my tree trunk thighs to lift off the ground. Is anyone seeing results yet? I know it's still early but just curious

hi everyone!

is anyone else having trouble with the workout manager? i can't check off any of my workouts for yesterday or today:(

fit44-- i love your pic of the french bulldog!! love those dogs and that is about the way i am feeling! after cardio legs yesterday i added burn sets biceps-- now my legs are sore and my upper body is fried.

i also tweaked my left hip flexor during cardio legs, so swapped all out low impact hiit plus core #1 (friday's workout) for hard strikes-- figured my hip flexor would get even more fried with all the kicks and jumping. hoping for an injury free rest of my rotation:eek:.

tomorrow is burn sets tris and bis and i think my legs will appreciate the break!

good to read everyone's updates.:)

Hello Everyone,
I just finished Cardio Leg Blast, sans core, since I did #1 yesterday. I'll add on the core #2 that was scheduled today to Bis and Tris tomorrow, since that is a short workout otherwise. I'll also add the rear delts on tomorrow as well.

I added another riser to my step today, so I did the whole workout with three instead of two. I've never used three today, and it made a difference. According to my heart rate monitor, I burned about 600 calories. When I did this workout last week with two risers, I burned 520 calories. I had to add a few extra seconds of rests after some of the cardio sets, but I survived. This was a very challenging workout for me today.

As far as results, I actually feel like my legs are a wee bit slimmer, but that is impossible. I have not done measurements...I find it kind of depressing, but I will be watching my clothes carefully. I was doing Les Mills Combat before I got XTrain, so I think I actually was seeing some results from adding more cardio. After my STS rotation, I think the extra cardio is giving me more calorie burn in general, so it's not *that* far fetched. Today I wore a pair of pants to work that I always thought were just a teenie weenie bit too tight. But today I thought the fit fine. If this rotation does not slim my legs, then nothing will:mad:

Hope you are all doing well. I'm off to make dinner!
Eva

I did the same thing, increased my weights than what Cathe was using & felt great! It was a great workout & added a hip thrust 100 challenge. I use the ball insted of the step since I only have 2 risers, I just put the ball against the wall so it wont roll out & it worked great.

I was not very sore from chest, shoulder & back maybe I need to go heavier next time.

Tomorrow is Hardstrike & I was thinking to do Tabata 4&5 before HS since its a short workout.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This morning was Cardio Leg Blast. LOVE that workout! Since it was my second time doing it I went heavier (the weights I used the first time weren't heavy enough) and got a much better workout. I think I can go even heavier next week on some of them.

Well i survived cardio leg blast. My goal in this 12 weeks will be to get through it without taking extended breaks. I used two risers and I'm good with that. Not up to Cathe's weights yet. Looking forward to a slightly lighter day tomorrow

Hi everyone! Getting up the nerve to do cardio leg blast. Last week when I did it I just about died multiple times lol! Pluo type workouts are just not my thing. It takes a lot of effort to get my tree trunk thighs to lift off the ground. Is anyone seeing results yet? I know it's still early but just curious

Lol i have tree trunk thighs too.. That made me giggle!

Today is week 2 day one.. Loved the workout burnsets chest shoulders and back.. Nice music i miss the words but i understand some people find it to distracting.. But i still enjoyed the familar tunes. Tomorrow is cardio leg blast. Cant.believe i actualy made it to week two! So far so good!

Last edited:
I thought I would crash this party. I am also doing the 90 day rotation. I enjoyed my "light" workout of Hard Strikes today. It was tough, but I think the timersaver premix in the rotation is a gift for us. Yesterday was Cardio Leg Blast and I have plenty of room to grow with that one!

I am really looking forward to FINISHING this rotation!

I thought I would crash this party. I am also doing the 90 day rotation. I enjoyed my "light" workout of Hard Strikes today. It was tough, but I think the timersaver premix in the rotation is a gift for us. Yesterday was Cardio Leg Blast and I have plenty of room to grow with that one!

I am really looking forward to FINISHING this rotation!

Oh my i have plenty of room to grow as well! Gosh i keep hearing people say they match or go higher then cathes weights! Ouch. I know she is a little lighter then she usualy lifts but dang i only used 15 for press and 12# for flys! Everyone else is higher? Lol i cant see me ever being that good but im gonna keep going til i get at least close.. Loving these workouts.

Hi all. I had to rest days, one planned and one unplanned. Today was All Out HiiT. I really lie this one. I like all of the XTrain workouts, but this one stands out for me.
Week two of X Trsin and loving it. Great job everyone on the workouts.

Cynthia - loved your shirt. Where did you get it? What ate BCAA's?

ReneePruitt- how was the 80 mon leg workout? Cathe started losing me after the first hour, but my kids were bugging me so that did not help.

Murphy, bcaas are branch chain amino acids, the building blocks of protein. They really help with recovery and maintaining muscle, ESP if you are in a calorie deficit. I highly recommend taking some. They are one of the supplement products I always recommend to most everyone. I like xtend by scivation or bodybuilding.com platinum line amino recovery. Hope that helps!

Murphy hi leg workout was fun, im so happy no barbell. Now granted not eery exercise.was i able to do all the reps but i did do every exercise like if she.did 16 reps i did it til i hurt and that number was 10 or 12. I figire i can work my way. Thanks for asking! Today is cardio leg blast again.. That one is fun but hard. I like the concept tho.

Today was Burn Sets, C,B&S. I went heavy and it felt good. I lost my mind a few times and tried to do the same as Cathe - that changed after the first rep... It felt quick even though it was 50 + minutes long. The scarecrows at the end got me. I am feeling my shoulders right now. I think I like it with the weights than with the tube. I may try the tubes again once I feel stronger in the shoulder.

Cynthia - thanks for the info. I will check them out.

RenneePruitt - I agree, cardio leg blast is fun but hard. I was sore, real sore, from that one. It is on the schedule for tomorrow. Yikes. :)

Murphy

day2 & 3

checking in for yesterday and today,
yesterday cardio leg blast and today Hard strikes :D

Have a great day ladies

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.