We're In This Together (02/10-02/17)

mini-natty

Cathlete
Hi everyone !

Jen
Yes, proceed with caution. I am glad you are in good communication with your new acquaintance, that helps.
I am so curious about LBB. It looks like a lot of fun. Yet another Cathe I need to add to my collection.
Sarah
Oh my, your food sounds delish!! I love turkey everything!! I am sure you will do great on your bazaar, try to stay calm and optimistic. I understand about sleep deprivation and wanting to eat more. They go hand in hand. It's hard not to cave, but try to remember all your hard work and dedication with STS. That's what keeps me motivated. Mind over matter.
You made me laugh when you mentioned "date night". Ha, ha, I know what you mean ;). I do that too.

Collen, Nikki, Ellie, have a fabulous evening :)

BTW, I tried to do Yoga Relax last night. I just could not do it. I shut the video after 10 minutes. I think my Yoga loving days are over :(

Hello Friends.
Shoveled once and will shovel again. Not in the mood to workout tonight. Problably will cancel my roadtrip for Saturday.
Sarah-I LOVE turkey too.
Natty-Yoga, I learned Astanga in college. Cathe teaches something else. I've done Yoga Relax once, never tried Yoga Max. Yes, LBB is another good one.
*Yes, it is wise for me to proceed with caution with the person from my group. She connected with me on Linkedin too. My acquintance, he is easy to chat with.

Good morning,

Another rough night for me. Bella was up from 1am-2:30am. Horrible sleep. For someone who really loved their sleep, I have been accumulating a huge sleep debt for 3 years now :(

Nikki
I know what you mean about TTOTM. My energy level is 0 during that time. I just want to veg out and lie on the couch, but I try to get my workouts in. Mind you, they are probably half-a**ed, but hey at least I'm doing them. Hope you feel better soon.
Jen
Oh no!!!! Snow again!!! We got hit hard too. You know, shoveling is a workout. You burn lots of calories doing it. I would not feel bad about not doing Cathe. When you shovel, consider that your w/o for the day.

Today is Muscle Endurance on my rotation. DH might be called in later in the evening to work, so I have to get it in before he leaves. BTW, he works at the Toronto Airport clearing the snow for the planes. Did you know that airport is one of the only ones in the world that will NEVER close?! It's crazy. Mind you, it's a very popular hub for incoming/outgoing flights.

Have a good day everyone :)

Natty-Your DH does an important job. I LOVE Toronto but have never flown in before. Always the Queens Highway (401 or 402). Muscle Endurance is a great workout too. Sorry about not getting any sleep. It's hard to be sleep deprived.
Nikki-Feel better soon.
Shoveled this morning at 730AM, it was so cold I lost my motivation to travel far. Want to get out of the house but not sure what I want to do. Hope to workout tonight.
Anthony Bourdain is in GR tomorrow night, it would be a great show but the money issue and I have to be on the road early on Monday too.

Today was Muscle Endurance. Another kick-butt by Cathe. When she does that little "evil" laugh during the barbell bicep curls.........I wanted to swear at her, but hug her at the same time. She is so sweet while torturing you.

Jen
Glad to see you loved Toronto. Some people hate it. The diversity, culture, attractions, food, are all terrific. There are so many "towns"; China Town, Little Italy, Little Jamaica, Greek Town, Little Portugal, everything! During the World Cup, wow you have to see the spectacle. All the cars have flags representing "their" country. When a team wins, everyone from that country goes out and celebrates, honking their horns and driving around. And contrary to popular belief, it's very safe for such a big city. I was born and raised there, but unfortunately the real estate is super expensive. To get a house would have cost me mega $$. I moved up north, 40min away to Bradford. Population 25,000 as opposed to 3 Million in Toronto. In the end, Toronto was just too busy and expensive to live. I love my smaller town now.

Have a good night everyone :)

mini-natty said:
Today was Muscle Endurance. Another kick-butt by Cathe. When she does that little "evil" laugh during the barbell bicep curls.........I wanted to swear at her, but hug her at the same time. She is so sweet while torturing you.

Jen
Glad to see you loved Toronto. Some people hate it. The diversity, culture, attractions, food, are all terrific. There are so many "towns"; China Town, Little Italy, Little Jamaica, Greek Town, Little Portugal, everything! During the World Cup, wow you have to see the spectacle. All the cars have flags representing "their" country. When a team wins, everyone from that country goes out and celebrates, honking their horns and driving around. And contrary to popular belief, it's very safe for such a big city. I was born and raised there, but unfortunately the real estate is super expensive. To get a house would have cost me mega $$. I moved up north, 40min away to Bradford. Population 25,000 as opposed to 3 Million in Toronto. In the end, Toronto was just too busy and expensive to live. I love my smaller town now.

Have a good night everyone :)

I love Muscle Endurance. It's still one of my favorites after doing it for so many years. And yes, she politely kicks our butts. Gotta love her.

JT said:
Hello Friends.
Shoveled once and will shovel again. Not in the mood to workout tonight. Problably will cancel my roadtrip for Saturday.
Sarah-I LOVE turkey too.
Natty-Yoga, I learned Astanga in college. Cathe teaches something else. I've done Yoga Relax once, never tried Yoga Max. Yes, LBB is another good one.
*Yes, it is wise for me to proceed with caution with the person from my group. She connected with me on Linkedin too. My acquintance, he is easy to chat with.

Shoveling is a good enough workout. I can understand you not wanting to do anything else.

Natty-When I was VERY young on a weekend trip from Detroit to Toronto, I told my parents I would want to live there. Although, like everyone else, I had bids on CasaLoma.
If money were no object, I would buy a brownstone condo on the lake just north of the city.
Nikki-Today's shoveling was a lot easier than last nights.
No road trip today but I did LBB instead and got Chinese.

Just wanted to check in quick before the hubby and I sit down to watch Mad Men on Netflix. Did Afterburn today! I lurve that workout! Now, if only I could get through it without pausing the darn dvd to suck wind. I really wanted to make it through the whole disc without pressing pause but it didn't happen. :( Future goals!
Later Girls! Colleen

Had to go to Portland today for the craft show. It sucked, but it sucked for everybody. So that should make me feel better, right? It doesn't.

Not only did I have lunch and dinner out (thai and a 1/2 turkey reubin) but then I went to VooDoo Doughtnuts (I feel like I'm going to confessional right now). Maybe I should be on a Foodies Forum rather than one for fitness. Stop reading now if you like doughnuts because I don't want to mess with anyones clean eating. I had a maple bar with bacon on top and an apple fritter : (
The fritter was good, the maple bacon bar was like heaven. I loved every last bite of it. I have alot of hard work ahead of me this week from enjoying food this weekend.

JT- When does it usually stop snowing in your neck of the woods?

Sarah

Had to go to Portland today for the craft show. It sucked, but it sucked for everybody. So that should make me feel better, right? It doesn't.

Not only did I have lunch and dinner out (thai and a 1/2 turkey reubin) but then I went to VooDoo Doughtnuts (I feel like I'm going to confessional right now). Maybe I should be on a Foodies Forum rather than one for fitness. Stop reading now if you like doughnuts because I don't want to mess with anyones clean eating. I had a maple bar with bacon on top and an apple fritter : (
The fritter was good, the maple bacon bar was like heaven. I loved every last bite of it. I have alot of hard work ahead of me this week from enjoying food this weekend.

JT- When does it usually stop snowing in your neck of the woods?

Sarah

Sarah,
Sounds like me when I go to The Ex (the exhibition place, a massive fair that comes to Toronto 3 weeks in August). The food I indulge in is a sight for sore eyes. Waffle ice cream, Jamaican Roti, Tiny Toms Donuts, yup all in one day. I don't do it often, so I definitely don't feel guilty. I am a huge foodie too. I would have tried what you had, no question. Canadian's love maple and bacon. Are you secretly Canadian??? ;)

Good morning ladies,

Rough night, yet again. I won't whine about it. That's life. Things could be worse.

On the upside my arms are mega sore. Yay. Give me some muscles baby!

Jen
Man, we got hit hard again with snow. I am so sorry you have to shovel that s**t. How is LBB? I may download it for my rotation. Chinese food is amazing, you deserve it.
Colleen
I just finished Mad Men on Netflix. Isn't it great? Jon Hamm is one hot man. He can be my ad-executive any day ;)
Ellie
How is the rotation? I like it. A good mix of weight training and cardio. Do you have STS plyo legs? I don't know what to sub it with. Any suggestions?

Good day to all :)

Morning girls!
Sarah- I definitely indulge sometimes! I love good food (I can be a food snob sometimes!;)) and I don't feel guilty about taking in a lot of calories on a given day if it was totally worth it.:p What I hate, and I think someone mentioned this before, is when I eat something really high calorie that was just totally awful. If I didn't enjoy it I feel like "what a waste of calories!! I could have splurged and been in heaven but now I have to contend with burning off something that wasn't even close to worth it"! :(

Jen- I feel so bad for you and Shove Max! I wouldn't mind the exercise that goes with that but the cold...:eek: I'm a total baby about the cold. I race from the car to the warm house and don't step a toe outside in the winter if I can avoid it! Thank goodness my husband doesn't complain about having to do it...I always have to remember that when I whine that he won't clean the bathroom or do the laundry!:eek:

Natty- you totally should get LBB! It is one of my absolute favorite Cathe workouts...and you know how I love her lower body ones!:eek: I think a good substitution for Plyo legs might actually be her Hiit dvd, like 40/20. It seems to me they are sort of similar, but you might have to add time and do some 30/30 or something since I believe Plyo legs is more like 50 minutes long. ETA: You may have to give yourself more rest time between exercises than 40/20 allows to make it a full 50 minutes...like maybe stop early and do the whole workout like 30/30.
My husband and I have been watching Mad Men to get us through the dry spell while we wait for my all time favorite show to come back on...Breaking Bad!!:eek: Oh ho ho ho, I loooove that show! If you haven't checked it out and you get Netflix you should watch it, it's so awesome. It's pretty dark but funny too. It's so well acted and written it's ridiculous!

Todays workout will be STS disc 16...I have to force myself to do those chest exercises...at least no push ups this time!
Colleen

Last edited:
My husband and I have been watching Mad Men to get us through the dry spell while we wait for my all time favorite show to come back on...[B said:
Breaking Bad[/B]!!:eek: Oh ho ho ho, I loooove that show! If you haven't checked it out and you get Netflix you should watch it, it's so awesome. It's pretty dark but funny too. It's so well acted and written it's ridiculous!

Breaking Bad CHECK!! Waiting for next season too!!! Getting impatient...

These are my series shows:

Dexter
Weeds
Californication
Breaking Bad
Mad Men
Arrested Development
Lie To Me

Love them all :D

Funny you said you don't like chest. I love chest exercises. Especially with my new barbell, it feels totally different. I can lift more with it :D I hate triceps work. My elbows tend to pop sometimes when doing the overhead extension. Shoulder's are my fav UB muscle to work. Anything I can go heavy with, I tend to love more.

Thankful today, I spun out on black ice on a narrow curvy road which I did more than a 360, almost a 420. Stayed on the road and didn't damage anyone else, me or my car.
Going to relax today so I can workout tonight, my blood pressure is up there right now.
LBB, I didn't conquer it but I did it. I LOVE it!! Cathe pushes it on the amount of repititions on the exercises. Tonight, it should be High Reps.

Thankful today, I spun out on black ice on a narrow curvy road which I did more than a 360, almost a 420. Stayed on the road and didn't damage anyone else, me or my car.
Going to relax today so I can workout tonight, my blood pressure is up there right now.
LBB, I didn't conquer it but I did it. I LOVE it!! Cathe pushes it on the amount of repititions on the exercises. Tonight, it should be High Reps.

Jen
Oh no, I am so sorry to hear what happened. I am relieved you are ok. Black ice is so scary. Take it easy and relax for sure.
A while back you mentioned Property Virgins. I love that show!! Oh, I forgot the woman's name that hosted. She left right? Too bad, she was so good in it. Very beautiful too.
Colleen
An avatar!!!! I love it!!! Are those the kiddies?? What a cute, cute pic!!!

Sandra Rinomato left Property Virgins and is now sold her new show, Buy Herself," to HGTV-Canada.
My blood pressure is down so might go for a walk.

Jen that is so scary about the black ice spinout! I was in a terrible car accident back in 1997 in a big snowstorm. Thankfully I wasn't hurt but it was pure luck that I wasn't killed. It is such an awful feeling when you are on ice and there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop. I hate that weak feeling you get after a huge adrenaline rush from something like that...and the blood pressure spike too. shudder

Yup the avatar is of my kiddos! :) Dylan has green vampire teeth in his mouth, it was around Halloween time. It's hard to see though in that little pic. Lydia was dressed in her princess outfit and was being her silly self. :D

We have the same taste in tv Natty!:D Dexter is a favorite (well, not so much this season...), as well as Weeds (more so the earlier seasons), and I love love Arrested Development! I totally love that kind of dry humor!;) I'm also a big scifi/fantasy geek too so I loved (when they were on) Buffy/Angel, Battlestar Galactica, XFiles, Alias, Lost and have you ever seen the Big Bang Theory? As you can tell, I'm a bit of a tv addict.:eek: Good thing I workout to compensate for the couch potato tendency!:eek:

Well, gotta go update my STS ticker! I did disc 16 today and I made myself do all the chest exercises. I have to stop being a baby and skimping on those!
Have a good evening everybody!
Colleen

Jen that is so scary about the black ice spinout! I was in a terrible car accident back in 1997 in a big snowstorm. Thankfully I wasn't hurt but it was pure luck that I wasn't killed. It is such an awful feeling when you are on ice and there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop. I hate that weak feeling you get after a huge adrenaline rush from something like that...and the blood pressure spike too. shudder

Yup the avatar is of my kiddos! :) Dylan has green vampire teeth in his mouth, it was around Halloween time. It's hard to see though in that little pic. Lydia was dressed in her princess outfit and was being her silly self. :D

We have the same taste in tv Natty!:D Dexter is a favorite (well, not so much this season...), as well as Weeds (more so the earlier seasons), and I love love Arrested Development! I totally love that kind of dry humor!;) I'm also a big scifi/fantasy geek too so I loved (when they were on) Buffy/Angel, Battlestar Galactica, XFiles, Alias, Lost and have you ever seen the Big Bang Theory? As you can tell, I'm a bit of a tv addict.:eek: Good thing I workout to compensate for the couch potato tendency!:eek:

Well, gotta go update my STS ticker! I did disc 16 today and I made myself do all the chest exercises. I have to stop being a baby and skimping on those!
Have a good evening everybody!
Colleen

Love Big Bang too! Hilarious! Used to watch XFiles.....last season for me kinda sucked. You didn't like the last season of Dexter???!!! Why??!! I used to be a big fan of 24 season's 1-4. After that it really got bad. Hmmm I am trying to think of others I used to watch......Sopranos, Six Feet Under. I know there are more. Evening TV watching is and has always been my "downtime". I used to be a big reader too......Dean Koontz, Dan Brown, every Harry Potter book, Steven King. I just bought a new Dean Koontz book, but I'm too tired to read it :(

I am off to watch Californication. Great series.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.