Starting 3 mo LIS/STS rotation Feb 12th

MichelleW

Cathlete
I'm starting the 3 month LIS/STS rotation on Feb 12th and would like to check in for accountability and motivation. I am relatively new to the forum so not sure if I join in an existing thread/group or create a new one. Please advise. Thanks.

Hi! My name is Heidi and I just started this rotation. Are you doing Cathe's version or another members?

You can do either for checking in. If there is another group just starting maybe catch up to see how things are going.
I would be happy to check in with you here if you would like. :)

I am mixing my rotation with Cathe's and another's because I have to be careful with my calf. I injured it back in December and am now getting back in the swing of things.
Saturday I started off with disc 1 M1 and yesterday I did LIS TB tri-sets for the lower body. Oh I am feeling both w/o's for sure! Lol! All good though.
Today will be disc 2 and an easy run to thaw out my legs.

These are the links to the 2 different rotations:

By Cathe http://cathe.com/forum/f100/january-2012-double-rotation-287356/

By Ann Marie http://cathe.com/forum/f100/sts-lis-3-month-rotation-287302/

What's your plan for today?

Bbs!

:)

Last edited:
Hi Heidi,

Thanks for responding.

Thanks for the info - I actually did join in on another group.

I decided to bypass the rest of the one month and start Cathe's three month rotation today. Tonight it will be Chest Shoulders and Triceps.

I wouldn't mind checking in on two threads as I would like the accountability expecially since you are doing most of the same rotation and also it is a chance to get to know more ladies.

I also have some limitations - I have spinal arthritis so I won't be doing Plyo Legs when we get to that - I will sub Turbo Barre and I also have to modify and sub parts of the LIS videos.

You go girl on your workout! It is inspiring and motivating to hear from others and will help me stay on track.

TTYL.

Michelle

Hi Michelle! :)

I will be here for you! This is going to help me be accountable as well. :)

Are the ladies doing the 3 month rotation as well?

I did Disc 2 Back and Tri along with a 40min running interval. I almost chickened out of doing the back parts because my back is already sore from yesterday's Tri-Sets LB. Those dixie cup pick-ups got me good! Becareful on these for sure!

Let me know how you did. :) Have fun!
BBS
Heidi

Hi Heidi,

I did STS Disc 16 and it was great! My arms were shaking afterwards and I am sure I will have DOMS in the next couple of days :D.

I didn't know my 1RM, but kind of guestimated and it worked for the most part. I read on one DVD that you can figure out the 1RM without have to test it all out.

I need to purchase some heavier weights and eventually, a Turbo Tower and barbell. But for now, maybe some heavier dumbbells.

Thanks for sharing your workout and for holding me accountable on mine.

Nite nite.

Michelle

Awesome job Michelle! :) how are you doing today?

I used db's starting off too which is just fine. My heaviest db now is a 35.
Because I have boys in the house we have several bb's and many weight plates. ;)
I did get the turbo tower and like it for the pull ups etc. I can't wait to get to the point of lifting my self completely off the floor. ;)

I am sore from head to toe. Upper is better but Oi my lower! Lol!

Today will be LIS CSS. I will start with sets 1-4 and work my up to using the sliding discs. I injured my calf during afterburn using the discs so I will be on the cautious side.

High fives to you and have a great work today!

Bbs
Heidi

Hi Heidi,

Great job on your workout yesterday - strength and cardio all in the same day! I may have to do the same tonight, if I have the endurance as I won't be able to do cardio tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice on the dixie cups - I tried it on Afterburn and can't bend down quite that far with my spinal arthritis, but maybe eventually. I stretch every morning, but need to do a longer stretch session, just trying to figure out how to fit it all in. Need to be balanced with my time.

You asked if the ladies on the other thread are also doing the three month rotation - one of them is and just started Monday too. I know you started on Sat so we are only a couple days off. The others are doing other rotations and/or workouts.

I will check in after my workout tonight or tomorrow to let you know how it goes. Let me know how yours goes as well.

This checking in is helping me stay on track and not trying to cheat myself out of my workouts, so thanks!!!

Have a good day.

Michelle

Hi Michelle! :)

Thank you! Believe me when I say I am feeling the burn today. LOL! I still haven't done my planned cardio workout due to catching up on paperwork.
My oldest son is here visiting right now too and the boys are playing a game in my w/o area. ;)
I will plan on doing the CSS 1-4 w/o as soon as I can tonght.

Which w/o's will you be doing tonight ?

Oh I am using the 9oz size on the dixie cups. I am sure that Cathe's are much smaller! LOL! :)

Have a great workout tonight! Check back when you can and I will too.
BBS
Heidi

Hi Heidi,

I am leaving work as soon as the rain stops and will be doing Tri-Sets LB. I am feeling the DOMS from last nights workout so I know I will really feel it tomorrow.

Sounds like you are a seasoned exerciser so LIS CSS won't be too tough for you?

I am feeling tired now, but maybe after drinking my chia seed drink and after the TS LB, I may add in LIS CSS for cardio. I like what you are doing 1-4, maybe I will do that too to save some time.

I may try larger cups too. I'll have to play that by ear and maybe try that in a few weeks after I get acclimated.

I will likely check in tomorrow as I need to be a good girl and get to bed at a decent hour tonight ;).

Enjoy LIS CSS!!!

M

Hello again,

I had some time so I logged on tonight. I did TB Tri-Sets LB and it kicked my butt. The one-legged cross over squats were killer. I did not use dixie cups, will build up first that eventually. I followed it with LIS CSS Step Express.

BTW, I noticed Cathe has two new workouts on pre-sale and 30% off existing DVDs. I have most of LIS (and don't want the rest), STS 1/2/3, Ab Circuits, Stretch Max, Lower Body Blast, Step Moves and Athletic Step. Do you have any suggestions for others?

How did it go for your tonight?

Thanks!

Michelle

Hey Michelle!
Great job last night on your w/o! :)
How are your legs!? Oh that lb w/o got mine good! ;)

I did look at the new ones but I am holding off for now. I have to get through what I have now. ;)

Suggestions: the pyramids and GS! :) love these! :)

I didn't get mine in but made it a point first thing this morning.
Finished 1-8 modified jacks did regular etc. no step bonus I am wiped! Great w/o! Next time step first then intervals. :)

What's your plan for today? Make it a good one! :)

Off to shower and work.
Bbs
Heidi

Hello Michelle and Heidi!

I started the 3 month LIS/STS rotation on Saturday Feb 4 and I would love to check in with the 2 of you if you don't mind! :)

So I am changing the order of the work outs in this rotation to suit me better. I am putting all (or as many as possible) STS work outs on the weekends because they take a lot longer then LIS overall. I also had to make some additional order changes because I will be out of town over President's Day weekend and unable to do the work outs that the rotation calls for.

So I already "know" Heidi! Hey girl! This will be our first Cathe forum check in together! :)

Nice to "meet" you Michelle! Welcome to the forum! I find check in's great for accountability and have been doing it since shortly after discovering Cathe's work outs and these forums. :)

Hope you are both having a great day!:cool:

LOL! Hey Wendy! :) You are more than welcome all the more the merrier right? ;)

Great job this morning on your LIS LIChallenge w/o Wendy! :)

AWESOME! Loved that CSS w/o even with the modified version of the sliding disc moves. I did regular exercises instead and it worked out just fine. I am still a little nervous about my calf but my PT tells me that I am ready to hit it harder and increase my running speeds.

Michelle: I have been workingout for many years using different exercise DVD's or VHS tapes like the Firm series. (which I still go back to for something different ;) ) My favorite exercise and always will be is running. ;) I am not a marathoner and don't want to be but love trail and the lure of shorter races.
Several injuries over the course of the years has put me on the sidelines but I have learned to keep it reasonable now and take it slower getting into new programs. ;)

Have a great workout tonight! :) We will be here routing for ya!

Tomorrow's plan is STS #3 legs. ;)

Friday: A cycle w/o and abs for sure! I have to take my Mom to her PT appt.

Saturday: STS #4 (have to get this in really early for I have a memorial to attend for a loss of a friend.)

Sunday: Turbo Barre! ;)

Off and running to work and errands. Make it a good one!
BBS
Heidi

Too funny Heidi-I checked in and never mentioned what work out I did today! Good thing you already knew! ;):p:D Told ya CSS was a goody! Have fun with STS legs tmrw! Those work outs are KILLER! :eek:

So I've decided to sub in P90X upper body work outs where ever M1 STS upper body is. Reason being because M1 is my least fave meso of STS for upper body plus I have been wanting to do some P90X for a while now but just haven't gotten around to committing to a rotation so I think this is a good compromise! Nothing like sticking to a rotation as written huh? :rolleyes:;):p:eek:

Hi! :) Just checking to see what you two have been up too!

How are you doing tonight Michelle? I hope you had a good day!

LOL! Wendy! Yup I caught ya!
HAHA! Well whatever suits ya on the rotation and if you need to make changes so be it.

I will add some ab workouts in here and there as well. ;) I just feel like I am missing out on these even though there are a lot of moves that do hit the abs anyway. (like the sliding disc burpees etc.)

Michelle have a great workout tonight! :)

BBS to check in again... ;)
Heidi

Can you tell I just love smiley faces? HAHA!

Hi Wendy and Heidi!

Welcome, Wendy! I have seen your avatar on some other forums so it is nice to see a "familiar face." :D

Glad to have two seasoned exercisers to be accountable to and with. I agree, these check ins really help. It is fun and motivating to share with ladies of like mind.

I actually decided to start the rotation on Monday instead of Feb 13th so I am only a couple days behind you and Heidi.

Heidi - yes, my legs are sore from last night and upper body is even sore-er from Monday. I cannot workout tonight so I doubled up last night. I hope to workout tomorrow, but hubby will be home and on the TV I am sure, so I maybe have to double on Friday too. In fact, I may consider what Wendy is doing to change the rotation around a bit. I was thinking about that this morning because I have more time on the weekends, but I am concerned about overtraining so I will give is some more thought.

Have a great workout tonight, ladies and I will TTYL.

Michelle :cool:

Hi Michelle!
Good job on the Dons! :)
Enjoy your evening.

That is a good thought about being careful starting off and not to overtrain. :)

Will talk more about that tomorrow. :)

Have a good nights rest all.
Bbt
Heidi

Good Morning.

After Burn is on tap for this morning and my butt still hurts from TBTS LB! :eek::( Waaaah! :p

Michelle-Doesn't your DH know that your exercise schedule takes total priority over his tv watching schedule? ;) So I read about your arthritis. I have osteoarthritis arthritis in my neck. Thankfully it doesn't bother me all too often but when it DOES act up it's brutal and puts me "out of the game" for a couple of days. :( For a little background on me, I've been an exerciser on and off since high school. I am 39 now. Going to be 40 in April. :eek: My exercise routines were flightly at best until I got engaged to be married back in 2001. (married in 03) That's when I started working out and improving my diet to lose a few pounds and never looked back! I found Cathe in December of 2004 when I was a few month pregnant and have loved her ever since! I enjoy a variety of other trainers as well though so I sometimes go for months with out doing a Cathe work out but always find my way back! :)

Heidi-As I had said, I plan to add dip station abs to this rotation myself so I understand where you are coming from!:)

Eegads-my time is up already! :eek: Gotta go work out now! Wish me luck!:D I'll be back!:cool:

Last edited:
Morning Wendy and Michelle!

GO WENDY GO! LOL :) Have fun!

I hear ya too on the LB DOMS! I have STS Disc 3 legs on tap for today and later my PT appt. EEK!

Michelle: Enjoy your rest day! :) Giving your muscles a break is a good thing. What will you do tomorrow?
As for double duty workouts I like to do upper with cardio. This works perfectly for me and I don't feel like I overtrained.

Here is a link to a great article on overtraining: http://www.jillianmichaels.com/fitn...g?xid=nl_LosingItWithJillianMichaels_20120209

Off to get my butt moving. Have a great day!
BBS
Heidi

Last edited:
Ok, AB is done but man was I cursing Cathe on the dixie cup moves! :eek::eek::eek::p Added on some dip station abs too!

Heidi:: Enjoy legs today! I know you'll be feeling my pain!:D Hope PT goes well!

BBL!:cool:

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.