SMALL VICTORIES---April

Thanks Stacy! Hope all is well with everyone.

Trying to "rebalance" my days as I incorporate vegetable and flower gardening for the next 5 months! :eek: Planted carrots, lettuce, onions, asparagus, and strawberries in the last week. My girls are loving it.

Interval day today - probably LowMax - but, I might try something else. Planning on reviewing Gymstyles today to see how to incorporate them into my routines.

Blessings,
Donna

Congratulations, on the accomplishments of the last few months! Onward!

Balance is everything, sounds like a great garden plan, looking forward to hearing more about intuitive eating, too, sounds like that's really working!

Reviewed timesaver #1 (on the floor), mirrored, no less, hope I don't fall off the step when I do it for real, no foolin'! :eek:

I thought I better start doing the step that way because if I ever do go to a class or to a RT, don't want to be goin' the wrong way!

Linda:)

Hello!

Donna, the garden sounds fabulous! I have neither the yard space or the green thumb!

Linda, are you sampling all of the Timesavers? They're pretty good workouts when you're short on time that's for sure!

My small victory for today was doing 2 of the 3 chapters on my new Tonique Mat workout. For a floor workout with no ankle weights, it was quite a little workout! I still have to work thru the other Tonique workouts I have and figure out a way to incorporate them into a knee-friendly rotation that's also got enough cardio and upper body work! I'm up for the challenge as there's some glowing results in some threads over at videofitness.

Tomorrow is a planned rest day.

Intuitive Eating is going ok so far, I'm still in that "I should eat like the Last Supper because I may not give myself permission to eat this food again" mode. I'm also really trying to eat breakfast, and a bigger than normal lunch so I wont binge at dinner and stuff myself with before dinner snacks. I should be getting my other book soon.

Good Morning!

Well after one month with my husband gone 6 out of the 7 days - he is home for awhile. Such a blessing. We missed him - but, was proud of the work for his business.

Doing Kick, Punch, Crunch today. Thinking about doing April's Rotation - will decide this weekend about that.

Cleaning up my wildflower beds today and planting seed tomorrow. Wonder if I am burning some calories with this work? :eek:

Blessings,
Donna

Donna / Stacy

I'll bet that gardening burns the calories; good all-around exercise, got the roses fertilized, much more to do!

I'll be doing all the Body Blast timesaver disc next week, practicing the steps on the floor this week, already see Hi-Lo will be modified w/ marches, etc. for lower impact, the others seem okay though so far & fun! (might do it all on the floor though, my knees aren't quite strong enough yet for this) Looking forward to splitting the weight work over a week, that's different, for me. :D

Then..a week of Kickbox/Cardio. Just about a whole week of "other than Cathe " workouts, it's my hope that when I start my next monthly Cathe rotation, I'll come in at a new higher level, hmmmm? Possible? we'll see.

Then a month's rotation of step, weights, & circuits (C & W, HSC), with some conditioning & drills from KM, DM, possibly alternating with elliptical, for 6 days averaging about one hour per day. sounds more involved than it really is, been thinking about it for a while.

I'll post it when I get to it.

Enjoy the day off Stacy! Glad everything's back to normal for you Donna, you girls always inspire!

Have a great one!
Linda :)

Reviewed the steps on #4 timesaver, & darn if I didn't just once think, I oughtta get this series..( you know how that happens...) ;)

Haven't even thought about what to make tomorrow for Easter, got some asparagus from market yesterday :), hope you guys have a nice holiday!

Hi y'all

Hope your having a nice day! practicing steps to #3 timesaver today & making rustic white bean & mushroom casserole (sage bread crumb topping, yum!), asparagus & big salad for dinner, we're a little non-traditional around here!

Starting timesavers tomorrow, 1,2,4,5,3 works for me!

Enjoy the day!

Linda

Hello! No workouts for me this weekend, actually had to work yesterday and catching up on some stuff today. How are the Timesaver workouts going?? Donna...have you done any Gym Styles??

I think tomorrow I'm going to try out another Tonique workout. I want to get a handle on these workouts and how they make my knees feel beore I incorporate them into an actual rotation.

We're pretty non-traditional here too....we're having tacos!

I'm trying a new recipe tomorrow for dinner, actually taking some online recipes and tweaking them a bit....I'm going to make stuffed red peppers and stuff them with ground turkey, and not sure what else yet...tomatoes, maybe celery, onions, fresh herbs...trying to come up with something to hold it together besides the usual rice. I'm eyeing a Paula Deen recipe to use as my base. I'll let you know how it goes!

Donna / Stacy

Love to hear more about the Tonique & Gym Styles, I read a little about, but love to hear first hand! ( & physique 57 Donna, if that's in your weekly rotation :) ) Hey Stacy, I think the last time I made stuffed peppers I used bulgur instead, a Greek style recipe, sounds good!

Timesaver steps a little tricky on the knees, found myself enjoying the new routines, so much fun, and working on technique, can't do these sloppy, no way! it's challenging & kind of exciting, & fun all at the same time, I caught myself giggling again today :p If I can succeed at doing these well on the floor, I'll try again on the step, when I'm doing them for longer than one week, step blast & step, jump, & pump come up in a subsequent rotation (TV versions, unless, hmmmm? ;) )

I never thought I'd find myself doing things like this, stuff I thought I'd never be able to do, now I can say, "Is it possible?" Heck, yeah!

I least I'm thinkin' I can! :confused:

At least now I know there's no reason not to try!

Last edited:
Hi Donna hope all is well! Hey Stace! how's everthing going?

Today timesaver #1, short, but good, opted for the floor routine, good though because I still have a little left/right thing going on with the mirroring...Will I ever get it that I have to stick with the push ups in order to do the push ups?

This week, making tabbouleh for tomorrow on toast/ with hummus, or crusty rolls if I get to the store.

Need perlite for my garden mix, our soils so concrete-like when it's not worked regulary, needs help...going to wait 'til the end of April for veggies!

Hope it's bright & sunny where you are!

Hello the weather was great here today, too bad I had to work!!

I tried stuffed red peppers for the first time today, but kinda made up my own stuffing based loosely on a Paula Deen recipe. I used ground turkey, onion, celery, garlic, fresh parsely, a little low sodium soy sauce for flavor, panko bread crumbs instead of rice, some skim ricotta, diced tomato, then topped it with some shredded cheddar. My husband loved it!

No workout today, by the time I got home from work, went to the grocery store and cooked dinner it was after 7:30. I plan on doing a Tonique workout in the morning.

Hi Stacy, are you still out there, Donna? Missed hearing from you!

I've posted my transitions & April/May rotation in that forum, I find it keeps me focused & I'm less likely to skip days, there's always the chance I'll get comments! :rolleyes: that's just me, it worked pretty good last month.

I have about 3 months of rotations about half figured out, hope it works out, at least it's giving my brain a work out :p

Ever optimistic! :D

Linda

Hi...Linda I'll have to check out your rotation. Good job on the 3 months' worth, even half finished. Me, I'm more in a purposeful non-planning mode.

I did Jillian's NMTZ instead of Tonique today, simply b/c I wasnt in the mindset to learn new moves today. Got a great workout though!

My small victory today....eating dinner and stopping when I was full. I left half of my sandwich and will take the leftovers for work. Normally I wouldve eaten until I was full, ie. "cleaned my plate". Intuitive Eating describes this as someone watching what they eat so closely that they feel entitled to everything on their plate when it is their "approved" or "scheduled" mealtime. I'm still continuing to learn alot of myself with this book.

Donna.....hope you are doing well!

Hi Stace! Hi Donna!

ah, portion control, found that out too on my rest week, better this week...
trying again for the better menu plans. My small victory was committing to the workout plan, and a system to build skills over the next few months.

Someday I hope to be able to not always plan it out, or just be able to do Cathe's mixed rotations. My plan is loosely based on FF's beg/int/adv rotation, but of course mine covers a longer period of time, and utiliizes videos I have, & is pretty specific to my needs & interests. I looked back at that the other day & was surprised at the similarities. Now If I was twenty years younger, fullhead of steam...

A good mindset is just as important to reaching the goals, not in an idealistic way, for me, realistic. I called my first mesocycle easy, but it's not simple.

Linda

Man, all I can say, is my butt hurts, yeah, that's a good one! Timesaver #5 today, Legs (Butt) & glutes, whew!

Hope all is well at your end, tomorrow is the last one I'll do , #3, then switching gears to some Kickbox/Cardio, yesterday KPC was awesome, I see that in my future...:D

Do you do other Jillian's too, Stacy? I don't know if I'd get her or not, is she kinda "bootcamp" all the time?

Have a good day!

Linda
"Are you ready for another set, sure ya are!"

I did P90X Arms & Shoulders with my husband this morning at 6:30am. Yay! We had a great time at a baseball game tonight and I did NOT pig out on concession stand food....my small victory!

Linda....I have 4 Jillian workouts...NMTZ, Shred, BFBM, and her new yoga dvd. I really enjoy them all though Shred even though short is pretty hard and sometimes a bit too high impact on my knees. I dont have any of her earlier workouts but from what I hear her demeanor is alot more hard core and loud in her earlier workouts. I enjoy her no nonsense attitude and her workouts are very effective.

Donna.....how are you???

Shout out to Donna, hope you're doing great!

Hey Stacy, sounds like fun, working out with hubby, & the baseball game, I can't remember the last time... boy, that sounds like fun, good for you on the food! I caved on a Freschetta Portabella/Spinach/mushroom, sounds good until you look at all the salt! Portions out the window, one or two pieces & a leafy green salad would have been fine. Now if I could just make this a healthy way.

My little victory was getting through timesaver #5, ooh, that's a toughie, I'm so glad I did this DVD this week, challenging, & eye-opening :eek: , #3 today, off tomorrow, then kickbox/cardio fest. I watched the biggest loser a couple times, or parts, she's got something going on there that really works.

Linda

Linda....great job on the Timesaver workouts. I have that dvd but dont do it often only b/c I have all the individual workouts. The only parts I usually skip/sub are the floor work cardio parts from SJP...too much on the knees though they are alot of fun!

I looked at your rotation post and saw that in week 1 starting April 19 (??) you're doing C&W cardio premix many times in a row.....are you trying to repeat it to learn the steps or still building your video library? Have you done the Drills from Drill Max before? They're a bit tough in my humble opinion, you may consider not doing them on consecutive days, for me anyway it's a bit much on my knees.

I'm sitting here pondering what cardio workout to do when I'd rather stay in my bed!

I weighed myself yesterday morning and gained a pound since I've given up the dieting mentality. I am 15 lbs from my goal weight. I'm halfway thru Intuitive Eating, havent gotten to the nutrition section yet. Though I'm extremely less stressed and glad I decided to give up the dieting mentality....giving up in words and truly believing it...still working on it. I still want to get these extra pounds off so hopefully I can arrive at someway to do that that I can live with. It's a journey!

Donna....hope you and your family are doing well. We've been thinking about you!

Hi Stacy, Hi Donna

I'm doing the premixes, step only & weights only, partly to learn the steps, and for length, around 30 minutes each, then later in the month I'll do the whole thing for the circuit. I learned LIC this way and it worked well for the rotation too. I know I won't be doing that frog spin thing right off the bat :confused: I modify as needed.

I plan on trying 1/2 of Drill Max at a time to learn, and test the knees, on mornings right after a rest day, to add volume to the weekly schedule & hopefully some skills. In the past few months I found if I develop some efficiency in the movement it's possible to do some medium intensity work.

I think though I'll have to work on L & G kind of strength for it to be reliable.

Hear you on the no diet stress, wish Donna was here, I'd like to hear what she found in her reading too. I read once if you eat a salad at every meal, you're doing good, I think if I'm eating one a day it's good, I know I haven't been eating enough fruit either...oh well, time to turn it around.

I think I may have to get stricter with my meals again to get better nutrition. Have good day!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.