PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION: DECEMBER "GIVE IT YOUR ALL!"

Stacy

Cathlete
It's a holiday month, and in the "spirit of giving", let's try really hard this month to give it our all!

I will be back later to post my workout!

Yesterday I went up in the dreaded attic and got the Christmas wreath, the table top tree and some outside lights. I got the tree set up on the dining room table and hung the wreath on the front door to brighten things up a bit for Hubby's homecoming. While I was up there I got the rest of my winter clothes that had been mistakenly put back in the attic before I unpacked them.

Cleaning house planned for today, as well as a LB workout and if I have the energy left I'll add in some cardio that I skipped yesterday, so I was thinking a STS Plyo Legs workout.

love the theme this month, Stacy.

Peng I bet your house looks cozy and cheery!

halfway done with my long shift...yay me!

Better late than never, I did Bob Harper's Pure Burn Super Strength and pretty much got my butt handed to me on a platter! I can feel DOMS in my thighs already and that's with modifications and fast forwarding thru one whole section!!

Hubby put the tree up today, my job is decorating it. I hope to have it done by Xmas Eve ;)

Andrea, I heard the buzz about the murder-suicide on the Chiefs' team. How sad and they had a 3 month old child too!

Do you two get your doggies Xmas presents?? Every year we say we arent and every year we do!!

yes its heartbreaking. :-(

going to get to watch the game when i get home tomorrow...can't imagine how those guys are going to be able to play.

We usually buy April a squeaky toy or a chicken flavored Nylabone, which she loves., then wrap it up for under the tree then let her rip the paper off.

Weather is good this weekend so hopefully we can get a lot done. Hubby has a bad case of the snuffles and I have a light one, so that may be an issue. Our church has a music program tonight that we'd like to attend.

well i can't resist getting treats and goodies for my babies! Any excuse will do so of course Christmas fits! actually we draw names in my family, one draw between the "adult kids" (my generation) and the "kid kids" (My siblings' kids) and the kid kids have been lovely and have included Pinto and Nelson in on their draw, so they always get a giant stash of rawhides from that arrangement, and i get to shop for nieces and nephews as well :)

two more hours of work, then a dog walk, football, and cardio and weights! :)

My butt is sore (literally!) from yesterday's workout so havent quite decided what workout to do yet. Yesterday's workout also did a decent amount of shoulder work and pushups. I'm thinking of doing one of the LIS workout but not sure which yet.

I ended up doing LIC Step premix #5 which is the blasts followed by the bonus step, then I added on abs.

Tomorrow is a rest day. Tuesday I'm planning on trying a new workout, or rather one I've had forever but looked too intimidating, but I'm trying to push myself a bit harder with my workouts. It is Patrick Goudeau's Lean Hot Bodies.

hmmmm...lean hot bodies sounds tough. squishy uncool bodies are very very easy...lol

i got home and the dogs seemed tired, so i watched the Chiefs game (they won!) and then did cardio and weights...oh boy i could tell I've gained some strength from doing gym styles! that was awesome!

hey KSU won the Big 12 championship last night, we seem to beat Texas regularly but last night was the most fun :) So Stacy congrats to both of us on a successful season! so sad you guys can't do bowl games this year.

Peng, hope you both get your sniffles cleared away!

Last night April raised a ruckus in the backyard, she had cornered a possum! I called her inside {not thinking possum!} then later noticed she has a few scratches on her face so Hubby went outside to investigare! He tracked it to the empty house next door where it was trying to climb a tree. Ewww!

Hubby got his offical termination letter from his employer; some of the things they have been telling him about the possiblity of a job past the end of the year haven't panned out.

Other than the above we've had a nice weekend. the weather is nice, back up in the 70's. We went to a Christmas music program at our church with my parents. Hubby's dad was put in the hospital this week but it out again, and at home.

Andrea, I heard on the radio the Chiefs have started a program to raise money to raise the little girl of the late player. Sweet of them.

Stacy, I have to agree 'soft uncool' bodies sounds easier.

Long, physically and mentally exhausting day at work today. I'm going the way uneasy, uncool, soft, squishy body workout today ;) aka going out to dinner with hubby. All I've eaten all day is 5 almonds and some yogurt, I'm soooooo hungry!!

Tomorrow is a workout, a haircut, decorating the tree and xmas shopping, not necessarily in that order!

Peng, sorry to hear about your husband's job and father in law, never good espec around the holidays. I hope you can both keep up your hope and spirits.

Andrea, good luck with your upcoming bowl game!

Well I worked on my uncool squishy body a little tonight too, pizza with the hubby at our favorite pizza place. It's half price on Mondays and we like to eat on the patio, it was 70 degrees today, so we couldn't pass it up!

I may have worked some of it off rearranging rooms in the house, moving our bedroom into our office room (which is bigger) and our office into our bedroom. Lots of heavy lifting and stuff. Also did the step premix from Step, Pump, and Jump. It was maybe a little too easy! But I was short on time, had to go to the dentist and I got a late start since hubby was lovely and made breakfast today...which took up half the morning! ha ha

Peng, sorry about your husband's job! I have to think something will work out for you all. Also glad to hear your father in law is back home.

Stacy, hope tomorrow is better. Sounds like you need a good dinner!

Today I attempted Patrick Goudeau's Lean Hot Body workout, holy crapola!! It has 5 intervals and then abs. I made it thru the warmup and the first 2 intervals and that was with modifying and pausing, so I did the abs and called it a day. The warmup and 2 intervals took about 25 minutes. I feel like such a wuss!! I actually think I may have been able to go a bit further if I had eaten breakfast and then did this workout a few hours later, but first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, I can do alot of workouts that way, but maybe not this one! I did really like the workout so far though, so it will go on the "to conquer" pile and not the "dread" pile.

I posted in the Open Disc forum something about doing the FIRM's original 90 day rotation, but subbing in Cathe's. I'm still thinking about that, and trying to categorize which Cathe's are Tortoise, Hare and Classics. I had try doing this in the past but at the time it was tough, but now that Cathe has the LIS, and CF and TTM plus so many premixes I think there's more options now. We'll see, I have alot of other projects to work on right now!

Ok, off to run errands!

Hubby and I had routine eye dr appointments today. He got new glasses and I got 'spare' glasses before our insurance runs out. The weather changed to warm again about the time we got our down comforter out, so we are shifting it from place to place, bed during the day and couch at night until it cools off again. Its raining and yucky today, and seems to be getting chillier.

Stacy, a lot of the workouts in my 'to grow into' are also the 'dread' pile. I just never seem to do them, though. Great job on giving it a try.

Andrea, great job on the room rearrangement. sounds like a lot of work but will probably be nicer in the long run. Hubby's office is 'the master bedroom' of our house but its in the front of the house so our bedroom is in the slightly smaller back bedroom. but there's really only a few square feet of difference.

It's raining here too, luckily I had most of my errands done before the major downpour hit. I'd rather this was snow though, much easier for me to get into the festive mood this time of year with snow on the ground!

I have most of my Xmas shopping done :) Hubby still has his his side to do, I got a few things for my MIL but he does the majority of shopping for his side, he likes to do it at the last minute though. Usually my stuff is wrapped and under the tree before he even thinks about shopping!

I'm hoping to get the tree decorated tonight, I'm sick of all the ornament boxes laying around. My dogs are going crazy, everytime I say something about the Xmas "tree" they think I'm saying "treat" and they run into the kitchen and stare up at their treat container ;)

aaaaaauuuuuuuhhhhhhhh wish we could get some rain. The only rain we've had since March I think was from Hurricane Isaac. Other than that, it's been dry as a bone. Sucks.

Sooo, today was push/pull, I upped all my weights, and took an extra long walk with the dogs because global warming means bright sunny warm days in December with no rain or snow. :p

I just got done pre-watching Power Circuit...probably not the best thing to do before bed...it's on tap for Thursday. Tomorrow is a rest day and my first day of five back at work as a full timer! Wish me luck!

night all!

I'm not sure what's the matter with me, but I've had a poor attitude and been in such a bad mood this week that I've tried to limit my contact with others so I don't infect them with my 'black cloud". At any rate I feel better today {maybe its a hormone thing? They get blamed for everything!}

Today is our last Bible study until Jan, so that will be a nice long break. I'm helping out in the Childrens' Dept, because of a lack of volunteers.

The weather is cooling off again.but I've got a climatis, petunia, and purple cornflower blooming in the front yard. The plants are confused too.

Peng, we're all allowed to have those days, but always feel free to come here and vent, that's what we're here for! I've been in the same sort of mood so I can relate, yeah, let's say it's hormones! ;)

Andrea, how's the work schedule so far??

I had a long work day yesterday, feet were throbbing when I got home and when I did get home, hubby was in the kitchen making a really nice dinner, so I helped him cook, had a nice dinner and put my feet up.

This morning, was soooo tempted to sleep in a bit, I start work a bit later today, but I got up and did the Express premix from Afterburn (intervals 1-10 only a single time) and then did abs. I had been in a bit of a frustrated mood lately with gaining a few lbs back so easily after almost 8 weeks of working so hard to lose them. It's such an uphill battle and some days I wonder if it's worth the struggle, but what's the alternative, gaining even MORE weight, health going downhill.....I'll take the uphill ;)

Have a good day everyone, gonna be another long one for me :(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.