KK's January 2007 check in

Netta

Cathlete
Happy New Year everyone!

Today was Chest-Shoulders-Triceps from P90X and I loved it! I'm officially in Phase 2 now. I will do AbX tonite. Have a group bike ride today. We'll see if anyone shows for it, otherwise, I will get a short bike ride in later today. I also get to go to Phase 2 eating so get an extra carb serving a day (total of 2) and 1 less protein serving (total of 4).

Hope everyone has a great day today.

Jeanette

Good Evening!:)

Just a quick check in before bed. Spent the day with my daughter shopping -- didn't get to sleep last night until 4 AM... The dance/event was great -- lots of fun -- but oh, how glad I am the holidays are over. Now back to business. Whew!

Sounds like you had a great day today, Jeanette. Did anyone show for the ride? Hope so. Phase II as well. Congratulations!!

And Becky -- I love pizza, too. Absolutely love it. Too bad you had to leave your DH to go back to school. I hate being away from my DH.

Rhea -- hope you had a great New Years.

It's back on track for me -- will post a workout schedule tomorrow -- need to get to bed right now.

Have a wonderful New Year, everyone -- and way to go this holiday season -- seems we all got through it keeping in the workouts (despite it all) and without gaining too much weight. Yea! We'll just be sure to keep it all up. Have a great day!:7

Good morning ladies.

I have decided to do Cathe's january rotation. I skipped Monday though...didn't think I should workout after all that alcohol the night before. :)

Today I did SJP. Good stuff.

Must get ready for class. Hope everyone has a great day.

-Becky

Good morning,
It was PlyoX for me today and I did much better with it than 2 weeks ago. Also did AbX with DH last night. He struggled to say the least but says he will start doing some crunches. I think he was amazed at how poorly he did. I just tried to encourage him and I hope it motivates him to start working out again.

Yesterday's bike ride was excellent, with 9 riders showing up. We did 28 miles and had a wonderful time, ending at Starbuck's for a non-fat chai latte. Later that afternoon, DH and I took our dogs out to the desert and let them run around. They don't run very far from us. We both sat on some rocks and watched the sun heading downward. It was lovely. Returned home and after doing AbX, watched the DeVinci Code. Enjoyed it.

Becky, I like SJP too. It has a real fun factor for me.

Karen, glad you had fun at the party and enjoyed being with your daughter. I've certainly enjoyed this check in all of 2006 and will continue for 2007.

Got to run,

Jeanette

Good morning!

Sounds like everyone had a great New Years and a safe New Year's Eve. DH actually dragged me out for a drink about 9:30 at the Black Rock. Wouldn't let me shower, put make-up on, etc. Of course, we saw tons of our friends. Thank goodness he didn't make me stay long. I felt like the biggest grung around. (I hate being in public with that feeling.) Anyhoo, I actually did see midnight this year. The first for a long time. (I'm such a boring person lately, gotta loosen up!)

Well, started off the New Year with the Cardio and Weights premix of BM2. That was quite fun. I finally started to learn those step routines. I had made the mistake of trying to do some of the Cardio Fusion where there is no learning the steps....I kept going huh? What? Where? Which foot? By the time I caught up with the moves, the combo was over! So I want to learn the BM2 steps routines before I attempt Cardio Fusion again.

Don't know what is on the list for today. I might try to modify the Jan rotation. Need to go find that first and see. The trouble with this month will be fitting in the workouts with work. I'll be doing what I can. Goal is at least five days a week.

See you later! Have great days!

Good Afternoon!:)

I didn't exercise on Monday either. Not only did I have a little alcohol, but I was up until 4 AM...:eek:

Just looked at the Cathe rotation and I'm going to do it this week -- will have to see about week two as I don't have all the DVD's those come from. But I'll be one day behind on the schedule, as I did IMAX2 today.

Becky -- wow, already back at school -- I thought you might have a few more days.

Jeanette -- not only the bike ride, but the walk in the dessert sounds wonderful -- relaxing and a great time with your DH. I might challenge my DH with an abs routine, also, but he'd probably win -- he does construction work and so he's pretty strong and lean.

Rhea -- I'm with you when it comes to being in public when I haven't showered or don't feel all put together -- so I really can understand what you mean. Hope you do get to come on and post, even though I know it's hard with your work load and all. And Cardio & Weights is one of my most favorite workouts -- right up there with IMAX2 and ME.

So on this Cathe rotation, tomorrow, I'll do SJP -- maybe not the whole thing though, as it's rare that I can workout for 70 minutes at a stretch -- if there's not a good premix on SJP itself, I might just do Cardio and Weights in this segment of the rotation. : )

Am back to work -- putting the final results on the contest I've been running. Must get the new book started -- am down to 4 months now to get it written.

Have a great day everyone and terrific workouts.:7

Morning,
Today was P90X Back & Biceps, with AbX tonite. B&B was tough, but I wasn't sure which weights to use and made lots of notes for next time. The first time thru is always tougher for me. Don't think I've ever worked my biceps this much. Lots of pullups too.

Karen, good for you for picking a rotation. I think it's great to modify timewise to fit your schedule. What are you writing about this time? How is your neck?

Whoa, Rhea! Big night at the Black Rock, huh? You guys are more exciting than we are. We just rented some movies and stayed home. I didn't even stay away until midnight. Went to bed at 11:30 and didn't hear any guns or anything at midnight. I was out. What a fuddy duddy. You started with Cardio Fusion? She doesn't do much instruction on that one, it's more the finished product. I think it's one of the best of this latest set.

Later,

Jeanette

Good morning!

Karen - only four months to write an entire book? Yikes. Are you going to do the so many pages a day thing again?

Becky - how is back to school? Did you get your grades and everything from the big test? I bet you aced it as usual.

Jeanette - Yep, I made the mistake of trying out Cardio Fusion before learning BM2. Oh well. Now I know. I've got to do the cardio sections in BM2 at least a few more times before I can do Cardio Fusion again. Way too frustrating.

Okay, I stuck with Cathe's rotation and did Step, Jump and Pump yesterday. Forgot how fun that workout is. I think today is supposed to be a steady state cardio, so I'm trying to figure out which workout I'm going to do. I don't have a treadmill or anything to run on, so I'm not sure what to substitute.

Have a great day everyone!

Good afternoon ladies!

Karen, it looks like you, me, and Jeanette are all doing the January rotation. Hope you found a good premix is SJP.

Rhea, hope all is great with you.

Jeanette, hope your P90X is going great.

I am doing the Jan rotation as well, but rearranged this week a bit so that the steady state cardio falls on Saturday (that way I don't have to transport any workout equiptment back to Pensacola for the weekend...I can just run on the treadmill there.) So, today I did PLB. That ball work still gets me each time!

Tomorrow is supposed to be what the rotation said to do on Saturday (CTX Kickbox, etc) but I brought Cardio Kicks DVD instead of my CTX. They look kind of similar. So, I think I'll just do some sort of Kick Max premix (brought that one too) minus the leg drills at the end.

Classes are crazy. Very busy!!! I am a study-a-holic once again.
I am really looking forward to seeing DH on Friday evening though. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great evening.

-Becky

It was a premix of SJP for me today -- did the very last one, which was a mix of SJP and Step Blast -- 61 minutes total -- it was good, but it reminded me of what you said on Cardio Blast, Rhea -- the last part was just thrown in without getting to know it first and I was stumbling all over the place.:eek: But it was a good workout.

Jeanette -- those P90X's sound pretty hard -- by the way, what's a pullup? Is it where you hang onto a pole and pull yourself up? If so, I can imagine those would be difficult.

This next book is about a Wild West show and is the last book planned in the Lost Clan series. And I am going to have to do the same thing as before -- so many pages a day -- I'll have to work out what that is exactly, and then stick to it as best I can.

Rhea -- the workout I like best for steady-state cardio if I'm not running outside is BodyMax1 the very first part -- I just love that workout -- especially the warm up for some reason. Also like some of her earlier cardio workouts, as well...have to get past the interesting :eek: workout clothes, though.;-)

Becky -- How were those tests by the way? I'm sure you did terrific -- and now you're back to studying like mad -- good thing that you're seeing your hubby on Friday.

Like you, I'm playing with the rotation a bit, as well, and tomorrow is my steady state cardio -- I'm going to throw in a stretch, as well, I think.

Need to color my hair, but hate those allergic reactions that I get to the hair color, so I think I'll try to go a few more days...

Anyway, have a great day tomorrow and terrific workouts!:7

Good morning ladies.

Today I did KM 50 minute premix (the one with everything except leg drills). It does the bootcamp challenge first (after a stretch), so your HR goes thru the roof! My HR stayed up for the regular kicking/punching combos too (where it is normally pretty low since those combos usually come first). I liked the premix! Next time the full-fledged KM is called for in a rotation,I will do that premix and just add the leg drills...I really like the high intensity first.

Karen, my tests went fine. Now I am concentrating on my first quiz of this new month (today in about an hour). Ick! Hate quizzes and tests!

Must go review that material. I hope everyone has a great day and great workouts!

-Becky

Good morning,
Today called for YogaX but I subbed with Bryan Kest's Power Yoga -Intensive Body Sculpting. I hadn't done this one in a while and it is intense. He really cooks your legs by the poses! I also posted my 30 day pictures in my Picture Trail, not much change but a little and I'm pleased for any kind of change. I also posted my stats after 30 days on the Xers thread for today.

Rhea, enjoy the January rotation, looks like a good one. I do love SJP and have missed my Cathe workouts but I will get back to them eventually. Nice little rain we are having, huh? Glad there wasn't snow on the ground this morning.

Becky, you are soooo dedicated to do your studying and your workouts. Bet most people wouldn't. Take my hat off to you.

Karen, a pullup is where you hang with both hands from a horizontal bar and pull yourself up. I don't have a bar in the house so I sub it with lat pulldowns on the Bowflex. A lot of people use bands instead. Tony on P90X always has people showing modifications. I need to dye my hair soon. Don't have problems with that, but have been having itching in my armpits for a few months now. I've stopped using antiperspirants and it's helping but I still get a little itch. Any suggestions? I've never had this before.

Must run,

Jeanette

Good morning! Err, afternoon!

Yesterday called for Steady state, so I did Kickin Core Turbo Jam. I'm not sure that KC was actually steady state, but oh wel. Today I have a massage scheduled for my shoulder and my hip is actually bugging me today. (it bugs me when I am overtight in either the small of the back or the hampstrings, quads, hip-flexors, etc.) So it will be a rest day for me and I'll pick up today's workout tomorrow. I think the PLB and PUB are scheduled. I haven't done those for a while, but they are sure fun.

Well, have a great day everyone!

Rhea -- It was the steady-state cardio for me today, as well -- did BodyMax2 -- first segment -- then added a stretch. Kickin' Core sounds wonderful -- and a massage even better. I love those massages, as well.

Becky -- I so admire your dedication, too. Isn't it funny about the premixes -- like you, there are some premixes that I like more than the workout, itself. I don't have KM, but the way you describe it sounds absolutely wonderful -- and again makes me want to get it.

Jeanette -- of course I had to go and see the pictures -- you look fabulous, you know. Could you be any prettier? You are braver than I am, I must say -- I wouldn't dare stand full camera in biking shorts -- I have handles on my thighs that I'm always trying to hide. You look so very, very good and conditioned in both picture series -- but you're right I can see a slight difference with the POX's -- especially in the abs region, I think. And love those biceps.

Almost all these antipersperants (sorry about the spelling) have aluminum as part of their formula and aluminum tends to remain in the body and build up, and can cause problems the longer one subjects the body to it. If you go to Whole Foods Market or any Health Food Store -- even Trader Joes -- you can pick up a deorderant stone, which naturally keeps the underarm odor away without subjecting the body to the alumimun buildup.

That's what I use anyway. I've used coconut oil to get rid of my atheletes foot, and perhaps it might help the itching. But if you do this, I'd suggest only using a coconut oil that is not hydrogenated.

Of course I'm not an MD and Becky might have some other suggestions -- but these are some completely natural things that have worked for me. :)

Well, I'd best get along and get myself to bed. Some good news -- my brother-in-law's cancer (skin cancer) is now about 2/3's gone. We are all very happy here about that.

Have a wonderful day tomorrow and some terrific workouts.:7

Good morning and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

This AM I did PUB.That crazy plank work KILLS me! I feel strong now afterwards though...it is good to get back to lifting.

Jeanette, the only thing I can think of is dry skin. The weather has changed a bit (even here in Fl) and if I don't stay completely moisturized, I get dry skin that itches. Have you noticed a rash or any color change? I think Karen's ideas are good. I had never heard of a deodorant stone before. Cool stuff.

Also, thank you for your compliment. I keep myself super busy nowadays since DH is 2.5 hours away and we only see each other on the weekends. (only until May though). That way I can do as much studying as possible during the week and as much playing as possible on the weekend (although not enough playing...still have to do some study). The workouts are a nice break from studying. Sometimes I get to the point where I'd rather have a root canal than study (so exercising is a GREAT alternative!)

Rhea, hope you enjoy PUB/PLB. Are you doing them both today or just one of them? Hope your hip feels better soon.

Karen, don't you just love BM2. I love the V steps and then backwards V steps. Such a change from just up down on the step.

Well everyone, I have class today and then I head back to Pensacola. Depending on how busy I am w/ DH, I may not post this weekend. I plan to do my steady state cardio plus abs from B&G tomorrow morning and to rest on Sunday. I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!

-Becky

Hi all,
Today with P90X Legs & Back and then will do AbX tonite with DH. Good workout today and I upped all my reps and weights on the pullups (I use my Bowflex lat tower). This Phase 2 eating sure agrees with me more. I get 2 carb servings a day and that's just fine for me for energy. Love feeling strong!

Becky, PUB is one of my favorites. The ab work after biceps is a killer for sure. I love planks myself and love the effects of them. Their is a slight rash under my arms. I've tried different laundry soaps, no deoderant. It is located under my arms but at first went slightly around my back a bit. It's better but still pesky. I will try the deoderant from the Health Food store. I need to get in there this weekend.

Karen, that's great news about your BIL. I didn't know he had cancer. Has he had treatments? Thank you for the compliments, Karen, you are so sweet. I feel P90X is helping me, and wondering about upcoming rotations using Cathe workouts.

Rhea, enjoy PUB/PLB. Those are 2 fun, but intense workouts. The ball work is great in PLB, one of my favorite and effective too. Hope the massage is wonderful for you. Snow on the ground this morning. I heard a helicopter early this morning and was worried because my DH drives out to the power plant at Wendel about that time. Guess it's okay. I'm such a worrywart.

Have great workouts!

Jeanette :7 :7

Good morning!

Massage was great. Learned all about my infirmaries (went to someone different and someone a bit stronger than my normal person) I have to avoid overhead weight work (i.e., no military presses) to let my shoulder heal. I actually had knots underneath my shoulder blade. Hmm. So when I do PUB, I will have to modify, modify. Actually, I'm supposed to not do pushs-ups either since that will aggrevate the shoulder too. I think PLB will be in the works today and then only back, biceps, triceps, etc. for upper body work.

Well, got to run. Lots of work to do that I just don't want to do.:eek:

Well, we had an adventure tonight because with the high winds, our power went out -- so it was a candlelight dinner.;-)

It was PLB for me today -- others seem to be doing PUB, so maybe I have my days crossed up here. Love the ball work on that, as well.

Becky -- that plank work gets to me, too. I modify, modify on those cause I'm just not strong enough to do them properly yet -- but I hope to get strong enough soon. Made me laugh with your comment about rather having a root canal than study. :eek: Very descriptive...

Have fun with your DH this weekend.

Jeanette -- my BIL had skin cancer (the bad kind that starts with an M) about 1 1/2 years ago -- and got the operation and it all seemed fine -- then in January it all came back -- I didn't know about it until I'd gotten home from my tour in April. He also decided to fight it using alternate means this time (i.e. nutrition, food, etc). It's been a slow and tough row to hoe and so I haven't mentioned it as it's a bit of a tender subject -- only am bringing it up now because in the past 2-3 weeks, it's been drying up and going away. We're pretty thrilled as it's been a terrible worry.

And snow on the ground -- wow! We had really terrific winds today -- even our cats didn't want to go out. :eek:

Rhea -- knots under your shoulder blades. Goodness! Do you know what you did to have this happen? I know I injured myself over the holidays and the healing has been slow, slow, slow and for an entire week, I didn't do any upper body work at all. Even now, I'm going very light with upper body until it heals. But knots. Wow.

Sounds like a good massuse -- (Don't know how to spell that).

Well, have a terrific weekend, everyone -- it's going to be PUB for me tomorrow -- I might do a premix and add cardio onto it -- as I'm still going light on my upper body. And then tomorrow it'll be KPC for me since I don't have the other kickboxing DVD's.

Have some super workouts!:7

Wow, just lost my message in cyber-space...

Anyway, this weekend has been taken up with hair for me -- coloring it -- the dye that I chose I had a reaction to -- this was on Saturday -- and I spent the day coloring the hair and then trying to handle the reaction.

Today, I've still be handling the reaction and so didn't exercise either to my complete disbelief...

So this weekend for me has been a wash -- but I hope that everyone else's was terrific.

Now this next rotation is going to be a hard one for me because I don't have many of the DVD's for this one -- but here goes:

Mon....Imax three -- this one's okay

Tues...Gym Style Chest and Triceps -- I'll sub PUB, up only Premix -- since I haven't done that one yet from last week, plus a steady-state cardio of choice.

Wed...Interval treadmill run for 30 minutes plus leg conditioning drills from Kick Max. Segment one from Core Max -- don't have a treadmill or any of these DVD's -- will sub PLB -- up only, plus another steady-state cardio

Thurs...Gym Style Back Biceps Shoulders -- I'll sub PUB again, perhaps doing the down only premix -- plus a stretch

Fri....Step Blast -- this one's okay

Sat.....Gym Style Legs plus segment two from Core Max -- will sub Legs & Glutes

Sunday....Brisk walk for 50 minutes and stretch -- this one's okay -- I might not be able to do 50 minutes -- but 30 would be fine, I hope.

Well, that's it. Have a great rest of the evening and some terrific workouts tomorrow.:7

Good morning ladies.

Today I did IMAX3. Now I am exhausted!

I had a great weekend w/ DH. It stinks to be back in Tallahassee this morning, but I am looking forward to my 3 day weekend coming up (thanks to Dr. Martin Luther King).

Anyway, today is going to be a doozey. I have to do a male genital, hernia, and prostate exam in clinical lab. We do these various exams on standardized patients that are paid. Nothing like starting off the week w/ a finger up someone's butt. :)

Must get ready for class. Hope everyone's day is great (w/ what I have to do today, I am sure everyone's day will be better than mine :) )

-Becky

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.