Jogglers May 2012

RapidBreath

Cathlete
I had a near death experience yesterday on the way to the dentist for a routine cleaning. I swerved to avoid a car that was drifting into my lane and (for some reason unknown to me.) my car spun around. I was so lucky. I didn't hit anyone. I ended up pointed in the wrong direction on the freeway. No one was angry, the semi truck did not hit me and I was able to get my car started again. Needless to say, I was a bit shaken up from that.

I did go to the dentist. Apparently I must have a rear molar removed and a cavity filled. The molar was a root canal performed over 17 years ago and the root has split and its infected. At least it doesn't hurt. I have an appointment for Friday afternoon. I'm a little bit scared about that, I've elected to go with the local anesthetic instead of a general because they make you fast for a long time and I don't think that would be good for my blood sugar. I don't do well skipping lunch.

This morning, I went for a hike/joggle and then I did stretch max/bands. Tomorrow I have LIC planned, but it depends, my lower body is sore from yesterday's kettle bell workout.

How are you girls?

Alisha

Alisha ~ OMG!!! Thank goodness you are fine. What a scary thing to happen. Once while I was driving in the early morning, a car came over a hill that I was climbing and was in my lane. I can't even remember what I did but the car ended up seeing me, went into the correct lane, then back into my lane then off the road. Luckily he didn't hit anything. It was very scary.

Sorry about your molar. That doesn't sound good but I'm sure you'll be fine. I would have taken the local as well. I'll be sending you good
thoughts on Friday.

Taebo is good for the legs and butt. I got rid of my saddle bags by doing Taebo.

Here is what I've been doing for the last couple of days.

Monday
3 Rounds
20 Presses
15 Push ups
Walking Lunges up and down the driveway
3 Rounds
20 Walking Swings
10 Jump Squats
5 Mr. Spectacular
3 Rounds
20 Weighted Squats
15 Ball Slams
10 Thrusters

Tuesday
30 minute swim - the first of the season - lovely.

Wednesday
4 Mile Run

Tonight is a rest day because I have a 5K race tomorrow - Gnat Days. I promise there will be plenty of gnats too!!!

Hi Tricia!

Alisha - OMG! I'm so glad you are okay! How terrifying! Sorry about your dental outcome! Ugh! I would go general only because local doesn't work well on me and I'm terrified of the dentist too. My BP would be through the roof!

Jane- you just keep working those great workouts!

I've been having an off week. No workouts, but I've been eating well!

Not much else going on. Just trying to get through each day.

Have a good Thursday!

Yesterday I did lots of weed eating instead of a workout. I wanted to get that done before I had to take a couple of days off because of my tooth.

Tricia- Eating well is not easy, good for you!!!

Jane-I will definitely keep the taebo in my rotation! Good job on your workouts!
How was your race?

Alisha

5K race is tonight. It will be full of gnats, I'm sure. This is the 5th time I'm doing this race and last year was the worst of all with the gnats. We'll see what it will be like tonight.

Alisha ~ Sending you good thoughts today. Weed Eating is a pretty good workout.

Tricia ~ Glad to hear you are eating well.

I'm so happy it's Friday!!! I'm leaving at 4 today. Tomorrow is a shopping day with mom. Love to go shopping with mom. Then maybe a swim in the afternoon.

TGIF!

I lived!

The whole process was surreal, but that old tooth is now gone. I'm not allowed to workout for a couple of days. I have to wait until it has stopped bleeding (yuck.) Eating is not on my list of fun things to do right now, maybe I will lose a couple of pounds!

Jane- How was your race? Did you eat any gnats? I always end up inhaling a tiny bug or two when I run.:confused: Its so gross.

Tricia-How is Peanut? Had a good workout today? Are you still eating raw?

Alisha

I posted The other night! It disappeared! : (

Alisha - glad all went well at the dentist!

I did finally workout today. Did Low Impact Challenge. Like that one a lot, but can't wait to get all the moves down! Did great until the later combos. Those got fast and furious! lol

I'm making a new commitment to be not myself. No more laziness, no more me-bashing, no more sleeping in! Getting myself a new image and a little more self-confidence . . .hopefully. Going to try really hard anyway!

Jane - WTG on your Gnat 5K!

Oops! Alisha, thanks for asking about Peanut! She's doing okay. She gets excited or happy sometimes and forgets she can't get around fast and bumps into everything! It's cute and sad at the same time!

Tricia- I hate it when the computer eats the post. I also have found LIC to be challenging choreography. Sometimes I just do something else until they come back to where I am. :p

Jane- How was that 5k? It seems like you need a gnat mask.

I am still on rest because of my tooth. I'm not even allowed to bend over. Sheesh. I'm able to eat on the other side of my mouth. I had ravioli for breakfast. That was easy to eat. I'm not allowed to workout until it has completely stopped bleeding.

Alisha

Alisha, you'll be up and grooving again in no time! Hope your weekend was a good one even with recovering from that dental visit!

The sun finally came back out here this afternoon. Not for long though. We have more rain moving in for a few days. Not going to complain because we need it! Stephen is going to Chicago on Thursday for a conference. He's presenting a paper on R in Finance there and will be home on Sunday. Wish I could have gone, too, but one of my co-workers already has a trip this week. Oh, well.

Hi Jane!

Just got Ani Phyo's 15-Day Fat Blast and am planning to start that next week- as soon as I read through it so I know how it works and I won't have any setbacks! Excited to try it!

Going for a run tomorrow. Going to go back to my original plan and integrate running with my Cathe workouts.

I've missed the weekend again.

So I'll get you guys up to speed. Gnat days 5K was hot but the gnats were very few so that was good. I went back and looked at my times for the last 4 years and it was apparent that I am getting slower each year. I did the same this year coming in 5 or 6 seconds slower than last year. I did place 1st in my age group so I guess the time doesn't really matter. This is a hard race in lots of way. It's at 7pm meaning I was up at 5:15am, worked a full day and then did the race. Also it was HOT!! It was 90 degrees and humid. I saw a girl wearing a long sleeve black t-shirt. Seriously? Who thinks...I'm running a 5K in 90 degree heat...let me wear a long sleeve t-shirt?

Saturday my sister and I took mom shopping. We got home at around 1:30. I fell in my carport bringing in the groceries. My ankle hurt but was not swollen and I broke a dozen of eggs...yikes...but at least I was ok. I went to my friend's pool and swam 70 laps.

Sunday morning ran 8 miles, rested a bit and then went to my mom's house and helped her around the house and worked in the yard for about 30 minutes, then came home and clean my bathroom.

Tonight will be some sort of upper body workout but I have to find a workout.

Alisha ~ I'm so glad things went will at the dentist. Sorry about not being able to workout but at least you are getting a good rest and since you can't really eat...well...you will probably lose a couple of pounds. Enjoy the rest.

Tricia ~ Give Peanut a hug for me. What a sweetie! Good job on your commitment to yourself. Keep running and doing Cathe workouts. That is a great combo. We haven't had a rain in a while. We got a little last night and maybe a little today. The weather channel says 40% and the local weather says 80%. How can they be so different?

Hope everyone has a great Monday.

Tricia- That fat blast plan looks great. I might pick up a copy. I googled it because I wasn't really familiar with Ani and I'm impressed with the reviews on Amazon.

Jane- Hi!

I am feeling a bit better. Now my jaw is a bit sore still, my surgeon had told me to expect bruising. I had a really tasty quinoa, cashew, and mint salad for breakfast. I'm watching my calories because I'm not ready to exercise yet. I still look like a chipmunk.

Alisha

Here is tonight's workout.

[FONT=&quot]Two separate circuits of 40 seconds work/ 20 seconds rest for 3 rounds non-stop. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Rest 2-3 minutes between circuit A and circuit B.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Circuit A:[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Kettlebell Push Press[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Battling ropes[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Box Drills[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Upright Rows[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Circuit B[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Slam ball[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Halos[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Push ups[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Weighted Step ups[/FONT]

Alisha - Chipmunks are cute! ;)

I am going to try Tracy's Omni today. Its not as intense as Cathe. I've stopped bleeding. I'm awfully hungry though so I better start working out.:p

Its good to know that chipmunks are cute!

Jane- Good job on the race. I don't think I would want to do a race in the evening after work. I would just be too pooped. Long sleeves? No way not for me. I'm so sorry that you fell.

Tricia-How is the fat blast going? I'm thinking about making myself a green smoothie. I have plenty of spinach, celery, juices of different flavors. You always inspire me to try different foods. I probably wouldn't have thought raw on my own.

Alisha

I am taking a rest day.

Alisha ~ I'm glad the bleeding has stopped. I hope you can eat some real food now.

My ankle was bothering me a little bit yesterday but it is fine today. I also have a scrape on my elbow that I didn't notice until the next day. Duh!

Hi Tricia ~ Hope all is well with you.

Last edited:
I skipped last night's workout

I was just too tired. I don't have a good excuse. Today is a combination of 3 mile walk and Jillian's No More Trouble Zones (whole body workout). Its a beautiful day! Tomorrow will be a jog/walk and either some yoga or pilattes.

I went to see The Hunger Games yesterday. It was a bit disturbing but a friend had warned me about that before so I was prepared. I hope I can get a copy of the books from the library.

Jane- I hope your ankle is feeling better today.

Tricia- Hi!

Alisha

I am going for a 4 mile run tonight unless it rains and then I will find something else to do. It's been rainy in the afternoons here but that's fine because we need it.

Alisha - My ankle is feeling good. It's good that you rested yesterday. I'm glad you are enjoying a beautiful day.

My sister just finished reading The Hunger Games. She really liked it so I guess I will read it next. I haven't seen the movie though.

Hi Tricia!

You are cleared for take off!

Bye bye bleeding,
Hello healthy eating,
Bye bye motrin!

Ok, so this morning I did do 3 miles and Jillian's No More Trouble Zones. I do admit, that one makes me sweat. A lot. It might be because its finally hot, in the low 90s. Give it half a minute, I'm sure the triple digits are just around the corner.:eek: I'm leaning towards Step Fit and some belly dancing for tomorrow.

Jane- I'm glad your ankle is feeling better.

Tricia- 'chirp chirp chirp'. .. ...

Alisha

Hi ladies!

I admit I haven't felt like typing on my iPad a lot lately, so have been reading, but keep telling myself to move to my laptop and forget!

Alisha - I'm glad you're back to being able to eat and workout again! I haven't started the fat blast program yet. I drove Stephen to the airport this morning bright and early (ugh), and am planning on going shopping for Phase 1 and 2 soon. I was hoping to go tonight or tomorrow so I can start on the weekend, but we shall see. Usually, by 5 p.m., I'm done for and just want to come home.

Also, Peanut hurt herself the other night trying to get on the couch. Not sure what happened. Maybe a pulled muscle or something, but she's definitely in pain. She won't get on the couch anymore and going up the stairs is hard for her. She also stayed in bed all night last night, which is highly unusual for her. Taking her to the vet today. I hope she just pulled something and didn't hurt her back!

Let me know if you decide to try the raw plan! I'll help you through if you do!

Jane - Great workouts! I want to read the Hunger Games books as well! I can get them for my Kindle on loan like the library from Amazon, but you only have 3 weeks to read them or something like that, so if I get them, I better read like a maniac! lol

We've had nothing but rain all week and only one day without last weekend. It's supposed to stop today, but we shall see! I'm hoping to play golf this evening with the girls. We started a little foursome last summer. It may be too soggy.

Anyway, I finally got my lazy butt on my laptop to catch up! I haven't worked out this week, but if I don't go shopping or play golf tonight, I'll do a Cathe workout. Why is it so much easier when Stephen isn't home? I have got to get over that!

Have a good day you two!

Tricia- I know that its both hard because you miss Stephen when he is gone but also easy because then you don't have that attractive distraction. I'm so sorry about Peanut, I hope she is feeling better today. I've never gotten into golf which is kind of interesting because I literally live over the ridge (get errant golf balls in the back yard) from Serrano (one of Tiger's favorite spots.)

Jane- How was your run?

I'm going to do Step Fit in a couple of hours (no risers.) I haven't done any step for over a week. My tooth feels fine but I have residual bruising. This afternoon I have to get another tooth filled. My brother will drive me because I often feel funny after getting dental work done. It is nice and sunny outside. I hope that I will feel totally fine in tomorrow morning, because I want to run.

Alisha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.