Jogglers Feb. 2012

RapidBreath

Cathlete
Happy Heart Month!!! I did enjoy yesterday's joggle. This morning I did the second premix from Low Max. Because Low Max is so long, it was still a 45 minute workout. I'm feeling much better after yesterday. I had a nasty GI bug. I did that joggle because my Dr. told me to exercise (several years ago now.) when I had IBS issues. It does help. I found relief from taking some probiotics, marshmallow root, and magnesium. I expect I will do Cathe's Relax yoga disc this evening.

Tomorrow I have a training session on creativity. Its also the first Friday, which makes it a 'visit the co-op' day. We have an extra 10% off every first Friday. It started when the Governator was putting all the state workers on 'Furloughs' which meant that they couldn't go to work, but were still required to perform as much work as before. They pretended that 'furloughs' ended, but they just changed the name, now that one day off is on any day that the boss decides, rather than cast in stone to be on Fridays. This means I can get my organic veggies.

Anywhooo,

Jane- I am sure you have gotten in a good workout, you always do.

Tricia- Did you make anything tasty to eat today? Did you get a workout? How are things for Stephan?

Alisha

Hi Alisha - Glad to see you've been getting in some good workouts! I had issues with IBS for a while way back when. I wasn't working out at the time. As soon as I went back on a regular workout schedule, it all resolved. I think mine was triggered by stress and exercise relieved that stress. I'm glad it helps!

Woo-hoo for 10% off! We don't get fresh produce during the winter like that up here. : ( Living on leftovers now between the raw pasta and marinara and the 3-bean chili. Nothing new yet. No workouts. Stephen is getting along. He's tired this week. We're both looking forward to the weekend.

I've been coming home after work and reading instead of working out. I love to read! Wish I could do both at the same time! lol At the moment, I'm reading Vampires of New England, Live Raw by Mimi Kirk and Ancient Rome (another Roman history book). I can't seem to read only one book at a time these days!

Hi Jane!

TGIF!!

Yesterday I went for a 40 minute run. I was tired and hungry but I did it anyway. It was beautiful...in the 70's and I can tell the days are getting longer because I didn't have to use my headlamp. I guess I can put that way until next year. Yay!!

This is the workout I'm doing today. It's a "Jane Original". Running, Legs and Abs. Yikes!

200m Run
25 Walking Lunges (25 each leg)

200m Run
1 minute med ball sit ups

200m Run
25 weighted squats
200m Run
1 minute Pull over Sit ups
200m Run
25 Jump Squats
200m Run
1 minute Russian Twists
200m Run
25 weight static lunges (25 each leg)
200m Run

Alisha ~ I'm glad you are feeling better. Enjoy your creative training day and your time at the co-op. I'm so glad you can get your organic veggies.

Tricia ~ I love to read too but only 1 book at a time. I did that reading challenge on Goodreads last year and hit my goal of 75 books in one year!! Whew...the last month, I was reading the shortest books I could find so I could make my goal. Now...I just enjoy reading. The challenge was too stressful at the end and I'm able to read all my big books now.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Hi Jane! LOL That's too funny about your book challenge! My goal is pretty much just to get myself reading more regularly again like I used to. I love to read, so it doesn't really stress me out to push for a certain number of books. My average yearly books read used to be close to 100 every year before the invention of the DVR! lol

I love your workout for tonight! Going to copy that one, too! Thanks so much for sharing these!

I noticed how light it was tonight coming home too! We've been cloudy and drizzly for a few days, so it really makes a difference when it clear up - finally! Very excited!

I am going to try for the February 2012 rotation. It's in my calendar and we shall see how far I can get! I think I'm in a dark place. Last night after work, I had to go to CVS for toothpaste and stuff and I bought 2 bags of PB cups (on sale 2 for $3). I brought one bag in for Stephen to take to school and I kept one bag in the car. Mind you, this was just last night. The bag is gone. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I need to fix it and fast! This type of behavior is not good, making me bummed out and just ruining everything!

One day at a time, right? We shall see what tomorrow brings.

My Peanut is having trouble with her vision. Not sure if I mentioned that, but it just started this week. We're taking both pups to the vet tomorrow. It seems her close vision and mostly on her right is gone or decreased. She doesn't see food drop nor does she see when I move a biscuit to that side. I'm so worried about her! I'll let you know what the vet says tomorrow. They don't go until 2 p.m.

Hi Alisha! Hope you've had a fabulous Friday!

Thank goodness for hot pads.

My Friday was very interesting, I attended a seminar on 'Creativity for Managers." I ran into some gals I have seen at other seminars and we talked about how to solve managerial issues including dealing with negative people (I'm related to one.), brown nosing, and passive aggressive behavior. I have a degree in communications but they didn't teach us this in college!!! I think this is more useful than what I had in school. I did not exercise yesterday.

Since I was sitting on my butt all day, I was only hungry at 8 am. I'm doing so well with the eats. Its not perfect but I'm much more in touch with my body's signal for hunger or 'nope not hungry.' I had some chicken (organic from the co-op.), some quinoa salad (sunflower oil, no mayo.). Lunch was a very small green salad, and a yogurt. I had purchased a sandwich, but wasn't hungry, so I didn't eat it. I wasn't even hungry for dinner, so I didn't eat that either.

I did enjoy the co-op yesterday. We got plenty of organic coconut oil, tamari sauce, grass fed beef, organic potatoes, tangerines, and some enzymes. Did you notice, Trader Joe's discontinued their papaya enzymes. This is a problem, we use those to help my mother's digestion.

This morning, I woke up raring to go, and I tweaked my back:rolleyes:. So I'm sitting on a hot pad, I had a tuna sandwich (left over from yesterday.) and some dark chocolate Dove bites. I will be spending the day doing data entry. I hope to be all better this afternoon. If I can walk/hike, that is what I will do. Its sunny but we anticipate rain on Tuesday (thats good for the water table!). For some reason, step is harder than a joggle.

If I'm all better tomorrow, I will do RS.

Tricia- What is wrong with you is that you are using food to stuff down a feeling, or to avoid a feeling altogether. Something is eating at you which is why you are eating food, its really just passing the buck. You must go get a copy of "Full-Filled" by Renee Stephens, its available on iTunes as an ebook, and on Amazon as a hardbound. That book has helped me immensely. The only way I know of to solve a binge habit is to solve the core issue. You really can't patch it up with 'resolve' or 'will power'. Will is one weak ass dude, he can't power much of anything;) When you set aside the food, what the problem is will surface. The food is numbing you out, like taking a tranquilizer.

Please, please, please get that book, it can really help you get past the struggle and suffering!!!!!!!

I hope that Peanut is feeling better soon!!! I'm personally a little torn about a pet with blindness, we did not put down my beautiful orange kitty even though she developed some hearing loss and blindness (named Jon which is Cherokee for Bear, which is my totem. Btw, if you see a Polar Bear in your dreams, its me:p) She did well for the last few years of her life, we loved her very much, my brother was very attached to that cat. In many ways she was his best friend. Sigh, I still miss that kitty, even though its been over 5 years. She died in the heat storm several years ago, many people died in that. :(

Jane- That looks like a great workout!! For me reading is a challenge because of time. I love to read, but I tend to get so caught up in a book, that I don't want to put it down until I'm done, which puts a crimp in normal every day things, like doing laundry or dishes:p

Alisha

Hey Alisha! I will definitely look into that book. Thanks!

Glad you had a productive day with your seminar. School never covers the important things about managing people!

Glad someone has the food under control. Your take from the co-op sounds delicious!

I hope your back is okay. I hate when that happens! I just get lazy and don't want to pull the step out so I do kickboxing instead! I downloaded the Feb. rotation into my calendar , but skipped BM2 . Sheesh! Cathe loves starting rotations with that one! I'm starting on Day 2 ! Lol

Peanut has definitely lost her vision in her right eye. My poor baby. It's just that side so she can still see out of her left. We are getting the puff test done on Thurs. They have to retrieve the unit from their other office. Today's visit cost a fortune for both pups and Peanut still needs her test and a dental cleaning! Sigh. It never ends.

Oh, well. Such is life!

Hi Jane!

Tricia- I am so sorry about your Peanut.

I am taking a yoga day. My back is still hurting. I hope I will be better by Tuesday.

Catch ya later!

Alisha

Happy Sunday.

I hope you guys are having a great day.

Here is Saturday's workout:

Three Rounds - 6 reps each of: DL, back row, front raises, bicep curl, hammers, OH tricep extensions, tricep kickbacks.

5 Rounds - 15 Chest Fly, 15 swings

5 Rounds - 12 Push Press, 12 swings

4x 30 secs work/30 sec rest Push Press (rest is in the OH position)

50 Jumping Pull ups

4x 30 secs work/30 sec rest Push Press (rest is in the OH position)

5 Rounds - 10 Push ups - 10 seconds rest

My shoulders are starting to hurt from that workout yesterday. Today was a 10 mile run. My 1/2 marathon is a little over a month away. So I'm doing good. The top of my foot for some reason but it didn't bother me while I was running. It still hurts a little a bit. I have no idea what I did.

Alisha ~ I'm glad you had an interesting time at your seminar. We don't have Trader Joes around here however the city where I work will be getting a Whole Foods within the year so I'm excited. We can't even get local produce from the farmer's market around here...weird!

I hope your back feels better soon. My mom has back pain but she is doing better today.

Tricia ~ I'm so sorry to hear about Peanut. At least she is able to see from her other eye. Poor Baby!

Not much is happening here. Spent yesterday cleaning the house and was at mom's house most of the day today. I can't believe it's Monday already. At least I get to leave early because I have a dentist appointment. Yay!!

Thanks ladies for Peanut. She does okay, but poor thing, her depth perception is shot along with her right eye vision. :( She's doing okay though.

Alisha - I'm sorry about your back! Hope the yoga helped!

Jane - As always, great workouts! I can't believe you can't get fresh produce from a farmer's market where you are! That's just wrong! Glad you'll at least have a WF soon! I love mine and appreciating it more and more as I move to more raw foods! As to your foot, do you think you may have tied your shoes too tight? Mine will hurt if I do that because the feet swell and push against the tongue and laces. I'm so glad that I don't have that problem anymore!

Glad your mom is feeling better from her back pain!

We're just hanging around right now watching the football game. I love the commercials!

I worked out today! Did Step Max. I'm doing the February rotation. We shall see how this goes.

I also went grocery shopping and started my wine fermenting. Yeah, about that. I need practice. I went to put the airlock in the grommet on the lid after I sealed it and pushed the rubber grommet right through the lid into the wine! Ooops! After trying to find it with the stirring spoon, I had to push my sleeve up and just reach in and get it. It's Cabernet Sauvignon, so I couldn't see anything and just had to feel around for it. Couldn't believe it had sunk all the way to the bottom! Hope it still comes out okay! I guess it should. They did, after all, stomp the grapes in bare feet back in the day! Time will tell! :eek:

Have a great night you two! I'll chat at you tomorrow night! have to run errands after work, again. I totally forget to get kitty litter today and still have to go to Whole Foods - speaking of! :)

Yesterday I ordered some new DVDs on Collage Video. I had done something retarded last fall, I accidentally put one of my yoga dvds in the netflix sleeve and sent them one of my yoga discs. Of course, they never found it. So I had to order a replacement, and I decided to order some other discs at the same time:

Yoga for beginners with Desi Bartlett
Shiva Rea's Yogini Vinyasa Flow for Women
Jillian Micheals Shred it with Weights (kettlebell workout.)
Kathy Smith's Kettlebell Solution

Of course, I'm assuming my back will be healed soon. :p I'm taking a yoga day. I plan to spend the day reading and relaxing with the hot pad.

Tricia-Good job with Step Max! Kitty litter is incredibly important, otherwise the houseplants are at grave risk.:p

Jane-Thats a great looking workout. I hope your foot feels better soon.

Alisha

Hi Chicklets,

Here is tonight's workout:

Complete as many rounds of this circuit in 30 minutes:
10 – Swings
5 – Clean and Press each side
10 – 1-arm swing each side
5 – Clean and rack squat each side
10 – Swings
5 – Thrusters each side
10 – 1- arm swings each side
5 – 1 arm sit up each side

I have to make Whoopie Pies tonight for my mom's birthday tomorrow. That is what she wanted and that is what she's getting.

My foot really hurt last night but it's not swollen or bruised. I put some Bio-Freeze on it last night and when I woke this morning it felt good. It hasn't bothered me all day so hopefully it's gone.

Alisha ~ New workouts...how fun!!! You have to let us know how you like them. Enjoy your relaxing day. I hope your back feels better soon!

Tricia ~ Poor Peanut. I'm sure she will adjust to her condition but it will probably take time. LOL...regarding your wine making. You have be giggling. I hope it turns out good!

Have a great Monday!

Alisha - That stinks about your yoga DVD, but what fun to get some new workouts! Yes, please do tell us how you like them. I'm particularly interested in your new yoga DVDs.

I hope your back is better! Yes, houseplants are definitely in danger! That's why I don't have any!

Jane - Great workout! Getting ready for those Whoopie Pies! They sounds delicious and fun! If there are any leftovers, you can always send me one! I'm glad your foot feels better today. Weird. Hopefully, you won't have that problem again!

Tell your mom Happy Birthday for me!

My vet called me back today. She's concerned that her problem is central, meaning stroke, brain infection or lesion. We're watching Peanut for now and I had to check her pupil dilation tonight. I still have to text her back to let her know how it went. Both pupils dilated and contracted normally. Now we wait and see what's next.

No workouts tonight and tomorrow. I went to Petco tonight and took care of domestic stuff - trash day tomorrow. Tomorrow night, I'm going to a Reiki Share and Yoga Meditation on the full moon night. I could use a ton of good, positive energy! I'll pick up on Wednesday and catch up by one on Friday which is supposed to be my yoga/rest day.

Have a terrific night! See you on Wednesday!

Today is a Yoga Class DVD with Gary Bromley. My back still hurts a little bit on the left side and trying to get out of bed is the worst part. I hope I'm back at my workouts by Thursday.

In the meantime, I'm really watching the diet. Breakfast was a big green salad with strawberries, just two little bites of dark chocolate, and a fig bar. After I finish the yogurt in the fridge, I'm thinking about going dairy free for a while. My probiotics work pretty well, and I tend to get slightly congested from dairy.

Tricia- You can have my positive energy!!!

Jane-I hope your foot is still feeling good!! I bet those whoopie pies are tasty!

Alisha

I am taking a rest day. It's mom 78th birthday so we are celebrating. I can't remember what we are having for dinner but it is fairly healthy I think. For dessert it's Whoopie Pies!!!! They came out really good but I only did quality control on the batter not on the baked version. We made the filling but aren't putting them together until tonight.

Tricia ~ So sorry to hear about Peanut. You know, my mom had a stroke in one of her eyes and now she has a slight vision problem in that eye. It happened more than 10 years ago and it has gotten better. I wonder if that is what happened with Peanut. Sending you and Peanut lots of {{{Hugs}}}.

Alisha ~ I hope your back is feeling better. Enjoy your yoga today.

Where is everyone??

Here is tonight's workout:

[FONT=&quot]Workout:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Run 200m
30x Ball Slams
Run 200m
20x Ball Slams
Run 200m +
10xBall Slams

Then[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]KB Swing 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 reps +
Pull-ups 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps
Rounds looks like: 1x KBS + 10x Pull-up, 2x KBS + 9x Pull-up, etc[/FONT]

Mom's birthday party was great and the whoopie pies were delicious. I had 2 but it was so worth it. :eek:

I was able to do yoga last night!!! Yippee!! I did not hurt again until this morning. It seems that trying to get up out of bed is the worst part. I am planning on a Leslie Sansone DVD and another yoga session this evening. Tomorrow will be more of the same.

Its nice and sunny outside!! We got a big new TV last night. It was on sale for less than 500 dollars, so its not too expensive. But, the picture is somewhat fuzzy. Bleh. Luckily, my Cathe tv in my room looks great.:D

I plan to spend the afternoon doing data entry.

Are you gals getting the pre-order? I am, I want to take advantage of the discount and free shipping. I'm going to finally get butts/guts.

Jane- Those pies sound tasty!!!

I could have sworn I had posted yesterday!

Tricia- How is Peanut doing?

Alisha

I am going for a run tonight.

Alisha ~ I'm glad you were able to do yoga yesterday. It looks like your back is getting better.

Congrats on your new television! It sounds nice.

I am not doing the pre-order. I don't dvd workouts that much anymore and I have found that my own workouts have spoiled me. My minds wanders when I workout in the house and I am distracted by other things. When I'm outside I am able to concentrate on my workout. I'll still do inside stuff when the weather is bad but I already have enough dvds for that.

Hi Tricia - thinking of you and Peanut. I hope all is well.

Hi ladies! Sorry about being MIA, but Tuesday night I had that Reiki share and got in late. Then, we had to call our vet about Peanut. Last night, Peanut just wanted my attention and I gave it all to her adding in some Reiki for her at the same time. Today, we went for her blood work. We'll know tomorrow if it's hypothyroidism or an infection. If the blood work comes back normal, then it's off to a neurologist and that could be bad news. Needless to say, I have not worked out. I will be back at it this weekend. I've been eating well and have dropped 2 lbs. this week. If I can keep that up, I should be fine.

Alisha - I'm glad you finally were able to do yoga! I hope you're back is better soon!

Jane - Do a workout for me! Okay? lol

Love you two! As long as no one asks me how I'm doing, I'm okay, otherwise the flood gates open!

Have a great night! I'll let you know what the vet says tomorrow.

Happy Friday Night!

Peanut got potentially good news today! She does have hypothyroidism, but we're doing one more test to be sure it's true hypothyroidism and not an underlying cause. (fingers crossed!) We're also waiting for a return call to our vet from the neurologist and hoping she agrees with the diagnosis. So, although the blood work gave us good news, we still could end up at the neuro. Keep sending those prayers and positive vibes!

To add to all that stress, I cut yet another finger on my mandolin last night! Sheesh! That thing hates me! Not quite as bad as last time. I caught the top of my right middle finger on the blade as I picked up a bowl in the sink to wash. At least I didn't cut the tip off this time! I still don't have any feeling in that left pinkie finger and suspect that will never come back!

I'll be back on the workouts tomorrow. We're supposed to get that snow that's coming through the midwest right now tomorrow. 2-4" is what they're calling for. If that's all, I can live with it.

Hope you two are having a lovely evening! I know I'm feeling a lot better knowing we may have the cause of Peanut's blindness. I hope that's it and we don't have to go to the neurologist!

I took yesterday as a rest day. Today will be another Leslie Sansone dvd and some more yoga. My back is improving. I'm hoping to do a low intensity rotation next week.

Tricia- I'm so sorry you cut your finger. I hope that things go well for Peanut and that she is feeling better. It explains why she wasn't hugely thrilled about running. Check with the vet to see if dogs would benefit from using bilberry or if they can't have it. My Dad has had a lot of success with it for his eyes (macular degeneration is improving.) Hug that pup for me! Congrats on the weight loss!!!

Jane- You should put together an ebook with all your workouts and sell it on the internet. I would buy one.

Alisha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.