Hot 40's week of 11/13/11

Murphy

Cathlete
I did not see a thread so I started one. I used "hot" to try to bring is slightly warmer weather. Let's see if it works.

I had a rest day yesterday. Today I woke up late and did the short upper body premix on total body trisets. I went fast but it was super short. I feel like I cheated, but I was short on time. Anyway, hi to everyone and let's have a great week.

Murphy

Good Morning,

DH is leaving town today so I need to do Total Body Tri Sets Lower Body and Yoga Max and then I want to still do Slide and Glide haven't gotten that one done yet.

Murphy-any workout is better then no workout.

Good morning, did S&G this morning. I still need a lot more practice! Roxie, that is a lot of workouts for one day! Is your head better? Murphy, Roxie is right! You did something! Lisa, did you get a car? Ronne, how was the meet? Today will be house cleaning and I have a jewelry party to go to. Have a good day! Mary

Today I did STS Meso 2 CH/SH/TRI week 3 - this is the double wave load week. I have major DOMS in my legs from yesterday's w/o. It hurts so good :)

Car: we ordered one, they are all out of the one we want (Audi Q5--everyone wants them in CO). Probably will be end of Feb before we get it, however, the rebate from work expires 1/4/12, so unless the program is extended we won't get the 6% off (but we can still refuse the car...they think it will be extended....kind of irritates me, it isn't OUR fault they are out of the car we want!) Found out that since DS22's Audi is registered at our address we also get a loyalty discount---$1500! However, that program expires too before the car comes in, again they think it will be continued. DS22 was very helpful (gosh that kid is smart), and being the fair Mom we will give him the $1500(but he will earn it, you will see how in a bit). So, the keying some idiot did to our car really brought down the value (they think it diminished value by at least $1000 and say it isn't worth paying the $500 deductible on insurance and getting it fixed). The trade in value isn't worth near what I think it should be. They say to try to sell on our own since it's such a popular car in a great price range and the low mileage and there will be someone that doesn't care about the 2 X's keyed into the side). Our old car is a 2001 Honda Odyssey, 64,000 miles, just put in new timing belt and tires. So in Jan, DS22 will be helping us put the car in autotrader to try to sell it, we could actually get twice the amount they are offering on trade in.

We had a nice visit with the boys and future DIL. OK, OK, she's making nice....she complimented my hair(after I asked her about it---since I'm still insecure about it)! And she's a cosmetology graduate so that means something. I'm letting the not emailing and not getting back to me on T-giving slide. Yes, it's her youth in not realizing how some people like schedules. I guess I need to stop being too hard on her. Talked to DS about the honeymoon $ (that $1500 will help), again, how did my kid get so smart? The discussion was a good one and calmed my fears, I think he DOES understand money after all. I'm a parent, I can't help but worry. And he did know about the ferry to London and train to Paris so he isn't going into this honeymoon planning blind. Now onto the wedding, THEY REDUCED THE PACKAGE AGAIN! What that means to refresh your memory is they went from a deluxe package ($18,000), to an intermediate package ($12,000)--this one at my insistence, and now he just said they reduced to the budget package ($8,000)---he (they)did that all on their own. He said it means that everyone will be eating on paper plates and plastic forks, but I said that was fine, those weren't the important things. I then showed DIL my wedding pics and said how the dress was the only thing I was concerned with (she agreed), then maybe the cake and place of wedding, who cares if the guests don't have steak! So I guess if they want to go to Europe for a honeymoon, I'd prefer them spending their $ on that experience rather than feeding people steak! Sounds bad, but....you know.

So a good day, a good visit, still don't know about T-giving (I've given them a date/time), they are either here or they aren't. I can't stress over it anymore.

Sorry for the long post, if you hung in here this long :)

Mary, I still didn't sleep great (thought about that darn guy that keyed our car causing that much damage to diminish the value). I fell asleep, woke up after an hour restless (same thing these last couple of nights), so then I took benadryl and slept for about 5 uninterrupted hours. I wish I could just turn off my brain sometimes!

Ronne, thanks for the info. I sent DS the site. I think I just may be in Europe sometime too! I told DS and DIL that we had to go with them if they borrowed money (they laughed), but in thinking about it, once DS does all this research and experiences it, then he will help us when it's time. That kid is smart, have I said that?

Roxie, how are you feeling? I had major migraine yesterday(had to be weather, it was 100mph gusts of wind, and in boulder at the car dealer I thought the windows would blow in. I finally took a migraine pill and that took care of it, thankfully. I hate that strong wind!

Murphy, something IS better than nothing!

waves to Jody if she's peaking in, seems like I'm missing someone.

Oh as if I haven't talked enough, tomorrow DH and I are off, we are going to go look at the Ikea that opened in July (way south of here), and H&M that just opened in Denver! We've never had these stores here before and I'm excited to go look....er, ok, well, yea, you know it, SPEND! What happened to that money diet?

Hi, yes I have been reading but I'm not going to pretend to be working out for a few more weeks, i will just have to start over again after this semester is done.

Lisa, lol, my car is also a 2001 Honda Odyssey. but it has close to 200,000 miles on it. You should be able to sell yours for a great price with such low low miles well maintained and one owner. I understand the cash for clunkers program sucked up a lot of the good used cars and created a shortage in some ways for kids needing a first car, etc I am not sure, but someone told me that. Anyway, that Honda is easily only 1/3 of its life used up in my opinion. Good luck with the new car shopping and have fun at Ikea.

Roxie I hope you are on the fast track to feeling better asap.

Hi to all.

Good Evening,

I did manage to do Tri Sets Lower Body and Yoga Max and may I say there are way to many down dogs in that workout I think its the only pose she really knows how to do. I spent and hour this afternoon with the twins while their mother got her hand looked at those two are funny together. I think I have figured out that the Allegra D is making the dizziness worse going to test that theory the next couple of days. I was able to do the ball roll ins with slight dizziness.

Lisa-sucks you had to order the car hope the discounts are extended and it sounds like DS has a good head on his shoulders you raised him well.

Jody-hopefully next semester will be better for you.

Roxie, I know that allergy meds make me get migraines if I use them too long. Took me a long spring of massive headaches and going to a dr before we put together what was causing them. With that and dryness I have to limit allergy meds....sucks when you have allergies. I use a prescription nose spray instead like Flonase (I think that's what it's caused).

Ronne, did you get your DVDs yet?

Hi all

Murphy - you got a workout in, that's the most important thing. Don't give yourself a hard time!

Jody - don't worry about the workouts - but you've still got to check in with us here :D!

Roxie - you're a bit of a workout machine at the moment. I wouldn't have got the yoga DVDs (despite being keen on yoga) if they hadn't been part of the bundle.

Mary - DD won a silver in her section on the vault! We were all surprised! So it was a good day. Did you get anything at the party?

Lisa - wow! A lot going on. Good luck with the car buying - major pain in the backside. DH has a company car and even choosing that every few years is a nightmare (also, neither of us have the slightest interest in cars!).
Glad to hear things are looking up with DIL. And they are absolutely right to spend the money on the honeymoon and not on the wedding! It's not about the food, etc. it's about the people you're with and enjoying the celebration. The trend for more and more overblown and expensive weddings is absurd.
No DVDs ...

Well, no workouts for me this weekend. Girded my loins - quite literally - and did B&G Standing/Abs premix. It hurt!
And now a confession. You know when I came back from Wales and said that was it for holidays this year. Well, I had actually forgotten that DH and I are having a long weekend away this weekend!! We're going to Berlin on Thursday till Sunday. That really, really, really is the last holiday this year. And we have absolutely nothing booked for next year. (Please don't throw things at the computer!! :eek:)

Good morning! I did Trisets UB this morning, that is growing on me, time flies. Ronne, congrats to DD! Very impressive. Gosh, I hope you get those DVDs soon! Seems like it is taking a long time. And now you are going to Germany? You have been to 4? Countries? In as many months! I am jealous! Lisa, very frustrating regarding the car! Gad it is working out with DIL! It is always an adjustment period, everyone getting used to each other. Roxie, good catch on the Allegra, hope you are feeling better. Jody, the semester is almost over, you can see the end! And then statistics will be behind you! Well, need to get to shower, have a good day! Mary

I did STS Meso2 Wk3, back/bi. I had cramps yesterday and felt awful, that must be why I was such a witch last week. :confused: So I'm going to dial back the soy milk and add more almond milk instead. Too much estrogen I get crampy at that time, too little estrogen I get hot flashes. What's a girl to do?

Ronne, I bet DD was so happy with her silver, what a great thing! Berlin now? Lucky you! Enjoy yourself, that's what it's all about, right?

Well, off to H&M (so excited for that one), and Ikea. It's windy here again today, it's the winds blowing down the mountains into the city below. At least it's not as high winds as it was on Saturday, that was insane, very Wyoming-ish :)

Good Afternoon,

Tonite I am going to do Yoga Relax and I still want to do Slide & Glide. I have nice DOMS in my glutes from yesterdays workout.

Murphy-congrats to DD.

Yesterday was another unplanned rest day. I was awake but just wanted a little more sleep. I did not sleep well most of last week and I think it is catching up with me. Anyway, today I did one of the S&G premixes. I am still having trouble with some of the burpees but am working on it...

Roxie - Thanks for the congrats for DD but she has done little except work my nerves. :) I think it was Ronne's daughter (medal in the vault), but I won't say anything about the mix-up, our little secret. :)

Hi to everyone, sorry for lack of personals to all, but am running late as usual.

ps
Ronne(?) - congrat's on daughter's medal.

Murphy

Oh, forgot to say that I did get some walking in at lunch time yesterday so it was not a total loss.

Hi everyone

Not a lot to report from this end. Did a Patrick Goudeau workout today. Have now contacted Cathe customer services to get a tracking number. I have a feeling my parcel is still in the US!

Murphy - are those the burpees that you slide with that are in the trailer? I can't imagine ever being able to do those!

Lisa - hope you get some good shopping in! Share your purchases when you get back!

Mary - I know! I'm almost embarrassed about it!

Roxie - do you think Yoga Relax is better than Yoga Max?

Good Morning,

Well I didn't do the yoga but the way my muscles feel today I should have. Tonite is Afterburn.

Ronne-I prefer Relax over Max not as hard and not as many downward dogs. Congrats to your daughter.

Mary-thanks for keeping my secret.

Today was a rest day, I was just so tired and I managed to sleep in (even after waking up at 2am and thinking about work, ugh). Had a nice day with DH yesterday although I was disappointed in the stores (to me way too much hype over them). H&M saw nothing and will not go back, Ikea, seemd a bit like cheaply made stuff, I only found some knifes and spatulas. don;t know how you all feel about those stores if you have them, but I won't be going back. Got caught in HUGE traffic jam coming back through Denver, double ugh.

Murphy, seems we are on the same sleep cycle, I didn't sleep well all last week, this week I'm hoping sleeping goes better, maybe it will now that I'm hoping I'm through the PMS and cramps, and I am trying not to let work get to me (easier said than done).

Ronne can I go on holiday with you? pretty please? I'm counting down the days until I get to Florida, can't wait and so glad my sister is helping me with a dress, yesterday proved that I really don't like shopping :)

Hi girls! Today did Rumble from Amy, didn't feel like sliding anywhere! Lisa, we have H&M, don't much care for it, you have to do a lot of searching and the quality isn't that great. I do better in stores with a smaller selection. We don't have an Ikea around so I don't know about them. I have read they have really good Swedish meatballs in their restaurant tho! Ronne, which Patrick did you do? Sometimes his are so hard! I hope you get your DVDs soon! Roxie, how are you feeling? I hear you on those downward dogs! Murphy, walking definitely counts! Hi to you Jody! Well, have to get to basketball, Mary

Good Evening,

Tonite I did Afterburn Express #1. I am feeling alot better today not near as dizzy cut down to taking my med every night before bed. Forgot to add my dvd kept shutting of my player its the first time it has messed up.

Last edited:
Today I did muscle conditioning from S&G - another morning where I did not want to get up. You know, that dvd in its entirety is pretty tough. It is also one of my favorites. Do you ever wonder what Cathe is on when she creates these programs?

Ronne - burpees are the one where you go from standing down to a push-up and back down again. You use the discs to slide your feet out into the push-up position. The first few (2) are manageable but after that, it is downhill for me.

Lisa - we have an H&M somewhere; I never checked it. Is that Madonna's store? We also have Ikea's; your assessment is accurate, they all seem to be like that. ???

Mary - I too don't like the downward dogs, there are way too many of them in YM. I like the stretch it give me but after the 10th time...

Roxis - Glad you are feeling better.

Jody - HI!

I hope I did not miss anyone.

Murphy

Hi everyone

Lisa - H&M is a young person's store :p to my mind anyway. I don't ever buy anything from there. I like Ikea for basics, glassware, plates, etc. We got DD's bedroom furniture from there as well.
Pop on over to Europe anytime you like!!

Mary - I did a portion of HWC2. I haven't bought his latest one as it seems really tough.

Roxie - glad to hear the dizziness is easing up a bit.

Murphy - those sound really tough, think I'll be doing a modified version!

No workout for me today as the builder's been here just sorting out bits and pieces on the bathroom. Off tomorrow to Berlin, so I'll check again with you all on Monday. Bis bald! (a bit of German for you there!!!:D)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.