HIIT it!

lederr

Cathlete
Okay, so I am thinking since there are not a lot of us on this check-in that maybe we just keep this one going instead of starting a new one every day. What do you guys think? That way, it will also be easier to see what HIIT w/o's (and others) we are doing every day.

Anyway, yesterday was a rest day. Took the pups walking about five miles.

I am planning on doing an HIIT w/o today although I think my cold has moved to my chest (I have a bit of congestion) so I don't know how far I'll get. I'm going to see how I feel while I'm doing it. Maybe that is why my run on Saturday wasn't that good-because my cold was starting to move down. It's funny, though, because I feel absolutely fine, just have a bit of congestion when I cough (kind of rattling in my chest).

Anyway, my planned HIIT for the day is:

5 minute warm-up at 6.7-6.9
Alternte between 45 seconds at 9.8
and 60 seconds at 4.5
Cool down for 5 minutes at 4.5
Last time, I did 15 intervals. We'll see what I do today.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_33_7.gif

Then, I have full body weights on tap.

I have been doing HIIT for about three weeks. I have a 5K next Saturday. I am anxious to see if doing this has increased my speed. I don't know about weight loss because I don't weigh myself. I like how I feel when I do it. I also like how much "bang" you get for your buck!

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday and have great workouts!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_5_141.gif

Morning Lorie! You have a good one on tap. Just be careful with your cold. I hope that goes away very soon for you.

Yesterday was my 1/10 mile intervals that totaled 35 min w/ warm up and cool down. I then did heavy pyramids on the nautilus machines. Haven't done that in a while and it felt great. I was burning b/w sets and really had to push through.

This week will be more circuits and endurance work. I like to mix that in w/ my heavy stuff. Also gives me more of a chance to work on my chins/pullups. Today is BM2 while Aiden naps. I have to take the kitty to the vet this morning for her annual shot. I'm sure she'll love that ;)

Have a great day and a great w/o everyone!

Debbie

Brain cells come & brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.

I managed to do my planned workout and actually felt really good. Although, I never went faster than 9.8 on my intervals. I did 15, then weights.

Deb, hope your kitty isn't too distressed!

Afternoon, Lorie! Kitty did just fine :) She was only annoyed that her morning nap was interrupted ;)

Great job on the sprints! You are doing an awesome job.

I finished BM2 at nap time. Boy, does that sucker wear you down. Tomorrow I plan to go to spin class, then do chin ups/pullups, abs, and maybe a bit of plyometric leg work.

Have a great rest of your day!

Debbie

I just finished BodyMax...I'm SO tired!

Debbie ~ I feel the same way about BM#1 :+

Lorie ~ Great job!!!

You know, I have had BM1 forever and just transferred it to DVD but have never done it. Maybe that will be my w/o one day this week.

Tomorrow is a cardio day. I don't know if I am going to do a run or step. I guess I'll see what I feel like when I wake up. I am definitely doing an HIIT workout Wednesday morning because I will only have about 45 minutes to workout before an early meeting. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_2_6.gif

Anyway, hope everyone had a great Monday!

Great job as usual, Lorie :)

After I dropped Aiden at preschool, I went to the gym. I took a spin class and then did 20 chins/20 pullups in alternating sets of 10. Chins I can eek out 5 but the sets dropped from there. I can't go past 2/3 pullups in a row just yet. Working on it.

I also did some plyometric leg work - took a step bench w/ 2 risers under each and held a 10 lb plate. Did hop up and off squats for 10, side to jumps (over and back = 1 while twisting weight side, forward, side) and then 10 jumping jacks w/ weight forward and overhead. I did 3 total sets of that.

Last I did abs with a wheelie thing (has handles) for rollouts forward and side, 10 reps. Repeated that twice. Whew. I'm tired after reading all that :) It was a good workout.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Debbie

Just finished PUB and HiiT :D

Lorie ~ Hope you had a blast ;)

Debbie ~ WOW! Awesome workout...I want to go to the gym with you!

Sorry to butt in to your check in here, but I have a question, and I figure you all are the best to answer it.

I would like to begin incorporating some HIIT into my rotation. My first concern is this -- I despise running. I'm not good at it (can't go for more than about a minute before I feel like I am going to die), it hurts (I am large chested -- 34DD), and I don't have running shoes OR the money to buy running shoes.

Is there some sort of HIIT that I can do without running? And, how should a beginner start?

TIA!

Hi, Katie :) You can butt in anytime!

You don't have to be on a treadmill to do HIIT. Some just prefer doing mostly running. You can hop on the elliptical or bike as well. The premise is to do "sprints" of as fast as your legs can take you (where you feel like you can't hold on but make it) for about 45-60 sec and then recover anywhere from 45 sec up to maybe a minute and a half. You do maybe 10-12 alternating sprint/rest intervals. HIIT as a general rule goes no longer than 20-25 min max b/c you should be worked to the point of not being able to do more. If you can, it probably wasn't hard enough. HIIT should only be done 1-2 days max, and obviously not on consecutive days.

Debbie

Ok great, thanks for that info. I LOVE the elliptical, so maybe I will try that out. And I will be sure to check in here when I've done it!

Thanks again!

Morning lovelies.

Today is my sports circuit class. I look forward to this every week! I hope everyone is starting a happity humpity day :)

Debbie

Hi, just wanted to pop in and say I am learning a lot visiting this checkin. I am trying to fit in HIIT into my rotations. Keeep the info coming. I think I finally know what it is.

Sports circuit done. It was fantastic as usual. We did a lot of med ball work today and started with ten minutes of jump rope. I am on an endorphin high now :) Hope everyone is having a great day

Debbie

Hi Karen! Glad you are learning about HIIT. Basically, I have relied on Debbie to help me. She's da bomb diggity!

Today, I had planned an HIIT w/o but had more time than I thought, so I did a 7.7 mile run using iTread #5 (I added on 5 minutes to the end). My plan for tomorrow is HIIT and Legs and Glutes (UGH!). So, that means Friday will probably be upper body and Saturday or Sunday will be a long run. At least that's my plan but you know what they say about plans...people plan, God laughs.

Deb,
Hope you're enjoying your endorphin high!!!

Holy shnikies! Go Lorie & Tammy! You guys rock!

Yep, still runnin' on dem endorphins :) WOOOOOOO

I only did 1 HIIT so far this week. I probably will do again on Sunday w/ hubby at the gym. I have been more into spinning this week since I didn't get to it all last week. Always something more you want to try, you know? Never enough time...mwahahaha.

I'm glad you ladies are enjoying HIIT so much. It really is such an awesome way to work yourself to the max but get in, out, and done quickly. I love it.

Debbie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.