HATE - Feb 6

August

Cathlete
Hello!

Well, I ended up being able to take a 45 minute speed-walk last night, so instead of doing a body part plus a short cardio today (like the one I was supposed to do yesterday), I combined yesterday and today's body parts (S&H). So it all rounded out! Yay! :D

And I think the fried things are finally out of my system. :+

Jen - I don't have a crockpot. I have a pot. Literally. I have A pot. I also have a tiny kitchen. But I think I'm going to need to make some healthy Mexican soon. I was able to find what I think might be what Diane was calling soy crumbles, which can sub for meat (I don't eat red meat). I can't stop thinking about your wraps since you wrote about them!

Robin - I'll bet it feels a little good to work out after a week of illness - or does it? How did it go? Were you able to do your workout without passing out?

Dana - LMAO about your DH's talent at keeping the buckets filled sliding on his butt down the hill. It sounds like something you'd see in a Bugs Bunny cartoon....Eeks, I didn't think about Krispy Kreme being deep-fried. Guess I'll have to limit my intake LOL....Oh, my "extra" cardio - I realize that sounds a bit fishy. Heh. I need to practice some songs, so I've been dancing around my room like a spaz while preparing them....Gwen Stefani? I've never seen her dance, but somehow reading your comment that she can't, makes me feel a little bit better! I should seek out some of her music videos for added reassurance LOL....Your menu sounds yummy! Hey, there's no protein in your breakfast, young lady. But since it's barley, we'll find a way to overlook that. And that's great that you're going to abstain from coffee and soda during Lent. When is Lent?

Michele - I know. I KNOW LOL x( . I was totally on MUST EAT mode when ordering deep-fried food (it was actually one of the only restaurants open on a Sunday, believe it or not). As you know, I never do grease, ever! It was a good reminder, though. Not that I needed reminding LOL. Okay. What's Texas Sheet Cake...Here's wishing you good luck on your new rotation! You know, lots of people keep mentioning the Feb rotation, I better check it out...

Arista - My Mom has the total iron stomach. That woman can really put it down and never get sick. In fact, I can't remember the last time she had a basic cold, either. Iron stomachs are enviable! I have a pretty good iron stomach when it comes to sweets. I can eat and eat and eat sweets without anything happening to me. Hmm. It just occurred to me that I haven't had an all-out sweet fest in a couple years, so for all I know, I am no longer iron stomach to sweets. I guess I'll know after I get myself to Krispy Kreme....Oh, oh, ETL is Eat to Live. I don't know that much about it but it's a clean way of eating and has primarily a vegan/vegetarian approach (but I think there's also a meat version?). Anyway, we're cheering you on to your new plan of action with your eating and working out (but not with the only being on the boards once a day ;) )!

Diane - Bummer that there weren't any good vegetarian choices at the sandwich place. Oh well. Chicken is healthy in the meat world...I'll bet your first ultrasound is going to be really exciting! I can't wait to hear your mother's reaction!

Terri - WTH is -30 degrees?! OMG!!....Okay, wait, let me check out this song. Step Blast #2 has a cover remake of "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun." Is that one you're talking about? (Something tells me it's not.) The Step Combo #1 unfortunately cuts just when the vocals start up, dang! If you happen to hear the song again, make note of any lyric you hear. I wish I could help you, I know how trying to find a certain song can be!

JAFitMama - LOL. You had a Hate Cardio episode. You're always welcome should the series continue!

All right. S&H made me want to take a nap now. :p

Later!

Since writing the above, I have taken TWO naps. TWO. And they weren't exactly cat naps, either (uh oh, there's that word again).

S&H kicked my butt!

Goodmorning August and all haters to follow. Yes, it felt great to workout again. I didn't seem to lose any ground with the illness either. Today calls for Low Max, and it's sitting on the computer table, waiting patiently for me to come home.

I have to stop and buy some plastic storage bins on the way home today. I'm hoping to do the flylady thing ( see flylady.com if you don't know what this is) on my DS's room in anticipation of new carpet, paint, curtains etc etc. I'm excited and can't wait to start. I wish I had enough vacation time to take a week or so off to do the work.

Gotta run and get back to work. I hope to be back to chat more later.

Hi Robin -

Good luck with the flylady stuff! I did that pretty faithfully for a while and decluttered all of the rooms of our house. But life got in the way and I don't do my detailed cleaning anymore, just the regular weekly cleaning. And I think we are going to hire a housekeeper again soon because I haven't been feeling like cleaning anything lately because of the early pregnancy fatigue.

But once I am a SAHM, I will try to do flylady more faithfully again! I think it is fun.

Hey everyone. Pretty quiet in hatersville today, eh???

So last night I did Low-Impact Circuit. Dare I say this here???? I enjoyed the cardio portions WAY more then the weight portions. The cardio was fun and easy to follow. I'm not big on compound exercises (is that the correct term) - so I didn't care for the weights completely. I'm definitely not going to rule out this workout and I will do it again, but not one of my favorites. I"m not sure what I"m going to do tonight. No step though since I did Christi on Sun and yesterday's cardio was step.

August - you should check out Gwen's dancing. She jumps around alot but not anything really dancey. I think that when you've got the voice going on, who cares if you can dance or not. That's why (AND THIS IS JUST MY OPINION) that untalented people like Brittany Spears do those stupid dance routines and wear barely any clothes, to take your attention away from the fact that she can't sing. LOL Sorry but I just do not care for her. Anyway, what S&H did you do? I haven't pulled that one out in ages and it was my 2nd Cathe DVD I ever bought.

Terri - It was 3 degrees here this am. I cannot even imagine -30. You don't have to go outside during that do you. That makes me think of your doggie - how does he handle it?

Jen - how sweet of you to send Terri the Amy Bento DVD. What workout are you doing today?

Diane - I'm so excited for your appointment. I can't wait to hear all about it. This is your first appt right? At my first appt I got a ton of literature and it included a basic diet to following during pregnancy. For example x amounts of fruits, x amounts of protein, x amount veggies, etc. I think the book said to eat 2000 calories a day. If I remember correctly.

Robin - so what kind of room are you going to make in DS's room? Or are you just doing a spare bedroom? That sounds like fun. I was thinking of you last night when I was working out . . . wondering how you made out with BodyMax 2.

Michele - where can I buy the CC? I didn't know that they were that reasonable. We do have a burner on our computer (not like I know how to use it LOL). You substitutions look great for the rotation. I think you'll like the BB Series. They are fun. Do you live anywhere near Mansfield? DH said we may be going there to a race sometime this summer.

Arista - how's your day going? I know what you mean about only getting on the computer at a designated time of the day. It doesn't seem like you are on long and then before you know it you've wasted 2 hours. I know that I"m guilty of that which is why I try not to log on much at home.

Hi to everyone else that I may have forgotten. I"ll check back in with you all later.

HATE - when you strongly dislike something. HATE=CARDIO

S&H - Slow & Heavy series by Cathe

Christi - Christi Taylor, a hi/lo and step instructor that August loves.

So if you HATE cardio, then this is the place for you!

Hmm I hate step
I like cardio but i mainly like it in a group
I love weights
but not ready for heavy yet so im working my way back to a fitness program
I need to find somewhere i belong
Right now going to the tv to do Muscle endurance dvd
im broke right now else id think of buying a few newer cds i love the ones that do the slow stuff OMG you hurt so bad the next day and all doing it you say I cant do one min more but you do
its a great challengeing feeling and accomplishment

Hi everybody!!

Holy mother! I've had a crazy day. I've been on the phone for 2 1/2 hours with an old friend and we made planes to get together next week for lunch to celebrate her birthday:)

It's snowing like mad and it's 7 degrees outside. DH had to take my car again today and I'm very worried -- we're supposed to get several inches of snow today and I don't have any way to get to the store. I went grocery shopping Sunday but I didn't get enough food to last this long (I grocery shop about 5 days a week because I buy mostly fresh foods). I am so annoyed right now, I cannot tell youx( .

Oh...the snow is sooo pretty...;( x(

August, I wish I could speed walk. I can't do it. My calf muscles get so tight that the pain is unbearable. There's a thing called compartment syndrome and I think I may have that. I used to walk all the time with a friend but I just can't do it anymore. I'm famous for combining workouts, though. It kind of goes hand in hand with my penchant for procrastination -- you know -- never do today what you can put off until tomorrow. :eek: ;)

Mmmmmmmmm...Texas sheet Cake:9

Maybe Diane can give us the Texas Lowdown on Texas Sheet Cake, but apparently, it's made in a big sheet pan and it's kind of like a brownie.

Here's what it looks like
http://i.timeinc.net/cooking/images/recipefinder/cl_12117.3_m.jpg

Cat naps:+

Robin, I'm doing Eli today. My attempt at BMax 2 was pathetic. I didn't finish it. I didn't even come close to finishing that workout. I can't believe anyone can workout on an 8" step. I can only use the platform or else my left hip goes into a tizzy.

Have fun flinging your boogies--LMAO! I need to get back into FlyLady mode. My house is a pigsty!

Hi Diane!! When does your mom come...tomorrow? I can't wait for your first appt!!

Dana, who is Gwen? I'm so out of the loop--LMAO!

You don't like compound moves? I do...well...kind of...I do...it just depends:D (I wish they had a confused looking smilie).

Oh, just go to www.cardiocoach.com. He has pretty nice audio clips. You know, you can do the dame thing with iTrain workouts, too. You don't have to put them on an iPod. You should check out the iClimb workouts on the iTrain website because those are specifically for the elliptical and you can buy one workout for about 4 or 5 bucks. That's at www.itrain.com. Check it out and then get back to me:D

It's snowing like mad;(

Hi Sensualwordz, and welcome. Hate is short for the "I Hate Cardio" check-in, AKA Cardiohateville. We, or I should say MOST, of us hate cardio. We started this daily check-in to hold each other accountable for doing cardio workouts, but we're pretty relaxed about it. Mostly we just like to have fun. You're welcome to join us and we'd be happy to have you:D

S&H stands for Slow and Heavy -- one of Cathe's strength training workouts. Check it out here:
http://www.shopcathe.com/slow_heavy_series_p/350.htm

Christi is Christi Taylor, another fitness instructor who is known for her complex choreography. You can check her out here:
http://www.taylordfitness.com/

Oh my, it's really snowing.

I'll see ya later, taters!:* :* :*

Hi Dana and Mariah! I guess I took forever to post that novel--LMAO

Mariah, you're welcome to post with us. We don't care if you like cardio. Robin posts here and she loves cardio. We just reserve the right to think you're weird:p :7 JUST KIDDING!!

Thank you for all your answers
if you dont mind ill stick around a while
i am off mon and tues soi can usually exersize early but then im at work the rest of the week and i have to "find" the time
but i feel so much like "I dont want this body any more, and I want to change" But been there before so just need to keep motivated and see results
i may just spring for that set of cathe dvds you sent the link for
but ill have to wait till i work this week and get money

anyone know anyplace to get them cheap i tried ebay but very few were even for sale seems like on step ones were

well im away from puter now to do the exersize

Mariah, do you have Fit TV? Cathe has a program on that cable channel and you could record the shows. They play shortened versions of Cathe's workouts, and they would at least give you an opportunity to try them out and see which ones you like before paying the full price. I don't know of a place where you can find her workouts at a discounted price. I don't think she sells them in stores, except for kits that come with a step.

Hi and welcome Mariah, things are pretty much laid back on this check in. They claim to hate cardio here, but I've heard most of them recant this at some time or another. I love cardio, but try to mix it up pretty much with the weight work. Right now I'm attempting to follow Cathe's Feb rotation. I've never been a "heavy" lifter.

Dana, I have a couple of the circuit workouts and I have to say they aren't my favorite, mostly because I think they are so darned hard. I'm keeping DS's room a bedroom, because he will be home for visits and we really don't have a spare room. The carpet is old and ugly and the walls are a mess. Luckily, other then the carpet, the redecorating should cost an arm and a leg. I'm not sure what to do about the dresser. It was something I picked up at a yard sale when Tristan was a baby and is pretty beat. I guess I'll just start keeping my eyes open for something affordable.

Hi Michele. BM2 attempted is good enough to me. I don't have the joint issues you have either. Isn't that one of the reasons you got Eli? Our forecast says nothing about snow for the next week or so.

OK, enough time wasted. Back to work.

Yes I have FIT tv I love it
when i am around when she is on i try to plan that as my exersize
sometimes if i dont have time i will do gilad or sharon Mann
But like today, nothing is on during the time i had available so i did an old dvd
I do have 2 dvd's of heres and each one has 2 workouts

I just finished one, and you can tell im still newly back to exersizing
could only do 44 mins of it
but thats ok with me every day i get a bit stronger

Mariah, that's great! I have trouble doing whole workouts so I usually opt for the premixes. That's the great thing about Cathe's DVD's -- she offers premixes. some are shorter than the original workout, some are longer, so you end up with several workouts in one. When you realize how much you're getting Cathe's prices are truly a bargain.

Can you tape her show? That way you can save them and do them whenever you have time.

Yipee!! My DH just called and he's leaving work now. We're under a heavy snow advisory until 7AM tomorrow:eek: . I just went out to bring in the trash can and I almost fell and broke my neck -- it's really slippery out there!

I'll see y'all tomorrow:* :*

im a tech nerd
i used to do that for years with gilad
maybe ill try again to figure it out or get some kindergardener to show me
where are you located with all that snow
my daughter is in Mich and the rest of my family upstate NY
Brrr
Im in Daytona Beach fl where it was a cold 43 this morning now 70
well im all sweated up so im gonna take a walk to a neighbors for coffee
Ask your hubby to bring in some good food

By the way, Is there by any chance anyone here who is part of Overeaters Anon
or any diet plan

Says is wondering what the punishment is for leaving work at noon b/c she doesn't feel well but still managing to go to Target, shovel the driveway, and do 30 min bun shaper before taking a warm shower and putting her pajamas on??? Hopes not much because that is what I did...

I didn't get ANY sleep last night so I am tired on top of not feeling too great and work was the last place I wanted to be so got done what I had to get done today & left! I used the shoveling the driveway as my 30 minutes of cardio ;-) and then did the 30 minute bun shaper w/o I had scheduled. Now I am starving for lunch but thought I'd stop here first!!!

August- Yes you must get a crockpot, you don't need anything else in the kitchen-throw the pot away & put the crockpot in it's place! I have all the nifty pampered chef gadgets & tools and tons of pots & pans but don't use any of them, only my crockpot & microwave!!!

Arista- Glass of wine & hot bath would much better on a Monday evening than a w/o...now if we can find a way to make that burn calories... Maybe look into buying one of Cathes that that multipe w/o on one disc for your next purchase, that way instead of one w/o you'll get two or some even have more, like the Cross Train Express DVD, I think it has 5!

Diane- Your appointment is tomorrow, right? When is your mom visiting, tomorrow or Thursday? I can't wait to hear how she reacts!

Robin- Glad you are feeling better & I will stay out of the way of cleaning... want to come work on my house next? I'm a neat freak and don't keep much clutter around but I have issues with tossing out or giving away clothes, that is the only thing I tend to hang on to. Everything else I pitch right out!

Dana- Not sure you saw my edited post to you yesterday about the tipping thread... I mean, come on what did she expect? I knew I wouldn't take the time to learn Amy's w/o and didn't want it just laying around so glad it could find a happy home w/ Terri! I did 30 minute shovel cardio(see above for details!) and 30 minute Bun Shaper-beach body... not feeling well and took half day off work. So...you are liking cardio on us, huh? What w/o did you end up doing today?

Mariah- So, let's hear more about this "group cardio" is that "slang" for something else... }( What do you do for work? That is nice to have Monday & Tuesday off!

Michele- We got snow here too, I wish it'd go away & warm up. I really didn't want to get my butt out of the house this morning when I was feeling horrible but had to clean up some stuff in the office, now I'm home and heading to the couch shortly! I love Texas sheet cake and the picture is NOT helping!!! x( Is the snow letting up any? I hope so, be safe!

Terri- Yeah, I know if I am meant to have kids it will be and if I'm not it won't happen. So, I am just waiting to see what life/God has in store for me and enjoying every day I have! I think I am just starting to like being single a little too much...as I said this is the first time I've ever been "single" for a long period of time and I must say it is nice! I saw your e-mail & going to respond to it after I eat lunch, starving!

Judy- ???? I guess she didn't come back to hatersville?

Well off to eat some lunch then to the couch for a while. I will BBL since it is like only 2 & I should be at work...
:eek:

What is this Texas sheet cake that you speak of? Never heard of it. Maybe in Texas we just call it "cake" :)

My appointment is tomorrow morning and I am so bummed because DH can't come anymore. He just found out today he has a conference call with a client during that time and can't get out of it (or listen to it on his blackberry, I asked). So I will go to it alone. My mom is coming to town on Wednesday, but I will probably not see her until Thursday at lunch because I was told I am working really late on Wednesday and Thursday night (probably 11 pm or midnight).

I didn't workout this morning, I was sooooo tired. I probably had 10 hrs of sleep too! I am starting to just feel really fatigued all the time now, but at least no morning sickness yet.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.