Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Checkin for Mon., 6/11

ooops...we posted at the same time.......I didn't expect anyone to start the thread this early....here's my post again.

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I started a FF week. I did Tracey Staehle's Sculpt Sweatfest. With w/u & c/d workout was 70" and I burned 267 calories. Not a big calorie burner due to the lying work. I really enjoyed this. I really think you need to do these types of workouts not looking for a Cathe style weight workout and you'll get a LOT more out of it. Kneeled on the Bosu not the Stab Ball...as I'm not able to balance yet. This is a real burner. I wore ankle weights for the lying leg work and used a DB ...but I had to take them off for her ab work. She's certainly the Core Lady Du Jour!!

Diane Sue - the only exercise I can't really feel in the above workout is the lying piriformis leg work where you foot is pointed up. What do you think I'm doing wrong? I tried moving my pelvis around but then still only felt it a bit. I had ankle weights on too.
Dallys- how long has your DH been working out? Did you meet him because of sports/fitness? How long have you been married .....geez....20 questions here.

Jen - nice to see you here. I've missed you. Yes....I've stopped posting the yoga thread on the weekends since everyone seems to be busy most weekends. I fell asleep for part of Ocean's 13. It was better than the last one....but how many variations and spins can you put on the same story! I swear...I should put my creative mind to work and start writing screenplays....as Hollywood certainly needs more new ideas!

Gotta run - I've got to clean and then I'm taking Mom to the Doctors and have errands to run for her. I also need to clean her house, do her laundry and grocery shopping. I tell ya...I'm starting to feel like a real Suzy Homemaker....can't take it! Yuck........now all I need is a stove! I've also got to start going door to door job hunting later in the week, as my unemployment is nearing end. No jobs in the paper yesterday!!!

Have great workouts ladies.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Got my workout in yesterday just no time to post it. Here is what I did:

One Arm Curls while on stability ball with 35# db in 3 sets/6 going half way

Alt db curls with 45's 1x

Alt db curls with 40's 8/6/4/4 (legs shaking like crazy)

BB Curls with 55# 3 sets/6

Shoulders: Front Lat Raises with 15's and side raises with 10's. Overhead presses with 55# bb 3 sets/6

Today I need to work the triceps cuz dh was yelling down to me that we needed to leave. Then I need do work abs. Doing 18 mile ride this morning. Seems pretty hot out already so I need to get going.

Lora,

I love being Suzy Homemaker. What is wrong with that? No one can tell you what to do...your in charge. I love being in charge. Besides, my home is my castle!

Charlotte~~

Good Morning, I am plannning on trying to do two body parts per day of Barry's Bootcamp for 3 days take a weight break day and then do a full body workout. I think the way shoulders is I will be doing 3 parts one day. I will see how that works. I will not do the treadmill all of those days though. My heel is hurting some this weekend. Lots of Monday errands to run and I am taking advantage of having only two grandchildren today:)

Lora, I will have to pull out that workout and check out the move. it has been a little while since I have done the floorwork on that one.

Charlotte, I love the picture you paint of your home being your castle :)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Today was Day 2 of the Push/Pull/Angular rotation. Did Back and Biceps this morning. I'm still a bit sore from Saturday's workout.

2 minutes rest between each set:

Back
Deadlifts: 55# - 3 sets/6 reps (Heaviest I've gone since back injury)
Bent Over Rows: 65# 1 set/8 reps; 70# - 2 sets/8 reps
One-Arm Rows: 35# - 3 sets/10 reps

Biceps:
**Chinups: 6/6/6 - ** Usually I do these with my legs crossed at the ankles and straight down, but to target the biceps more I put my legs out in front of me. Made the chins really hard)
**Drag Curls: 45# - 3 sets/10 reps **Never done these before, they are hard but I think I could have gone to 50#.

Traps:
Barbell Shrugs: 95# - 1 set/8 reps; 105# - 2 sets/8 reps
Dumbbell Shrugs: 45's - 3 sets/10 reps
My traps are still burning!

Liking this rotation. Next two days are angulars going with higher reps. Looking forward to that.

Char - Excellent workout yesterday. You are curling with 45# dumbbells? You are an animal! Dang girl!

Hope you have a great workout!

Debbie,

Excellent workout! What are the drag curls?

BTW, I am waiting for my son now as he wants to come with me. I may go 30 miles. Depends on how I feel. I have a road I will have to repeat twice to make this happen and then go back to old house from there and back home again which will be 30. I won't know until how I feel out there if I can go the entire 30 as I never gone that far before. My son will probably just do 18 and go home and maybe I will too..not sure yet.

Morning Maniacs! Getting ready to take Carma for a walk (hoping this isn't a bad idea, because she is in heat). I'm thinking my 5 mile walk, might only be 4. I'll have to drive it to see. Then later I plan on a circuit workout and maybe a bike ride.

Jen-Yes, dh is active. We both have Mt. Bikes and he just recently bought a road bike. He said the hill climb took him 75 min., mostly in the easiest gear! Ouch!

Lora- We've been married for 25 years. Dh has always been active. But, the last 5 years has been REALLY into it. He lifts weights and bike rides mostly. We both quit running outside because it hurts our knees. We both do run some on the treadmill. He can be to obsessed at times.

Hi to Debbie and Char and Diane Sue.

Gotta get going before I run out of time...

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Morning,

I hope you guys had a great weekend, they go so fast, look up and it’s Monday all over again arghhhh. Workout Saturday, I re-visited an ole friend Boot Camp:p I did it once when the series first came out, challenging workout, huh! Afterwards, I didn’t feel wiped out or anything but it was nice for a change, did take a few breaks tho.

Sunday, was my rest day for the week. I just hope I have enough strength to push out a workout when I get off work, last night didn’t go to bed till 1:30 I’m feeling tired didn’t want to get my buns out of bed this morning laid there thinking of excuses to call off, until finally, I said to me get your big butt in motion and I’m here. So, I shall see how I’m feeling around 5:30. ttyl.

Why oh why do they bring chocolate chips and peanut butter cookies to work, WHY???? already stuffed 4 in my mouth, I hate when they bring crape, I have no SUGAR control, I'm out of control in the chocolate and sugar areas }:)P

Teddygirl~

Morning ladies, i have been on the slimming down mode. I have been doing 2 days cardio and 1 total weights. Todat is CC#2. I did #6 with Candice yesterday.. I will do a total weight tomorrow...

I am trying to sat off the scale till Fri. I am back under the 140 mark and heading for the under 130 mark..

Had my 1st devue in public in a swim suit... I was being stared at.. Not sure if good or bad...
My DH better never say i am fat again after what i saw yesterday..

Diet really good. I have been tempted, but ate some pickles instead...

Well, gotta go hit the treadmill and make some ething to eat for work. I am on the night shift today..
I will check back if i can later..

3 weeks till beachin time...

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Mornin Maniacs,

Just checking in. Today is cardio. I'll be doing a step up from one of Cathe's DVD's. Catch up with you later if I can.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

Char - Drag curls are where you use a straight bar, hold the bar close to you with your elbows way back, regular grip although you can do these with a reverse grip as well. You lean forward a bit and actually drag the bar up your body until your reach your chest and then you lower it back down and start over. Really gets the biceps good, they were burning by the time I got done. This was REALLY hard on my wrists, though. I don't know if my grip was too wide or too narrow. I tried everything and by the time I got done with the set my wrists were screaming at me. Weird. Normal barbell curls hurt my wrists as well, but not as bad as the drag curl did.

Hi everyone!! :)

Debbie- that's a really different exercise isn't it? I wonder if these 'New Grip' http://www.newgrip.com/ weight lifting gloves would help with your wrists. It does say that if prevents sore wrists. I'm thinking of getting them for my pullups and deadlifts and exercises that require a good grip. Looks like they are 24.99.

Char- Great job on your 30 miles!! **HIGH FIVE!**

Hi Janie:)

Teddy- I hear ya on the cookies! Why oh why did I make reeses peanut butter treats yesterday? Doh? So far I've only had a smidge this morning.

Anne- I bet they were staring because you are HOT!}( Good job on losing some lbs. Can't believe your dh told you you were fat, but then my dh told me my new shorts were square, not figure flattering at all. So, now I'm Sponge Bob Square Pants. LOL!

Back to work...looking like it might rain too. Hope not.

Interesting Dallys. I wear weight gloves and they help some but my wrists just feel like they are going to snap. That's how bad they hurt when I barbell curl. It sucks.

Toasty - I hope I didn't offend you with my Suzy Homemaker comment......maybe I should have said Martha Stewart.....but all I mean is that I don't have a domestic bone in my body. I don't think I'm wired like other women....hate crafts, gardening, cooking, cleaning, etc. I'd rather just listen to rock and roll, play and workout...that's all. I really wouldn't mind being a homemaker and not having to go out and get a job....but that's just not reality.

Hope I didn't offend anyone here.......wasn't meant like that.

Great workouts everyone. Just got home from the doctor's with Mom. She's having a bad day.

Debbie- Here is the link to the gloves I originally thought of, couldn't find it earlier. They have more of a hook for helping to hold on to the bar. Cheaper too.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/hooker.html

ETA- Debbie, I also found these wrist supports. Check the video out.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sck/wrist.html

I'm finding all kinds of cool stuff at that site.:)

Off to the basement...

I got my workout done and ran errands. It seemed that everything has taken forever. I had to stop and clean up messes twice during my workout. My dog keeps eating stuff out of the planter and it is not settling well. Anyway I did LIC cardio blast premix no str, Step Sweatfest section 1 cardio only, then I did the weights segments of Barry's Bootcamp Chest and abs and shoulders and back (no w/up) on either. They sure do want to throw the pushups in the mix of all of these. Tomorrow I will do legs.

Lora, I know it is just not your personality doing domestic things:) I only made a comment because I liked Charlottes discription of how she felt about her home. As far as Martha Stewart I am mad at her LOL. I got patio furniture that were Martha Stewart a few years ago. It said she recommends you wax it. I used car wax and it left it with white all over tha black. It has never looked the same. Probably the wax I chose. But still I think it should have been left alone. I spent literally hours trying to rub it back out. BTW does Barry's Leg workout have abs or push ups in it too? I was surprised shoulders and back had abs in it.

Dallys, I like the Barrys so far. There is lots of reps but not at to fast of a pace. Most exercises are done alternating body parts throughout. To give one muscle group a rest before going back to it. There are a lot of 20-30 rep sets. A variety of push ups. Push ups for triceps, push ups for chest, push ups on shoulders and abs and planks held for two minutes. The two treadmill workouts I did were good. Felt odd trying to go backwards on the treadmill. They get up there in speed and treadmill incline too. I think it is a good set.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.