Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Checkin for Mon., 6/11

Diane Sue & Toasty -- My home is my "safe refuge" from the cruel/cold world!!!! Amen!!!

Diane Sue - it seems they throw pushups and mountain climbers, etc in odd places everywhere. They are crazy about pushups. Are you doing the non-treadmill (or have you done) portion of the cardio yet? Are you using the amount of risers they use? That's nuts how many they use. They do throw the abs in a few workouts, but I liked the ab work the most in Barry's Arm's and Abs. I also liked the Treadmill portion on his cuz of all those pushing the shopping cart moves, etc he does. They were fun and different and my DH had a fit when he saw me using the TM like that. He said ours isn't a good enough model to do that on it. I also really like doing pullups on the TM since I can't do them on the chin up bar due to my injury.

Dallys- go for it........buy Barry's....if you don't like it, I'm sure you could sell it on Ebay for a good price.

Diane Sue & Toasty -- My home is my "safe refuge" from the cruel/cold world!!!! Amen!!!

Diane Sue - it seems they throw pushups and mountain climbers, etc in odd places everywhere. They are crazy about pushups. Are you doing the non-treadmill (or have you done) portion of the cardio yet? Are you using the amount of risers they use? That's nuts how many they use. They do throw the abs in a few workouts, but I liked the ab work the most in Barry's Arm's and Abs. I also liked the Treadmill portion on his cuz of all those pushing the shopping cart moves, etc he does. They were fun and different and my DH had a fit when he saw me using the TM like that. He said ours isn't a good enough model to do that on it. I also really like doing pullups on the TM since I can't do them on the chin up bar due to my injury.

Dallys- go for it........buy Barry's....if you don't like it, I'm sure you could sell it on Ebay for a good price.

Finished my circiut workout. This week adds in more cardio moves and has only 2 sets of 15 reps instead of three sets. No rests as usual.

*Circuit*
Pushups
Squat-81# (this is the heaviest I've done).
Mountain climbers 1 min.

DB chest fly-20's
Sumo squat-40#
Mountain climbers 1 min.

Bench Dip
Leg extension-5lb. ankle weights
Jumping jacks 1 min.

Lateral raises-15's
Jumping jack 1 min.
SB crunch-20#

Tricep extension-15's
Jumprope 1 min.
Scizzors 1 min.

workout was 46 min.

Lora and Diane Sue- I'll give it some thought on the Barry's Bootcamp. I do love bootcamp type workouts. I just ordered those hook grip gloves and some ab slings.:eek:

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Dallys - where do you buy the ab slings? do they hang from a chin up bar?

Diane Sue - do you know what weight the Silver Band on FW Online is supposed to be equal to?

Little Martha S..NOT....has a question. How many egg white would you put in an egg white omlette if you were going to eat it for lunch?

Lora- Yes, you can use them on a chin bar. Here is the link. The first three are all ab slings. I had a hard time deciding and ended up with the Altus one.

ETA: Dang! The link widens the screen to much...so, just go to www.bodybuilding.com , go to 'enter supersite' and type in 'ab slings' (include the 's') in the search and you should get all 3 to chose from.

Dallys- thanks ...i'll check it out tomorrow. I saw those in Jillian's Circuits. Is that why you wanted them??

Just wanted to say that I'm disappointed in my book I bought on Heartrate Training. It's very technical and seems to be geared towards triatheltes and competitive runner's and extreme athletes. He even suggests getting a Max Velocity Lung test to determine your max HR since the formulas are not accurate. Not really what I was looking for......but was looking for more general info like Diane Sue mentioned from that Absolute Perfection book she was reading. I hope I gain some useful knowledge from it once I do more than just look it over briefly.

RE: Cleaning -- I love the way the house looks after you clean and it smells clean and the carpet looks freshly vacuumed.....but then I get really peeved when it starts to get messed up. It drives me nuts. I also am very obssessive compulsive about cleaning and drive myself nuts doing it.....and spend WAAYYY to much time on it. Won't be doing that when I get a job!! It will have to get cleaned a little less intensively!

Lora, I went to the website and they did not give a weight increment for the tubing. The silver is their heaviest. I guarantee it is tough to move. I usually use the tubing that is down one level from that for most stuff. Not sure what color they call it because it is either teal or green. It is way heavier than the beachbody teal.
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Hello Maniacal Women!

I'm finally home with DH. Woo hoo!!! I'm glad to have him back home after 10 weeks away. That was waaay too long for my taste. He's so happy to be home too. And the dogs - oh my gosh, they were jumping for joy to get picked up from the boarding facility (earlier than planned). They were running around the house like crazy animals. And when we walked in the birds were all saying "Hi! Hi! Hi!" So cute. Our animals don't get angry at us like some people's do. Thank goodness. Anyway, it was a long drive back, but it was great to be with DH. His graduation was cool. The director of the FBI presented them all with their diplomas. I was more impressed with the whole thing than DH. :)

Luckily all the hotels we stayed in had fitness centers, so I was all set. Whew! I would get up at 5am (yes, on my vacation!) to get my workouts in.

Hey Anne - how long were you not allowed to work out after you got boobs. I'm just askin'. You know, for a friend. :p

Char - CONGRATS on your 30 mile bike ride. You rock girl!!!

Chat with you all later!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Dallys - those with the hooks are kind of cool. I've seen those before. I still don't understand how they would stop my wrists from hurting doing bicep curls, though. Those are for things like deadlifts and rows. Great workout, too, by the way! :)

Lora - I'm not domestic either. Hate everything about it!

Hi Suz!! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.