Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties Monday, Jan. 26, 2009

orphylea

Cathlete
Morning hotties!

The cellulite conversation made me feel better yesterday- always nice to know I'm not alone. Mine isn't AWFUL but it could be better. I just have to be really consistent with my diet. It's going well these days.

I did GS Legs today- I enjoyed it but it is LONG. Plus, I did KP&C abs. I burned 561 calories. The last time I did this workout was in December with the first rotation. I am happy to report that I felt much stronger doing it today- upped my weights quite a bit on everything. Thanks Debbie!

Standing Leg Work
Squats BB- 3 sets plus bonus reps- 60#
- Going up to 65# next time
Front Lunges- 2 sets plus bonus reps- 17.5s / 15s
- Not ready for 17.5, really or Cathe's pace is just too fast for me.
Rear Lunges- 15s
Plie Squats- 2 sets- 10# vest plus 17.5s / 20s
- Inching this up next time too
Leg Press Band- 2 sets- 10# vest plus green band and 5 risers
Deadlift toes elevated- 65#
- Doing 70# on this next time
Deadlift on platform- 65#
Slow motion lunges- 8s
- Went up from 6s last time- will try 10s next time
Calf raises- off of platform- no weight

Floor Work
Toe pulls- with stability ball (weird exercise)
Glute squeeze w/ upper body on ball
One leg rollouts on ball w/ upper body on ball
Glute press on ball w/ upper body on ball
Glute tucks on step with green band
Roll ins on ball
Single leg roll ins on ball
Inner thigh squeeze using ball
Inner thigh lift w/ green band
Vertical outer thigh press w/ purple band
Outer thigh raise w/ purple band
- Honestly, this isn't my favorite floor work of Cathe's- prefer PLB floor work. But this is a good change. I did have an easier time doing it than when I did it in the beginning of December. :)

Stretch and KP&C abs

Have a great day everyone!

Hi everyone. This week is my active recovery week. I did cardio today and a stretch workout from Cathe.

For cardio I chose Cardio Coach #8, challenge #1 & 2 and then I added on Cardio Coach #1 challenge #2 so I could get some sprints in. Had an excellent workout.

Then I did the Stretch from Cathe's Butts & Guts. I love that stretch segment.

Cardio stats:
47 minutes total
2:43 minutes below zone
17 minutes in zone
27 minutes above zone
393 calories burned!!!
2.8 miles travelled

Tomorrow I'm off so I get to sleep in!

Trying to figure out what I will be doing next. I'm going to go through my M&F magazines and my Oxygen magazines to see if I can come up with something.

I'll have to go back to read what everyone did this weekend and check out the cellulite discussion! TTYL!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Behind on my rotation with Deb. Gonna do Back/Biceps/Abs today.

Deb,

Great workout! That sounds sweet. I don't have that cardio coach one. Interesting the way you squeezed in another one. BTW, what is a "seated sweep curl" for the PS bicep workout I am doing today?

Patti,

Very good workout! I have to read about the cellulite too. I don't really have any, but TTOM seems to make it look like I do for some reason. :eek:

BTW...WE ARE GONNA GET SOME SNOW TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Char - Seated Sweep Curls are alternating hammer curls with a twist at the top. Turn your wrists in towards and away from your biceps when you get to the top of the movement. :cool:

Hey Guys - I've been missing out but did catch part of yesterday. Cellulite sucks! What bothers me most is seeing the most out of shape person in shorts or swimsuit and they have none. Grrrrrrr. I don't have it too bad and certainly less now than when I was younger - my body has really changed for the better. Always, always room for improved muscle tone though ;)

Yesterday was a CC combo I made for myself, completed on the stepmill and finished up on the TM. Saturday was Bento's Slo Mo legs - still feeling that one! Friday was nothing b/c when I got home from work, I could hardly move and felt like I was coming down with what Halle had but it went away after a good rest.

Hope all is well with you Maniacs - have a great day!

Hey Peeps!

Quick check-in.

LEGS

Leg Press
10r 8r x 2
150# 180#

Calf Press
10r 8r x 2
150# 180#

Leg Extensions
10r 8r x 2
100# 110#

Ab Situps on bench
20/20/20

Romanian Deadlifts
50# 10rx1 12rx2

Lying Leg Curls
40# x 3

Lying Back Extensions
3 sets of 15

Squats
90# 3x10
Decided to go lighter on these to go deeper. Killer!

One Legged Leg Press on Smith Machine
Lie Down on Bench & Push up Bar with leg
105# 3x8 each leg
This was really cool!

Abs – Bench Reverse Crunches – Legs Straight
3 sets of 20

Sorry no time for personals. I'm at work and tons to do! Off to a meeting. Hope you all have a great day!

Okay where to start!

First I'll pipe in on the cellulite conversation. I have it and no matter how thin I have gotten so far I still had some.:mad: Right now it's bad because my weight is up, but according to the scale yesterday I am down 5 pounds, so I am now moving in the right direction.:)

Thanks for all the birthday wishes for DD! The crazy day got crazier. At midnight on Friday I hear DD crying in her room, I go up to find she has thrown up in bed. Clean up DD, then work on bed, but find damage is more extensive than new sheets. Move DD & DS to his room, go back to cleaning. Hear DD cry again..she has gotten sick again, but this time contained to just her pillow. Okay two pillows down. So I decide to not risk putting her back in the bed, because what would I do with DS, so get her sleeping bag and a blanket in a pillow case for a pillow. Finish cleaning up. Then Back to bed little after 1 am. 3 am hear DD crying and yelling for me, sick again, but not much left. Clean her up again, bedding okay. Move DD and sleeping bag to floor in my room. 5 am up and crying again and sick. Both of us back to bed. Me up at 6 am to workout and start preparing for party having no idea how I am going to pull it off with DD being sick. But DH had decorated and set up the church the night before so no way to really back out of it. DD woke up at 8 am. At first was doing okay, then sick one last time. But then she was tired and still not herself. Went to swim lesson for DS, but kept DD out of pool and I went off to my massage. Mad dash back for party. Forgot to bring DH's food, he had to run back home. During party DD wouldn't eat, who could blame her. Then she says she doen't feel well, head hurts and starts running a fever. By the end she was crashed in my arms. During the nap the fever broke. She slept for about and hour. Since the fever broke we decided to attempt the skating, and she was fine and had a blast.:)

Okay now the massage! Really like the massage therapist and he thinks that my condition is reversible. :) He did a posteral assessment and I am twisted. He did a lot of work on my neck and arms, says he will address my unaligned hips after my hands improve. He also gave me a couple of massage techniques and a stretch for my forearms to help open them up. If I notice any improvement it seems that my right hand is doing better, which was the worse one. But the left is still going numb, but I wear a brace in the right at night but not on the left, so I bought another brace this morning to see if that helps the left. I see the therapist on Friday night agian.

Now on to the workout. Mentally I was totally unprepared to start another four weeks of TT, so I opted for Providence. Let's just say it's tough to be humbled. Some of those exercises are killer! I did a jack & jab/plyo combo during the rest except for after the Hi-Pull into Squat, that just left me too winded and used my 20KB for everything. Twice I wanted a lighter one and a few times I wanted a heavier one. Think I stick with the 20lb and work up to it and just try and add a heavier one. Will be interested to see how sore I get. Finished with Tamilee's Sitting Stretch. Workout was 1:05 and I burned 555 calories.

Last edited:
HAPPY MONDAY....at least it was until I got to work. Got told by a parent I was "full of shit!" HA! I actually find it amusing when parents behave like this! (except she did it in front of her son...lovely role model!) It really pissed her off when I replied, Thank you, and I hope you have a nice day!" I loooovvvvveee my job! :D

Linda...how awful for DD to be sick at her own b-day party. Glad she felt better towards the end and enjoyed the skating. I can't believe after being up all night with DD you still got a workout in! Who are you....WONDER WOMAN? :p

Patti...nice workout. Now I get to see what I get to look forward to on Friday!

Meals for today:
M1: 1/2 cup oatmeal w/protein powder, flaxseed and blueberries, 1/2 wg bagel
M2: Protein drink, banana, 10 almonds
M3: 2 cups mixed greens, 3 oz chicken, grapes, walnuts and lite dressing
M4: 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese, 1/2 cup strawberries
M5: 3 oz pork tenderloin, 1 cup yams, small veggie salad
M6: Protein drink

I am enjoying my recovery time. Will do cardio today!

I am fortunate....no cellulite!

Linda - I'm so sorry to hear about all that. What a bummer! I sure hope DD is doing better. Did she have a good birthday anyways?!!!! And I hope the massage therapist helps you. Sounds like something I need to do. Gotta get DH to work his magic on me. I think he was a massage therapist in another life! LOL!

Hey Maniacs!!!

Real quick...just wanted to let you all know that we just got a call from the health dept and Bobby has Whooping Cough. It is highly contagious earlier on and can be dangerous for infants and the elderly to get. It actually could have been worse for him if he did not go on the antiobiotics earlier on. I cannot imagine this though.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Real quick...just wanted to let you all know that we just got a call from the health dept and Bobby has Whooping Cough. It is highly contagious earlier on and can be dangerous for infants and the elderly to get. It actually could have been worse for him if he did not go on the antiobiotics earlier on. I cannot imagine this though.

Holy Crap!!!! :eek: I'm so glad you didn't get it, Char!!! Hope he's feeling better.

I just finished my breakfast of Apples and Oats(recipe in Mens Health Muscle Chow) They suggest if you are on the Ripped Phase add a protein shake. I just mixed a tablespoon of lecithin granules and 1/2 scoop optimum nutrition whey with water and poured it into the oatmeal.
Had to go to the grocery store before I ate though because it is icing up out there and I was out of salad and spinach and other things I usually eat.
This morning I did 15 minutes on the exercise bike and burned 130 calories to warm up. Then I did the joint mobility from AOS Empire State, I followed this with upper body weights then did Body Max 2 combos only and stretch and burned 247 calories. I also did some foam rolling for my tight spots. Total calories burned today was 802.
Weights went like this:
getting in some of my 1RM I did
Dumbbell Rows with both arms 1 set 10 reps 35#, 1 set 10 reps 30#
Barbell flat bench tricep extension 2 sets 10 reps 50# (maybe i could have went heavier since I did 2 sets at this weight)??
barbell curl wide grip 2 sets 10 reps 50# (same here ont the 2 sets)
Muscle Max Upper premix
push ups no 2 sets 12 no weight
dumbbell flys 2 sets 12 reps 15# dumbbells
bonus push ups wide stance no weight
underhand barbell rows 2 sets 15 reps 50#
1 arm dumbbell row 35# left and then right
barbell pullover 40# 10 reps
lateral raise 2 sets 12 reps 15#
band lateral raise
upright row 2 sets 12 reps 10# dumbbells
barbell front raise/rear delt 2 sets 7 reps 25#
barbell bicep curls 1 set 8 reps 45#, 1 set 6 reps 45#
dumbbell partial curls set goes 8 upper half, 8 lower, 4 upper, 4 lower, 15# dumbbells
seated overhead triceps press/ dips 2 sets 10 reps o/h 25# with 14 reps 45# barbell dips
triceps kickbacks with band
Body Max 2
chest ball push ups, wide floor pushups, ball chest flys 15's
shoulders ball seated overhead press1 set 8 reps 20's, 2 sets 4 reps 20's
shoulder circles/lat raises 8# dumbbells 2 sets

Oh wow...whooping cough...for some reason I thought that was one of those 19th century things no one really gets anymore. Guess not!

Linda, glad your little girl enjoyed the skating, at least. What a bummer to be so sick, especially for a kid on her birthday!

Saturday I did Gym Style Legs standing portion, then LIC abs and then the seated portion of Tracey's Yoga Solutions. The next day, which was yesterday, I was so sore in my upper middle back. I don't know if I had bad form on my deadlifts (although I would think that would get your lower back) or if it could be from wrestling around with BF. It still hurts, though, and it hurt like mad yesterday when he was massaging it. I'm not sure what I'll do for a workout...maybe lower body after work tonight. I think maybe I'll give my upper body another day of rest because of the back still hurting.

Linda - I'm so sorry to hear about all that. What a bummer! I sure hope DD is doing better. Did she have a good birthday anyways?!!!! And I hope the massage therapist helps you. Sounds like something I need to do. Gotta get DH to work his magic on me. I think he was a massage therapist in another life! LOL!

Debbie - I think she had a good time in the end. She really did love the skating. I have high hopes for the massage therapist. Lucky you that DH is that good and you can get him to do it! :)

Hey Maniacs!!!

Char
- Must be relief just to have a diagnoses and know what you are dealing with. I will continue to pray for Dh's recovery!

Charlotte, that is really something that they didn't catch that it was whooping cough earlier. I thought most children were immunized for that.
That is a good thing that he was taking antibiotics.

Sonya, what is it with some of these parents anyway?? In front of the child no less:rolleyes: And with that attitude the child will continue to have problems. You sound like you have a good attitude.

Linda, so sorry to hear your dd was sick for her birthday. My grandson was quiet at his(usually quite loud) and I said something to dil. She said he was sick the day before and still not feeling well. I hope the massage therapist helps you out. That would be great if you can take care of it without the surgury. Yes, Providence can be humbling. Some places there I just do a light jog because I know when I do the next round my HR is going to get up there. On cellulite I was once at 98 # which is way to low for my 5'4" and still had cellulite. Diet and exercise has played a key roll in getting it to not show up so much. It takes work and sometimes I think it just isn't fair:)

Suz, nice workout. Enjoy your busy day:)

Sonya: :mad: That's all I have to say about the cellulite thing.

Charlotte: Huh! Isn't that an immunization now? Glad you didn't get it and no one else did, either! It must be nice to have an answer, though.

Linda: OMG, birthday nightmare! I'm glad she rallied enough to have a good time. We had that episode very close to Christmas so I feel your pain. And you are a workout goddess for getting up to workout with very little sleep. You're a maniac!! :p Good news about the massage therapist- chronic pain has such a negative impact on your life.

Diane Sue: How is the knee?

I was going to work or bake some healthy apple muffins while the kids sleep this afternoon but I have this URGE to work on the SSS choreography. Maybe I'll just do a bit and then bake...

I just saw that STS is in:D I just sat down to eat the Meathead Taco salad(no tortillas) from the same book as I made breakfast from. It is pretty good. I did add a tiny bit of picante sauce though and used fat free cheese as it called for lowfat. Dinner will probably be fish and green veggies. I will fit some snacks in too:)

Patti, the knee is still bothering me. Not keeping me up at night anymore but still feel it so have been trying to be careful with it. After the first time I did SSS I found that the power? premix was easier to catch on to then went back and learned the rest.

Ok, I finally went to yesterday's thread to see what all the cellulite talk was about.

Suz - Wow girl! Nice photo's!! You are looking good and you have no cellulite. Not even on the backside of you legs. Your abs are to die for. Nice work!

I have cellulite everywhere right now. Trying to remedy that. But even when I get down to 124#, I still have a dimple or two under my ass cheeks. :mad: But oh well, such is life.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.