Fitnessfreak's January Rotation for January 8, 2009

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

I am going to do cardio today, just not sure what yet, lol! Maybe I will go to the gym?

Take care and keep up the great work:D

Last edited:
Hi girls,

I jsut finished RS, haven't done that one in awhile! that one is so much fun!

Last night I did SM 3, I needed a nice stretch after that UB workout! I am so sore! I will try to do some yoga/ stretch workout tonight!

My best to all. Gotta run!

Good Morning!

I am with Belinda...UB is sooooo sore! And I think it is going to get worse as the day goes by. Now if I could just replace cookies with protein shakes, I may see some nice results!:p I didn't order the STS series so I am thinking about doing this rotation again next month or Dec rotation again. We will see.

Im hoping to get a cardio workout in today but its going to be tough. I am just coming off of a night shift and have to go to the dentist. After that, i am going to bed and then DS as a apt at 2:20. I may be able to workout after that if he takes a nap cause I am back to work tonight at 6:30 again.

BBL! (hopefully with something to report)
Lori:)

P.S Today is a new turning day. I have been totally out of control with cookies. To the point that I am not even eating breakfast or lunch...just cookies:rolleyes: Haven't showed on the scale yet but it will so I have to stop it now!

Today was cardio so I chose Cardio Coach Press Play. Had an excellent workout. Haven't done this one in its entirety in a while.

Was going to do ab work because I don't think I'll have time tomorrow but my abs are so sore from Tuesday's workout that I can't even think to do a cruch. So tomorrow it is.

Cardio stats:
1 hr. 6 minutes
4 minute below zone
22 minutes in zone
40 minutes above zone
556 calories burned!!!! WOO HOO!!!!
4 miles travelled

Happy with these numbers! Love my new HRM! My hubby is the greatest!!

Good Morning!

Quick post to say that I did PS CST and BM2 CST this morning. Pushups are the hardest for me! Wonder where I will have DOMS tomorrow!?!

Have a great day!

FROM YESTERDAY'S POSTS:

I'm a bit dissapointed here. It looks like I'm going to have to take a break from the heavy lifting for at least a week, if not two. I've been having a pain on my left rib and chest. I had the same thing about a year ago, and it seemed to take forever to go away. I am very stubborn, and have the hardest time accepting that I need to take a break, so I've been pushing through this, but the pain has gotten bad enough that I need some relief. So, I'll try taking a mini-break from upper body weights.

I'm really sorry to hear this, Iris. What is causing your rib/chest pain? Is it an exercise or an old injury that flairs up from time to time? It sounds like you have a cracked rib. Is that possible?

I have not worked out yet. It will be closer to 6 or 7 before I do this 75 minute workout. I love seeing how much everyone lifts because it is so incredible that y'all are so strong. i remember when 10 pounders were the heaviest I ever lifted for years. Is that not something? Who would have known that now that I'm older I lift heavier than ever.

Veronika

And...

Reverse fly DB 2x10: 8#(I tell u these made me proud. I just happened to look up at the mirror & I thought, "Wow, are these really my shoulders." I can really see some definition. Thanks FitnessFreak for the rotation and check-in it is a big help.)

I love seeing posts like these!! Nice going girls!!! :D

Just got done with today's workout. We're already 1/3 of the way through the rotation!

My husband was asking who came up with this rotation. I was telling him it was a very knowledgable, impressive woman on the Cathe forum's. I was able to put a face to the name for him, because I just happened to be flipping through my Oxygen magazine that Debbie was in! He was quite impressed! (I started reviewing old Oxygens to get me inspired for the new year)

Annie

Awww, you're so sweet! Thanks Annie! That was my greatest goal to date. I can't believe you still have that issue. :eek:

Wow, I'm feeling today's workout. Who was saying they don't get doms in their shoulders? They should talk to FF - she'll tell them how to get them. Great rotation, Deb. Thanks again.

LOL!! You are welcome! My shoulders are sore today too!

BTW, I have a Polar, think it is an F11. But I know it says I do not have to send it back to replace the battery. I made sure of that before purchasing it. It's been great for me.

I thought they finally came up with a model you didn't have to send back, but I wasn't sure. Maybe Polar finally got a clue.

Oh and Debbie, thanks for the info about Cardio Coach. Sadly, I don't have a treadmill or eplitical, etc... I still appreciate the clarification though. I learned something new today thanks to you.

You're welcome. I have a friend that uses Cardio Coaches outside when she runs. Not sure how they work outside, though. You need to have access to doing inclines. She likes using them, though.

Happily sore and checking in with 40 minutes of Low Max. :)

I wanna see Debbie in Oxygen! Any chances there's a link out there?

Hi guys! I did Step Blast this morning and burned 564 calories. I followed it up with 10 minutes of Steady State Step since I'm trying to learn it but I didn't use the HRM for that. :p

I have to run, but just wanted to stop in and say have a great day!!

Hey All!

I ended up doing a new to *me* workout: Power Max! OMG.. how funny! The outfits with the strap up the buttcrack..!!!! And Cathe kept saying "that's HOT". I was laughing. I have to admit, I did like the music. I have the Tone Loc CD of "Wild thing".... LOL!! Fun workout, not as intense as Step Blast , but I did sweat. My HRM said I burned 700 calories, but I swear, it's not right. I'm; thinking more like 550's...

My UB is tender in certain positions. I can not remember feeling DOMS from upper body work like this before. Debbie, you are a genius! I *heart* your rotations! You were in OXYGEN magazine?? get OUT! I wanna see too!!!

Awesome pic Debbie! I wanted to read the text so I saved it and zoomed in on Microsoft Picture Manager. Thanks for posting, you are an inspiration!

I did the Low Max PM 1-4 and added a 20 min iTread. I feel much better now especially after the run, I needed those endorphins as I'm in the throes of PMS, ugh. Now it's time to walk the dog since it's warm and not windy for once!

Thanks to everyone, all of your posts are so inspiring!

Thanks for sharing the picture! What an inspiration! Today was PS legs and abs, I wore my DH's weighted vest, (I have never done that before) It certainly made a huge difference! I have been afraid to walk up the stairs to get to the shower! Have a good day. Mary

Checking in on the cardio day. I decided to do Mindy Mylreas Interval Express workout this morning. I haven't done it in a while and wanted to switch it up from the regular cathe cardio I've been doing. Did really good and burned over 800 calories! Woohoo!

The scale is back down where it should be after the holiday munchies. Thanks Debbie!

I did SB today....wow, I'm just glad it's one of the easier cardios. Oh boy, I sure am sore today. That's such a good thing. ;) Ouch......

Hi Ladies!

Had a super busy day today but I managed to squeeze in Imax 3 intervals 1-7. Im crossing my fingers that tomorrow is a nice day so that my mom can watch DS while I run before his b-day party. Weights will probably have to wait until Sat...Im assuming tomorrow is PS legs and something else.

Lori:)

Checking in -

I've been working a lot and have not had time to post. I'm no longer a day ahead, I'm right on the money. Well, as long as I get my cardio in today before my daughter's b-ball practice.....
Even though I haven't completed today's workout yet, I thought I would post something. I've been finding that I can only post in the evenings, and here on the west coast, that means I'm one of the last (I think) to post. So "why bother?" I think.
But I'm still in, ladies! And I'm having a great rotation again - thanks again Debbie for breaking down the PS w/os.
Debbie, very cool on the magazine article. It sounds like you've come a long way and you must be so proud of what you've accomplished. Good for you. You are even more of an inspiration now. Your hard work has SO paid off. And we're reaping the rewards of your knowledge, thank you.
Thanks ladies!
Best,

Oh my GOSH, Debbie! Look at you!! That is so cool!! You've done so much on your own, and I feel priveleged you share it with us!!

rotation

Where can I find the orginal post for the rotation? I am interested in doing a new Cathe rotation.

Cardio Amy Bento's "In the Ring"

Hello everyone. Glad to see everyone is having a great day and workout.

Hey HotPants, just post anyway. Sometimes I post way late too. I know I usually go back and read the previous days check-ins to see if anything new posted. I am sure others look back as well.

FitnessFreak your picture in Oxygen is great. What an accomplishment. I will have to figure out how to maginify it too so I can read the article.

Well, today my workout was good. I did combos 1-4 and the combined 1-2 combo/weighted ball together. I didn't do the last part which was 3-4 combo/weighted ball interval together. I am still getting comfortable with combo 3&4. Amy's workouts that I have done so far take a little longer to digest the cardio. I am happy though because I really did the 3&4 better. Well enough said. I hope everyone has a good night. Lets hit it again tomorrow.

HRM Stats
Time: 74 min
Calories: 782
Fat: 35%
Max: 194
Avg: 147
In Zone 1:04

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.