Feb. 08 rotation check in

Kathy36

Cathlete
Hi everyone!!

I just saw Cathe's rotation for this month and love it. It has the perfect combo of weights and cardio that I like. I am starting today on February's rotation. Who else is joining in with me this month? Or if you are doing your own thing and want to chat, that is great too. Motivation is the key!!

I will be doing Kickmax later today after I finish homeschooling the kids....

Have a great one!!

Kathy - I will join in with you! I love the look of this rotation. :) I will scrap my Upper Body workout plans and do Kickmax tonight too.

I'm back with you Kathy!! Hi Liann!! I love the rotation, too. I started this morning with KPC, substituted for KickMax. When KPC was on the rotation last month, my DVD didn't work and I've been wanted to do it every since. So, I tried it this morning and it worked!! I also did the leg conditioning drills from KickMax.

Snow day for the kids today. They were very excited!

I'm in with you guys, but I'm going to start Monday!..so this time I'll be a few workouts behind you.

I'm still "resting/recovering" and I'm getting quite excited to get back into some REAL workouts! February's Rotation looks AWESOME!! Love the weight work!! JUST what I was hoping for!

Yesterday I did Pilates for Abs and Stretchmax with the Band. Today I'm going to do Pilates for Legs and Stretchmax with the Ball!

~Chris

Hi everyone!

So glad to see a new face and some great returning friends..I started out today with Kickmax..Glad there are no Bonus Burns this month. I kinda gave up on them at the end of last month..

Have a great day everyone..

Started out today with Drill Max. I was actually able to do some of the moves I didn't do so well on last time, like the dive bomber push up things and tricep dips on the ball. It was definitely intense, but I didn't feel like I was going to die at the end! Tomorrow is Imax3. Yikes! I may do it with no risers like I did last time. Seems safer.

Chris, glad you'll be able to do this rotation! It's kind of fun being a day or two behind - you can hear from us how grueling the workouts were before you actually do them!

Kathy, I kind of fizzled out on the bonus burn last time too. I probably only did it 6-7 times. I'm glad there isn't one this time, that way I don't feel guilty not doing it.

Everyone enjoy their Saturday. We're off to two soccer games, soccer pictures, a roller skating party, Costco, and then family bingo night at the church. Whew!

*BOWS* to Drill Max and Kick Max conquerors!!

I'm chomping at the bit to get me some Cathe kickbutt workouts! LOL! Today wasn't the best day to start , though, we have my son's friend here from a sleepover, and I don't like leaving them unsupervised (they get into 'it' with my other 2 sons sometimes!).

No, no bonus burn! I kind of liked it, even though i didn't do them all the time. I thought the crunches were really making my abs toner!

I do have a challenge to you all though!

To get in at LEAST one stretch workout a week, preferably 2, best is 3!!

I'm challenging myself, so thought I'd put it out there for you too!

~Chris

IMAX 3 is intense, but I was soooo intimidated by it, finally bought it, and actually like it ALOT! I love all that jumping!! And yes, I don't use ANY risers, just a 6 inch step..

~Chris

Hi everyone!!

Checking in today with Drill Max done..

Now I am off to watch a family movie!!

Talk to you tomorrow..

Hi everyone!!

Today is my rest day..I am going to do some stretching and maybe some abs..

How is everyone else doing??

Hi all! Checking in with Imax3 yesterday and S&H Chest and Back today.

I was so proud of myself!! Chris, I've been intimidated by Imax3, too. I've never really given it my all. Well, yesterday I decided to do it with one riser (6 inches) instead of just the platform. I really didn't modify at all and I did it all! It was really fun. Next time it comes up in a rotation I won't be afraid!

I wasn't really looking forward to S&H today, but I actually enjoyed that too. I have a feeling I will be very sore soon. I might add on a short cardio to a couple of the weight days.

Chris, good idea about the stretching. I'm so bad about it. I always used to skip the stretches at the end of the workouts because I'm always short on time. Well, I've been pretty good about doing them lately. And, I'm been meaning to try Stretch Max.

Kathy, great job on the workouts this weekend!

Joanne

My First Day Check In!!

Look at you, Kathy & Joanne, you guys jumped right in and are skating along this first week!! Hi-5's!! Isn't IMAX 3 fun?? I'm so glad I'm not the only one that thinks so!! I mean, I'm not doing every single jump/move in perfect form, but I'm working up a sweat and really enjoying the jumps!! ..But i have to wait a bit for that. I'm only on my first day:

KICKMAX was this afternoon.

I was a bit afraid of this one, coming off my working weekend, and sleep deprivation and an extended rest week!!!... But it's not so bad, really. I mean, Cathe definitely eases you into the workout. The warm-up is a good long one, the first set of drills are pretty tame, ... it's just the blasts that get ya! I didn't push it the way I usually do. I found I didn't have to. My HR got right up there without really pushing (as a result of all above, i'm thinking)> The leg drills were MUCh easier at the end than last time. Last time I think Kickmax followed Butts & Guts or some bigtime leg workout. So, I was able to do them without moaning and crying! LOL!

I'm feeling great and energized and so looking forward to this week. And my calf is *completely* healed. I did the right thing last week, resting!

Joanne, I really REALLY enjoy Stretchmax. The use of the band and the ball are real fun and get some good stretching of all the muscles in!! Have you ever done it at all? You must!

~Chris

Day #2 Check in!!

I did DRILL MAX today! Seems like I did this not too long ago, very familiar!! Again, I'm feeling so motivated and looking forward to my workouts ... this one included.

My legs were sore from KICK MAX, so some of the Drill Max stuff was harder... Man oh man, she goes HARD on the last drill! The push ups into tuck jumps and then jumping onto and over the step!! Followed by those lunges forward, back and then split lunge changes. Holy camolie! My legs are screaming at me in the end!

Did you guys start the SLow & Heavy stuff yet? How's it going? I haven't done S&H in a very very long time!! (last summer?). I know it's different, and SLOwwwww. It's going to take some getting used to I think! You'll have to let me know...

Are you all doing the rotation as is with the rest day in the middle? Or taking it on Sundays (that's what I'm doing)...

Carry on!

~Chris

Hey Chris: I am doing the rotation as Cathe wrote it right now..Monday's are a good day to take off for me. I did Slow & heavy Chest & Back today!! I feel I will be remembering today's workout tomorrow. I remember back when Cathe had the weight rotation and it was all Slow & heavy and Gym Style!! I was so sore then!!

Have a great rest of the day!!

Hey ladies i'm going to follow this rotaion plan starting Thurs. I think it's a great way to mix the cardio seperate form the weight traing, its different what i've been doing. But it keeps me also training heavy which gives me my best results. I am switching cardio and circuit training up a bit:)
How is it going with everyone else?
I want to join you guys:)
Randi

Chris, great to see you back in the game!! That last drill of Drill Max is tough! No, I've never tried any of Stretch Max. I really need too, I just run out of time!

I'm doing the rotation as Cathe has it, but think I'm taking my rest day this Friday. Just works out better this week that way.

Today I did S&H Legs and Shoulders. I did Chest and Back yesterday, can't remember if I checked in or not! Both were tough, but not as "slow" as I remembered. I remembered the rests as seeming alot longer, but they are only a minute. I'm really feeling it now - should be interesting to see how I am in the morning. I did add on All Step today. Tomorrow is S&H triceps and biceps.

Randi, welcome, and please join in!

Got to get to bed so I have the energy to make it through tomorrow's workout!

Wednesday Check In!

You gals have me so excited to start the S&H series now!! It's quite different being 2 days behind... I think I like it, because I do get motivated to want to do the next day's workout!

I'm pretty sore already this week, though. OH my gosh, after taking the recovery week, I felt Kickmax AND Drill Max almost immediately! I do think stretching helps though. Going to pat myself on the back here... I did 15 Minutes of Yoga/Stretching yesterday afternoon! It's so funny, because I hate to think about doing it, but once I'm in it... I'm in heaven feeling my muscles stretch!! It feels so good!

So I did IMAX 3 today... And I felt it to be much more challenging than I have in the past. Again, maybe because of my week off last week. Holy camolie! It was tough! But I made it through. My most favorite interval , though, is straddle jumping. First step down, then jump up, followed by all jumping up, and then doing it in 3's and then the jumping jacks! Isn't that fun?!?!

It is going to be hard to JUST do weights tomorrow. I'm a cardio addict. I really want to see if it will be effective in helping me lose a bit of body fat though and my notorious 7 pounds! Gotta bite the bullet and let go of my endorphins tomorrow!! lol!

Welcome Randi!! It's great to have someone else to share in the rotation !!!

~Chris

Welcome Randi!!

Well, I am feeling it in my chest and back like I knew I would...It is a "good" sore though..I am doing S&H legs and shoulders today when I get back from taking my daughter to the orthodontist..Busy day with homeschooling and church for Ash Wednesday...

Chris: I am usually enjoying the first set of those jumping jack things on the step..The second set I am pooped out!! I am a cardio junkie too..But, funny thing is that since I have been doing Cathe's rotations and doing the weight days or rotations I have really noticed a difference and I see weight loss...So, I am enjoying the S&H days for now..I have been hanging on to the same weight range for about a week. Which is good because I haven't been eating totally clean!!!

Have a great day ladies!!

Alrighty then!

I did my first day of Slow & Heavy! I haven't done these workouts in a dog's day! They are Sooooo different, aren't they? So today was Chest & Back. It's crazy, my muscles shake like chihuahuas (I love that Cathe quote!!)! This is the few workouts that does that to me! (that's good, right???).

So yeah, the rest time makes the workout seem soooo slow paced. And I wore my HR monitor, and my HR maybe hit 90, ONCE! LOL! I burned about 140 calories, max. For an hour! I could have been doing Yoga! But it's all good, I will miss my cardio BIG time, but I do want to give this way a chance.

I'm motivated by it working for you, Kathy!

I did 15 minutes of Yoga/stretching yesterday afternoon too. I'm really liking it. And I plan on today as well, and probably tomorrow! YAY me!

Hope you guys all have a great workout today! Looking forward to hearing your check-in's later!

~Chris

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.